[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: Should I be worried about what I did here?
Author Thread
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/4/2019  9:52 PM
So I went to check out a car at a hyundai dealership. Cost $17,000 on the net. I expected them to add about $4000 in fees and taxes. I was hoping to negotiate down from there but I was still prepared to buy the car. I submitted a credit application (bad move, I know). They proceed to write down an offer of $422 for 72 months. I was stunned by how high that was. They were only willing to budge a little and only if I put in a bigger downpayment. I said “No, peace out.” I looked at my calculator when I got in my car and saw $422x72 is $30,384. (If I remember correctly but that’s almost exactly it.) They essentially tried robbing me.

I ended up posting about that on their facebook page. My question is, even though what i said was completely true, should I be worried about them coming after me? I just deleted the complaint. Thanks in advance.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/4/2019  10:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/4/2019  10:14 PM
Its the holidays, probably not paying attention. Im guessing the offer wasnt in writing. Its your word against theirs. Can be expensive to go to court, lawyers, court costs. Unless you put up a billboard calling them a bunch of greedy douchebags, I wouldnt worry about it. Wouldn't be the kind of publicity they want.
Allanfan20
USA
7/4/2019  10:16 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Its the holidays, probably not paying attention. Im guessing the offer wasnt in writing. Its your word against theirs. Can be expensive to go to court, lawyers, court costs. Unless you put up a billboard calling them a bunch of greedy douchebags, I wouldnt worry about it. Wouldn't be the kind of publicity they want.

I mean they wrote it but it wasn’t anything official. I have no documents.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
GustavBahler

7/4/2019  10:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/4/2019  10:28 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Its the holidays, probably not paying attention. Im guessing the offer wasnt in writing. Its your word against theirs. Can be expensive to go to court, lawyers, court costs. Unless you put up a billboard calling them a bunch of greedy douchebags, I wouldnt worry about it. Wouldn't be the kind of publicity they want.

Not sure what you are concerned about, if thats their offer and you called them out for it, thats your review of their dealership. Thats what the review section is there for. You deleted it anyway. If they noticed, its likely considered end of story. If you go to Yelp you find companies burying bad reviews. Some which are very detailed. Thats how they respond. they dont take bad reviewers to court. Almost always ends in blowing up in their faces, publicity wise. End up getting flooded with even worse reviews. Fuggetaboutit!

Allanfan20
USA
7/4/2019  10:32 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

Not sure what you are concerned about, if thats their offer and you called them out for it, thats your review of their dealership. Thats what the review section is there for. You deleted it anyway. If they noticed, its likely considered end of story. If you go to Yelp you find companies burying bad reviews. Some which are very detailed. Thats how they respond. they dont take bad reviewers to court. Almost always ends in blowing up in their faces, publicity wise. End up getting flooded with even worse reviews. Fuggetaboutit!

Thank you. I appreciate it.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/4/2019  10:59 PM
I guess it is financing.
6 years and even if it is 5% you are adding 30% in financing cost.
21K will have almost 7K is interest.
So you get 28K. 5% you get with very good credit so can be even worth.
If you would have 20K in cash this what you would end up paying...
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
GustavBahler

7/4/2019  11:11 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

No worries, SL is here!

Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

7/5/2019  8:22 AM
Truth is alway a defense to libel
(5)(5)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/5/2019  8:44 AM
They would have to demonstrate you did damage. I doubt you should worry.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
7/5/2019  9:41 AM
I have also had bad experience with Hyundai. They tried to get me into a low payments up front and loaded in the back end. I’m like I like no the regular financing with payments broken up evenly. They wouldn’t give it to me. I told them thanks but no thank. And bought a Toyota.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

7/5/2019  9:51 AM
My advice is always to go to your local credit union and get prequalified. Don't even let the dealership know that you are pre-qualified. Negotiate the best price you can get. Then when you meet what the finance guy tell them that you are pre-qualified and you intend on signing up with the credit union unless they can beat the price and terms. Sometimes these guys get lazy with price when they think they can rob you on financing. This might surprise some of you but I am a pain in the ass to negotiate with
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
7/5/2019  12:32 PM
My method to purchasing cars...which has worked nicely for the last 2.

1. Decide exactly what you want down to the color.

2. Email several dealerships, telling them you are ready to buy and exactly what you want. Tell them you don't need to waste their time and you just need their best "out the door price". This is the price you will pay at the end of the day with all fees, taxes etc built in. You may need to contact several outside of your immediate area.

3. Wait for responses. Some will want you to come in, and I do that as long as they know I'm not there to haggle, just to get their best price offer.

PURE KNICKS LOVE
Chandler
Member: #6197

7/5/2019  4:06 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:My advice is always to go to your local credit union and get prequalified. Don't even let the dealership know that you are pre-qualified. Negotiate the best price you can get. Then when you meet what the finance guy tell them that you are pre-qualified and you intend on signing up with the credit union unless they can beat the price and terms. Sometimes these guys get lazy with price when they think they can rob you on financing. This might surprise some of you but I am a pain in the ass to negotiate with

(5)(5)
CleaverGreene
Member: #8756

7/5/2019  5:31 PM
Andrew wrote:My method to purchasing cars...which has worked nicely for the last 2.

2. Email several dealerships, telling them you are ready to buy and exactly what you want. Tell them you don't need to waste their time and you just need their best "out the door price". This is the price you will pay at the end of the day with all fees, taxes etc built in. You may need to contact several outside of your immediate area.

3. Wait for responses. Some will want you to come in, and I do that as long as they know I'm not there to haggle, just to get their best price offer.

I hate car sales people with a passion.

I like any idea that limits my dealings with them.

This method sounds intriguing.

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/5/2019  7:16 PM
The only people that don't get screwed buying a car is the dealership.... Even if you are playing cash. They always get over some kind of way.... you would think there would be regulations after all these years. They are allowed to rob you every single time. Its about how bad they screw you.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Allanfan20
USA
7/5/2019  9:23 PM
Andrew wrote:My method to purchasing cars...which has worked nicely for the last 2.

I’ve heard this is the best way and I try but a ton of dealerships just wont do it. I guess they realize their best chances of making the most money are at the dealership.

Allanfan20
USA
7/5/2019  9:24 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:My advice is always to go to your local credit union and get prequalified. Don't even let the dealership know that you are pre-qualified. Negotiate the best price you can get. Then when you meet what the finance guy tell them that you are pre-qualified and you intend on signing up with the credit union unless they can beat the price and terms. Sometimes these guys get lazy with price when they think they can rob you on financing. This might surprise some of you but I am a pain in the ass to negotiate with

I suck at negotiating. I just walk out when it gets annoying.

Allanfan20
USA
7/5/2019  9:25 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

No worries, SL is here!

Yeah. I am stuck waiting for the Lakers and Bulls to finish this game. Kinda like when I was a kid and I watched Thundercats in order to get to the Ninja Turtles.

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
7/6/2019  11:05 AM
You are allowed to speak truth and opinion
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

7/7/2019  9:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/7/2019  9:24 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:

I suck at negotiating. I just walk out when it gets annoying.

I used to suck at it... Then I realized it is just talking to people and asking for stuff

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
OT: Should I be worried about what I did here?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy