[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Ex-Knick Amar’e Stoudemire wants to play in the NBA again
Author Thread
bigjeep8
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3297

7/4/2019  10:02 AM
Amar’e Stoudemire is looking to make a comeback, but that doesn’t mean he’s seeking a reunion with the Knicks.
Stoudemire, who played in the NBA for 14 seasons, and Monta Ellis want to try to hook up with a contending team such as the Lakers, and will work out privately for at least five NBA teams, ESPN’s Jordan Schultz reported Tuesday.

The 36-year-old Stoudemire averaged 18.9 points and 7.8 rebounds per game during his career. He spent the beginning and bulk of his career with the Phoenix Suns before coming to New York as a free agent in 2010, the same year LeBron James and Chris Bosh signed with the Heat to form a super team with Dwyane Wade in Miami.
Stoudemire, who lacked the incredible leaping ability he had in Phoenix before microfracture surgery, still was very formidable. In five Knicks seasons, he averaged 17.3 points, 6.7 rebounds and made three playoff appearances. For beaten-down Knicks fans, the Stoudemire era looks even better in hindsight.

Stoudemire, a six-time All-Star, has most recently played for Tri State in the BIG3 and Hapoel Jerusalem. He has shown some flashes in BIG3, a once-a-week league, but the level of competition is nowhere near the caliber of the NBA.
As for Ellis, he hasn’t played in the league since the 2016-17 season. He played for 12 seasons with five teams — the Warriors, Raptors, Bucks, Mavericks and Pacers — and averaged 17.8 points and 4.6 assists during his career.
Though both players had good NBA careers, neither was known for their defensive prowess, and the modern fast-paced game doesn’t fit their skill sets, making a comeback for either highly unlikely.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/04/ex-knick-amare-stoudemire-wants-to-play-in-the-nba-again/

AUTOADVERT
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/4/2019  10:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/4/2019  10:19 AM
Former NY players can make a formidable senior team...
NBA should start some veterans league for players after NBA retirement.
Should be interesting business opportunity...
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/4/2019  10:35 AM
Seeing Amare when healthy live was a sight to behold. I recall a dunk in traffic where he seemed to leap and accelerate to the rim in a inhumanly fashion I really can’t but to words.
Nalod was a a big fan. Hated the contract as he lingered for two years. Knicks were desperate and Dolan had Walsh clear the cap from Lebron. Isiah was still in his ear. Donnie was neutered in NY.

I hope Amare can have a role on a championship team. Not with us. Don’t be surprised if he a net!

TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

7/4/2019  4:14 PM
Nalod wrote:

I hope Amare can have a role on a championship team. Not with us. Don’t be surprised if he a net!

Can't defend the rim. Can't space the floor with a three point shot

If he had worked a functional three point shot relentlessly at the back half of his career, he'd still be playing now.

Players have to be willing to reinvent themselves later in their careers.

The trend towards three point shooting was pretty glaring for a very long time. Even back during NellieBall V1, you could see the roots of the way the modern game would eventually be played (Hardaway Sr as a pure attack guard and Manute Bol as the first Stretch 5 with Rod Higgins as a part time small ball long range gunning 5)

I know Don Nelson doesn't get a ton of love from Knicks fans because his tenure was so brutal, but he really did change the way the entire league operated. He was so ahead of his time. ( Attack Guards, Stretch 5, Hack A Shaq, mining the international market, Pushing volume 3 point shots, Hybrid Jumbo Wings, Small ball pivots, so many interesting things in a different era of play)

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/4/2019  4:41 PM
Nalod wrote:Seeing Amare when healthy live was a sight to behold. I recall a dunk in traffic where he seemed to leap and accelerate to the rim in a inhumanly fashion I really can’t but to words.
Nalod was a a big fan. Hated the contract as he lingered for two years. Knicks were desperate and Dolan had Walsh clear the cap from Lebron. Isiah was still in his ear. Donnie was neutered in NY.

Maybe after next season, because without KD he would be wasting time there. He would probably go to LA, where they will need all the minimum talent they can get.

Knicks_Fan
dwiley20
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5755

7/4/2019  4:45 PM
Shout out to Amare pure beast on the court...he developed a nice mid range, great on the block, go to the Warriors
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/4/2019  6:29 PM
For that vet minimum, I would take him and I would take him over Lance. His vet leadership alone is worth having for that much.

That would be even better than when I suggested we get Vince Carter for a cheap salary.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
7/4/2019  7:26 PM
Max him out!
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/4/2019  11:08 PM
ToddTT wrote:Max him out!

Veteran maximum!!!

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Ex-Knick Amar’e Stoudemire wants to play in the NBA again

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy