[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: 30000
Author Thread
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
7/3/2019  11:33 PM
I'm leaving again but noticed I was at 29999. 30000 seems like a good number to depart on.

I am not pleased with this team and its clear that that opinion is not welcome. Understood. I have no need to fight upstream. Take care, everyone. Be well. Stay safe.

AUTOADVERT
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
7/3/2019  11:46 PM
Solace wrote:I'm leaving again but noticed I was at 29999. 30000 seems like a good number to depart on.

I am not pleased with this team and its clear that that opinion is not welcome. Understood. I have no need to fight upstream. Take care, everyone. Be well. Stay safe.

You again.....did somebody leave the back door open.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/3/2019  11:49 PM
Solace wrote:I'm leaving again but noticed I was at 29999. 30000 seems like a good number to depart on.

We have a lot of other posters who are not pleased but they still welcome.
It is not about the opinion, it is about how one communicated it.
About being polite, accepting opinions of others, and provide substance to the conversation.
No hard feelings and all good man.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
7/4/2019  1:59 AM
u’ll be back. mitch gonna dunk on everyone.
stopstandthere
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #6004

7/4/2019  2:15 AM
Please stay
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/4/2019  10:23 AM
Solace,

I have been fed up, stayed away a few weeks. Then came back. Knicks are my team. I was very loud on my distain regarding Isiah and Marbury and the regime that instituted that era of awfulness.
For many reasons well discussed the starphuching this franchise has been attempting over DECADES is astonishing and has become part of our knick culture. Let’s not forget this is an entertainment company competing for entertainment dollars.
We started this with Spencer Haywood and then Bob McAdoo. Big names. We know the rest. Over and over the false prophets were sold to us. To the point we can’t sustain without some kind of hope. After last week media immediately does “Giannis will be free in two years”! How many of us argued the “Tank” and its justification without digesting the 14.5 odd?
My opinion on Kawhi is he is a great talent and just did an amazing feat with GSW breaking at a most unfortunate time. But look into his intangibles and one might see there could be big problems down the road. Since the roster is not mature and ready for a player of his stature its not a good fit. To have gutted the team and picks for AD witthout any assurance from a free agent would have also been a problem.

Its easy to say one would have come on logic but the roster gutting, and assets to traded takes a bit hit and the roster is limited to support a star player. Even two. What is the upside over three year after that? We tried that with Melo, even cobbled together a 54 win season. Amare-Melo-Tyson on paper was great. It was ok.

The anger demonstrated by some “sects” of fans is understandable given our history and how fans and the media together have distorted expectations. Knicks are not innocent in this either. Dolan is a moron. Dolan has been a moron.

Kawhi is questioning Lakers FO stability. Its important to players the culture and stability is sustainable. Yet fans are calling for our guys heads while they are building a real foundation and a culture. Firing guys after a year or two based on a 17 win season, not getting Zion, and not starphuching WOULD BE UNSTABLE.

Thats my take. Solace, we all have our opinions and emotions. I have left in a fit and came back. So have others. I had learned to dial down the emotional part and find this team, even in its dysfunction at times interesting to follow and discuss. I think at this juncture they are making an honest effort to build from within and produce talent to play and used for trades.

Its like family. I don’t always like what they do or the outcome. KP was unfortunate at many levels but FO acted not out of desperation. I respected the decision. LIke family not all good decisions work out. But we know if they are consistent then consistency will happen. Good luck and I would imagine only your ego might not welcome you back. Most of us would be fine with it. We all do it when frustrated. Sometimes one has to change their minds too. I have.

OT: 30000

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy