[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks Management is Incompetent
Author Thread
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
7/3/2019  10:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/3/2019  10:36 PM
But the true problem is if you trade Porzingis for cap space you better be 100% you can use it. We bought placeholders and oven mits. You HAVE to spend the cap. But we wasted it on junk to try again for cap room in 2 years. Worse yet the players we did get will have us picking 7-13 for the next few years so we have little chance to get a stud to pair with Barrett. This will be a long rebuild.
AUTOADVERT
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/3/2019  10:36 PM
Solace wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Solace wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:So it’s incompetent to act on a realistic plan that you have instead of waiting for a meeting on a dream that EVERYONE including the media bullying NY considered impossible because Kawhi would either go to LA or stay in Toronto?

What plan?? We traded Kristaps Porzingis for cap space to sign a star. That was the plan so you see it through. We switched course to overpay scrubs. Meanwhile the franchise was set back years by the Kristaps trade. This is worse than anything Phil did. If you don't see that, then I suggest putting a towel under your knees to prevent rugburn.

Just because you have chosen your negative narrative to believe doesn’t actually make it a fact. This simplistic view that negates all the flexibility the team actually got, the assets acquired and the real reasoning to sign the players they signed considering the youth, it really sucks.

I get being frustrated for not getting the stars we wanted and being bullied even more on the media, but not to be able to pivot from that into the not spectacular but really solid plan the front office has is sad.

Its the only realistic narrative. You homers do this every time and every time it blows up and you are positive about the next. I've been going through these Knicks cycles for 20 years. Every time I have a bad feeling about a move the Knicks make, I've been proven right. Trading Porzingis was a four year setback. Its a long road and we don't have a higher ceiling than before we traded Porzingis and we got no free agents.

Here are the facts: Perry and Mills wanted Porzingis out so bad that we got nothing for him. We justified this because DOLAN basically told us we were getting Durant and Kyrie. This was mot the media. Dolan said it himself. If we got them it justified trading Porzingis. If we gor Kawhi it justified it. Neither of those things happened so these a-holes have to be held responsible for trading the next Dirk and getting Dennis Smith Jr who is at best a 7th man off the bench. You don't get up from this bad a mistake. This will go down as one of the worst recent trades in NBA history. You'll see... I would love to be wrong on this. But I'm not. You guys are suckered in by love of the team and not logic. Sorry.

And if this is an attempt to repeat the Nets plan, we can't. They have a good GM and don't have the most distrusted owner in the NBA.

Wow guys! We actually have an insider here! Quick, gather your questions for the man! He has all of the answers because he is an insider. Zero speculation! The guy has the goods! Take a number and wait in line!

So being a dark cloud fan expecting always the worst helps you move “forward”? You are always right, so why try to be objectives and see both the front office’s faults and achievements when you can create your own dark narrative and be sheltered by it? Oh, sorry! I forget you don’t speculate! You got the insider stuff. Right...

Knicks_Fan
Solace
USA
7/3/2019  10:37 PM
Knicksfan wrote:
Solace wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Solace wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:So it’s incompetent to act on a realistic plan that you have instead of waiting for a meeting on a dream that EVERYONE including the media bullying NY considered impossible because Kawhi would either go to LA or stay in Toronto?

What plan?? We traded Kristaps Porzingis for cap space to sign a star. That was the plan so you see it through. We switched course to overpay scrubs. Meanwhile the franchise was set back years by the Kristaps trade. This is worse than anything Phil did. If you don't see that, then I suggest putting a towel under your knees to prevent rugburn.

Just because you have chosen your negative narrative to believe doesn’t actually make it a fact. This simplistic view that negates all the flexibility the team actually got, the assets acquired and the real reasoning to sign the players they signed considering the youth, it really sucks.

I get being frustrated for not getting the stars we wanted and being bullied even more on the media, but not to be able to pivot from that into the not spectacular but really solid plan the front office has is sad.

Its the only realistic narrative. You homers do this every time and every time it blows up and you are positive about the next. I've been going through these Knicks cycles for 20 years. Every time I have a bad feeling about a move the Knicks make, I've been proven right. Trading Porzingis was a four year setback. Its a long road and we don't have a higher ceiling than before we traded Porzingis and we got no free agents.

Here are the facts: Perry and Mills wanted Porzingis out so bad that we got nothing for him. We justified this because DOLAN basically told us we were getting Durant and Kyrie. This was mot the media. Dolan said it himself. If we got them it justified trading Porzingis. If we gor Kawhi it justified it. Neither of those things happened so these a-holes have to be held responsible for trading the next Dirk and getting Dennis Smith Jr who is at best a 7th man off the bench. You don't get up from this bad a mistake. This will go down as one of the worst recent trades in NBA history. You'll see... I would love to be wrong on this. But I'm not. You guys are suckered in by love of the team and not logic. Sorry.

And if this is an attempt to repeat the Nets plan, we can't. They have a good GM and don't have the most distrusted owner in the NBA.

Wow guys! We actually have an insider here! Quick, gather your questions for the man! He has all of the answers because he is an insider. Zero speculation! The guy has the goods! Take a number and wait in line!

So being a dark cloud fan expecting always the worst helps you move “forward”? You are always right, so why try to be objectives and see both the front office’s faults and achievements when you can create your own dark narrative and be sheltered by it? Oh, sorry! I forget you don’t speculate! You got the insider stuff. Right...

With all due respect, maybe I once again suggest you use the towel to prevent rugburn. Also, your tongue must be tired.

stopstandthere
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #6004

7/3/2019  10:38 PM
They have not ever tried.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/3/2019  10:39 PM
Solace wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:You dont like their plan? Whats yours? Details please. Which players are you sure would sign with the Knicks? Would they be 100 percent by opening day? Team players? Injury prone? Fill in the roster for us.

Tank again if we don't get anyone. This plan leads us to mediocrity which is no mans land in the NBA. But my plan starts with NOT trading Porzingis. We could've traded him now to make room for KD if we needed the space.

Perry is overhyped garbage as a GM.

They wouldn't have signed Randle if they wanted to tank. He isnt a star, but he can get buckets. Payton has his flaws for sure, but he has shown he can play at a high level. If you want to tank, you sign players with less of an upside. You sign broken down stars, who will be lucky to play half a season.

You still haven't said jack about your plan. If Perry's plan is chicken****, where is your chicken salad?

Solace
USA
7/3/2019  10:46 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Solace wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:You dont like their plan? Whats yours? Details please. Which players are you sure would sign with the Knicks? Would they be 100 percent by opening day? Team players? Injury prone? Fill in the roster for us.

Tank again if we don't get anyone. This plan leads us to mediocrity which is no mans land in the NBA. But my plan starts with NOT trading Porzingis. We could've traded him now to make room for KD if we needed the space.

They wouldn't have signed Randle if they wanted to tank. He isnt a star, but he can get buckets. Payton has his flaws for sure, but he has shown he can play at a high level. If you want to tank, you sign players with less of an upside. You sign broken down stars, who will be lucky to play half a season.

You still haven't said jack about your plan. If Perry's plan is chicken****, where is your chicken salad?

Is it not obvious? My plan would be to build around Porzingis and Barrett and then hoping to add one of KD, Kawhi, Kyrie or Kemba Walker to the mix this offseason. We diverged from my plan 6 months ago so seems rather irrelevant now.

My plan B if we made the moronic move of trading Porzingis and whiffed on all major free agents would be to take on other teams bad contracts with picks attached and rebuild that way. I would have considered taking John Wall if Washington threw a bunch of picks my way.

Solace
USA
7/3/2019  10:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/3/2019  10:51 PM
And Randle is fine. He's good enough to get us in the mid to high 20 wins range. But he's overpaid at his salary and will ensure that we probably get a mid lottery pick instead of high. He also won't be here after 2 years because no way we resign him. I don't see how that benefits us.
GustavBahler

7/3/2019  11:04 PM
Solace wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Solace wrote:

Is it not obvious? My plan would be to build around Porzingis and Barrett and then hoping to add one of KD, Kawhi, Kyrie or Kemba Walker to the mix this offseason. We diverged from my plan 6 months ago so seems rather irrelevant now.

My plan B if we made the moronic move of trading Porzingis and whiffed on all major free agents would be to take on other teams bad contracts with picks attached and rebuild that way. I would have considered taking John Wall if Washington threw a bunch of picks my way.

Porzingis? We're talking about Porzingis? Lets recap. Perry takes the job, and loses KP to a season ending injury. That season, and tbe next one is a wash because your franchise player cant play. KP also cant go very far into a season before running out of gas.

The next season, Porzingis is in street clothes, he isnt contributing anything, he hasnt in year. He lets it be known he doesnt like the way the team is being run. From the bench.

He then goes to Perry/Mills with his brother and says something to the effect of "F you, pay me" Doesnt matter that KP still hasn't recovered from his injury, he wants his money now or he walks.

My response would be the same as Perry's I would ship KP's humpty dumpty ass on the first flight to Dallas. Who the F does he think he is to march his narrow ass into Perry's office and demand anything, when he is still hurt, and the Knicks have yet to see how well he has recovered? Why would they let themselves get rolled like that?

ekstarks94
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6104

7/3/2019  11:08 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Solace wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Solace wrote:

Porzingis? We're talking about Porzingis? Lets recap. Perry takes the job, and loses KP to a season ending injury. That season, and tbe next one is a wash because your franchise player cant play. KP also cant go very far into a season before running out of gas.

The next season, Porzingis is in street clothes, he isnt contributing anything, he hasnt in year. He lets it be known he doesnt like the way the team is being run. From the bench.

He then goes to Perry/Mills with his brother and says something to the effect of "F you, pay me" Doesnt matter that KP still hasn't recovered from his injury, he wants his money now or he walks.

My response would be the same as Perry's I would ship KP's humpty dumpty ass on the first flight to Dallas. Who the F does he think he is to march his narrow ass into Perry's office and demand anything, when he is still hurt, and the Knicks have yet to see how well he has recovered? Why would they let themselves get rolled like that?

After 25/games the MFer acted like he played 40 mins a game and it was game 72....if anything this offseason told us is you cannot hold a player hotage
arkrud
Member: #995
USA
7/3/2019  11:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/3/2019  11:10 PM
Solace wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Solace wrote:

How you can build around player who does not want to play for your team?
How you can recruit free agents to the team without a roster?
How you can rely on signing players who can choose any team in NBA and your team is the worst?
How you can post anything of a substance about the team you did not followed for a while?
You can of course to be a Troll... this does not require any effort.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Solace
USA
7/3/2019  11:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/3/2019  11:17 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Solace wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Solace wrote:

Your version of events is inaccurate based on recent reporting. Actually Porzingis asked to speak to Dolan and when Mills prevented him from doing so is when he requested to be traded.

Here's the deal. You guys have been reducing his talents since you don't like his personality. Most NBA stars are divas. They run the league. You put up with it for that kind of talent. You make it work. Instead we let egos get in the way of business and the result is a four year setback and a franchise in shambles. I'm tired of watching the perpetual rebuild because we fail to do it right. The rules are simple and we constantly violate them. Its proven out as we have been the least successful franchise of the past I believe 19 years.

Solace
USA
7/3/2019  11:18 PM
The irony is we tell ourselves this is a new road but look closer. Its the same road and we're making very similar mistakes again.
Solace
USA
7/3/2019  11:21 PM
arkrud wrote:
Solace wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Solace wrote:

How you can rely on signing players who can choose any team in NBA and your team is the worst?
How you can post anything of a substance about the team you did not followed for a while?

First off I didn't say I didn't follow the team. I said I didn't post for years. The rest of what you wrote is irrelevant. You aren't interested in my responses. So, thanks for playing. Bye.

arkrud
USA
7/3/2019  11:23 PM
Solace wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Solace wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Solace wrote:

Your version of events is inaccurate based on recent reporting. Actually Porzingis asked to speak to Dolan and when Mills prevented him from doing so is when he requested to be traded.

Here's the deal. You guys have been reducing his talents since you don't like his personality. Most NBA stars are divas. They run the league. You put up with it for that kind of talent. You make it work. Instead we let egos get in the way of business and the result is a four year setback and a franchise in shambles. I'm tired of watching the perpetual rebuild because we fail to do it right. The rules are simple and we constantly violate them. Its proven out as we have been the least successful franchise of the past I believe 19 years.

Porzingis wanted out and Dallas is perfect destination for him.
He needs European connection and more relaxed culture.
He has talent but hi is weak physically and has soft character.
He needs alpha-dog like Luka to lead him and mentoring for guy like Dirk.
He will be OK. NY is not for cats like him.
Rules are simple only in public toilets but still not everyone can obey...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
arkrud
USA
7/3/2019  11:25 PM
Solace wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Solace wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Solace wrote:

First off I didn't say I didn't follow the team. I said I didn't post for years. The rest of what you wrote is irrelevant. You aren't interested in my responses. So, thanks for playing. Bye.

You are not interesting in anything but your own opinions.
Which is very common among Trolls. So hello mister Troll.
Welcome back to UK!!!

Solace
USA
7/3/2019  11:26 PM
I think I forgot why I stopped posting here. Well this has been fun. Bye.
arkrud
USA
7/3/2019  11:27 PM
Solace wrote:I think I forgot why I stopped posting here. Well this has been fun. Bye.

Yehh...
It was fun.. but short one.
Good luck posting!!!

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/3/2019  11:34 PM
Solace wrote:I think I forgot why I stopped posting here. Well this has been fun. Bye.

Dude, we all have opinions and ideas and all argue about them. But if you claim to know things for fact and can’T stand people not believing your gospel, you won’t have any fun posting. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Knicks_Fan
GustavBahler

7/3/2019  11:45 PM
Solace wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Solace wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Solace wrote:

I guarantee you Dolan knew everything that was going on and signed off on it. No way Mills would greenlight a trade of that magnitude without keeping him in the loop. Dolan didnt want to talk to him, he's been rightfully catching hell for doing too much. Doubt he liked the strong arm tactics by Pozingis and his brother. None of us can say we know Dolan on a personal level, but Im pretty sure that their threat didnt sit well with him.

Most of us are cognizant of all the false starts empty promises. What some of us see thats different is

1) Plan B can be over within one season, as opposed to players whose biggest impact on the team will be the cap hit over too many years.

2) Very good drafting: Remains to be seen how good they get, but we defintely have some good talent to work with.

3) Patience: Perry had Melo's max deal, NTC, trade kicker, we got back Mitch I believe, as well as no long term cap hit for a player who showed OKC, why he was traded, as well as Houston.

4) Flexibility: No long term garbage contracts mean that if these young players show something, there should be more interest because the Knicks are showing that they can develop players.

Just Perry acting like a competent GM, is a huge change from the past. Its not a guarantee of future success. Dont believe anyone is reserving their championship tees. It does make a fan (at least this one) more enthusiastic about the direction of the team in a long time. This is more like late 80s, early 90s Knicks. Hopefully we will see it on th3 court, and even better.

smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
7/4/2019  3:33 AM
I love how so many people pretend like either they forgot we got 2 1st round picks back in the KP trade (one of which is unprotected) or that now first round picks are a worthless irrelevance, while also praising the Pels for getting first round picks back for AD and criticizing us for not taking back bad contracts to get firsts.
Knicks Management is Incompetent

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy