[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: Who is left on GS?
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/3/2019  10:55 AM

Iggy traded. No idea on Shawn Livingston but I thought I had read he might retire. Durant obviously gone. Bell signed with another team. Looney resigned. Cousins still waiting on a contract. Thompson gone for a year.

They got DRuss and I guess will eventually have to turn him into a lot of pieces; enjoy that 1 year in SanFran.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/3/2019  11:00 AM
The Knicks are going to be buyers at the deadline and this is the kind of fit that actually makes sense. GS wants to retool around Curry/Green/Klay. To do that they will need a bunch of pieces. Like the kind we just signed.

Not saying that he will be a Knick but he will sure as hell be available

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
USA
7/3/2019  11:07 AM
Let's say GS maxes out or near maxes Green. In 2 years, when Thompson if finally healthy, Curry will be 32 and making $43M, Thompson will be 30 and making ~$35M(?) and Green will be 30 making ~$33M. DRuss will be on the books for $30M. That's $140+M for 4 players.
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
7/3/2019  11:21 AM
I think GS is in trouble, they also gave away 2 future firsts (one of which had very minimal protection) this offseason)
martin
USA
7/3/2019  11:31 AM
smackeddog wrote:I think GS is in trouble, they also gave away 2 future firsts (one of which had very minimal protection) this offseason)

yeah, they've had a great run and just threw out Iggy like he was trash. It'll be interesting to see what they do with Draymond, if they do indeed max him out (or near that).

Feel like they were very lucky in having Iggy/Livingston off the bench and Bogut to some degree. Don't know how you replace those role players.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/3/2019  11:51 AM
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:I think GS is in trouble, they also gave away 2 future firsts (one of which had very minimal protection) this offseason)

yeah, they've had a great run and just threw out Iggy like he was trash. It'll be interesting to see what they do with Draymond, if they do indeed max him out (or near that).

Feel like they were very lucky in having Iggy/Livingston off the bench and Bogut to some degree. Don't know how you replace those role players.

They just let Quinn Cook go. Also, a lot of talk about their getting DLo to create a 27 mil salary slot and eventually move him. They gave up their best perimeter defender in Iggy. Also, like Martin said, I think they will really miss Livingston and Cook.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

7/3/2019  3:37 PM
fishmike wrote:The Knicks are going to be buyers at the deadline and this is the kind of fit that actually makes sense. GS wants to retool around Curry/Green/Klay. To do that they will need a bunch of pieces. Like the kind we just signed.

Not saying that he will be a Knick but he will sure as hell be available

In no way shape or form will GSW trade DLo for the guys the Knicks just signed in FA.

Mirror Test it. If DLo ends up on the block, the GSW can get a better return from pretty much any other of the 28 teams in the league.

The only way GSW does this is if the Knicks surrender a sure high lottery pick and those players on the Knicks form a salary match for expirings. Which would only happen if Curry or Green got hurt badly.

Green will not get a max extension.

Iggy signed his three year deal with the handshake understanding that he'd only stay if Durant stayed and the core four All Stars were locked in for another run. Myers kept his promise that if Iggy was traded, it would be to a situation to his benefit ( i.e. a buyout or a winning/contending team) Iggy is a luxury negated by the loss of Durant.

The Warriors will likely stretch the 2 million on Livingston and just sign minimum contract guys to fill out the roster. Since the market is going to completely collapse on Tier 4 FAs, there will be a decent number of guys to choose from out there.

I also don't think people get that Curry is going to carpet bomb the rest of the league this year. His range is half court. He can kill you while completely covered. He's the greatest shooter in NBA history. Now his shooting mates are injured or gone. He won't slaughter teams every game, but it's not inconceivable he just keeps firing threes at a historic pace. I think folks really underestimate the kind of floor spacing Curry gives you with his plus range, which opens up the floor for everyone else.

This team is still dangerous. Green is declining but still a legit DPOY front runner.

I don't quite get the Poole draft pick given the situation but it's wait and see there.

Given health and Bob Myers being a solid GM and mining Tier 4 FAs, this team is still a legit contender.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/3/2019  8:54 PM
martin wrote:

They can't not all of them

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
CleaverGreene
Member: #8756

7/3/2019  11:24 PM
Don't know about next year's draft...any potential generational talent available?

Could GS finish out of the playoffs? They would be an Green/Curry injury away from being pretty poor, I would think.

Could they get lucky like the Spurs did when Duncan was available to draft? Do they even have their own #1 for next year?

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
OT: Who is left on GS?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy