Member: #2274

7/2/2019  2:56 PM
Low risk moderate to high return
We don't need him to play heavy minutes behind Mitch
He will accept not starting
Another Veteran who can still contribute
We have Taj if he gets injured again
Neither Taj or Cousins would require minutes eating into Mitch's growth
We need insurance/more depth for when Mitch is banged up, injured or in foul trouble.
He is the best big available now
We can still sign Ignas B on the big club
Amir Hinton should be signed as a 2 way player, we have enough guards on the roster
We have Jenkins as a two way player for insurance. Both Jenkins and Hinton can get reps in the G League until needed
AUTOADVERT
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
7/2/2019  3:16 PM
Pretty sure the Knicks already have Allen and Wilkes as two way players.

I'd sign Boogie all day with the room exception, but I expect him to get something closer to 20mm. If he takes that kind of money, it will be for a contender. Pretty sure the front office explored giving him a lot of money on a 1 year deal and could not make it work.

This is the Randle.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

7/2/2019  3:16 PM
the case against signing Boogie:
we already signed half the NBA to play PF/C
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
7/2/2019  3:20 PM
Randle, Gibson, Portis and Robinson are our only PF/Cs. Feels like they actually need one more. Vonleh is my #1 choice there. Love that kid.
This is the Randle.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/2/2019  3:21 PM
I would, but there is obviously some major red flags somewhere..

Last off season only a hand full of teams had cap, none were contenders, so that's a little understandable. This season 23 teams had over 20 mill in cap, and FA is moving at a record pace and he isn't link to any team.

I also disagree, I think he will eat into a lot of Mitch's minutes and that's why they probably backed off...

ES
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

7/2/2019  3:40 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:Pretty sure the Knicks already have Allen and Wilkes as two way players.

I'd sign Boogie all day with the room exception, but I expect him to get something closer to 20mm. If he takes that kind of money, it will be for a contender. Pretty sure the front office explored giving him a lot of money on a 1 year deal and could not make it work.

Weird, Wilkes isn’t on the SL roster. Is he injured? There aren’t many teams with cap space left. The only 2 I can think of are the 2 LA clubs

fwk00
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6048

7/2/2019  3:42 PM
Rookie wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:Pretty sure the Knicks already have Allen and Wilkes as two way players.

Weird, Wilkes isn’t on the SL roster. Is he injured? There aren’t many teams with cap space left. The only 2 I can think of are the 2 LA clubs

He's on medical leave

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/2/2019  3:43 PM
Rookie wrote:

The beat guys said he is sick but it isn’t serious. One tweet said he will still sign with the Knicks.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/2/2019  3:56 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:Randle, Gibson, Portis and Robinson are our only PF/Cs. Feels like they actually need one more. Vonleh is my #1 choice there. Love that kid.

Wouldnt mind Kornett back on a min. deal, but I suspect that Lance is coming back. But I think we're good for now and expect a lot of small ball. I can Knox playing some PF in spot minutes as well. Maybe even Bullock.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
Member: #582
7/2/2019  4:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/2/2019  4:26 PM
“There is no market for him,” ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski said late Monday night on Scott Van Pelt’s ESPN show. “He hoped some big-market teams would strike out, would have cap space and he’d get a ($12-20 million) deal. That’s not happening. I don’t even know if there is a mid-level exception, which he got from Golden State last year, I don’t think that’s there for him.”

Cousins settled for that one-year, $5.3 million contract last offseason as he recovered from a ruptured Achilles tendon. The center returned to the court in January, but then suffered a quad injury in Golden State’s second playoff game.

Cousins, 28, returned for the NBA Finals and had mixed results as he was forced into more minutes amid Warriors injuries to Kevin Durant, Klay Thompson and Kevon Looney. He was sometimes a force on offense, but was a constant victim of the Raptors’ pick-and-roll offense.

Looney re-signed with the Warriors for a three-year, $15 million deal on Monday night, likely ending any chance Cousins would return to the Bay Area.

This guy is only 28 and was a power house 18 months ago..wtf

ES
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/2/2019  4:34 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
“There is no market for him,” ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski said late Monday night on Scott Van Pelt’s ESPN show. “He hoped some big-market teams would strike out, would have cap space and he’d get a ($12-20 million) deal. That’s not happening. I don’t even know if there is a mid-level exception, which he got from Golden State last year, I don’t think that’s there for him.”

Cousins settled for that one-year, $5.3 million contract last offseason as he recovered from a ruptured Achilles tendon. The center returned to the court in January, but then suffered a quad injury in Golden State’s second playoff game.

Cousins, 28, returned for the NBA Finals and had mixed results as he was forced into more minutes amid Warriors injuries to Kevin Durant, Klay Thompson and Kevon Looney. He was sometimes a force on offense, but was a constant victim of the Raptors’ pick-and-roll offense.

Looney re-signed with the Warriors for a three-year, $15 million deal on Monday night, likely ending any chance Cousins would return to the Bay Area.

That Achilles ain't no joke....
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/2/2019  6:43 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

makes you wonder if Durant will be a shade of what he was.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
7/2/2019  6:48 PM
Still not recovered from his achilles, locker room drama guy - not a good fit for what we're trying to do here (develop young guys and steadily improve). He should go to a team like the Spurs or stay with the Warriors
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/2/2019  6:50 PM
If we are looking for another C, I’d rather get Kornet back.

Mitch needs time and Portis will get his minutes too so Cousins would be a distraction in many ways.

Knicks_Fan
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

7/2/2019  6:58 PM
Would make no sense. Would probably be no more than a filler of cap space. Nobody else seems to be looking at signing him for any money.... WAIT...PERFECT!! FITS the criteria. Sign him up!
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
7/2/2019  7:03 PM
Really surprised Dallas hasn't bit yet at this stage.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
dwiley20
Member: #5755

7/2/2019  7:16 PM
lets get him
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/2/2019  7:34 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

Seriously dude is still better than everyone we signed outside of maybe Randle

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/2/2019  7:39 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Coming back and tearing his quad probably caused teams to Pause.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/2/2019  7:41 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Coming back and tearing his quad probably caused teams to Pause.

And he probably wants a long term big contract, another reason for teams to pause.

Knicks_Fan
The case for offering DeMarcus Cousins the Room Exception roughly 4.7M

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy