[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Durant is Injured and Kyrie is crazy.
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/3/2019  9:30 AM
The Nets turned over a lot of their roster this offseason and lost some high character vets. Guys leaving, Ed Davis, Jared Dudley, RHJ, Shabazz, DLo, DeMarre Carroll, Crabbe. Their vet leadership is gone. DJ and Chandler may help but Kyrie has not been good for locker rooms. Reminds me of when the Nets got Marbury and let Sherman Douglas and Sam Cassell go.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

7/3/2019  9:38 AM
I agree -- there is no accountability -- at least when a poster writes something dumb you can go back and dig it up to mock them! But the media isn't just some dumb poster. They are to a large extent "creating the narrative" as they love to say. And they want a narrative that gets ears on and the negative I guess gets more ears or eyes or whatever. Local ESPN radio is absolutely unlistenable in their bias -- there is no balance to the lazy, hackneyed "same old loser Knicks effin Dolan blah blah blah." And of course if the Knicks signed a KD who played less than 50 games over a max contract these would be the first schmucks to drag them over the coals for doing so.

I just always remember Stephen A screaming because the Knicks chose KP over Stanley Johnson. Tell 'em again, Bozo.

foosballnick wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
misterearl wrote:Stop the madness. Despite the manufactured hype, the Knicks were never in play for any super max players.

Taking a chance on Durant’s Achilles is a crapshoot. Or have you forgotten how dramatically different Dominque Wilkins was post Achilles surgery?

Kawhi is either staying in Toronto or going home to LA.
Kamba walker is not worthy of max dollars. Period.
Kay Thompson is happy in San Francisco.

After all the press hype, the Knicks front office dealt with the hand they were dealt. Who’s left?

We will still kick Brooklyn’s ass. Why? Because Kyrie is crazy and Durant is in rehab for at least a season. There is no guarantee his toothpick legs can hold up past the age of 32, which is what age he will be when next season starts.

Our recent drafts have yielded results. Scott Perry has upgraded the roster at every position. What is the problem? That it did not match the non-stop hype?

We can go fast and furious with Payton, Barrett, Knox, Portis and Robinson.

Or we can go steady with Smith Jr, Ellington, Bullock, Randle and a center to be named later in the mix.

There WILL be a player to show who no one is talking about because that’s just the way it goes.

Predictions?
The New York Knicks will defy the jokes, the wailing and moaning and the low expectations.

Is it time for summer league yet?

Contrary to the ESPN KNicks-hate-a-thon, you are largely correct.

My minor correction is that Durant, pre-torn achilles, I think seriously entertained playing for the Knicks. Irving never did but might have had a healthy, low-risk Durant asked him to.

The ONLY other FA worth lamenting is Kawhi. He was ALWAYS a long-shot candidate even before the playoff run.

What's being painted in the MSM as a dysfunctional FAIL on the part of the Knicks is little more than bad luck and a prudent response to that bad luck. They dealt with the hand they were dealt.

But the ESPN meme - that nobody wants to ply here and the -cough- "Lebron generation" does think much of the Knicks - I think is wholesale nonsense. It's true that the Knicks overpaid for a few signings but that's not necessarily because of a reluctance to sign but because the contracts are team friendly.

Likewise, all three top lottery picks wanted to land in NY had they had their druthers.

It's not just ESPN, NBA TV and a bunch of other outlets. Media gets to say what it wants because there are never any implications. No one remembers who bashed the Knicks and praised the annointed Nyets after the big 3 trade fiasco. When the Knicks start progressing or if Durant never comes back close to form, no one will remember how the media drilled the Knicks and drooled all over the Nets.

Durant is Injured and Kyrie is crazy.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy