[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Durant is Injured and Kyrie is crazy.
Author Thread
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
7/2/2019  11:35 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/2/2019  11:39 AM
Stop the madness. Despite the manufactured hype, the Knicks were never in play for any super max players.

Taking a chance on Durant’s Achilles is a crapshoot. Or have you forgotten how dramatically different Dominque Wilkins was post Achilles surgery?

Kawhi is either staying in Toronto or going home to LA.
Kamba walker is not worthy of max dollars. Period.
Kay Thompson is happy in San Francisco.

After all the press hype, the Knicks front office dealt with the hand they were dealt. Who’s left?

We will still kick Brooklyn’s ass. Why? Because Kyrie is crazy and Durant is in rehab for at least a season. There is no guarantee his toothpick legs can hold up past the age of 32, which is what age he will be when next season starts.

Our recent drafts have yielded results. Scott Perry has upgraded the roster at every position. What is the problem? That it did not match the non-stop hype?

We can go fast and furious with Payton, Barrett, Knox, Portis and Robinson.

Or we can go steady with Smith Jr, Ellington, Bullock, Randle and a center to be named later in the mix.

There WILL be a player to show who no one is talking about because that’s just the way it goes.

Predictions?
The New York Knicks will defy the jokes, the wailing and moaning and the low expectations.

Is it time for summer league yet?

once a knick always a knick
AUTOADVERT
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/2/2019  11:43 AM
misterearl wrote:Stop the madness. Despite the manufactured hype, the Knicks were never in play for any super max players.

Taking a chance on Durant’s Achilles is a crapshoot. Or have you forgotten how dramatically different Dominque Wilkins was post Achilles surgery?

After all the press hype, the Knicks front office dealt with the hand they were dealt. Who’s left?

We will still kick Brooklyn’s ass. Why? Because Kyrie is crazy and Durant is in rehab for at least a season. There is no guarantee his toothpick legs can hold up past the age of 32, which is what age he will be when next season starts.

Our recent drafts have yielded results. Scott Perry has upgraded the roster at every position. What is the problem? That it did not match the non-stop hype?

Or we can go steady with Smith Jr, Ellington, Bullock, Randle and a center to be named later in the mix.

There WILL be a player to show who no one is talking about because that’s just the way it goes.

Predictions?
The New York Knicks will defy the jokes, the wailing and moaning and the low expectations.

Now its healthy thoughts.
Lets stop with clamoring and get back to basketball.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/2/2019  11:49 AM
It reminds me a lot of when the Nets traded for Marbury. The team they had the year before that bought into Calipari's bravado. They were up and coming and had great chemistry. Cassell had been a team leader in that locker room and had a good rapport with Cal. It was awhile ago but I think another team leader that was injured and out Williams? maybe. Anyway the lockout was that season and Cal no longer had the locker room with his team leaders gone and the addition of Marbury. Cal got fired and that team was never as good as it had been before making the move for Marbury.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
7/2/2019  11:53 AM
Only time the Knicks and Nets did any serious kind of winning is when JKidd was involved.
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/2/2019  12:51 PM
I remember when the Nets traded their unprotected firsts for Aged Pierce and KG, and the media all went ape **** and started crowning them. At the time I was confused as I thought it was a horrific, Knicks-style move. I get the same feeling with this. Nets did well last season, but they've lost a lot of their important role players/culture guys. Will Kyrie be nice or will he Marbury that franchise? Not convinced about KD returning to good enough form either.

Don't get me wrong- if KD hadn't got injured and Kyrie hadn't been such an ******* this season, I would have been devastated about them signing with the Nets. But hand on my heart, I was not excited about signing these two by the time free agency came about.

Nets can enjoy all their slavish press, but I do hope it backfires again. Can't wait to play and beat them.

fwk00
Member: #6048

7/2/2019  3:45 PM
smackeddog wrote:I remember when the Nets traded their unprotected firsts for Aged Pierce and KG, and the media all went ape **** and started crowning them. At the time I was confused as I thought it was a horrific, Knicks-style move. I get the same feeling with this. Nets did well last season, but they've lost a lot of their important role players/culture guys. Will Kyrie be nice or will he Marbury that franchise? Not convinced about KD returning to good enough form either.

Don't get me wrong- if KD hadn't got injured and Kyrie hadn't been such an ******* this season, I would have been devastated about them signing with the Nets. But hand on my heart, I was not excited about signing these two by the time free agency came about.

Nets can enjoy all their slavish press, but I do hope it backfires again. Can't wait to play and beat them.

*THIS*++

knicks1248
Member: #582
7/2/2019  4:31 PM
Vmart wrote:Only time the Knicks and Nets did any serious kind of winning is when JKidd was involved.

his leadership was priceless..

We have been voided of that kind of leadership...Ewing, Oak, Kidd, LJ..Those dudes were never afraid to get in their teammates face when they were slipping

ES
fwk00
Member: #6048

7/2/2019  4:37 PM
misterearl wrote:Stop the madness. Despite the manufactured hype, the Knicks were never in play for any super max players.

Predictions?

Contrary to the ESPN KNicks-hate-a-thon, you are largely correct.

My minor correction is that Durant, pre-torn achilles, I think seriously entertained playing for the Knicks. Irving never did but might have had a healthy, low-risk Durant asked him to.

The ONLY other FA worth lamenting is Kawhi. He was ALWAYS a long-shot candidate even before the playoff run.

What's being painted in the MSM as a dysfunctional FAIL on the part of the Knicks is little more than bad luck and a prudent response to that bad luck. They dealt with the hand they were dealt.

But the ESPN meme - that nobody wants to ply here and the -cough- "Lebron generation" does think much of the Knicks - I think is wholesale nonsense. It's true that the Knicks overpaid for a few signings but that's not necessarily because of a reluctance to sign but because the contracts are team friendly.

Likewise, all three top lottery picks wanted to land in NY had they had their druthers.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

7/2/2019  5:06 PM
Once Durant got that type of injury I no longer wanted him no matter how great he is. The odds of coming back the same after the Achilles injury is not too good. I honestly never wanted Kyrie I wanted Kemba
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/2/2019  5:36 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:Once Durant got that type of injury I no longer wanted him no matter how great he is. The odds of coming back the same after the Achilles injury is not too good. I honestly never wanted Kyrie I wanted Kemba

I was never a kyrie fan and I too wanted kemba. I know it’s debatable if he’s a max guy because he’s not a top 10 player but I thought him returning to nyc could help the Knicks gain a level of stability and provide a number 1 option for a good but not great team. I figured maybe if you sign him than a 2nd max guy wants to come later. But the Knicks are being picky and that’s their right. Hoping these vets we bring in can vastly improve this team and Randle can develop into an All-Star caliber big man. We can only hope.

misterearl
USA
7/2/2019  6:17 PM
“Did you say Yutes?”

“We’re not paying attention to the noise. We're gonna continue to be opportunistic and build this the right way. This summer will allow us to shape the team in the image that we want, be able to bring in some guys to field a more competitive team for next season.”
-Scott Perry, General Manager NYK

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/2/2019  6:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/2/2019  6:58 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:Only time the Knicks and Nets did any serious kind of winning is when JKidd was involved.

We have been voided of that kind of leadership...Ewing, Oak, Kidd, LJ..Those dudes were never afraid to get in their teammates face when they were slipping

Did JKidd's leadership override his half a season of making Pablo Prigioni look like Steph Curry? GMAFB already with this revisionist history. Krazy Eyes, 1/3 of season of Rashweed and Tyson and JR playing out of their minds were the only useful spare parts of that 54 win season.

Getting in teammates faces when you can't make a layup or guard a stump. Check.

Next up, How Camby's vet savvy saved that season while on the IR.

KNICKSBIGCATS
Member: #3745

7/2/2019  7:00 PM
I think that the biggest challenge for Fizdale is deciding how to use his depth.
It's nice to be 10 deep; I can't remember a Knicks squad with so much talent
in their first 10 players.
I am a big fan of Bobby Portis and loved the Randle signing.
I envision minutes of PT at PG split down the middle between Payton and DSJ.
If I were to guess the opening day starters, they would be:
Payton PG
RJB SG
Portis C
Knox SF
Randle PF

Mitch and DSJ big minutes off the bench.

"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." -Michael Jordan
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

7/2/2019  7:02 PM
jrodmc wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Did JKidd's leadership override his half a season of making Pablo Prigioni look like Steph Curry? GMAFB already with this revisionist history. Krazy Eyes, 1/3 of season of Rashweed and Tyson and JR playing out of their minds were the only useful spare parts of that 54 win season.

Getting in teammates faces when you can't make a layup or guard a stump. Check.

Next up, How Camby's vet savvy saved that season while on the IR.

Are you saying Pablo actually looks like Steph? Thought Pablo was taller. LMAO

I think JKidd was more valuable than Melo's MVP run. I mean just ask Dirk Nowitski. He totally helped change Jkidds 3pt. shot that year.

What up Jrod. How bout them GMen?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
MX25
Member: #555
USA
7/2/2019  10:26 PM
How about....Nets did well...Knicks did well...lets hope everyone stays healthy and we get some competitive teams next couple seasons so we can enjoy and let the rivalry grow.....ok??
blkexec
Member: #748
7/2/2019  10:32 PM
MX25 wrote:How about....Nets did well...Knicks did well...lets hope everyone stays healthy and we get some competitive teams next couple seasons so we can enjoy and let the rivalry grow.....ok??

Love it....NY stand up. Both teams got better. Nets are flashy....Knicks are blue collar.

While looking at clips of Portis, taking it hard to the rim on multiple people...I found a clip where Randle blocks Portis who tried to dunk on him....Then Randle finish on the other end with an And 1.

These dudes will play hard, run hard...It's going to be fun to watch. And if the season goes well, we look like a prime team for a superstar....similar to Toronto without Kawhi.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
misterearl
USA
7/2/2019  10:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/2/2019  10:51 PM
The Blue Collar Knicks

"I never heard Kevin speak about Jim Dolan. Kevin loves to focus on basketball. He’s a basketball savant. What’s the best place for me to hoop?
-Jay Williams/ ESPN [Friend of Kevin Durant]:

In the first 20 hours of free agency, the Knicks signed six players - one known starter in power forward Julius Randle. The other signings - all one-and-one team option deals - were Elfrid Payton, Bobby Portis, Reggie Bullock, Taj Gibson and Wayne Ellington.

“There’s a workmanlike mentality they all have,’’ Williams said.

“Coach [David Fizdale] likes that. It’s his style. So they will pay you for one year, though the money seems absurd, but it’s a team option if they want to continue that. Which I think is brilliant on their part. Let me rent for a year and see what that free agency looks like. You want Kevin Knox, RJ Barrett, Dennis Smith around guys like that who bring that mentality every day.’’

blkexec wrote:
MX25 wrote:How about....Nets did well...Knicks did well...lets hope everyone stays healthy and we get some competitive teams next couple seasons so we can enjoy and let the rivalry grow.....ok??

Love it....NY stand up. Both teams got better. Nets are flashy....Knicks are blue collar.

While looking at clips of Portis, taking it hard to the rim on multiple people...I found a clip where Randle blocks Portis who tried to dunk on him....Then Randle finish on the other end with an And 1.

These dudes will play hard, run hard...It's going to be fun to watch. And if the season goes well, we look like a prime team for a superstar....similar to Toronto without Kawhi.

MX25
Member: #555
USA
7/3/2019  2:34 AM
blkexec wrote:

Portis is a beast...he just has a problem staying healthy. Every time he got on a roll he would get an injury and it would derail him for a month. He'd then spend 2 weeks getting back into game flow and boom...repeat...

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/3/2019  8:01 AM
https://nypost.com/2019/07/02/kevin-durant-picking-nets-over-knicks-wasnt-so-easy/

Nets went all in when they traded for Pierce and Garnett. It was as ballsy as it was insane.
The posted article above is make me feel a bit better.

The media notion that Dolan is a problem for players is one I don’t understand. His flaws are many but in the current form is this really an issue? Dallas is not a hotbed of FA attraction. Notice they don’t succeed frequently at attracting big names? Is that on Cuban?
Lakers and Miami seem to be very attractive. Historically good ownership and good weather. JImmy Butler all about winning? Maybe, but now its money and the beach.
Bulls not exactly a hotbed either. They too practice in the suburbs and the weather sucks.
In a way Kyrie and Durant picking NY has a small victory. They did pick NY! As the article states Kyrie was hell bent on Nets for what ever reason kyrie bends for and Durant wanted to play with his friend. I know we all wanted that win, but at the same time we’d be very weary if Durant did sign with us as it would have been a bit desperate given the guy can’t walk. Kyrie is fun to watch but has baggage and Kawhi is “special” and a bit of a diva. The talent might justify but in two years?
Lebron has held his franchises hostage over the years but the man brought it and delivered his part. Kawhi is a tough read. I see the talent in hindsight but I can see a very dramatic future if he was a knick.

foosballnick
Member: #3148

7/3/2019  9:16 AM
fwk00 wrote:

Predictions?

Contrary to the ESPN KNicks-hate-a-thon, you are largely correct.

My minor correction is that Durant, pre-torn achilles, I think seriously entertained playing for the Knicks. Irving never did but might have had a healthy, low-risk Durant asked him to.

The ONLY other FA worth lamenting is Kawhi. He was ALWAYS a long-shot candidate even before the playoff run.

What's being painted in the MSM as a dysfunctional FAIL on the part of the Knicks is little more than bad luck and a prudent response to that bad luck. They dealt with the hand they were dealt.

But the ESPN meme - that nobody wants to ply here and the -cough- "Lebron generation" does think much of the Knicks - I think is wholesale nonsense. It's true that the Knicks overpaid for a few signings but that's not necessarily because of a reluctance to sign but because the contracts are team friendly.

Likewise, all three top lottery picks wanted to land in NY had they had their druthers.

It's not just ESPN, NBA TV and a bunch of other outlets. Media gets to say what it wants because there are never any implications. No one remembers who bashed the Knicks and praised the annointed Nyets after the big 3 trade fiasco. When the Knicks start progressing or if Durant never comes back close to form, no one will remember how the media drilled the Knicks and drooled all over the Nets.

Durant is Injured and Kyrie is crazy.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy