Tariq Wahad 6-6 235

projected finish western conference finals 60-22
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
9/27/2004  9:11 AM
this team, on paper, can get to the finals but is COMPLETELY depends on dampier. i don't think the mavs will miss too much with terry instead of nash that's why it'll come down to defense and whether dampier was just a contract year player.
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
9/27/2004  9:46 AM
this team is just plain bad and will implode down the road.

they lost their creativity (nash) and soul (ereira).

clavin booth is a stiff, dampier has the money now so chances are he'll revert to his old habits, stack is a cancer even in the starting 5, terry is no PG...

this team went from a great and fun team to a patchwork of unwanted overrated overpaid players in 2 years.

thinking cuban had the midas touch for a while, seems that after all the wheel always turn one day.

going to the finals ? heck, I don't even see them getting to the WCF. Do you think that team can beat minesotta ? san antonio ? I'd even put my money on the kings and maybe even denver.

finals is a dream and this team is definitly not part of it.

[Edited by - raven on 09/27/2004 09:48:58]
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/27/2004  1:10 PM

Stack is not gonna stay quiet if he's not starting.....even if they are winning.

Josh Howard is too good to be beind Stack, Daniels and Finley.

Dirk is gonna be even more out on the perimeter now that Damp is there.

I never liked the way Dallas plays. They are just a team full of shooters and perimeter players. They'll have the same mentality as they did last year....live and die by the three and run when you get the chance.

The Knicks could play with them....The Knicks actually are very similiar. The only real disadvantage is Dirk, but with Sweetney and JYD on the team maybe it won't be too bad.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
9/27/2004  1:42 PM
you guys are nuts... this is the deepest and most talented team in the NBA. Before Stackhouse got hurt en route to Wizardland he went out of his way to score less, play more D and get more guys involved. Even if Dampier is average your getting good shotblocking out of your centers and your loaded w/ long skilled athletic players.

All this around Dirk who is a top 5 player, Devin Harris who's a top 5 prospect and most of these key guys are signed long term... no me first agendas.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/27/2004  2:48 PM
I hope Cube puts some games on his HDTV! Hi def Dirk!

I like this team, I like the run and gun ABA ball. Its entertainment and better than walk the ball up to a half court offense.

Problem is you ain't gonna win a ring this way!

Letting Nash go also is a sign that Daniels is ready to break out, as might be Josh Howard. Devin Harris has a ton of upside, and Terry can play point until he is ready. Finley should have his minutes limited also to stay healthy and give some to Stack. They both can use the recuced minutes.

The Mavs are an interesting franchise. For a while I did not quite understand the Cube way of doing things, but the guy is cool in my book and while his moves don't always work, the guys got guts to go out and try. Unlike many a GM, he is unafraid to fail!

[Edited by - nalod on 09/27/2004 14:53:31]
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
9/27/2004  2:58 PM
Posted by fishmike:

you guys are nuts... this is the deepest and most talented team in the NBA. Before Stackhouse got hurt en route to Wizardland he went out of his way to score less, play more D and get more guys involved. Even if Dampier is average your getting good shotblocking out of your centers and your loaded w/ long skilled athletic players.

All this around Dirk who is a top 5 player, Devin Harris who's a top 5 prospect and most of these key guys are signed long term... no me first agendas.
I think it's the deepest team and Dampier was the missing piece they needed. On another forum I predicted that if players stay reasonably healthy, this team would have the best odds of winning the championship in my view. I think they're better than the 60 win team they were 2 years ago.
raven
Canada
9/28/2004  3:51 AM
I'm sorry guys. I don't believe in names where they're stacked with no purpose.
This team as no cohesive identity and will not win anything.

If they win it all this year with the team they currently have (winning fair and square, not because of season ending injuries to every other team stars in the league), I'll change my name from raven to cuban_is_god.

- Stack is a cancer.
- Finley is decreasing fast.
- they have absolutely no d.
- terry is an undersized SG masquarading at PG
- I don't have a pound of faith in dampier, which is also why I'm glad we didn't sign him for such a contract.

Their future is bright (howard, harris, dirk...), but they have to clean that mess up first.

the spurs would go through them like a hot knife in butter.

Best season record ? yes, can be. But does that guarantee anything ?
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
9/28/2004  5:07 PM
They are a good team, but they aren't as good as people here are making them out to seem, IMO.

And as far as the deepest team in the NBA, I still think it has to be Memphis, hands down. (Hopefully this season will show that NY is close to them in depth).
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
9/28/2004  5:37 PM
this is a good good frikin basketball team BUT it lacks quality tough nosed depth at the 4-5

I suggest a PJ Brown for Stackhouse trade for both teams. same salaries NO lost mashburn and need his points and sallas needs another quality big. But make no mistake with josh howard marquis daniels devin harris and jason terry they have the best all around backcourt in the nBA and they are all very athletic and young

putting dirk back to 4 puts him into a position where he can go back to being a top 3-5 player and dampier is an enormous piece in the paint--they have alan hendersen but he is injury prone-- a stackhouse for brown would help both teams IMHO.
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
9/28/2004  6:45 PM
Dirk already is back at the four. Dampier will be their five. I do like your trade proposal, though. If Stackhouse is healthy, that trade could benefit both teams.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 09/28/2004 18:46:07]
simrud
Member: #474
USA
9/29/2004  12:26 AM
I thinkt they got worse, Nash is a huge loss. Think about thow was the guy taking all the big shots, leading the team, and stepping up the most when it mattered. It was Nash for the most part. Now they replaced him with Terry, who is a combo guard, not a PG.

They will also rely on Daniels and Howard, two 2nd year players to step up bigtime based on what they saw from them in one season. I for once don't assume that Howard and Daniels are going to be good just yet. They were both in a great system that made them look very good in there limited roles. Kinda like Anderson and Eisly in Utha. I'll wait and see what happens when they have to be the system.

Harris is a rook, how many PG's come into the league and have an impact right away, PG is prolly the hardest position to learn in the NBA.

Dampier and Booth are both known to be very very lazy. Now they are in a system where they arent really held acountable for much. Is that gonna push them to work hard?

Stack and Finley are coming of tough season healthwise, both are aging, we don't really know how good either one of them will be.

The Mavs are still light years ahead of lets say the Knicks, but they are not even gettin homecourt in the West, let alone winning a title.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
raven
Canada
9/29/2004  3:46 AM
I totally agree with u, sim.

people seem to underrate the impact nash had on this team. Dirk and co will have to create their shots alone 82 games a year now.

Those who were good for limited time will now be scouted more efficiently, thus limiting their impact on the game, it's how it works.

THe wild card only works once.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
9/29/2004  7:50 AM
Only Nelson could have a team with 5 7-footers and be hurting at the 4 and 5.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
9/29/2004  9:59 AM
The Mavericks have the potential to be a really good team and possibly even win the West, but there is no way they are winning the NBA championship. I don't think you guys realize that this team lost both Walker AND Nash. Nash, like others said, was perhaps the biggest impact player on that team. He easily created for other players, and made life for Dirk and Finley very easy with his penetration and kick game. Terry is nowhere near the player Nash is, and is probably more of a scorer who happens to get some assists, like Jamal Crawford. Plus, Walker was an important part of that team, with his penetration game, b/c he opened up the floor AND made the D' collapse on him.

Again, the Mavs have a load of talent, but I don't know if it's going to blend well. They might have great players, and they may still be the Mavs, but it's kinda like taking out one of the Hs in the H2O. It just might not work.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Dallas Mavericks projected line up

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy