[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Current Roster/Rotation
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
7/1/2019  9:28 PM
MS wrote:They couldn’t have matched once they signed Durant they renounced his rights. He got $31MM a year which we could have given him.

Just doesn’t appear anyone has any interest in being a Knick so need to go outside the box. He would have brought some life with Randle.

They just S&T DLO meaning they still held his rights.

We couldn't give him 31mil. He got 31mil because the Nets can offer him more money than anyone else. There is a reason he didn't sign any offer sheets and agreed to be sign and traded to GSW who already has Steph Curry.

Knicks would have to convince him to take less money. Then even with that Nets could just sit on KDs verbal agreement. Match what ever was offered and then work out a trade.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
7/1/2019  10:02 PM
Betting on the knicks making the playoffs feels like a nice vegas bet. If I knew how, I would jump on those odds before vegas see us blow somebody out the first few games, and the odds quickly drop.
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
Member: #748
7/1/2019  10:05 PM
Knixkik wrote:C Robinson/Gibson
PF Randle/Portis
SF Knox/Bullock/Brazdeikis
SG Barrett/Ellington/Trier/Dotson
PG Smith/Payton/Ntilikina/Allen

Is this what the lineup looks like? Or does Bullock replace Knox for shooting? Maybe Payton over Smith?

I'm guessing Ntilikina is traded and Allen is guaranteed as 3rd PG. Likely one more spot remaining. Are Lance or Kornet brought back? Seems like we have a full roster with exception of a 3rd string PF/C. Also, looking like Trier and Dotson may be on the outside looking in for a bit. I see Bullock and Ellington getting their minutes. 10 man rotation looks set.

If Fitz job is on the line, he will play the best lineup that wins. Right now Trier and Dotson are great backup young guards. Bullock and Ellington are great backup vets. Whoever wins in training camp will start.

This entire team is built on a platform of solid players, waiting for a superstar or two.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

7/2/2019  1:22 AM
My guess
Portis, Mitch, Sumer league shot blocker
Randle, Taj, Iggy
Knox,bullock,Ellington
Barrett,zo,dot
Payton,DSJR,Frank

If Barrett comes out with a bang this team is playoff bound

TripleThreat
Member: #3997

7/2/2019  2:33 AM
Knixkik wrote:C Robinson/Gibson
PF Randle/Portis
SF Knox/Bullock/Brazdeikis
SG Barrett/Ellington/Trier/Dotson
PG Smith/Payton/Ntilikina/Allen

Is this what the lineup looks like? Or does Bullock replace Knox for shooting? Maybe Payton over Smith?

I'm guessing Ntilikina is traded and Allen is guaranteed as 3rd PG. Likely one more spot remaining. Are Lance or Kornet brought back? Seems like we have a full roster with exception of a 3rd string PF/C. Also, looking like Trier and Dotson may be on the outside looking in for a bit. I see Bullock and Ellington getting their minutes. 10 man rotation looks set.

Knicks will want to try to trade Randle, Portis, Gibson, Bullock, Ellington and Payton at the deadline if possible. Randle they'd be open to keeping if he works out. Thus you will see these guys given first chance to start.

Barrett and Knox might start over time, but its easier to start the veteran, than run into a situation where the rookie starts, needs to be benched, hurts his confidence, then start him again later based on injuries/attrition.

I have a hard time seeing Smith start over Payton.

Gibson is in a David West role now. He's there to regulate the locker room. So I don't see him starting.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/2/2019  5:31 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
MS wrote:I think in this scenario, DLo actually made a lot of sense on a four year deal. There are no free agents till 2021 and everyone is being grossly overpaid.

Our biggest need was at the point. You could have really put a fun exciting team out there with Barrett and DLo and had a nice story line. I think he will prove to be better than Kyrie the next few years and handled NYC well.

DLO wanted all his money which the Nets were the only ones who could offer it. Which is why he worked out a S&T to go to the Warriors who will then look to reroute him.

I don't believe the Nets would be willing to S&T DLO to the Knicks unless we offered something substantial. Nets also would have matched what ever offer we signed him to since they had his rights. Would have then looked to work out a trade with either us or another team.

maybe the warriors will want bobby portis, reggie bullock, and taj gibson

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/2/2019  6:37 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
MS wrote:I think in this scenario, DLo actually made a lot of sense on a four year deal. There are no free agents till 2021 and everyone is being grossly overpaid.

Our biggest need was at the point. You could have really put a fun exciting team out there with Barrett and DLo and had a nice story line. I think he will prove to be better than Kyrie the next few years and handled NYC well.

DLO wanted all his money which the Nets were the only ones who could offer it. Which is why he worked out a S&T to go to the Warriors who will then look to reroute him.

I don't believe the Nets would be willing to S&T DLO to the Knicks unless we offered something substantial. Nets also would have matched what ever offer we signed him to since they had his rights. Would have then looked to work out a trade with either us or another team.

I thought about that too. Not sure about the combo but Warriors path better to do what they did.
To go from 17 wins to 40 with 3 yoot playing big roles would be massive.

newyorknewyork
7/2/2019  7:36 AM
Nalod wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

I thought about that too. Not sure about the combo but Warriors path better to do what they did.

Hmm interesting. You guys saying you think guys like Payton, Portis, Bullock, Ellington were signed to be moved to GSW in a deal for DLO?.

GSW doesn't have much on their roster right now behind Steph and Draymond. I can see the fit with all those guys over there. When would these guys be able to be moved?

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/2/2019  8:49 AM
The biggest upside lineup and rotation would be as follows:

PG: Smith Jr.
SG: Barrett
SF: Knox
PF: Randle
C: Robinson

Rotation 9-10 deep to win:

PG/SG/SF: Ntilikina
PF/C: Portis
SG/SF: Bullock
SG: Trier
SG/SF: Dotson

Break in case of emergency:

SF/PF: Brazdeikis
PF: Gibson

Inactive:
SG: Ellington
PG: Payton

To me, this would be out best case scenario for the following reasons:

Smith Jr. has to prove he can be a distributor. Barrett has to beat a lot of talented guards. Knox has to show he has improved. Mitch has to prove he can stay off foul trouble. Then on the bench, Frank has to show consistency and hunger. Trier has to show improvement on team plays and Dotson has to remain consistent. Iggy could be a wild card if his attitude is backed up by his play. Gibson could see more action than expected.

Smith Jr., Frank and Knox hold the biggest cards on our season. Barrett can be great or struggle in his first year, but things can't rely on his shoulders when three talented players with NBA experience can round up to form and be the players they have the potential to be.

Knicks_Fan
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/2/2019  9:10 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Hmm interesting. You guys saying you think guys like Payton, Portis, Bullock, Ellington were signed to be moved to GSW in a deal for DLO?.

GSW doesn't have much on their roster right now behind Steph and Draymond. I can see the fit with all those guys over there. When would these guys be able to be moved?

I thought there was a small window, like 10 days after signing, then December. I’m not sure about the small window. Given GSW lopsided roster its an interesting concept.

newyorknewyork
7/2/2019  10:47 AM
Nalod wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

I thought there was a small window, like 10 days after signing, then December. I’m not sure about the small window. Given GSW lopsided roster its an interesting concept.

I think it would makes a lot of sense of the moves just made. From DLOs side would he really be cool allowing GSW to control his fate and trade him anywhere? If it was already predetermined that GSW would trade him to the Knicks though then he would get all his money as well as choose his destination. DLO had to agree to the plan in order for any of it to work. From GSW side this is the avenue to add players while not having the cap to do so. All teams most likely came to an agreement how it was gonna move. Knicks signed FA pieces for GSW and GSW delivers DLO to the Knicks.

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/2/2019  1:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/2/2019  1:42 PM
fishmike wrote:
PresIke wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Looks like a team that might sneak into the playoffs. Playoff experience for the younger players would be great. If we get some big FAs down the road, that playoff experience will make it easier for the team to gel sooner.

I like the depth at PG/SG could see some good competition for minutes.

Playoffs????

Really?

A lot of things have to go right for that to happen.

This is easily a 30 win team in many ways.

It could happen, but no way would I bet any kind of decent money on such an idea if I were a betting man.

yea.. likely 32-50. The x-factors that would elevate us to the playoffs are not impossible but also not likely. But here is my "holy ****, everything went right and the Knicks made the playoffs at 42-40:

(just for fun starting line up with color)
PG: Payton (we get stable PG play, good defense 28mpg 10ppg, 7assist, 5rebs, 1.5 TO)
SG: Dotson (strong defense and great shooting wins this job 14ppg, 5rebs, 38% from 3)
SF: Reggie Bullock
PF: Randle (featured scorer, 22ppg, 55% FGs 35% from 3)
C: Mitch (28mpg, 8ppg, 12rebs, 2.5 blocks)
Bench mob: DSjr, RJ, Knox, Portis

Something where our starters play good defense like the Nets did this year (our SL is basically 4 defensive guys + Randle) and our bench runs up and down the court pushing the ball and the tempo and since the bench/starters are not much different coach basically rides the hot hands each night.

Thats the best *type* of scenario and not wildly far fetched.

More likely:
Nobody establishes themself as a standout at PG so our offensive really struggles and everything is tough from there.

We will see. I like the moves. I like Randle a lot. I like that Fiz has to coach now. I like the Piston fans are bummed we took a lot of their blue collar guys who really helped. I like that we can see all our players in real NBA games vs. the summer league we ran last year.

Remember Dotson has had shoulder surgery so it's unlikely he'll be able to put much shooting work in over the offseason- I expect him to take a big chunk of the season to get going, so I'm not starting him. I agree at getting Knox out of the starting lineup though.

I think RJ needs to start- he should play well with Randle (as he did with Zion), he is a key part of our future. Problem is him along with Payton and Mitch and Randle gives you no 3pt shooting.

Hmm... this is harder than I thought- that's the problem with this offseason's moves, I like them individually, but I don't see how it all fits together.

I do like all the 3pt shooting we've added though

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
7/2/2019  2:02 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
MS wrote:They couldnt have matched once they signed Durant they renounced his rights. He got $31MM a year which we could have given him.

Just doesnt appear anyone has any interest in being a Knick so need to go outside the box. He would have brought some life with Randle.

They just ST DLO meaning they still held his rights.

We couldn't give him 31mil. He got 31mil because the Nets can offer him more money than anyone else. There is a reason he didn't sign any offer sheets and agreed to be sign and traded to GSW who already has Steph Curry.

Knicks would have to convince him to take less money. Then even with that Nets could just sit on KDs verbal agreement. Match what ever was offered and then work out a trade.

Can someone explain to me in what universe DLo is worth THIRTY ONE MILLION DOLLARS per year?

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/2/2019  2:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/2/2019  2:35 PM
Panos wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
MS wrote:They couldnt have matched once they signed Durant they renounced his rights. He got $31MM a year which we could have given him.

Just doesnt appear anyone has any interest in being a Knick so need to go outside the box. He would have brought some life with Randle.

Can someone explain to me in what universe DLo is worth THIRTY ONE MILLION DOLLARS per year?

One in which a desperate team loses one of the top 2 players in the league and a top 5 shooting guard and are scared as heck, especially with a new arena on the horizon.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/2/2019  2:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/2/2019  2:39 PM
The 10 man rotation to start the season is set. C Robinson/Gibson PF Randle/Portis SF Knox/Bullock SG Barrett/Ellington PG Smith/Payton. It’s just a matter of who starts. Barrett and Randle are probably the only locks. Trier and Dotson are on the outside looking in until injury or trade. Frank likely gets moved.
newyorknewyork
7/2/2019  4:27 PM
Panos wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

I guess the same universe that Tobias Harris is making 31-41. But DLO isn't making 31mil. He would make that in the last year of his deal. He is making 27.2mil to be accurate.

newyorknewyork
7/2/2019  4:37 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Panos wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

One in which a desperate team loses one of the top 2 players in the league and a top 5 shooting guard and are scared as heck, especially with a new arena on the horizon.

For the Knicks situation I think he fits even at that salary. He is 22 years old and made the all star team. He will be 25-26 by the end of that contract. Knicks need guranteed production like that to take a step forward. DLO-Barrett-Randle with guys like Robinson, Knox, Trier, Frank, Dotson, who can grow together over the years and get the Knicks out of looking like a dumpster fire. Then from there Knicks can look to take the progressive step after that into contention.

Sambakick
Member: #5646

7/2/2019  6:09 PM
NYKBocker wrote:We winning 50+ games this coming season. Yup. I said it.

Pass that fire over here man. I could use it.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/2/2019  6:15 PM
Sambakick wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:We winning 50+ games this coming season. Yup. I said it.

Pass that fire over here man. I could use it.

I’ll take a double of what he’s having

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

7/2/2019  9:58 PM
fishmike wrote:
PresIke wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Looks like a team that might sneak into the playoffs. Playoff experience for the younger players would be great. If we get some big FAs down the road, that playoff experience will make it easier for the team to gel sooner.

I like the depth at PG/SG could see some good competition for minutes.

Playoffs????

Really?

A lot of things have to go right for that to happen.

This is easily a 30 win team in many ways.

It could happen, but no way would I bet any kind of decent money on such an idea if I were a betting man.

yea.. likely 32-50. The x-factors that would elevate us to the playoffs are not impossible but also not likely. But here is my "holy ****, everything went right and the Knicks made the playoffs at 42-40:

(just for fun starting line up with color)
PG: Payton (we get stable PG play, good defense 28mpg 10ppg, 7assist, 5rebs, 1.5 TO)
SG: Dotson (strong defense and great shooting wins this job 14ppg, 5rebs, 38% from 3)
SF: Reggie Bullock
PF: Randle (featured scorer, 22ppg, 55% FGs 35% from 3)
C: Mitch (28mpg, 8ppg, 12rebs, 2.5 blocks)
Bench mob: DSjr, RJ, Knox, Portis

Something where our starters play good defense like the Nets did this year (our SL is basically 4 defensive guys + Randle) and our bench runs up and down the court pushing the ball and the tempo and since the bench/starters are not much different coach basically rides the hot hands each night.

Thats the best *type* of scenario and not wildly far fetched.

More likely:
Nobody establishes themself as a standout at PG so our offensive really struggles and everything is tough from there.

We will see. I like the moves. I like Randle a lot. I like that Fiz has to coach now. I like the Piston fans are bummed we took a lot of their blue collar guys who really helped. I like that we can see all our players in real NBA games vs. the summer league we ran last year.

Star power to be perhaps RJ? 1 day

Let me remind people this is NBA and this is about carving your niche & earning respect in tough NBA
from teams and officials.

NYK may have good youth talent as especially led by RJ, Knox and Randle.
However UNTIL it is proven there ARE no STARS much less superstars yet on this team.
I Think Identity for team = YOUTH

But until you got Identity (something you own & Win games with) and you got bonafide Star / to be superstar
Knicks won't get calls but will get LOSSES

Don't get me wrong I like youth is only thang I like other than RJ and coach
But don't get ahead of ourselves Knicks got way to go for 41-41 Or any playoff talks without a star.

Yes B.Russell made Allstar team on NETs with talent Or no star but lots of GOODs.
Knicks need to get there 1 day.

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
Current Roster/Rotation

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy