Shaq down 26 lbs, seeks $90 mil extension
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/29/2004  12:03 AM
Posted by TMS:

the fat bastard was making $30 mil a year for the past couple seasons & it takes the fact that he got traded & his ego damaged to motivate him to get into shape? gimme a break.

Shaq is a simple meglamaniac! You about pegged his thinking good.

AUTOADVERT
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
9/29/2004  3:39 AM
If i were miami, I would give him 30 millions a yr. But one yr at a time, to keep him motivated and be able to adjust the contract to his value if he happens to loose his motivation or if he gets injured.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
9/29/2004  7:55 AM
Posted by raven:

If i were miami, I would give him 30 millions a yr. But one yr at a time, to keep him motivated and be able to adjust the contract to his value if he happens to loose his motivation or if he gets injured.

Yup. I agree. If Jordan could live with that condition why shouldn't Shaq? And if he walks, see you later. Miami will have still gotten a big year out of him and all it cost was Odom who will never be worth as much as he was this off-season.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
9/29/2004  8:32 AM
Posted by raven:

Why would he take that when he could find another team that would give him something like 4 years, $60 mil? At the age he'll be when his contract expires, he'd probably rather have the extra $30 mil in guaranteed money.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
9/29/2004  8:56 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by raven:

Why would he take that when he could find another team that would give him something like 4 years, $60 mil? At the age he'll be when his contract expires, he'd probably rather have the extra $30 mil in guaranteed money.

Maybe but i don't think so. You think he'd accept making that much less per year than Kobe? You look at money that players are getting in this league and there's no way Shaq should be accepting 15/year even if it's for 4 years. There are no other 7-foot 300-lber's that do what he does. And have 3 rings on their fingers. Duncan's the only guy I think you can even metion in the same breaeth. Yao is light years away. Garnett's not that kind of a player.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/29/2004  9:49 AM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by raven:

Maybe but i don't think so. You think he'd accept making that much less per year than Kobe? You look at money that players are getting in this league and there's no way Shaq should be accepting 15/year even if it's for 4 years. There are no other 7-foot 300-lber's that do what he does. And have 3 rings on their fingers. Duncan's the only guy I think you can even metion in the same breaeth. Yao is light years away. Garnett's not that kind of a player.

Shaq is not looking for that, he wants 30mil a year. No team will do that. At 15mil a year, yeah yourright. Those rings are his. JOrdan has 6, he can't carry a team at his age. Wilts got a 2 rings, but he is dead. Shaq is smart to ask, but he is asking for 30 mil. I don't think this is about money. His ego will let him get a year to year big money contract. Remember, he gets bored and likes to say he might not play that much longer. He said he was to retire when this deal expired.

He wants to be like elvis, be a cop!
Shaq down 26 lbs, seeks $90 mil extension

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy