Member: #2
USA
7/1/2019  2:06 PM

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/1/2019  2:07 PM
I like this signing. Smith jr. and Payton can compete for the starting job, long term deal.
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

7/1/2019  2:11 PM
GustavBahler wrote:I like this signing. Smith jr. and Payton can compete for the starting job, long term deal.

Agreed. Good signing.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

7/1/2019  2:13 PM
Good signing. Obviously Frank seems be the odd many out and maybe Dotson too. I like both kids but if we get something good for both I will be ok with it
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
7/1/2019  2:17 PM
OMFG! The Knicks may have gotten my fantasy stud Payton!

Rejoice. As I stated many, many times, I felt he was who we should have targeted when we went after Mudiay. Yes, his shot is officially broken, but like Rondo, he doesn't take whole lot of 3s so he maintains a solid enough FG%. He doesn't help space the floor. But he is the type of guy, when he's doing his thing, that can really take over all aspects of the game and is a real threat for a quadruple double on those magical days.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Chandler
Member: #6197

7/1/2019  2:21 PM

the guy's 3 point % is worse than Frank's. Just saying
(5)(5)
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

7/1/2019  2:24 PM
I don't hate the deal but Chandler's point:
Pretty much all the outside shooting is gonna come form guys like RJ and Knox and that doesn't inspire confidence, at least not next season
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
MS
Member: #724
7/1/2019  2:28 PM
Wtf are we doing.

Another guy that’s not good. Perry used to high of a pick on this guy like Mario and brought the guy in to prove he made the right decision.

If we are looking to overpay a bunch of marginal losers we are knocking it out of the park. None of these guys can teach our young guys anything.

A prudent GM would preserve some cap space to potentially acquiring draft picks for future deals.

We should release another statement apologizing for being a loser franchise.

Chandler

7/1/2019  2:30 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:I don't hate the deal but Chandler's point:
Pretty much all the outside shooting is gonna come form guys like RJ and Knox and that doesn't inspire confidence, at least not next season

players will sag off of him which will cut into the space RJ would otherwise cut; they'll cut down on the passing angles to Randle et al.

I'm glad he cut his hair, but this is not a good move IMO. We'll see. At least it's short term.

Has DSJ started sulking yet?

(5)(5)
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
7/1/2019  2:34 PM
Positives - he's a good defender, decent mid-range shot and good in the PnR

Negatives - can't shoot from outside/3, is inconsistent and seems to have leveled off from his growth (when on Orl and Phx).

At worst he's a very solid backup PG. Not sure what happens to Kadeem, Frank etc

Chandler

MS wrote:Wtf are we doing.

Another guy that’s not good. Perry used to high of a pick on this guy like Mario and brought the guy in to prove he made the right decision.

If we are looking to overpay a bunch of marginal losers we are knocking it out of the park. None of these guys can teach our young guys anything.

A prudent GM would preserve some cap space to potentially acquiring draft picks for future deals.

At least we're now out of money so we don't have to worry about more questionable signings!

All kidding aside, these are depth signings that make more sense if you're team was already good, unable to sign the superstar but trying to advance in the playoffs through depth -- 48 minutes of effort

For our 17 win clown show, it moves us out of the lottery. Yippee! Genius move!

Can we send Perry back to Orlando or Sacramento if we include some compensation. Maybe if we include those Dallas picks?

(5)(5)
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
Nice. i thought he would be a Knick. Good signing. I like him at his salary better than Rozier.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
rammagen
Member: #5756

7/1/2019  2:37 PM
Frank is staying either as a 2 or a 3. Really depends on what frank does to improve himself. Staying in France and playing on the national team might be his best move to get better rather then playing in the summer league. He can get into comfort zone there and then come to camp.
They did go after Elfrid before Muiday but a deal could not be reached
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

7/1/2019  2:38 PM
Chandler wrote:

players will sag off of him which will cut into the space RJ would otherwise cut; they'll cut down on the passing angles to Randle et al.

I'm glad he cut his hair, but this is not a good move IMO. We'll see. At least it's short term.

He is about to.

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

7/1/2019  2:38 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Nice. i thought he would be a Knick. Good signing. I like him at his salary better than Rozier.

This. Take away Ellington and this is a good FA

The Future is Bright!
StarksEwing1

7/1/2019  2:39 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:
Chandler wrote:

He is about to.

You know this because....
rammagen
Member: #5756

7/1/2019  2:40 PM
Chandler wrote:

At least we're now out of money so we don't have to worry about more questionable signings!

All kidding aside, these are depth signings that make more sense if you're team was already good, unable to sign the superstar but trying to advance in the playoffs through depth -- 48 minutes of effort

Can we send Perry back to Orlando or Sacramento if we include some compensation. Maybe if we include those Dallas picks?

If it moves us out of the lottery then it should move us into the playoffs...just saying

StarksEwing1

7/1/2019  2:41 PM
rammagen wrote:
Chandler wrote:

If it moves us out of the lottery then it should move us into the playoffs...just saying

then his negative agenda doesn't work
CleaverGreene
Member: #8756

7/1/2019  2:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2019  2:46 PM
Chandler wrote:
the guy's 3 point % is worse than Frank's. Just saying

Idiotic signing.

Now let's see...throughout his career Payton has put up the kind of stats Frank would have put up his first year or two if you just gave him the PG role and 30MPG without ragging on him if he makes a mistake...

But Payton has had 5 years to improve...and he has basically been the same player since year one, except for a haircut. Orlando got fleeced by the Sixers in order to get him, and they gave up on him.

From day 1, the guy was handed the ball and given 30MPG, and he's been the same player, with little if any evolution.

So now you take playing time from Smith, Allen, Frank, etc., and give it to a guy who has been a decent rotation player on teams that have never gotten over 35 wins.

Makes a lot of sense.

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
Elfrid Payton is a Knick

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy