[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Great job by FO!!!
Author Thread
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/1/2019  8:17 AM
Very satisfied with the free agency results.
No malcontents, no albatross contracts, no overpaying.
Great job by FO in another step into right direction.
Respect.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
AUTOADVERT
anrst
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1054
USA
7/1/2019  8:21 AM
Boom
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
7/1/2019  8:25 AM
The tank lives on...
Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

7/1/2019  8:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2019  8:31 AM
Yea man, knicks sured up holes needed we got our man in randle without over paying. Bobby Portis is a great signing too... I remember when people were saying he was as good/ better then KP.

Mitch might come off the bench to start.

Portis,Mitch
Randle, taj
Knox,bullock,Iggy
Barrett,zo,Dot
DSJR,Frank,Allen

If Barrett is a beast out of the box this team is playoff bound.

Hugely improved from last year

Still think we sign a third string PF and Center to fill out the roster .

Don’t underestimate frank in his third year 20/21 is when guards start to get it, just look at DLO he was aweful and considered a bust after year two, now look at him signing a Max with the warriors

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/1/2019  8:31 AM
arkrud wrote:Very satisfied with the free agency results.
Respect.

95% of knicks fans disagree, we are currently the biggest laughing stock on social media, and every single sport show across the board has labeled us losers x100.

So far no Team IN the NBA has overpaid for anyone, in fact you have a few players that took less so their respected teams can add more..

Next yrs Draft class and FA class will be the worst in decades..

ES
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

7/1/2019  8:38 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Respect.

95% of knicks fans disagree, we are currently the biggest laughing stock on social media, and every single sport show across the board has labeled us losers x100.

So far no Team IN the NBA has overpaid for anyone, in fact you have a few players that took less so their respected teams can add more..

No Rainman most knick fans arent doom and gloom like you. They understand that in years past we would throw away all our picks or cap space for injury prone players or headcases. I know you hate that we are building through the draft but its the best move in the longrun. We are building a solid young core but also adding good support around them. Sure they may not be the "sexy" names but they will help a lot. We also keeps our assets and financial flexibility for the future so when we do get a BIG Free agent we will be in even better shape
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

7/1/2019  8:43 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Respect.

No Rainman most knick fans arent doom and gloom like you. They understand that in years past we would throw away all our picks or cap space for injury prone players or headcases. I know you hate that we are building through the draft but its the best move in the longrun. We are building a solid young core but also adding good support around them. Sure they may not be the "sexy" names but they will help a lot. We also keeps our assets and financial flexibility for the future so when we do get a BIG Free agent we will be in even better shape

^^^ This is spot on. We won by not winning in this FA period. KD may not ever be the same player. Much as it would have been nice to keep dreaming, we're actually building a team now, not trying to starphuck our way to contention. Let's add the big names when we're starting to get closer. Right now isn't the right time.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/1/2019  8:47 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Respect.

I think they did great. I love the Randle and Portis signings. The Knicks would be killed on social media and sports shows if they signed Durant. The Knicks were going to be the biggest story and called dumb no matter what happened. Loved the draft and the signings so far. I am hoping the front office will give Smith and Allen a long look at the point.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

7/1/2019  9:38 AM
The reaction to not signing KD etc. boggles my mind. It's one thing to disagree and another to flail and wail and bemoan it's the same old Knicks -- when in fact it's the opposite. A previous godawful FO would have given the max to Durant who would end up playing a total of 38 games for us while Kyrie poisoned the well. We'd have no flexibility going forward and probably our young assets and future #1's would be squandered in some win now sugar rush frenzy. Instead the FO is following a thoughtful, measured path forward -- you know, the way good organizations do.

And yet the pants wetting is in full swing. I remember when I moved to New York years ago and I was told that NYC had "intelligent" sports fans. I see a few I guess. Though they seem less dumb than the foaming local media who seem to know nothing other than how to feed the negative.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
7/1/2019  9:40 AM
If you are killing the KNicks FO, you are wrong. KD never even talked to them. It takes 2 to Tango, as the old saying goes.

KD is a bitch. Irving is a headcase. They will not win in Brooklyn. Kyrie will have a tough year on his own.

Front office improved big weak spots. Randle is solid and has been. Vonleh is a project and is not on his level. Portis produces when he plays.

NY needs DSj and Frank to step up and be a very good tandem. If that can happen - the team will be solid at all spots.

Defense is the key and if they don't play D this year, that is on the coach.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/1/2019  9:49 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:If you are killing the KNicks FO, you are wrong. KD never even talked to them. It takes 2 to Tango, as the old saying goes.

KD is a bitch. Irving is a headcase. They will not win in Brooklyn. Kyrie will have a tough year on his own.

Front office improved big weak spots. Randle is solid and has been. Vonleh is a project and is not on his level. Portis produces when he plays.

NY needs DSj and Frank to step up and be a very good tandem. If that can happen - the team will be solid at all spots.

Defense is the key and if they don't play D this year, that is on the coach.

Celtic fans were predicting 20 games before Kyrie blows up the Nets locker room. You had to take Kyrie to get KD. That might have been worthwhile before KD blew out his achilles. Not sure it was worth the risk after. Was saying to a couple of guys at work when KD first blew out his achilles that I hoped the Nets maxed him to kill their cap. I would have been psyched if the Knicks got both guys but I think this turns out better for the Knicks. KD's injury is career threatening and minimally career altering. Kyrie is a mess and a locker room killer. Four years for DJ is a lot. Thought he was washed last year and giving him a deal until he is 35 can't be seen as a good move. Maybe it moved the needle with KD.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
arkrud
USA
7/1/2019  9:55 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2019  9:57 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Respect.

If you didn't notice all signing are for 2 years so next year draft is considered irrelevant by FO.
We are targeting the 2 year window for development and cleaning the space in 2020/2021.
The expectations are shifted forward and if FO will not be able to deliver in 2021/2022 you will have all rights to bash them and org to fire them.
It goes for the whole team including GM, Pres, and coaching stuff.
Of course the bright-weather fans are disappointed and will flock out to enjoy the winning.
This is understandable and frankly we do not need them here in NY fan base.
We don't mind the crowd jumping around. It is the nature of 95% to be clueless.
The world is always moved forward by 5% who understand the reality and act accordingly.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

7/1/2019  9:57 AM
never underestimate the power of denial. We traded our star to which Dolan said, "this is gonna be a BIG YEAR IN FREE AGENCY!!!" We signed three guys that play the same position. Why didn't we just sign a SG to pair with THJ and CLee? This offseason reminds me of getting late to your fantasy draft and you find out your top three picks play the same ****ing postion
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Chandler
Member: #6197

7/1/2019  9:58 AM

I can't give the Knicks FO a good mark for this FA.

And no, it's not because of KD and Kyrie. In fact, I think we may have dodged bullets with one or both of them for all of the reasons stated above

The reason I don't like the moves is because the guys we are getting, we are getting for a reason; they are not team transformational talents; they are guys that current teams didn't want and we're not getting any bargains. The only bargains in FA are transformational players or if you believe your FO has that special eye for talent in a system you can get a bargain there too. We will likely move out of the lottery (not good) and be looking to dump these guys in 2 years to chase the next pipe dream (Giannis)

If our current process is building through the draft we should have pulled some of the deals other teams did eg Iggy

If our current team strategy is defense, passing, and smart players we probably scored a D+ or C-

So I'm happy we dodged bullets; happy the deals are only 2 years. Honestly things could have gone worse. But there is no way to realistically spin this as positive. We have these guys because we need to reach the cap floor, and the FO and CS are desperate to get some more wins to save their jobs. Sorry to be such a downer on this; just calling it like I see it

We got Perry from Sacramento for no compensation; mull that over. His resume is Orlando and Sacramento -- ouch. He thought Mario was a good player not once but twice. I am very happy with his Mitch pick and Alonzo but overall supremely skeptical of the FO and this both are desperate to retain their jobs. Does anyone honestly think that when they are fired from Knicks either will have a president or GM gig in the future?

(5)(5)
arkrud
USA
7/1/2019  10:01 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2019  10:01 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:never underestimate the power of denial. We traded our star to which Dolan said, "this is gonna be a BIG YEAR IN FREE AGENCY!!!" We signed three guys that play the same position. Why didn't we just sign a SG to pair with THJ and CLee? This offseason reminds me of getting late to your fantasy draft and you find out your top three picks play the same ****ing postion

The denial about the state of the team as far as readiness to any significant moves this year is really out of charts.
Live is hard my man. Nothing is coming easy. And if is coming easy it slips away even easier.
Only hard road brings the joy of reaching the destination.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/1/2019  10:03 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Respect.

You said the same thing when we drafted KP, Willy and frank and we signed THJ, where are they now..YOUNG CORES STAY TOGETHER WHEN THEY ARE WINNING..not when the winning % is .308..are you in denial about that

If rules state you can only trade 1 pick in 3 yrs why are you acting like the FO did wonders...lol

When was the LAST TIME THE NETS had Lottery picks and Cap money, they just made the P/O and had just as Much money as we did...

You and I both know that KD and Kyrie's contracts will have expire and the knicks will be no closer to a championship..

ES
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/1/2019  10:06 AM
I agree with the critics that this isnt the kind of FA haul that should make us want to throw a parade. These deals were made with the intention of upgrading the roster when the opportunity presents itself. IMO, the biggest thing to celebrate is no cap killing, face saving deals, were made on injured players, or lousy teammates.

Perry/Mills didnt say "F it" lets just get some big names without thinking how it affects the team's long term plans. Thats a distinct change from the past. That is worth celebrating.

arkrud
USA
7/1/2019  10:07 AM
Chandler wrote:
I can't give the Knicks FO a good mark for this FA.

And no, it's not because of KD and Kyrie. In fact, I think we may have dodged bullets with one or both of them for all of the reasons stated above

The reason I don't like the moves is because the guys we are getting, we are getting for a reason; they are not team transformational talents; they are guys that current teams didn't want and we're not getting any bargains. The only bargains in FA are transformational players or if you believe your FO has that special eye for talent in a system you can get a bargain there too. We will likely move out of the lottery (not good) and be looking to dump these guys in 2 years to chase the next pipe dream (Giannis)

If our current process is building through the draft we should have pulled some of the deals other teams did eg Iggy

If our current team strategy is defense, passing, and smart players we probably scored a D+ or C-

So I'm happy we dodged bullets; happy the deals are only 2 years. Honestly things could have gone worse. But there is no way to realistically spin this as positive. We have these guys because we need to reach the cap floor, and the FO and CS are desperate to get some more wins to save their jobs. Sorry to be such a downer on this; just calling it like I see it

We got Perry from Sacramento for no compensation; mull that over. His resume is Orlando and Sacramento -- ouch. He thought Mario was a good player not once but twice. I am very happy with his Mitch pick and Alonzo but overall supremely skeptical of the FO and this both are desperate to retain their jobs. Does anyone honestly think that when they are fired from Knicks either will have a president or GM gig in the future?

You are all over the place.
You state that we actually did everything correctly considering next year weak FA and draft and interesting opportunities coming in 2 years.
But at the same time you complain we did not get more assets like NBA teams are lining up to give it to us for nothing (as we have nothing to offer yet).
The development stage we are in required our young players to play for the win and so we get reinforcements and vets to balance the roster.
We also managed to get more prospects to increase the probability of getting good player or good trade asset.
So set you mind straight on what the goals and abilities are. This will put all in place.

arkrud
USA
7/1/2019  10:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2019  10:16 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Respect.

You said the same thing when we drafted KP, Willy and frank and we signed THJ, where are they now..YOUNG CORES STAY TOGETHER WHEN THEY ARE WINNING..not when the winning % is .308..are you in denial about that

If rules state you can only trade 1 pick in 3 yrs why are you acting like the FO did wonders...lol

When was the LAST TIME THE NETS had Lottery picks and Cap money, they just made the P/O and had just as Much money as we did...

You and I both know that KD and Kyrie's contracts will have expire and the knicks will be no closer to a championship..

You probably the one trying the whole life to win the lottery by buying one ticket every time it runs.
The truth it you lost before you started unless you will leave million years.
There is no lottery in pro sports. It's very hard frustrating business when you pay for every mistake.
Being a fan of the org which made so many is hard road to take.
So if you want to continue stop buying the lottery tickets and put your mind to work.

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
7/1/2019  10:24 AM
I like the Portis and the Randle signings. Not sure I understand the Gibson and Bullock signings -- I assume they are considered vets that will help grow our yoots.

The Knicks are still required to spend about $8M more -- but doesn't have to be right now - before the end of the season. Could look for a bargain basement deal and leave about $11mm of cap flexibility to be opportunistic this year.

Going to have a decision to make on Smith, Jr this year. Not sure Trier is the answer at starting PG -- I like him as the instant offense super sub. So, I would guess they go after Isaiah Thomas with their leftover funds.

Seems odd that we are delighted that they didn't make a Noah type signing. That's our threshold for approval.

Last point, I probably would not have been excited about giving KP a super max extension. He certainly has the potential to earn it out, but he didn't earn it yet, imo. So, that trade was still ok in my book. DSJ has this year to earn it out. Hopefully Dallas will flail and those draft picks will become valuable.

I don't see this team winning more thant 25-30 games this season, with the upside being some magical scenario where all these players develop together quickly and knock our socks off.

This is the Randle.
Great job by FO!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy