[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KP and his brothers are..
Author Thread
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
10/16/2019  3:16 PM
Out here in Dallas they don’t even talk about basketball. Its no pressure land the Cowboys all day and all night. Few mentions of basketball and that’s it. KP will thrive in Dallas going under the radar. No longer a unicorn just a player now.
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/16/2019  3:50 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/porzingis-has-fifth-highest-selling-jersey-in-nba/264774214/

https://store.nba.com/top-selling-jerseys/x-145027+z-93281429-1493771407

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/04/25/top-merchandise-jersey-sales-2018-19-season-official-release

Not saying there are not a lot of variables that go into Jersey sales, but if you think you are bigger than NY, just watch a middling all-star slide off the jersey charts when they act bigger than the team. KP should have gotten a bump by the trade to Dallas. He has simply fallen off the map. We can see what happens this year. But instead of being NY's franchise player, he is now Doncic's workhorse ("Doncic's Donkey" anyone?). I really don't think that 18 foot jump shot is valuable in today's NBA, but that 3pt shot was great.

We will see where he is after this year and whether he made NY relevant or whether NY made him relevant.

So you don't think this is more about him being injured for a year than traded from the Knicks?

Who knows? Probably a little bit of both.

A little of both IMO.

Fact is if your not playing its hard to add to your fan base. KP was also seen as the savior "Unicorn" of the Knicks. Ussually saviors sell a lot of jerseys. Kid is going to have a big year with Luka. I am sure the band wagon fans will be making the jerseys roll off the shelves in Dallas.

Regardless, this just fits into the "bitter hope" category that KP is a bum/loser to make some feel better that the Knicks screwed things up, yet again.

True, his jersey sales will bump up. But market still plays a big role. Will he jump into the top 10 in Jersey sales? Maybe. Will he be jump into the top 5? Probably not.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/16/2019  4:09 PM
Vmart wrote:Out here in Dallas they don’t even talk about basketball. Its no pressure land the Cowboys all day and all night. Few mentions of basketball and that’s it. KP will thrive in Dallas going under the radar. No longer a unicorn just a player now.

hmmm. somehow i think 2 white boys balling together will play in dallas. didn't we see this movie before . . .

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/27/2019  8:00 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:KP is a schmuck with a schmuck brother.
Best Post in this Thread

Can you tell me what KP and his brother did to take KP from Unicorn to shmuck?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

10/27/2019  8:07 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Best Post in this Thread

You heard me.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

10/28/2019  12:52 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/28/2019  12:53 AM
Put KP 1.5 year after an ACL injury just coming back, on the Knicks roster, and he is be far the best player. By miles. However they won't make the playoffs. So it was good they moved him, they were going nowhere with him, and KP knew that as well. KP is not Lebron, Kawhi, Giannis level to carry a team by himself to the playoffs. The main thing that messed it all up in hindsight is how they dealt him. Without bidding, without any real wheeling and dealing. We got very little for a 23 year old all-star big man, who is viewed as a special talent because of his ability to play inside/out and defend.
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/28/2019  8:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/28/2019  8:55 AM
KnickDanger wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Best Post in this Thread

You heard me.

Good post.

Can you enlighten me on what you feel happened?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/28/2019  9:48 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Put KP 1.5 year after an ACL injury just coming back, on the Knicks roster, and he is be far the best player. By miles. However they won't make the playoffs. So it was good they moved him, they were going nowhere with him, and KP knew that as well. KP is not Lebron, Kawhi, Giannis level to carry a team by himself to the playoffs. The main thing that messed it all up in hindsight is how they dealt him. Without bidding, without any real wheeling and dealing. We got very little for a 23 year old all-star big man, who is viewed as a special talent because of his ability to play inside/out and defend.

I agree but until we see what these draft picks become, we don't know what we got for him.

MS
Member: #724
10/28/2019  9:52 AM
It's only three games put...

KP is averaging 26.3pts 5.5rbs 3.3assists on 46% from the field. He may get injured, but it would be fun watching him and Mitch defend the rim, two players couldn't compliment each other more.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/28/2019  9:56 AM
Knixkik wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Put KP 1.5 year after an ACL injury just coming back, on the Knicks roster, and he is be far the best player. By miles. However they won't make the playoffs. So it was good they moved him, they were going nowhere with him, and KP knew that as well. KP is not Lebron, Kawhi, Giannis level to carry a team by himself to the playoffs. The main thing that messed it all up in hindsight is how they dealt him. Without bidding, without any real wheeling and dealing. We got very little for a 23 year old all-star big man, who is viewed as a special talent because of his ability to play inside/out and defend.

I agree but until we see what these draft picks become, we don't know what we got for him.

well thats cute... but we gave up all star franchise talent for doo doo. Titles are won by teams and players that can do special things. A team with KP as a key part can do special things. He's just a part but a special part and the hardest part to find. I would love to be wrong, but the KP trade was massive set back in this process. There is no happy-cute way to spin it. The only way the KP trade works is if the cap space yielded us star players. It didnt. We rolled the dice and made the best move we thought we could. I get it. Right now Mavs are looking like geniuses.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/28/2019  10:11 AM
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

well thats cute... but we gave up all star franchise talent for doo doo. Titles are won by teams and players that can do special things. A team with KP as a key part can do special things. He's just a part but a special part and the hardest part to find. I would love to be wrong, but the KP trade was massive set back in this process. There is no happy-cute way to spin it. The only way the KP trade works is if the cap space yielded us star players. It didnt. We rolled the dice and made the best move we thought we could. I get it. Right now Mavs are looking like geniuses.

so how do u think it would have played out if we didn’t trade him and he bolts the team to rehab in europe as he publically threatened? do we later get a better deal for him? does he do a turnaround and sign with us?

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/28/2019  10:13 AM
MS wrote:It's only three games put...

KP is averaging 26.3pts 5.5rbs 3.3assists on 46% from the field. He may get injured, but it would be fun watching him and Mitch defend the rim, two players couldn't compliment each other more.

it always bothered me that KP could never sniff 10 rpg, let alone 8. Teh guy is a unique talent but when you expect Luka to average more rebounds, well, that would irritate me as a fan.

this comment has nothing to do with you MS, but upon reflection, it appears Janis and KP were smart for escaping this dumpster fire, because that's what the 2019-20 Knicks are

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/28/2019  10:16 AM
MS wrote:It's only three games put...

yeah that was the plan...Until him and dickhead brother showed their true colors. Some fans can blame the FO all they want BUT the guy didn't want to be here anymore period end of story. They tried to get a better deal but nobody would bite because he was coming off a bad injur and has a injury history. yes I know KP is off to a great start BUT we have seen this before. he will get off to a great start hen 20-25 games later will get "tired" and either get hurt or get destroyed by a Jokic or Draymond Green etc. Look im not denying his talent but he is also very brittle and that's gonna happen eventually no doubt in my mind. That was a concern of mine even if he stayed. But he turned into a real ******* probably because of his brother mostly
Chandler
Member: #6197

10/28/2019  10:17 AM
Marv wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

so how do u think it would have played out if we didn’t trade him and he bolts the team to rehab in europe as he publically threatened? do we later get a better deal for him? does he do a turnaround and sign with us?

that;s the only narrative which makes the trade look good

there is no winning franchise that would have done the hissy fit trade his ass. San antonio, boston, Bucks, GS, Toronto all would have bent over backwards to keep him. I think the dilemma is that KP (rightly or wrongly) thought the CS and FO were clueless and wanted that changed

that's why he wanted to speak with Dolan, and that was the real request that got him traded

As i've mentioned several times this trade will be epic failure or epic genius -- nothing in between. Time will tell of course but in this short window our team was the dumb-dumb

And oh yeah (with sympathies to DSJ and his family situation aside), we are seeing everything bad in DSJ that they saw in Dallas and that was public knowledge

(5)(5)
Chandler
Member: #6197

10/28/2019  10:20 AM
While we leak stories about sexual allegations, and various demands, KP (oddly enough) seems to be taking the high road and keeping his trap shut

more food for thought when considering this dysfunctional franchise

We need a Fire Dolan chant

(5)(5)
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/28/2019  10:25 AM
Chandler wrote:While we leak stories about sexual allegations, and various demands, KP (oddly enough) seems to be taking the high road and keeping his trap shut

more food for thought when considering this dysfunctional franchise

We need a Fire Dolan chant

KP and High Road? Those words don't match lol
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/28/2019  10:47 AM
KP best game....and Mav's first loss. I know, its petty.
KP tweets and immaturity publically was not a good look. His public refute to Fiz saying he had no seen any "sprints" was immature. Coach was talking about doing sprints in the gym, not at a high school track. The reference was a player doing sprints on the court is getting into game shape and closer to return.

Knicks did not offer him an extension 12 months ago. $158mil for the face of the franchise and this was before his off court antics were disclosed. What don't we know? KP has figured out its a good deal to take his contract from dallas despite his first comments and that his situation there is a good one.

Again, whose to blame? Knicks or KP? Nalod says "its regrettable!". Don't matter. Unicorn allstar in his second year blew out his knee and is gone. I don't have to like my players. They have to be reasonable off the court. KP might be an ass but that's his issue. Is he an unforgiving diva? The missed meeting was dumb. Its the time you air your grievance. Phil wanted him gone logically for more than just that. We had trade leverage at that moment. The one time we actually had phil ahead of the curve we can him. WE actually side with KP which was indicative to the knicks giving him what he wanted. Then what happened? Knicks had incentive to wait. 10mm to add to roster by waiting. 10mm to give KP another player, more talent. Does he want his money above all? The fatigue factor? Then he breaks.
KP was expected to return to from. He was an allstar before he got hurt so its no surprise he is back to form. Time will tell.

Sambakick
Member: #5646

10/28/2019  11:04 AM
Nalod wrote:KP best game....and Mav's first loss. I know, its petty.
KP tweets and immaturity publically was not a good look. His public refute to Fiz saying he had no seen any "sprints" was immature. Coach was talking about doing sprints in the gym, not at a high school track. The reference was a player doing sprints on the court is getting into game shape and closer to return.

When it happened and Janis tweeted "This is #1 BS!" in response to Fiz saying what he said... i remember how surprised it made me because to me Fiz had made a rather benign statement and it didn't seem like it would deserve such a harsh response.

Looking back now with the benefit of hindsight it is easier to explain the Janis tweet. They (KP and family) were trying to get another team interested in trading for KP even back then prior to the subsequent official trade request. That is the only reason you would put out there how strong and well you were recovering in such an insulting way to your own team.

Meaning: They were going to leave no matter what. UNLESS the Knicks did X, Y, Z...

So **** them. The notion to trade wasn't wrong. What was wrong was the haste to trade for him and the notion that the cap space would be used for someone better. It wasn't. That makes the trade look far worse.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/28/2019  11:09 AM
Marv wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

There are teams and organizations that seem to be able to manage challenging but exceptional players. The KP situation struck me as fixable. He works hard at basketball. His family are a problem... or are they? We dont know yet. If we never hear about this again it was the Knicks. If he's a pain in the ass in Texas then we see the problem.

To me, KP is worth much more than anything we traded him for. Maybe when Fizdale visited him KP hated him. We dont know. I would love to know what the straw that broke the relationship was. The salt is especially strong with RJ here. He's really looking the dynamic scorer you put around KP/Mitch up front to build a team that competes for a title.

If Im the Knicks, you deal with whatever it is they are asking for and make it work. Resign KP. We didnt hear much about Fizdale's visit to Latvia in the summer. A few months into a season where KP isnt playing he's like I WANT OUT. It sucks because he's the only talent we have had that you see on a court and think one day he could be part of a death line up like the Warriors used to trot out there...

It has a look of a huge set back while the Knicks spend the next few years trying to add impact players next to RJ...

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
10/28/2019  11:09 AM
Sambakick wrote:
Nalod wrote:KP best game....and Mav's first loss. I know, its petty.

When it happened and Janis tweeted "This is #1 BS!" in response to Fiz saying what he said... i remember how surprised it made me because to me Fiz had made a rather benign statement and it didn't seem like it would deserve such a harsh response.

Looking back now with the benefit of hindsight it is easier to explain the Janis tweet. They (KP and family) were trying to get another team interested in trading for KP even back then prior to the subsequent official trade request. That is the only reason you would put out there how strong and well you were recovering in such an insulting way to your own team.

Meaning: They were going to leave no matter what. UNLESS the Knicks did X, Y, Z...

So **** them. The notion to trade wasn't wrong. What was wrong was the haste to trade for him and the notion that the cap space would be used for someone better. It wasn't. That makes the trade look far worse.

This I agree with. If you were going to trade your franchise player you better get a great package in return. The Knicks basically got nothing in return.

KP and his brothers are..

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy