Author Thread
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/1/2019  5:08 AM

So we sign:

-A young starting PF- Randle (24yrs)

-A young starting or backup C- Portis (24yrs)

-A veteran backup PF- Gibson

-A backup SF/SG- Bullock

Haters will hate and flashy seekers will jump ship because this isn’t KD or Kawhi, but real fans will appreciate this is a solid plan for the next two seasons with big potential and keeping flexibility for the future.

Now we will definitely see how does Fiz look when he actually tried to win games with a young crew.

Knicks_Fan
AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

7/1/2019  5:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/21/2019  3:30 PM
The real fans? these guys are garbage this roster won't sniff the playoffs its a 30 win team at best
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/1/2019  6:17 AM
I was trying to be optimistic but I somehow am losing my ability. What exactly are they doing?
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
7/1/2019  6:59 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:I was trying to be optimistic but I somehow am losing my ability. What exactly are they doing?

We signed players to build a teAm that will give our younger players a chance to develop

I know it’s upsetting we didn’t max out a guard with bad knees who made his last team worse and I know it’s a shame we couldn’t max out anyone over 30 rehabbing a ruptured Achilles.

Everyone we signed is a short term commitment with a tradable contract and two fully functioning legs.

MS
Member: #724
7/1/2019  7:13 AM
10.5MM a year for this guy?

What the **** are these idiots doing? Teams need to clear space and we have it. Let’s get some draft pics instead of overpaying marginal role players like Gibson and Bullock. This guy is terrible.

Absolutely no sense in anything we are doing outside of Randal.

Chandler
Member: #6197

7/1/2019  7:31 AM

nothing against reggie bullock but this signing is also puzzling. Seems like we're trying to build a team to get us out of the lottery

if the plan was to some vets around the youth, ok. But i don't buy that

it wasn't a week ago when FO was saying they won't let their newfound cash be used on second and third tier players

then we got humiliated, realized we need to get to cap floor. and whereas other teams are or have used space to absorb contracts for a pick, where using it on guys what at best get us to 30 wins, at worst consume opportunities our youth should have

the team is a disgrace; we are the dung beatles of the NBA

the reality is that, while no player wants to speak ill of NY (and hurt their marketing), the agents for anyone worth a damn don't want to send their clients here because we're clueless.

(5)(5)
MS
7/1/2019  7:36 AM
The warriors just traded a 1st and Iggy to the grizzlies to clear space. Those are deals we needed to explore.

Veterans that have won something in the league are more valuable than guys that have been around.

This is a new low

Chandler
Member: #6197

7/1/2019  7:44 AM
MS wrote:The warriors just traded a 1st and Iggy to the grizzlies to clear space. Those are deals we needed to explore.

Veterans that have won something in the league are more valuable than guys that have been around.

This is a new low

i agree 100%. i think our insecure FO was offended that he told the world no one is coming to NY

(5)(5)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/1/2019  7:58 AM
34 wins doubles our win total from last year. Outside of Kawhi and Durant who did you want to throw max or near max money too that made sense with our timeline? Kemba? Good player. D’Russell? I might have argued that a good place to go but is he that much beyond Dsmith and are there questions about him? Kyrie? Well discussed player many thought not a good fit with our team. HOrford got big money......
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/1/2019  8:01 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2019  8:02 AM
Chandler wrote:
MS wrote:The warriors just traded a 1st and Iggy to the grizzlies to clear space. Those are deals we needed to explore.

This is a new low

i agree 100%. i think our insecure FO was offended that he told the world no one is coming to NY

No one is coming to NY not because of some generic "hate" but because the team is not ready for prime time.
Not even close.
A lot of fans are failing FO for not getting stars to sigh or not getting more 1st rounders for cap.
But the reality is this is out of their control.
Nobody will come to row team to waste the prime time of their carrier and no one will let 1st rounder go for just cash.
The strategy must be to develop own picks, stay flexible, get more assets when possible, and build credibility.
Knicks cancelled out all other avenues to improve.
Every stupidity must be paid for. And this org committed to many.
Time to pay the price and start doing right things.
And we finally trying to do just that.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/1/2019  8:51 AM

This is a new low

While I don't agree with the "new low" argument, it is true that the Iggy deal would've been perfect for us.

One has to wonder if it was offered to us at all. Our front office was busy signing the players they had targeted as their new plan (Randle, Portis) but I would have to believe that they would've taken this deal in place of the second tier guys they got for the bench (Gibson, Bullock).

Knicks_Fan
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

7/1/2019  8:55 AM
anrst wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:I was trying to be optimistic but I somehow am losing my ability. What exactly are they doing?

We signed players to build a teAm that will give our younger players a chance to develop

I know it’s upsetting we didn’t max out a guard with bad knees who made his last team worse and I know it’s a shame we couldn’t max out anyone over 30 rehabbing a ruptured Achilles.

Everyone we signed is a short term commitment with a tradable contract and two fully functioning legs.

Love this part...

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

7/1/2019  9:04 AM
These are good signings, bullock had some big games last year.. don’t forget we have 2 first round picks two potential lottery picks as I doubt Dallas makes the playoffs ...

Wouldn’t be shocked if we make the playoffs with this roster if Mitch and Knox make strides and dsjr shows star potential, Barrett comes out with a bang. Zo in the running for 6th man.

We make the playoffs and start a culture plus two first coming in... we need to build a winning team and when we do the media will have nothing to say when we didn’t even star phuck.

stanleybostitch
Member: #1071

7/1/2019  9:09 AM

Giannis 2021

The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/1/2019  9:17 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2019  9:18 AM
stanleybostitch wrote:

Giannis 2021

Re-signs with the Bucks or joins AD or Zion. We are going to just have to trust the FO to draft a superstar or 2.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/1/2019  9:25 AM
Chandler wrote:

This is a new low

What makes you so sure Perry didnt try? Takes two to Tango. From the way Iggy was dissing the Knicks, he did not want to be traded there. GS gave him a heads up that he might be traded, didnt sound like he wanted to go to NY.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/1/2019  9:28 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2019  9:29 AM
I don't watch the Pistons much, but I remember how bummed the Detroit boards were when Reggie was traded. They all agreed that he developed a good rapport with Blake and was one of the teams lone bright spots. Also want to point out that Reggie was kinda trash his first few seasons in the league. He was billed as an instant 3-D wing who would contribute immediately out of UNC, but it took him a while to find his stroke? Now he's one of the most sought after role players in the league. The reason why I'm bringing this up? Guys need time to develop in this league. Keep that in mind next time you write off one of our own young guys.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler

7/1/2019  9:40 AM

Knicks dont want to tank next season, they want to develop their picks, young players acquired via trade (like Smith) while keeping their powder dry for 2021. That looks like the plan. Look at all the short term contracts signed. Could easily see previous regimes signing these players to 4 year deals, as opposed to 2. Its about giving the younger players a chance to learn how to win. Even if its just getting to the playoffs. One step at a time.

MS
7/1/2019  9:42 AM
If KP is healthy they are making the playoffs.

Hardaway at 18MM looks pretty good compared to Tobias Harris right now. Honestly that trade is still perplexing. Move people when you have an actual guarantee.

Bullock is not good. Justin Holiday is a better player and was good for this team and Mills chose Ron Baker over him. Keep in mind Holiday brought back picks in a trade. Have to question this brain trust right now.

GustavBahler

7/1/2019  9:57 AM
MS wrote:If KP is healthy they are making the playoffs.

Hardaway at 18MM looks pretty good compared to Tobias Harris right now. Honestly that trade is still perplexing. Move people when you have an actual guarantee.

Bullock is not good. Justin Holiday is a better player and was good for this team and Mills chose Ron Baker over him. Keep in mind Holiday brought back picks in a trade. Have to question this brain trust right now.

Thats a big "if". Hasn't had anything in the tank after the all-star break, since his rookie year. Hardaway cant stay healthy, he is recovering from another injury, as we speak. Mills signed Baker, not Perry. Sure, there were better players available, probably not for the right price, or for less than 4 years. The idea is to keep cap flexibilty. Still would not contend if the players we got were slightly better.

Reggie Bullock signs 2yr 21M with Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy