GSW 0-2
Blazers 1-1
Memphis 1-1
LAC 1-1
Suns 1-1
Seattle 1-1 Houston 0-2
Hawks 3-0

no winning record v.s any west team
a combined record of 23-4 vs. celts wizards hawks raptors magic and heat[we beat them before they won 19/22}

that means we were 16-39 vs. rest of league + 0-4 in the playoffs

this kind of breakdown shows you what we were--a bad team who were able to handle the 5 worst teams in the league

this is why my optomism is guarded, we were 27 games under .500 against good teams including the playoffs. for the knicks to be considered good--at a minimum--we need to move that record to .500 or better--not an easy task- it will be VERY difficult to go 23-4 against those team again. In fact there isnt a snow ball's chance we will. We do catcha break with the Bobcats and some teams like the Nets Bulls and perhasp the Bucks who wont be as good as last year.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
9/26/2004  7:51 AM
Still disappointed by the 0-4 on the Cavs and the 0-2 on GS. This year is payback!
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
9/26/2004  8:38 AM
That includes games when our starting lineup was Eisley, Anderson, Van Horn, Thomas, and Mutombo. Who cares? I'd at least be more interested in the records against teams once Marbury came here.
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
9/26/2004  10:30 AM
The only thing this shows to me is that we got the wins we were supposed to. And thats great, thats how regualar season success is guaranteed. We have something ot build of now. I just don't understand how this can be spinned in a negative light. If you remember, we were battling these teams for the last playoff spot, whatever that is worth, so we did what we had to.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
9/26/2004  12:02 PM
Briggs is trying to bring up that point that the Knicks aren't the only team getting better right now,even in the East. It's not going to be an easy ride, by any means. We STILL probably don't make opposing teams lose sleep.

Yet we are still headed into the right direction and a little bit over .500 is a good thing to set your sights on, even if it's not going to be an easy ride.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
9/26/2004  12:44 PM
we only had a winning record against 8 of 29 teams. our record with Marbury against teams who were .500 or better including the 4 game set with the Nets was 11-20

its not about betaing the teams who stink. Its about winning against the good teams. To be a good team you must have a better than .500 record against them. We made some improvements+ we will have added chemistry but we cant expect to go 23-4 against thos esame teams again. We need win diversification. We need to play much better against western teams.
RIP Crushalot😞
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
9/26/2004  12:46 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

We STILL probably don't make opposing teams lose sleep.
I am absolutely certain that opposing teams are losing sleep over the Knicks. We are not close to where we want to be right now but the team we have as of today at 12:44 PM is good enough to be #4 or #5 in the East. I think our backcourt of Steph and Craw is going to cause some serious matchup problems and TT at SF will be phenominal if healthy.

I think teams will be losing sleep trying to find defensive assignments for our guard rotation of Steph, Craw and Houston. Knicks aren't the only team getting better but we are one of the only teams that has improved drastically.

Welcome back simrud.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
9/26/2004  2:55 PM
Yeah really let's not depreciate ourselves here. This was a good offseason and I expect all the advantages of another year with youthful guys + a full training camp to help. It's not like we were really THAT bad last year, you're just pointing out like, the worst and most revealing stats. The overall record is what I'm looking at at the end of next year; I'll take each game one at a time.
http://allknicks.com
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
9/27/2004  8:12 AM
If I'm a Magic fan or Net fan or pretty much any non-Knick fan I'm not worried about the Knicks. I see an overhyped team because of Isiah w/ a 100mm payroll with guys like Penny, Shandon and Houston making mind numbing cash. JYD is a cast off and Crawfords a nice player from the NBAs worst team. I'm not caring about how great Sweetney *can* be... I still see Kurt, Vin and Nazr up front.

As a Knick fan who closely follows the team its a different story. You know we never played our best ball last year with all the changes and players and coaches just thrown together.

I cant agree w/ you breakdown of last years wins losses. You can see the Knicks won a lot of games against some very good teams. They also had that very bad stretch right after TT was traded. With the exception of the Cavs and Warriors we struggled against the 4-5 elite NBA teams.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
9/27/2004  9:09 AM
no, we probably won't be 23-4 against those teams but on the flipside, we're also going to be better than 16-39 against the rest of the league.

briggs, you post alot of good stuff but you CONSTANTLY think worst case with this team and best case for everybody else. present the other side man. you still think we're going to be 0-4 vs the cavs, or get swept by golden state?

i dismiss all those records after january. all i know is that our unit is almost healthy (h20) and we'll have a full camp of players FIGHTING for their spots. of course, it could all go bad, but it can also all go good.

if we're going to make some serious noise this season, we have to come out quick and that's going to be tough b/c of the schedule.
fishmike
USA
9/27/2004  10:40 AM
I understand the pessimism... sucking for 3 years does that. However I do think we have a highly skilled team with good size and athleticism. Also we have some nice young players that will continue to get bet better, and a solid group of 27 year old(ish) guys that can develop some nice chemistry.
Allanfan20
USA
9/27/2004  11:59 AM
I am somewhere in between. Like I said, there is no way teams are losing sleep over us, especially after watching Marbury in most of the Olympics. Yet, like you said Fishmike, we, the knowledgable Knick fans, see a team improving by the moment, and have potential to do a little damage. We aren't expecting to be championship contenders, and we aren't expecting to destroy everyone in our path. We are just looking foward to our first winning season in a few years and perhaps making it past the first round. Yet, like I said, it certainly wont be easy to get over .500, b/c some of the bad teams have improved including the Magic and the Cavs haven't really got worse, with the addition of Gooden. By all means, it wont be an easy ride, but nonetheless, it's gonna be fun to watch us grow and improve.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Allanfan20
USA
9/27/2004  12:03 PM
I am absolutely certain that opposing teams are losing sleep over the Knicks.

No chance. Why would they be losing sleep over us, when they have more important things to worry about, especially the East teams. Hmmm, Shaq moving to the Heat? Or the guy (who is hyped like Michael Jordan in NY, and is nothing special to the rest of the league) Jamal Crawford moving to NY. If I'm East teams, I'm shaking in my boots about Miami, and not even thinking about the Knicks. Maybe this is to our advantage though, as we can sneak in from under the radar, and do a little bit of damage.
fishmike
USA
9/27/2004  1:32 PM
we will have numberous favorable matchups..especially on offense. I think teams will have a very hard time stopping us from getting easy shots.
records against teams in 2003

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy