[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Summer League (next game Weds 7/10 at 930pm ET on MSG)
Author Thread
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/2/2019  11:28 PM
blkexec wrote:Knox looks taller and bigger than RJ. But on Duke, RJ looked taller than Zion. MMmmm

Knox was 6’9” last season if I’m not mistaken. Some have suggested he might be 6’10” now but we’ll see.

Barrett and Zion have mostly been listed as 6’7 but on some sites I saw Zion listed as 6’6” so who knows for sure.

Knicks_Fan
AUTOADVERT
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

7/3/2019  10:19 AM
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

7/3/2019  11:02 AM
Man I’ve heard Kevin Knox has been putting in the work this off season... with guys like Barrett and Payton able to get him open looks, as well as coming in a lot stronger. I think Knox might shock the nba this year.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/3/2019  12:13 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Hi Hi Hi... VJ King. That was my inner 12 year old snickering.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

7/3/2019  3:11 PM
Where's Frank for God's sakes?
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/4/2019  11:45 AM
I'm hoping the Knicks give Zo most of his minutes at the point in summer league...I think he has the tools to play lead guard. He shoots at a pretty good clip from 3, he can handle it, can get his own shot most times, and has shown that he does have good vision. Playing the point will force him to distribute more...
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
7/4/2019  1:24 PM
Uptown wrote:I'm hoping the Knicks give Zo most of his minutes at the point in summer league...I think he has the tools to play lead guard. He shoots at a pretty good clip from 3, he can handle it, can get his own shot most times, and has shown that he does have good vision. Playing the point will force him to distribute more...

For a guy like Trier. That is exactly what summer league is for.

For Knicks to take a step further they are gonna need him to enhance his willingness to create for others. No matter if he plays 1 or 2.

Kind of intrigued by the idea of him starting at SG with Barrett sliding over to SF. Trier, Barrett, Randle all play with a certain attitude and intensity where I can see chemistry forming among them. Would need Trier to move that ball way more though.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/4/2019  1:43 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/4/2019  1:47 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:I'm hoping the Knicks give Zo most of his minutes at the point in summer league...I think he has the tools to play lead guard. He shoots at a pretty good clip from 3, he can handle it, can get his own shot most times, and has shown that he does have good vision. Playing the point will force him to distribute more...

For Knicks to take a step further they are gonna need him to enhance his willingness to create for others. No matter if he plays 1 or 2.

Kind of intrigued by the idea of him starting at SG with Barrett sliding over to SF. Trier, Barrett, Randle all play with a certain attitude and intensity where I can see chemistry forming among them. Would need Trier to move that ball way more though.

I want to see Zo play spot minutes at 1 this summer, but you really need a decent point guard in summer league play. Doesn't even need to be NBA caliber. But it needs to be someone capable of running whatever simplified offense is installed. It's not just about Zo's development, but we want to see how Mitch, Knox and RJ look too.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/4/2019  1:52 PM
martin wrote:

I don't care how talented that dude is, I would draft Knox over him everytime. Porter was just recovering from drop foot! If it's not the back, it's a nerve or joint issue. Pass!
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/4/2019  2:14 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

I don't care how talented that dude is, I would draft Knox over him everytime. Porter was just recovering from drop foot! If it's not the back, it's a nerve or joint issue. Pass!
I heard he hadn’t looked that good in practice and was wearing a brace before they shut him down.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/4/2019  2:46 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:

Zo, Barrett, and Randle are dawgs who play with intensity and attack the rim relentlessly. Its a line up I thought about the moment we signed Randle.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/4/2019  9:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/4/2019  10:02 PM
As someone else mentioned, Allen was probably brought in to be a steady hand for SL. Kadeem is all business. Glad that type of PG will be on the court when we play NO and Zion. Cant Wait!
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/4/2019  10:01 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

Sounds like a Philly pick. Agree about Knox. Not just his game, but his desire to be a great player. No idea if he'll get there, but Im glad he has that quality.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
7/5/2019  9:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/5/2019  9:32 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:

I like Trier at the 1. It helps him get out of his tendency to just score all the time, he has a solid handle, and he is one of our better 3 pt shooters. I I also agree that Barrent is probably going to play some 3. The kid is huge. I think he is probably stronger than Knox. Trier should play 1-2, Barrett 2-3 and Knox should play 3-4. Fizdale is going to have a tough time with minutes this year, but hey, its summer league. Let's enjoy it.

Trust the Process
CleaverGreene
Member: #8756

7/5/2019  2:45 PM
KnickDanger wrote:Where's Frank for God's sakes?

Practicing with the French National team, no?
There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
CleaverGreene

7/5/2019  2:51 PM
TheGame wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

I like Trier at the 1. It helps him get out of his tendency to just score all the time, he has a solid handle, and he is one of our better 3 pt shooters. I I also agree that Barrent is probably going to play some 3. The kid is huge. I think he is probably stronger than Knox. Trier should play 1-2, Barrett 2-3 and Knox should play 3-4. Fizdale is going to have a tough time with minutes this year, but hey, its summer league. Let's enjoy it.

I'd rather see Trier working on his off the ball game...coming off screens, cutting to the basket, etc.

He gets carried away with the ball, and has a scorer mentality, I'm not sure he has the discipline to be a PG.

He's not a terrible passer, but his first love is scoring.

We need to get him good looks and keep him from his kamikaze drives to the basket at any cost.

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
CleaverGreene

7/5/2019  2:58 PM
Knicksfan wrote:
blkexec wrote:Knox looks taller and bigger than RJ. But on Duke, RJ looked taller than Zion. MMmmm

Knox was 6’9” last season if I’m not mistaken. Some have suggested he might be 6’10” now but we’ll see.

Barrett and Zion have mostly been listed as 6’7 but on some sites I saw Zion listed as 6’6” so who knows for sure.

Unless he really steps up as a defender, I see him as a PF.

I think that having to practice against guys like Barret, Iggy, and Randle, will be good for his D, and hopefully he gets to play against a stronger guy like Portis, too.

If I'm Fizdale and company, I would "torture" him and have him practicing his D against all five positions.

I need to know if it's in his head, and an effort issue, or if he simply doesn't have the lateral movement to guard at the SF spot.

Chandler
Member: #6197

7/5/2019  4:03 PM
Knicksfan wrote:

I am eager to see Knox. Last year was mostly a disaster for him but something of a Mulligan given our team. Guys feet are huge. I can easily imaging him getting to 7' over time and as a SF. He will never be a pf IMO -- not in his make-up unless you think pure stretch 4

Zion is what would happen if Lebron and Barkley had a baby

(5)(5)
blkexec
Member: #748
7/5/2019  8:23 PM
Trier as a PG does not capitalize on his skill set, which is to score.

Trier is our Lue Williams or 6 man.....Someone who can get a bucket. K.Allen, his college running mate has more of a PG mentallity. With Allen, we already have 3 PGs...Trier will probably be used as a scoring spark off the bench. Similar to an Allen Iverson role. Give him space and let him create off of feel. Whether to score for himself or for others.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Summer League (next game Weds 7/10 at 930pm ET on MSG)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy