[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Summer League (next game Weds 7/10 at 930pm ET on MSG)
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/10/2019  10:38 PM
Im loving how the main guys are playing solid minutes together.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/10/2019  11:13 PM
The announcers are straight buns on ESPN:s telecast
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/10/2019  11:19 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:The announcers are straight buns on ESPN:s telecast

Much better on MSG.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/10/2019  11:25 PM

Wow. Taping the game but tuned in for the last 5 minutes of the fourth. No analysis or commentary on the game. Just yapping about next season.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/10/2019  11:46 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Wow. Taping the game but tuned in for the last 5 minutes of the fourth. No analysis or commentary on the game. Just yapping about next season.

Normally I'd wish the game never ended. Tonight was the exception.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/11/2019  12:01 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:RJ’s and Mitch’s chemistry is excellent.

I love the potential of this pairing.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/11/2019  12:03 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/11/2019  12:03 AM
MS wrote:I’m ok struggling to get your timing, not hitting jump shots, but what’s troubling with RJ is his lack of athleticism.

There isn’t any elevation when he gets to the rim. He doesn’t have long arms like frank, but they look very similar in terms of explosion. If you’re a top three selection you should be able to blow by you’re man.

You watch Iggy and you can see he’s going to be able to get his shot off, he has great instincts and there is real offensive skills.

He’s significantly more athletic than frank. But regardless, his game is not built on explosiveness, but craftiness and insticts with the ball.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/11/2019  12:03 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Next season regarding the Knicks or the NBA in general? If it’s about the Knicks next season then I am more understanding although I get the feeling the kept talking about LeToya and Antoinette.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
CrushAlot
USA
7/11/2019  1:26 AM
Knixkik wrote:
MS wrote:I’m ok struggling to get your timing, not hitting jump shots, but what’s troubling with RJ is his lack of athleticism.

There isn’t any elevation when he gets to the rim. He doesn’t have long arms like frank, but they look very similar in terms of explosion. If you’re a top three selection you should be able to blow by you’re man.

You watch Iggy and you can see he’s going to be able to get his shot off, he has great instincts and there is real offensive skills.

He’s significantly more athletic than frank. But regardless, his game is not built on explosiveness, but craftiness and insticts with the ball.

Talent wise I am hoping this is the Knicks Paul George/Lance Stephenson daft.
Chandler
Member: #6197

7/11/2019  9:33 AM

I actually liked the color man (forget his name)

He made some good comments IMO suggesting that RJ should focus on attacking the basket and drawing fouls (as opposed to trying to get 20 w jump shots). FT line is still the most efficient way to score (1.4 -1.6 points per visit)

(5)(5)
Chandler
Member: #6197

7/11/2019  9:39 AM
Knixkik wrote:

Putting aside the Frank comment, I think this is a very good assessment of RJ

He will not have a day 1 impact, ala Shaq, but I'm ok with that

The odd thing is that we have selected 2d rounders and UDFA in which it's very easy to say Wow how did we get him where we did, but then the first rounders seem to require so much more patience. Typically i would think the second rounders would be more developmental projects, yet here we are waiting for Frank, KK and RJ to fully blossom.

Also though KK is far from finished I have been very happy with a lot that I've seen. COuple of steals, blocks playing through contact and attacking the rim better

I also like the ESPN color man's comment that when he focuses on a quicker release his shot is even better

He may be another year or two away but trending better

(5)(5)
CrushAlot
USA
7/11/2019  9:44 AM
Knicks had 5 players in the top 25 for games played yesterday. https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/daily-leaders/2019-07-10
martin
USA
7/11/2019  10:12 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Knicks had 5 players in the top 25 for games played yesterday. https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/daily-leaders/2019-07-10

Yeah, their starting lineup: Mitch, Knox, RJ, Kadeem, Braz

martin
USA
7/11/2019  10:14 AM
man, I just wish RJ had more athleticism.

His strength and euro-step may get him places but it just feels like he can't explode to the basket. Or vertically. And maybe he has a long stride but not a super quick first step to get by people. And even in open space it looks like it takes him a long time to get downhill.

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/11/2019  11:10 AM
martin wrote:man, I just wish RJ had more athleticism.

His strength and euro-step may get him places but it just feels like he can't explode to the basket. Or vertically. And maybe he has a long stride but not a super quick first step to get by people. And even in open space it looks like it takes him a long time to get downhill.

He needs to get crafty- he shows flashes of that, but without the athleticism, he needs to get crafty with his footwork if he wants to get to the hoop. I like his passing potential a lot. I just hope, going forward, he focuses on becoming a triple double machine rather than a scoring machine

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/11/2019  11:18 AM

Perhaps if he had the quick hop, we'd be saying "Wish he was stronger"?

If he was both, he'd be LeBron? Then we'd be wishing he had a better outside shot! (as a rookie)
Then we circle back to why we did not tank enough, complain about how stupid our FO is for not doing this sooner, or NBA hates the knicks, with ESPN and other connect the dot conspiracies, then begin a new blame cycle, laugh at the Rainmans simple retorts, he then laughs how we don't get it, VMart takes a dump, Marv gets snarky, Jrod incoherent ramble, I write another Mckinsey dissertation on increased decision making ratios with lots of big words that I think impress but is just more word salad, all the while DJ is still euphoric on THC infused Maple syrup. At some point we'll discuss Landry Fields and start the whole damn thing over again.
Its summer, we just hope Allanfan20 does not get "allanfan'd" dui while testing his new sweet Honda!

Football camp will dominate in a few days. Go Yankees!!

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
7/11/2019  12:14 PM
look at the difference in how he played last night. i'm super impressed in the difference in the last 2 games from his 1st 2 games. learning on the job and showing huge adjustments. the euro-step is so under control, he's just toying with people.

martin
USA
7/11/2019  12:31 PM
Marv wrote:look at the difference in how he played last night. i'm super impressed in the difference in the last 2 games from his 1st 2 games. learning on the job and showing huge adjustments. the euro-step is so under control, he's just toying with people.

those 3point shots early in the video do look smooth. And RJ definitely got the 4-step Harden shuffle down in SL too

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/11/2019  12:57 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

NBA TV is the worst. They do a split screen for what seems like entire quarters, then do long rambling interviews with guests about another team.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/11/2019  1:02 PM

You can develop a quicker first step. Did it in my late 20s. I practiced launching myself out of the blocks, so to speak. Over and over again. After a while it really helped. Understand we are talking about the NBA, still confident Barrett can get at least a little faster, with some focused training

Summer League (next game Weds 7/10 at 930pm ET on MSG)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy