[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Summer League (next game Weds 7/10 at 930pm ET on MSG)
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
7/10/2019  3:21 AM
MS wrote:Yes it is. We were favored to win the summer league.

Our best assets are all on the floor at the same time. You can’t be getting blown out of the building. Knox was a lottery pick he should be able to control some tempo.

You're becoming very monotone

AUTOADVERT
MS
Member: #724
7/10/2019  6:24 AM
I’m ok struggling to get your timing, not hitting jump shots, but what’s troubling with RJ is his lack of athleticism.

There isn’t any elevation when he gets to the rim. He doesn’t have long arms like frank, but they look very similar in terms of explosion. If you’re a top three selection you should be able to blow by you’re man.

You watch Iggy and you can see he’s going to be able to get his shot off, he has great instincts and there is real offensive skills.

Chandler
Member: #6197

7/10/2019  6:36 AM
Glad to see RJ put it together better!!

Regarding Nalods comments and plays Kadeem practiced and played w KK and Mitch last year (trier too). He might be the only one trying to run something bing but has has a poor SL in my opinion

Toronto and some of the other teams seem to run more plays and be more cohesive

When you consider that probably more than half
These guys won’t make NBA or g—league it’s not a good look when we get smoked considering we had 3 or 4 guys who had major minutes last year plus RJ. Can’t put my finger on the cause whether it was rust coaching or just a few bad days at work he office. Hopefully it motivates all involved

Kk had a poor game but looks bigger and is playing through contact better

(5)(5)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/10/2019  7:54 AM
Every time I turn the games on, Portland and Utah last in particular I see a lot of chucking. Dudes were getting theirs.
Problem is the experienced guys see something and attempts it and then opponents defense gives an open look which won’t happen in the NBA and it messes them up. If the defense gives it up too soon, players just got to take the shot or go to the rim. Then they get hacked. Its just ugly.

I did not watch our game last night. Watched “Mean Girls” on HBO. Those girls play tougher defense than summer league!

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

7/10/2019  9:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/10/2019  9:16 AM
Chandler wrote:Glad to see RJ put it together better!!

Regarding Nalods comments and plays Kadeem practiced and played w KK and Mitch last year (trier too). He might be the only one trying to run something bing but has has a poor SL in my opinion

Toronto and some of the other teams seem to run more plays and be more cohesive

When you consider that probably more than half
These guys won’t make NBA or g—league it’s not a good look when we get smoked considering we had 3 or 4 guys who had major minutes last year plus RJ. Can’t put my finger on the cause whether it was rust coaching or just a few bad days at work he office. Hopefully it motivates all involved

Kk had a poor game but looks bigger and is playing through contact better

He was a lot more patient. Not forcing it. AS i keep mentioning, my only issue is his lack of elevation at the rim and his ability to separate. Hopefully coaches will work with him. Was hoping to see some freakish athletic ability but think he will be a normal pregression type talent and solid contributor. He will be alright. Just needs some time.

Most of these teams either run lots of PnR with weak side cuts or 4 out 1 on the block read and react during SL.
Its not very organized as they practice maybe twice and its a mostly a tryout for many. Guys will force the issue and try to get noticed. Dont expect any form of organized plays.

Agree that it would have been nice for our second year guys to show a bit more chemistry, cohesiveness, maturity and better all around play. But again, not much coaching/practice can be done during these SL games. So its basically every man for themselves. If you think about it, coaches probably want to see who can separate themselves athletically and navigate individually in these. Doesn't leave much good basketball to be watched. Just kids padding numbers and trying to create a highlight. Like an All Star game minus the All Stars.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

7/10/2019  9:21 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/10/2019  9:22 AM
smackeddog wrote:
MS wrote:Yes it is. We were favored to win the summer league.

Our best assets are all on the floor at the same time. You can’t be getting blown out of the building. Knox was a lottery pick he should be able to control some tempo.

You're becoming very monotone

I would venture to guess that all of the squads that won a SL championship are not together as a starting 5 in the NBA. Many of those players are probably not still in the NBA. This is just a quick look at individual skill sets. Not many Pop type team bball being played. Did you expect that?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
7/10/2019  10:18 AM
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/10/2019  1:05 PM
Nalod wrote:Every time I turn the games on, Portland and Utah last in particular I see a lot of chucking. Dudes were getting theirs.
Problem is the experienced guys see something and attempts it and then opponents defense gives an open look which won’t happen in the NBA and it messes them up. If the defense gives it up too soon, players just got to take the shot or go to the rim. Then they get hacked. Its just ugly.

I did not watch our game last night. Watched “Mean Girls” on HBO. Those girls play tougher defense than summer league!

There is absolutely no coaching here, which is a big missed opportunity on this team.

Knicks_Fan
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

7/10/2019  2:21 PM
Knicksfan wrote:
Nalod wrote:Every time I turn the games on, Portland and Utah last in particular I see a lot of chucking. Dudes were getting theirs.

There is absolutely no coaching here, which is a big missed opportunity on this team.

Papabear Says

The Knicks have lost so many games that they have no desire to force a win. The overtime game the other night didn't have to be but that loosing attitude made the put not the best players on the floor so we lost like we always do and the coaches don't care. I see Patrick Ewing coming to New York maybe??

Papabear
Marv
7/10/2019  4:08 PM
Papabear wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

Papabear Says

The Knicks have lost so many games that they have no desire to force a win. The overtime game the other night didn't have to be but that loosing attitude made the put not the best players on the floor so we lost like we always do and the coaches don't care. I see Patrick Ewing coming to New York maybe??

hopefully it’s to play.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/10/2019  4:31 PM

Lohan is the biggest bust from that draft class.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Marv
7/10/2019  4:39 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Lohan is the biggest bust from that draft class.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/10/2019  6:56 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Chandler

7/10/2019  7:11 PM
^^ Iggy can be a real steal and fan favorite. I love his passion
(5)(5)
Chandler

7/10/2019  9:46 PM
Kk is playing so much stronger this year. Playing through contact. Going to the rim as opposed to just near it

Encouraging

(5)(5)
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/10/2019  9:51 PM
I don't know about you guys but that blonde caught my eye 🤓
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/10/2019  9:52 PM
NYKBocker wrote:I don't know about you guys but that blonde caught my eye 🤓
Blonde ref
Chandler

7/10/2019  10:07 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:I don't know about you guys but that blonde caught my eye 🤓
Blonde ref

Beer goggles

(5)(5)
WP76
Member: #4508

7/10/2019  10:09 PM
It looks like "bully ball" is the drinking game phrase of the night. It's been used at least half dozen times.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/10/2019  10:10 PM
RJ’s and Mitch’s chemistry is excellent.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Summer League (next game Weds 7/10 at 930pm ET on MSG)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy