[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Van Exel looking for trade, McDyess next?
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/12/2002  7:19 PM
From bskball.com, Van Exel's agent is trying to broker a trade. This has got to mean that Denver is shaking in their collective boots that McDyess will be next (free agent in 2 years). Let's hope he is on the market.

In speaking with media, the agent for Nick Van Exel told media he was working closely with the Nuggets to facilitate a trade for his client and was actively exploring options that would get his client moved before the trade deadline. "I feel at this stage we're proceeding. There are options out there, but there is nothing out there that is on the table. But there is a good possibility we can get something done before the deadline. For any deal to happen, it has to be fair for both sides. We're exploring every option." Nuggets GM Kiki Vandeweghe told reporters that he was still very much against trading Van Exel and that nothing was pending. " I'm not excited about trading Nick. But I understand the circumstances, and in this situation it is not uncommon for an agent to try to help." Van Exel is considered a top tier player, and those in the know say Vandeweghe has flagged about a dozen players, he feels are equitable, Unless one of those players becomes available its highly unlikely a deal is forced through by Van Exel.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
1/12/2002  10:58 PM
I think a deal that makes a lot of sense right now is Sprewell and Jackson for Nick Van Exel and Voshon Lenard. The fact is both teams need a change and either this one or one for Rasheed Wallace would best suit our team.

Also, how about Houston putting up 44 tonight? Good, but still not good enough.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
1/13/2002  1:12 AM
I read @ bskball.com that Miami was considering trading for LaFrentz or McDyess and giving Eddie Jones and/or Brian Grant. Well, I just felt it was time to reiterate my so called "trade to end all trades."
Knicks Get:
Van Exel, McDyess
Heat Get:
LaFrentz, Ward, Sprewell, 2nd Rounder of the Knicks
Nuggets Get:
Jones, Grant, Knicks First Rounder in 2003

This solves all the teams problems. The Knicks need to trade Spree now, his value is dropping incredibly with his lackluster effort the last several games now. The Nugs need they need to get rid of Quick Nick, which means McDyess is gone in the offseason, so they get a lot for both of them. Miami and more importantly Riley gets his two fav. players from NY in Spree and Ward, and LaFrentz, a quality young C/PF who he can use to start the rebuilding. Ah, in a perfect world, I think the Knicks would do this, rattle off 50 wins or so, be the #1, beat the Lakers in 7 @ MSG with an injured McDyess hobbling out of the gait in game 7 to win.

(IS ANYONE SEEING THE IMAGERY. MCDYESS=REED. NBA TITLE=ULTIMATEKNICKS.COM FORUMS NIRVANA)
#Knickstaps
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
1/13/2002  5:43 AM
No more first rounders, really I have to insist.
VG
Member: #68
Australia
1/13/2002  9:26 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

I read @ bskball.com that Miami was considering trading for LaFrentz or McDyess and giving Eddie Jones and/or Brian Grant. Well, I just felt it was time to reiterate my so called "trade to end all trades."
Knicks Get:
Van Exel, McDyess
Heat Get:
LaFrentz, Ward, Sprewell, 2nd Rounder of the Knicks
Nuggets Get:
Jones, Grant, Knicks First Rounder in 2003

This solves all the teams problems. The Knicks need to trade Spree now, his value is dropping incredibly with his lackluster effort the last several games now. The Nugs need they need to get rid of Quick Nick, which means McDyess is gone in the offseason, so they get a lot for both of them. Miami and more importantly Riley gets his two fav. players from NY in Spree and Ward, and LaFrentz, a quality young C/PF who he can use to start the rebuilding. Ah, in a perfect world, I think the Knicks would do this, rattle off 50 wins or so, be the #1, beat the Lakers in 7 @ MSG with an injured McDyess hobbling out of the gait in game 7 to win.

(IS ANYONE SEEING THE IMAGERY. MCDYESS=REED. NBA TITLE=ULTIMATEKNICKS.COM FORUMS NIRVANA)

I think the Heat would rather get McDyess and Van Exel then Spree and Ward. I just can't see the Heat and the Knicks helping each other.
Van Exel looking for trade, McDyess next?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy