[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Hindsight heroes speak up........Make your pick.
Author Thread
Nalod
Posts: 57754
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
6/18/2019  10:16 AM
You get one pick. Some of you spaghetti throwing hindsight geniuses will no doubt have the "I wanted playerX".....
Here is you shot. Pick the one dude you'd take at 6th that knicks should trade down for but will be better than the top three, say its Zion, Ja, Barrett.

One pick. not a bunch of dudes you like and then narrow it. You get one shot. No do overs, no range to pick....
In real time you only get 5 minutes.

Some of you liked Monk and Mitchell. Nope, you only get to pick one. We won't know the real answer for a few years, but at least you one shot for bragging rights. You can save the thread to your favorites and boast if you so choose. After all, its all about "being right", isn't it??

You don't show a fool a job half done!
AUTOADVERT
Rookie
Posts: 23631
Alba Posts: 28
Joined: 10/15/2008
Member: #2274

6/18/2019  10:42 AM
De’Andre Hunter all day long, if he’s still there at 6
Nalod
Posts: 57754
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
6/18/2019  11:39 AM
Rookie wrote:De’Andre Hunter all day long, if he’s still there at 6

So you think he'll be better than Ja or Barrett?

You don't show a fool a job half done!
Moonangie
Posts: 24463
Alba Posts: 5
Joined: 7/9/2009
Member: #2788

6/18/2019  12:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/18/2019  2:40 PM
Rookie wrote:De’Andre Hunter all day long, if he’s still there at 6

What do you mean at "6"? We have the #3 overall.

Chandler
Posts: 23437
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/26/2015
Member: #6197

6/18/2019  12:04 PM
Darius Garland
Martin: Hezonja will be in the NBA next year. Martin was right; I was wrong. :-(
GoNyGoNyGo
Posts: 23306
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/29/2003
Member: #411
USA
6/18/2019  12:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/18/2019  12:23 PM
At #3, I would be thrilled with Barret or Morant. I think they both offer star quality and will transform the team to a higher level this season and many many more. Both are future all-stars, IMO.

If both are available, Its very close and would come down to personality. Who has the winner attitude? Who will never quit trying to improve?

Nice article on KNicks Blog today abot RJ working on his shot and handle already.
https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/rj-barrett-has-been-working-on-these-two-facets-of-his-game-ahead-of-nba-draft/308220166

Ja has been out due to surgery. Wiht the ball in his hands, Ja is tough to deal with...real tough.

Damn - I think both are stars...but gut says Ja and trade DSJr or make 6th man. Ja makes everyone better is the edge.

EDIT - I actually think RJ is a better fit for the team as they have DSJ and maybe can get DLo Russell. Russell/Barret is a nice backcourt.

Yet another mistake by Dolan. When will it end?
Nalod
Posts: 57754
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
6/18/2019  12:23 PM
Moonangie wrote:
Rookie wrote:De’Andre Hunter all day long, if he’s still there at 6

What do you mean at "6"? We have the #3 overall.

Im doing the who is drafted after the 3 that we'll regret passing on. Like Donovan Mitchell. My point is fans like other guys and then think they could have done better. So here is the opportunity to do better and be accountable to some extent. Fun stuff. Guys are like "Yeah, I liked Monk and Mitchell, it was dumb to take frank...."

You don't show a fool a job half done!
Marv
Posts: 34731
Alba Posts: 69
Joined: 9/2/2002
Member: #315
6/18/2019  1:01 PM
Nalod wrote:
Moonangie wrote:
Rookie wrote:De’Andre Hunter all day long, if he’s still there at 6

What do you mean at "6"? We have the #3 overall.

Im doing the who is drafted after the 3 that we'll regret passing on. Like Donovan Mitchell. My point is fans like other guys and then think they could have done better. So here is the opportunity to do better and be accountable to some extent. Fun stuff. Guys are like "Yeah, I liked Monk and Mitchell, it was dumb to take frank...."

really you heard it with monk? i definitely heard it with mitchell but the other guy i heard it with was ironically dsj.

“This board has become a repository for mentally unstable attention seekers. Or gimmick posters.” - sebstar
smackeddog
Posts: 34181
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
6/18/2019  1:02 PM
Nalod wrote:You get one pick. Some of you spaghetti throwing hindsight geniuses will no doubt have the "I wanted playerX".....
Here is you shot. Pick the one dude you'd take at 6th that knicks should trade down for but will be better than the top three, say its Zion, Ja, Barrett.

One pick. not a bunch of dudes you like and then narrow it. You get one shot. No do overs, no range to pick....
In real time you only get 5 minutes.

Some of you liked Monk and Mitchell. Nope, you only get to pick one. We won't know the real answer for a few years, but at least you one shot for bragging rights. You can save the thread to your favorites and boast if you so choose. After all, its all about "being right", isn't it??

Can we come back and edit our posts next year if we're spectacularly wrong?

SupremeCommander
Posts: 32710
Alba Posts: 35
Joined: 4/28/2006
Member: #1127

6/18/2019  1:02 PM
I want RJ
Cartman718 said: Is Fiz going to write Zion on the board during the timeout
smackeddog
Posts: 34181
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
6/18/2019  1:03 PM
Chandler wrote:Darius Garland

I'm glad we got a workout with him- he's the only player I'd consider over RJ, but don't have enough info to decide!

SupremeCommander
Posts: 32710
Alba Posts: 35
Joined: 4/28/2006
Member: #1127

6/18/2019  1:03 PM
Rookie wrote:De’Andre Hunter all day long, if he’s still there at 6

He's Robert Horry 2.0 imho so yes I agree with this

Cartman718 said: Is Fiz going to write Zion on the board during the timeout
Nalod
Posts: 57754
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
6/18/2019  1:05 PM
Marv wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Moonangie wrote:
Rookie wrote:De’Andre Hunter all day long, if he’s still there at 6

What do you mean at "6"? We have the #3 overall.

Im doing the who is drafted after the 3 that we'll regret passing on. Like Donovan Mitchell. My point is fans like other guys and then think they could have done better. So here is the opportunity to do better and be accountable to some extent. Fun stuff. Guys are like "Yeah, I liked Monk and Mitchell, it was dumb to take frank...."

really you heard it with monk? i definitely heard it with mitchell but the other guy i heard it with was ironically dsj.

Early on Monk talk was loud. Not sure the guy is cooked yet. But the idea was he'd replace Kemba?

You don't show a fool a job half done!
SupremeCommander
Posts: 32710
Alba Posts: 35
Joined: 4/28/2006
Member: #1127

6/18/2019  1:06 PM
I see Nickeil Alexander-Walker has fallen in a lot of mocks. I think that's insane. He can play. VT was great this year and a lot of that had to do with him (and Blackshear, and whenever he comes out I really want him)
Cartman718 said: Is Fiz going to write Zion on the board during the timeout
SupremeCommander
Posts: 32710
Alba Posts: 35
Joined: 4/28/2006
Member: #1127

6/18/2019  1:06 PM
so sorry for 18 names, but those are some of my favorites in the draft from a "value" perspective
Cartman718 said: Is Fiz going to write Zion on the board during the timeout
Sangfroid
Posts: 24538
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/7/2009
Member: #2784

6/18/2019  1:17 PM
Cam Johnson from UNC. Pro jumpshot. Needs to hit the weight room.
"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
Moonangie
Posts: 24463
Alba Posts: 5
Joined: 7/9/2009
Member: #2788

6/18/2019  2:41 PM
Garland would be my guess.
Uptown
Posts: 27781
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 4/1/2008
Member: #1883

6/18/2019  2:46 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Chandler wrote:Darius Garland

I'm glad we got a workout with him- he's the only player I'd consider over RJ, but don't have enough info to decide!

Garland is the goods! I would still take RJ, but Garland is really good. Knee injury hurt his draft stock a little.

Chandler
Posts: 23437
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/26/2015
Member: #6197

6/18/2019  2:59 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Nalod wrote:You get one pick. Some of you spaghetti throwing hindsight geniuses will no doubt have the "I wanted playerX".....
Here is you shot. Pick the one dude you'd take at 6th that knicks should trade down for but will be better than the top three, say its Zion, Ja, Barrett.

One pick. not a bunch of dudes you like and then narrow it. You get one shot. No do overs, no range to pick....
In real time you only get 5 minutes.

Some of you liked Monk and Mitchell. Nope, you only get to pick one. We won't know the real answer for a few years, but at least you one shot for bragging rights. You can save the thread to your favorites and boast if you so choose. After all, its all about "being right", isn't it??

Can we come back and edit our posts next year if we're spectacularly wrong?

Briggs 2.0

Martin: Hezonja will be in the NBA next year. Martin was right; I was wrong. :-(
Uptown
Posts: 27781
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 4/1/2008
Member: #1883

6/18/2019  3:50 PM
I think RJ can be an allstar in this league....But, I think Ja has the ability to be an all time player.
Hindsight heroes speak up........Make your pick.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.