[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Julius Randle would look REALLY good next to Mitch
Author Thread
TheGame
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1154
USA
6/18/2019  12:48 PM
Randall would be THJR all over again, i.e. Paying big money for a defensively challenged mid tier player. If we don't get KD or Leonard, then I say we only use our cap space to facilitate trades and acquire draft picks. Use this year to really see what we have in Knox, Trier, Dotson, Mitch, and Barrett
Trust the Process
AUTOADVERT
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

6/18/2019  1:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/18/2019  1:07 PM
TheGame wrote:Randall would be THJR all over again, i.e. Paying big money for a defensively challenged mid tier player. If we don't get KD or Leonard, then I say we only use our cap space to facilitate trades and acquire draft picks. Use this year to really see what we have in Knox, Trier, Dotson, Mitch, and Barrett

I think this is inaccurate. THJ has 1 13.5 PER for his career. Last year he was 13.6. When we signed him he was a 15.2, which is basically average.

Julius Randle has a career PER of 17.7. Last year he was a 21.0. Al Horford had a 20.2. Randle will be 25 years old. I think Randolph gets better.

I think this guy is a journeyman through no fault of his own. The Lakers jettisoned one all-star for LBJ, possibly two. The possible all star imho is getting jettisoned by a team that is gutting its roster two build around Zion. I think Julius Randle is a lot better than most are giving him credit for. Randle had 1.9 defensive win shares. By comparison, KP had DWS of 2.9, 2.1, and 1.8. Yes, injuries are a huge piece of that but Randolph is pretty available and healthy

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
6/18/2019  1:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/18/2019  1:17 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
TheGame wrote:Randall would be THJR all over again, i.e. Paying big money for a defensively challenged mid tier player. If we don't get KD or Leonard, then I say we only use our cap space to facilitate trades and acquire draft picks. Use this year to really see what we have in Knox, Trier, Dotson, Mitch, and Barrett

I think this is inaccurate. THJ has 1 13.5 PER for his career. Last year he was 13.6. When we signed him he was a 15.2, which is basically average.

Julius Randle has a career PER of 17.7. Last year he was a 21.0. Al Horford had a 20.2. Randle will be 25 years old. I think Randolph gets better.

I think this guy is a journeyman through no fault of his own. The Lakers jettisoned one all-star for LBJ, possibly two. The possible all star imho is getting jettisoned by a team that is gutting its roster two build around Zion. I think Julius Randle is a lot better than most are giving him credit for. Randle had 1.9 defensive win shares. By comparison, KP had DWS of 2.9, 2.1, and 1.8. Yes, injuries are a huge piece of that but Randolph is pretty available and healthy

I will give you this, Randall is a better player than Hardaway was when we signed him. I guess it really depends on how much Randall costs. If we can sign him for $15-$16 mill a year, then It would be a solid deal. If we have to pay him $23-$25 mill a year, I don't know that he is worth that much.

Trust the Process
SupremeCommander

6/18/2019  1:27 PM
TheGame wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

I will give you this, Randall is a better player than Hardaway was when we signed him. I guess it really depends on how much Randall costs. If we can sign him for $15-$16 mill a year, then It would be a solid deal. If we have to pay him $23-$25 mill a year, I don't know that he is worth that much.

I'm with you there. I don't want to bet the farm on the guy because he doesn't deserve that. I think adding a guy like him allows you to sign two other higher than average players who are not worth the max but more than the MLE. to me that it's the true appeal of adding someone like Randle

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/18/2019  1:38 PM
I want guys at fair values that are good enough to be traded if we need to improve upon or better yet thru the draft promote based on merit.

Chemistry matters, Randle played next to Davis. Did that help him?

SupremeCommander

6/18/2019  2:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/18/2019  2:02 PM
Nalod wrote:I want guys at fair values that are good enough to be traded if we need to improve upon or better yet thru the draft promote based on merit.

so I did some quick math. You tell me.

AD played 56 games. So I averaged games 57 to 82 for Julius Randle.

He had 49.0 FG%, 29.9 3P%, 70.28% FT%, 7.5 RPG, 3.58 APG, 0.88 SPG, 0.67 BPG, 3.4 TO, and 24.42 PPG

I think he definitely benefited by playing alongside AD but I think how he played when AD quit shows that Randle has talent himself. If anyone that thinks he sucks and has a better argument against him than I have laid out for why he would make sense, please, I am all ears

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/18/2019  4:58 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Nalod wrote:I want guys at fair values that are good enough to be traded if we need to improve upon or better yet thru the draft promote based on merit.

so I did some quick math. You tell me.

AD played 56 games. So I averaged games 57 to 82 for Julius Randle.

He had 49.0 FG%, 29.9 3P%, 70.28% FT%, 7.5 RPG, 3.58 APG, 0.88 SPG, 0.67 BPG, 3.4 TO, and 24.42 PPG

I think he definitely benefited by playing alongside AD but I think how he played when AD quit shows that Randle has talent himself. If anyone that thinks he sucks and has a better argument against him than I have laid out for why he would make sense, please, I am all ears

Im thinking any FO will drill deeper into the stats and consider chemistry when considering a signing. Not that it works as they hope, but they try. I have more faith in the 30 NBA FO's than any of us when considering players.
And again, not that it always works. Often it fails for reasons we did not consider, but it fails never the less.
Randle is a talent. I have more faith in our FO then I have in years. At least it will be well thought out!!!!
If its Russell and Randle, That's ok as long as the objective of them being of good value and have trade value if we need to.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/18/2019  7:17 PM
TheGame wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

Depends on the length of the deal. I would consider 2 years 35. The only problem I have with Randle is shooting. I would like a little more shooting at the 4 because Mitchell can't shoot a lick
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Welpee
Member: #6239

6/18/2019  7:48 PM
TheGame wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

And keep in mind, we have to spend money on somebody to reach the salary cap floor. Hopefully we don't commit long term to any mid-tier players but we have to sign somebody, right?
Kemet
Member: #6148

6/18/2019  8:18 PM

If Nets sign Kyrie .. I could see the new Lebron & AD Lakers going after Russell & Randle in the offseason to save-face for the organization.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
6/18/2019  8:19 PM
Kemet wrote:
If Nets sign Kyrie .. I could see the new Lebron & AD Lakers going after Russell & Randle in the offseason to save-face for the organization.

That would be must-see TV right there.

Knicks_Fan
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/18/2019  8:35 PM
Kemet wrote:

Dont think they have the space to sign those 2....Lakers need to go after 3&D guys...Trevor Ariza, Danny Green and Patrick Beverly would be at the top of my list if i were the Lakers.

knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
6/19/2019  10:42 AM
I'd prefer we sign some high character vets. Randle is for a contending team that needs some rebounding help and girth. If we are trying to win we need shooting the most. Randle is not a leader and is not a shooter, there's no point in signing him at all.
Rose is not the answer.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/19/2019  11:07 AM
Would only be interested in a 2 year deal. Dont see him as a long term solution. Would rather sign Kanter for a couple of seasons. Wont happen though.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
6/19/2019  11:12 AM
I kind of see Randle as a bit of Draymond Green with more offensive polish and a lot less defense. He passes well enough to help run the offense from the interior. His assist average this past season (3.1) would have been third best on the team and around what you got out of Knox, Mitchell Robinson, and Kanter combined!

I’d say his defense is on par or better than what we had last year and playmaking is an order of magnitude better. He’d help Fizdale’s offense work better.

There are some interesting choices to be made by the FO.

Can we score Durant without a second max player? Can we fill out the rest of the roster with a group of decent 2nd/3rd tire free agents?

Like Randle and Deandre Jordan to provide some pro depth at the big man positions.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/19/2019  11:12 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/19/2019  11:14 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Would only be interested in a 2 year deal. Dont see him as a long term solution. Would rather sign Kanter for a couple of seasons. Wont happen though.

Agreed with the 2 year deal for Randle...disagree with Kanter. no need to revisit that again. if we need a back up center on a cheap deal, would much rather sign Jordan...He had more of a positive impact on our roster, particularly Robinson....Kanter was a bit of a disrupter before he got traded.

smackeddog
Member: #883
6/19/2019  12:32 PM
How come everyone said don't sign Khris Middleton for the max, but they're all in on Randle and D-Lo?! Khris is better than both as he's a better shooter and defender, I'd rather max him than D-Lo or Randle
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/19/2019  3:11 PM
What do you guys think of Bobby Portis as a cheaper alternative? I think he'd fit good next to Mitch.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/19/2019  3:32 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:What do you guys think of Bobby Portis as a cheaper alternative? I think he'd fit good next to Mitch.

He’s meant to be a horrific defender

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/19/2019  3:54 PM
smackeddog wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:What do you guys think of Bobby Portis as a cheaper alternative? I think he'd fit good next to Mitch.

He’s meant to be a horrific defender

Yeah, but he's also more of a floor space than Randle at this point.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Julius Randle would look REALLY good next to Mitch

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy