[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

AD traded to Lakers
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
6/16/2019  3:07 AM
Holy crap, those pick details for the Lakers are HORRIFIC:

future picks going to the Pelicans include a 2021 pick that will go to New Orleans if it is in the top eight in that year's draft -- and will become an unprotected pick in 2022 if it isn't -- sources told ESPN's Tim Bontemps.

In addition, the deal includes a pick swap in 2023, which is unprotected, as well as an unprotected first-round pick in 2024 that the Pelicans will have the right to defer until 2025, sources told Bontemps.

So basically an unprotected first in 2022, an unprotected 1st in 2023 (via swap) and an unprotected pick in 2024 which can be changed to 2025 if the Pels want to. In this new draft system, not protecting your first's is madness.

AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
6/16/2019  6:29 AM
Wonder if this will impact Kawhi's decision to go to the clips
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
6/16/2019  7:15 AM
Lebron saved basketball in New Orleans
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/16/2019  8:56 AM
He had a list of teams he’d resign with. I expect he’ll honor to do so with Lakers. WOuld have in NY.
Glad we did not do that deal. As said, we paid a big price for the cap space to move KP. If a deal involving KP was not to be, then its bet we stay on course.

I do like the idea of signing Russell. And Kawhi!!! LOL!!

stanleybostitch
Member: #1071

6/16/2019  9:09 AM
TPercy wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
TPercy wrote:Frank and #3 for Ingram and #4 do you do it?
Absolutely but Ingram could be the prize of that trade. I think he blossoms away from LBJ.

My thoughts exactly. Rj and Zion get to continue their development together establishing themselves as the cornerstones of NO and we get a guy whose getting exponentially better and a lotto pick.

I would push for one of the Lakers picks as well, and throw in DSJr if needed. But Y, we maximize assets and who's to say that Garland or Hunter are not just as good as Barrett.

The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
smackeddog
6/16/2019  9:17 AM
Pelicans need outside shooting - they should draft Garland with the 4th pick and see if they can move lonzo to the suns or Bulls for their pick and draft DeAndre Hunter
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
6/16/2019  10:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/16/2019  10:50 AM
Once again Knicks FO shows they can't play with the big Boys.

Our young guys have no value, we have manage to sink the value of most of the youngs on this team, especially Knox and frank.

That's why I laugh when some of you say we should keep developing the kids....

Some of you also don't realize that we have a very in experience FO, their plan is crumbling every step of the way.

1)the Hezonja experiment was a waste

2) Fiz is not a good head coach

3)you were forced to trade your Best Player

4)tanked for the #3 pick along with tanking the value of everybody on the roster, In the process your young players have develop a host of bad habit

5)After more hype than Zion, the knicks getting a KD and Kyrie combo is about as Likely as Ewing becoming the Knicks next Head coach.
6)The lakers out bid you in your quest for AD because you had no real chips to play with .

The only good news is that they can still redeem themselves, but it's hard to be optimistic at this point

ES
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

6/16/2019  1:22 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Once again Knicks FO shows they can't play with the big Boys.

Our young guys have no value, we have manage to sink the value of most of the youngs on this team, especially Knox and frank.

Some of you also don't realize that we have a very in experience FO, their plan is crumbling every step of the way.

4)tanked for the #3 pick along with tanking the value of everybody on the roster, In the process your young players have develop a host of bad habit

5)After more hype than Zion, the knicks getting a KD and Kyrie combo is about as Likely as Ewing becoming the Knicks next Head coach.
6)The lakers out bid you in your quest for AD because you had no real chips to play with .

The only good news is that they can still redeem themselves, but it's hard to be optimistic at this point

Knicks did the right thing for a change. Let Lakers mortgage their future. Lebron is starting to break down and Davis although a great player is very injury prone.
smackeddog
6/16/2019  1:41 PM

Hey, could you remind me how the lakers landed Lonzo and Ingram? Because you oppose tanking and rebuilding via the draft, so those two must have been picked up via free agency, right? Thanks!

StarksEwing1

6/16/2019  1:48 PM
smackeddog wrote:

Hey, could you remind me how the lakers landed Lonzo and Ingram? Because you oppose tanking and rebuilding via the draft, so those two must have been picked up via free agency, right? Thanks!

LOL Exactly. He doesnt believe in building through the draft. I mean thats basically how the Warriors became a super team even before KD got there. Spurs also built primarily through the draft
smackeddog
6/16/2019  1:58 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

LOL Exactly. He doesnt believe in building through the draft. I mean thats basically how the Warriors became a super team even before KD got there. Spurs also built primarily through the draft

Yep, you have to wonder how he thinks all the stars, KD, AD, LeBron, Curry, came into the league in the first place

StarksEwing1

6/16/2019  2:07 PM
smackeddog wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Yep, you have to wonder how he thinks all the stars, KD, AD, LeBron, Curry, came into the league in the first place

Absolutely. Look im not saying we should be jumping up and down excited right now BUT im glad we arent making a stupid panic move mortgaging our future that we have dont too many times in the past. As for free agency I still think good times can happen. If not im still open to taking back a contract to gain more assets. With the new draft rules having multiple first round picks in the lottery can be a great thing.
bigjeep8
Member: #3297

6/16/2019  2:33 PM
Building through the draft is a lot tougher then a few years back. We had the worst record in the league and we are not getting Zion or Ja!
StarksEwing1

6/16/2019  2:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/16/2019  2:38 PM
bigjeep8 wrote:Building through the draft is a lot tougher then a few years back. We had the worst record in the league and we are not getting Zion or Ja!
So we are getting Barrett who is damn good and was long considered the top pick. You dont need to win the lottery to build through the draft. Curry was not the first overall pick neither was klay thompson, draymond green, the Greek freak, etc. Its a better plan then getting absolutely robbed by the Pelicans
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/16/2019  2:56 PM
smackeddog wrote:Pelicans need outside shooting - they should draft Garland with the 4th pick and see if they can move lonzo to the suns or Bulls for their pick and draft DeAndre Hunter

Lonzo don't have that kind of value. The thing with Lonzo, if he reaches his potential, is that he's a guy who can blend into all sorts of backcourt combos. The Pelicans could just draft Garland anyway

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fwk00
Member: #6048

6/16/2019  3:04 PM

Your posts are so off the tracks that I'm compelled to respond despite the fact that it all falls on your deaf ears.

#1) Hezonja was a calculated risk, nothing more, nothing less.

#2) Fizz is at least guilty of hubris. He [and the FO] never imagined that we'd be in the position we are now in. Instead of implementing a system [any system], the Knicks wasted a year playing horse. That benefited no one and only made our players look incompetent. I mention this only because the meme that the Knicks were not offering the Pels fine talent are misinformed.

Fizz is just the latest in a line of good coaches trapped by circumstances beyond their control. Should he start wining, he will be considered a much better coach.

#3) Our best players remain with the team. The team cancer was surgically removed for superior assets.

#4) I can't argue too loudly on this one. I wasn't happy with "the process".

#5) Not getting Kyrie would be a godsend. Signing KD ensures another half decade of mediocrity. WTF are you complaining about?

#6) The Lakers outbid themselves in acquiring AD. Hats off to them. WE had the assets AND the common sense not to overbid on AD. The Knicks were just being used as a negotiating counterpoint as usual. *THIS* is an NBA shame. By treating the Knicks as a favorite whipping post, the fans are punished - the team makes plenty of money.

knicks1248
6/17/2019  8:18 AM
smackeddog wrote:

the lakers draft and develop better than the knicks

ES
knicks1248
6/17/2019  8:23 AM
fwk00 wrote:

Your posts are so off the tracks that I'm compelled to respond despite the fact that it all falls on your deaf ears.

#1) Hezonja was a calculated risk, nothing more, nothing less.

#2) Fizz is at least guilty of hubris. He [and the FO] never imagined that we'd be in the position we are now in. Instead of implementing a system [any system], the Knicks wasted a year playing horse. That benefited no one and only made our players look incompetent. I mention this only because the meme that the Knicks were not offering the Pels fine talent are misinformed.

Fizz is just the latest in a line of good coaches trapped by circumstances beyond their control. Should he start wining, he will be considered a much better coach.

#3) Our best players remain with the team. The team cancer was surgically removed for superior assets.

#4) I can't argue too loudly on this one. I wasn't happy with "the process".

#5) Not getting Kyrie would be a godsend. Signing KD ensures another half decade of mediocrity. WTF are you complaining about?

#6) The Lakers outbid themselves in acquiring AD. Hats off to them. WE had the assets AND the common sense not to overbid on AD. The Knicks were just being used as a negotiating counterpoint as usual. *THIS* is an NBA shame. By treating the Knicks as a favorite whipping post, the fans are punished - the team makes plenty of money.

our best players would barely make the rotation on a good team..get real dude

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/17/2019  9:12 AM
You can carry the past into the future be certain of your self.
Or,,,,,,,
You can imagine what might be. A certain future is not possible.
It’s not about being “right or wrong”, its about the journey!
Chandler
Member: #6197

6/17/2019  11:22 AM
Price was simply way too high for AD

The irony is that AD is getting a lot of grief for what he did (demanding trade_ but look how NOLA benefitted from that approach as opposed to KD walking away from OKC who got nothing

There's a very good chance the Lakers will be good next year but they have a lot of holes to fill now.

I am also not at all enthused by Lonzo (and we complain about Frank's shot) and Ingram (guy will always get pushed around)

(5)(5)
AD traded to Lakers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy