[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Delusional Phil
Author Thread
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

6/14/2019  8:18 PM
Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton to Dallas for Jose Calderon, Samuel Dalembert, Wayne Ellington, Shane Larkin, and two second-round picks (Cleanthony Early and Thanasis Antetokounmpo)

Iman Shumpert and J.R. Smith to Cleveland for Lance Thomas (via OKC), Lou Amundson, Alex Kirk and Cavs’ 2019 second-round pick

Wayne Ellington and Jeremy Tyler to Sacramento for Quincy Acy and Travis Outlaw
Travis Outlaw, 2019 second-round pick and swap rights on 2018 second-rounder to Philadelphia for Arnett Moultrie

Drafted: Cleanthony Early (No. 34) and Thanasis Antetokounmpo (No. 51)

In comparison Perry looks like Houdini

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
Cartman718

6/14/2019  8:21 PM
And I don’t care to list his positive signings because they’re all negated singlehandedly by the Joakim Noah signing
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/14/2019  9:05 PM
Dude you are Knicks ptsd’ing
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/14/2019  9:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/14/2019  9:12 PM
Didnt have a problem with the JR/Shump trade. Have to remember how toxic Smith's rep was at the time. Even on a contender, and LeBron on the squad, JR had a meltdown in their first playoff run for a spinning punch to who I forget. Was suspended. Lost another finals game on a mental error No one wanted him. Shump was used to help make the deal more palatable.

Mixed bag with draft picks, like a lot of execs. Willy made the all rookie team, the talent was there, but so was Willy's sense of entitlement. First thing he said he would do in the offseason, was work on his D. Came back looking worse.

KP wasnt a bad pick. The talent is definitely there. Like with Willy, he thought what little he had done in the league to this point, was enough to cop a major attitude. Understood the frustration with mgmt. Handled it poorly.

Most of the moves that were made were lateral moves, because of the cap. It was mostly a waste of time because of the quest to find players to fit an antiquated system.

As you said Cartman, what really did the Knicks in was Noah, as well as Rose joining the team. Chemistry got worse. Phil got jealous of seeing the teams and players he tweeted negatively about in the playoffs, and he wasnt. Maxing out Melo and giving him an NTC was a close second.

Believe if one image summed up Jackson's tenure. It was Phil sleeping while a draft pick was working out. Just collecting a paycheck. What bothered me was this was not just another cellar dwelling expansion team, this was the team where he got his start, won a title for the first time. Where he learned from his mentor Red Holzman. Thought he showed the Knicks, and the fans very little respect, especially after getting paid that mega salary.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/14/2019  9:28 PM
You guys got it all wrong Phil is the victim here. It’s the ESPN cronies that screwed his tenure up. People got on the bandwagon and that was that. They do that a lot with NY teams. They did the same with Gettleman on the Giants too. Phil’s only mistakes was Noah’s contract and Melo who had Steven A smith and all f’ing cronies at espn hoodwinked.

He tried his f’ing best with the shyt show he inherited. You guys are to dense to see that Mills to this date is carrying out Phil’s plan of action. What did he say before the Melo fiasco. It better for Melo to go somewhere else. The Knicks are a rebuilding team.

fwk00
Member: #6048

6/14/2019  10:42 PM
Vmart wrote:You guys got it all wrong Phil is the victim here. It’s the ESPN cronies that screwed his tenure up. People got on the bandwagon and that was that. They do that a lot with NY teams. They did the same with Gettleman on the Giants too. Phil’s only mistakes was Noah’s contract and Melo who had Steven A smith and all f’ing cronies at espn hoodwinked.

He tried his f’ing best with the shyt show he inherited. You guys are to dense to see that Mills to this date is carrying out Phil’s plan of action. What did he say before the Melo fiasco. It better for Melo to go somewhere else. The Knicks are a rebuilding team.

Thank you. Phil sacrificed his relationship with Jeannie to serve the Knicks. He did a fine job considering the cluster-muck he inherited.

It must be a cold, lonely night at the haters club to be throwing shade on Phil. If you think Noah/Rose were bad acquisitions then you won't complain signing Durant for four years. You ain't seen a money sink that big in a while.

GustavBahler

6/14/2019  11:12 PM
fwk00 wrote:
Vmart wrote:You guys got it all wrong Phil is the victim here. It’s the ESPN cronies that screwed his tenure up. People got on the bandwagon and that was that. They do that a lot with NY teams. They did the same with Gettleman on the Giants too. Phil’s only mistakes was Noah’s contract and Melo who had Steven A smith and all f’ing cronies at espn hoodwinked.

Thank you. Phil sacrificed his relationship with Jeannie to serve the Knicks. He did a fine job considering the cluster-muck he inherited.

It must be a cold, lonely night at the haters club to be throwing shade on Phil. If you think Noah/Rose were bad acquisitions then you won't complain signing Durant for four years. You ain't seen a money sink that big in a while.

If Cartman has PTSD, you two have Stockholm Syndrome, lol It was a **** show, and Phil was the president. 80-166 what part of that did you two miss? Worst record in franchise history mean anything?

Hiring a player to be the head coach, who was still playing, who had never coached a day in his life, for one reason alone.. The Triangle. Look where that lead. Cross country diversions.

Rose had a PG rating lower than G-leaguers, in the hundreds. He mostly called his own number. Went AWOL, got hurt.. again, and you call that success? Lopez was a better player and teammate and a relative bargain of a contract.

Just scratching the surface of how bad Phil was. I dont see any criticism of Phil to be acceptable by you two, even if it includes mentioning the positive. Boomer fanboys.

nychamp
Member: #2556

6/15/2019  9:17 AM
What year are we in again?
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
6/15/2019  11:49 AM
fwk00 wrote:

Cartman718

6/15/2019  12:44 PM
nychamp wrote:What year are we in again?
We are in 2019 and maybe it’s the fact I have to choose between sleeping and draft watch on June 20, but definitely no ptsd here. Just went to Duomo di Milano and prayed to the basketball gods for draft night lol

People are talking on here as well as Twitter about how much bad the Knicks FO is and Knicks are a bad org etc, but what moves has Perry made that were bad really. I’m trying to say that Perry is doing a phenomenal job so far and he is light years ahead in that dept compare to Phil who was supposed to save this franchise from Dolan and all the other crap moves we had in the previous eras.

The whole fan base including myself were psyched about Phil’s signing that he can’t do no wrong but he proved that his old self like hornacek and brown are not cut out for today’s nba management. All the Jerry Sloan’s of the nba are done.

Maybe I should have titled the thread Perry light years ahead of Phil. This fan base better recognize that before calling Perry out. Phil would have signed Vucevic to a 5 year max or some **** like that this offseason or Marcus Morris to a Noah style deal

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
6/15/2019  1:54 PM
Why is this relevant right now? Slow news day?
Knicks_Fan
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

6/15/2019  10:59 PM
Yet had they listened to him and traded Porzingis when he suggested it, the Knicks would have had two major league talents right now. Instead the Knicks get DSJ. A player that is questionable to be a starter on a good team.

The problem was not Phil.

It remains the same.

Dolan and Mills. Mills knows nothing about building a basketball team or winning at the NBA level. Zilch.

GustavBahler

6/15/2019  11:03 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Yet had they listened to him and traded Porzingis when he suggested it, the Knicks would have had two major league talents right now. Instead the Knicks get DSJ. A player that is questionable to be a starter on a good team.

It remains the same.

Dolan and Mills. Mills knows nothing about building a basketball team or winning at the NBA level. Zilch.

Phil wanted Markhanen, who has his own health problems. Neither of them handled the situation well.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/15/2019  11:19 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Yet had they listened to him and traded Porzingis when he suggested it, the Knicks would have had two major league talents right now. Instead the Knicks get DSJ. A player that is questionable to be a starter on a good team.

It remains the same.

The Knicks got rid of two bad contracts including one that Phil gave out. The Nets needed to move two firsts to get off Crabbe's deal for one year. Tim had two years and Lee had one. They also got two firsts including an unprotected first. Phil's b.s. is a big part of why KP didn't trust the organization. The pissing contest with KP was a bad look by a guy that made a ton of mistakes when he ran the team.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

6/15/2019  11:35 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

It remains the same.

Phil wanted Markhanen, who has his own health problems. Neither of them handled the situation well.

I rather have Lauri and Booker, than DSJ.

Knicks fans can keep fooling themselves. Few months ago everyone dreaming about Zion, KD, Kyrie.
I'm tired.
I want a good team that has a chance to win a ring. It seemingly never happens. Oh well.

GustavBahler

6/15/2019  11:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/15/2019  11:47 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

It remains the same.

Knicks fans can keep fooling themselves. Few months ago everyone dreaming about Zion, KD, Kyrie.
I'm tired.
I want a good team that has a chance to win a ring. It seemingly never happens. Oh well.

Would rather have a healthy DSjr, and two max slots. Your way, we are a first round playoff exit, if we're lucky, and little cap room to maneuver. We wouldnt even be entertaining the possibility of bringing two elite players to the Knicks without this trade.

Almost forgot the 2 first rounders.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/16/2019  12:27 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

It remains the same.

I'm tired.

The source for those speculated trades was Berman.
Why wouldn’t Knick fans hope for the first pick? At least they assured they would get a top 5 pick. With a 14 % of getting Zion did anyone on this board say they expected Zion? I think most expected the 5th pick.
Did anything change regarding KD when his Achilles ruptured? If the Knicks get KD now do you think it is a good move? Have teams with the most cap space and the most picks turned that into something positive?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
6/16/2019  4:31 AM

It remains the same.

Phil also created the problem with KP. And the trade was not primarily for DSJ. Since you didnt follow the trade I'll inform you we got 2 draft picks and cleared salary.
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

6/16/2019  6:23 AM
We're coming up on what is the most exciting time of the year for a Knicks fan and people are still biotching about Phil 2 years after he's gone? Thank him that you still have this year's pick then let it go man....
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/16/2019  8:44 AM
Phil wanted to trade KP and would have gotten a better price for him give it was pre ACL.
Hindsight gives us a better look. I think Phil understood KP to be a problem when he skipped the exit meeting.
More likely there were other things than that. Small things, but a sign of things to come? I am speculating.
Phil very early did not believe in KP’s health long term. Add it up, PHil might have redeemed himself although we would have blasted him for things we could not see at the time.
Delusional Phil

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy