randle- 4 yr contract
Cousins- 1+1

dsj
trier
dotson/Brazdeikis
knox
mitch

those are the type of vets you put around your barret

0% chance Butler accepts a 3 year deal, especially at this point of his career. It’s either full max or go to hell for him.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
6/25/2019  9:30 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:brogdon- 3yr contract
barret
jimmy butler-3 yrs
randle- 4 yr contract
Cousins- 1+1

dsj
trier
dotson/Brazdeikis
knox
mitch

0% chance Butler accepts a 3 year deal, especially at this point of his career. It’s either full max or go to hell for him.

Your probably right, but Nobody on earth expected Cousins to take a 5 mill offer from GSW..so you never know..

ES
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
6/25/2019  9:31 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
barret
jimmy butler-3 yrs
randle- 4 yr contract
Cousins- 1+1

dsj
trier
dotson/Brazdeikis
knox
mitch

plus how are you ever going to get brogdon, butler, randle and cousins for $74M.

and i'm SURE this was an oversight but you forgot frank.....

Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
6/25/2019  10:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/25/2019  10:03 AM
I think i'm staying away from Randle. I don't like the Randle/Robinson fit and i don't want to commit to a true big man at 20+ a year. The one B list FA i consider is Tobias Harris. Still only 26 years old, can shoot the 3 at a high level and not a bad defender. A line-up of Smith, Barrett, Knox, Harris, and Robinson gives you growth opportunity at every position and with proper development that can be a playoff team in a year or 2. We would still have 40+ mil in cap room even paying Harris the max, and all of our assets and flexibility moving forward to build on that team. It's not a real popular opinion but i love Harris' fit with the core group we have now. If not Harris, i still like Marcus Morris as a player of a similar mold to Harris, but obviously a step down.

C Robinson
PF Harris or Morris
SF Knox
SG Barrett
PG Smith

Bench: Dotson, Trier, Vonleh (re-sign), Allen, Brazdeikis, Kornet, 1 year vets

IR: KD, or maintain entirety of cap space.

dwiley20
Member: #5755

6/25/2019  10:03 AM
Knixkik wrote:I think i'm staying away from Randle. I don't like the Randle/Robinson fit and i don't want to commit to a true big man at 20+ a year. The one B list FA i consider is Tobias Harris. Still only 26 years old, can shoot the 3 at a high level and not a bad defender. A line-up of Smith, Barrett, Knox, Harris, and Robinson gives you growth opportunity at every position and with proper development that can be a playoff team in a year or 2. We would still have 40+ mil in cap room even paying Harris the max, and all of our assets and flexibility moving forward to build on that team. It's not a real popular opinion but i love Harris' fit with the core group we have now.

Yea I don't want a true power forward to go along with Robinson....that's bad for today's. Game..need shooters...but you can play small ball with Randle at the 5 but also I like Vonleh...he can shoot and defend

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/25/2019  10:04 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
barret
jimmy butler-3 yrs
randle- 4 yr contract
Cousins- 1+1

dsj
trier
dotson/Brazdeikis
knox
mitch

Your probably right, but Nobody on earth expected Cousins to take a 5 mill offer from GSW..so you never know..

Yes, from GS. His value probably couldn’t be any lower right now and he has a chance to make his value sky rocket to Saturn with no Durant and Klay. If he can help GS get to the playoffs, he will get a max deal next Summer.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
6/25/2019  10:05 AM
dwiley20 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:I think i'm staying away from Randle. I don't like the Randle/Robinson fit and i don't want to commit to a true big man at 20+ a year. The one B list FA i consider is Tobias Harris. Still only 26 years old, can shoot the 3 at a high level and not a bad defender. A line-up of Smith, Barrett, Knox, Harris, and Robinson gives you growth opportunity at every position and with proper development that can be a playoff team in a year or 2. We would still have 40+ mil in cap room even paying Harris the max, and all of our assets and flexibility moving forward to build on that team. It's not a real popular opinion but i love Harris' fit with the core group we have now.

Yea I don't want a true power forward to go along with Robinson....that's bad for today's. Game..need shooters...but you can play small ball with Randle at the 5 but also I like Vonleh...he can shoot and defend

I agree with you. I added a few things to my original post. I like Vonleh off the bench to play the 4/5 if we can get him back for a reasonable cost. Otherwise i want to add a stretch 4.

Allanfan20
USA
6/25/2019  10:06 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
barret
jimmy butler-3 yrs
randle- 4 yr contract
Cousins- 1+1

dsj
trier
dotson/Brazdeikis
knox
mitch

Yes, from GS. His value probably couldn’t be any lower right now and he has a chance to make his value sky rocket to Saturn with no Durant and Klay. If he can help GS get to the playoffs, he will get a max deal next Summer.

To add to what I said, Cousins is totally going to enter the next season in the absolute best shape of his life. He wants that chinga chinga.

knicks1248
6/25/2019  10:23 AM
Marv wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
barret
jimmy butler-3 yrs
randle- 4 yr contract
Cousins- 1+1

dsj
trier
dotson/Brazdeikis
knox
mitch

plus how are you ever going to get brogdon, butler, randle and cousins for $74M.

and i'm SURE this was an oversight but you forgot frank.....

well the FO claim they only have 3 potential max guys, KD kawhi, and I think Kyrie, so assuming they are savvy enough to convince guys to take less, it's a possible.

Is frank better than anyone in that rotation?

ES
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
6/25/2019  10:30 AM
The only guy that NY should NOT sign more than Melo is Cousins. Low IQ player. Not the right fit. Signing him wouold be a disaster.

I am ok with this if Kawhii and or KD are out of the picture.

DSjr
RJ
Knox
Vonleh
Mitch
Frank
Trier
Dotson
Kornet
Iggy
Allen
1 Biannual exmption PF type.

fill roster with rookie FA's - vet min guys

Keep the space to absorb bad contracts and picks during the year. You know there will be come of those available.

Get another lottery pick or 2 next June and keep building a team that will win for years!

knicks1248
6/25/2019  10:57 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/25/2019  10:57 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:The only guy that NY should NOT sign more than Melo is Cousins. Low IQ player. Not the right fit. Signing him wouold be a disaster.

DSjr
RJ
Knox
Vonleh
Mitch
Frank
Trier
Dotson
Kornet
Iggy
Allen

Keep the space to absorb bad contracts and picks during the year. You know there will be come of those available.

Get another lottery pick or 2 next June and keep building a team that will win for years!

you must want ppl to get fired..that's a 10 win roster, with at least 2 20 game losing streaks

ES
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
6/25/2019  11:09 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:The only guy that NY should NOT sign more than Melo is Cousins. Low IQ player. Not the right fit. Signing him wouold be a disaster.

DSjr
RJ
Knox
Vonleh
Mitch
Frank
Trier
Dotson
Kornet
Iggy
Allen

you must want ppl to get fired..that's a 10 win roster, with at least 2 20 game losing streaks

I said tha I am ok with it. I never guessed what the record might be. Mid 20's to 30 is likely unless som eplayers blossom. That would be expected with 4 players less than 21 in your starting lineup and a few more off the bench.

The point is, they should not star-phuch and sign an awful cancer on the court in Cousins just to spend the money. Keep it. Sign some 1 year contracts to fill in and go back to the lottery and FA pool next year. The young kids need 1-2 years before they will be ready with or without KD/KAwhii. By not spending money and having another low win season, they can get yet another lottery pick or 2 and keep building talent. I am ok with that and a GM/coach would know the deal if that tis the path chosen.

Do I want to win now? Of course, but not at the expense of signing bad contracts. NY has done that for 20 years and look where they are. NO MAS!

Allanfan20
USA
6/25/2019  11:33 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

DSjr
RJ
Knox
Vonleh
Mitch
Frank
Trier
Dotson
Kornet
Iggy
Allen

I said tha I am ok with it. I never guessed what the record might be. Mid 20's to 30 is likely unless som eplayers blossom. That would be expected with 4 players less than 21 in your starting lineup and a few more off the bench.

The point is, they should not star-phuch and sign an awful cancer on the court in Cousins just to spend the money. Keep it. Sign some 1 year contracts to fill in and go back to the lottery and FA pool next year. The young kids need 1-2 years before they will be ready with or without KD/KAwhii. By not spending money and having another low win season, they can get yet another lottery pick or 2 and keep building talent. I am ok with that and a GM/coach would know the deal if that tis the path chosen.

Do I want to win now? Of course, but not at the expense of signing bad contracts. NY has done that for 20 years and look where they are. NO MAS!

If RJ is seriously competing for rookie of the year and Smith, Knox, Trier and Mitch take a step forward (hopefully a big step for at least 2 of them) then we are winning well over 17 games. Yeah, if we win say 30-33 games, it will suck to be mediocre but at least it’s a good mediocre because the team is showing signs of progress and at LEAST the lotto rules changed so we could have a slightly better chance at winning.

God forbid Frankie shows any improvement. :::eyeroll icon:::

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/25/2019  11:41 AM
Results based....."Cousins signed for 5mil". Reality is he sat for most of the season and goal was restore his game in time for playoffs.
That was then.
Results based....Veterans are good mentors. Reality is some are, some are awful. Not everyone can teach, or even wants to.

Knox is 6-10 now? He can be my stretch 5.
Barrett can be my wing or my 2.
Smith is my 1 or two.
Mitch is my 5. I might go with a veteran like Steven Adams if Thunder want to dump him. Reality is he has some trade value and Boston a good fit for him. Two years left on his contract. Kid is a monster! Im good with paying Deandre 15-18mm for one year. If we can't give him a contending run we can't give him a discount.

blkexec
Member: #748
6/25/2019  11:52 AM
Nalod wrote:Results based....."Cousins signed for 5mil". Reality is he sat for most of the season and goal was restore his game in time for playoffs.
That was then.
Results based....Veterans are good mentors. Reality is some are, some are awful. Not everyone can teach, or even wants to.

Smith is my 1 or two.
Mitch is my 5. I might go with a veteran like Steven Adams if Thunder want to dump him. Reality is he has some trade value and Boston a good fit for him. Two years left on his contract. Kid is a monster! Im good with paying Deandre 15-18mm for one year. If we can't give him a contending run we can't give him a discount.

I'm not sure Knox is 6'10 but I agree with Knox playing a stretch 4 role and barrett a SF/SG. I'm not sold on Mitch as a starting 5 YET. I love the Adams pickup. I'm also ok with Cousins as long as it's a 1 yr deal....DeAndre Jordan is another great option if not better option for 1 yr....with his KD connection and MR mentoring.

Cousins / Adam's
Knox
RJ
Dotson (I'm a big fan of 2 way shooters)
DSJ

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/25/2019  12:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/25/2019  10:14 PM
blkexec wrote:
Nalod wrote:Results based....."Cousins signed for 5mil". Reality is he sat for most of the season and goal was restore his game in time for playoffs.
That was then.

Smith is my 1 or two.

I'm not sure Knox is 6'10 but I agree with Knox playing a stretch 4 role and barrett a SF/SG. I'm not sold on Mitch as a starting 5 YET. I love the Adams pickup. I'm also ok with Cousins as long as it's a 1 yr deal....DeAndre Jordan is another great option if not better option for 1 yr....with his KD connection and MR mentoring.

Cousins / Adam's
Knox
RJ
Dotson (I'm a big fan of 2 way shooters)
DSJ

I meant Knox at the 4. Not five.

Sangfroid
Member: #2784

6/25/2019  9:56 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

DSjr
RJ
Knox
Vonleh
Mitch
Frank
Trier
Dotson
Kornet
Iggy
Allen

Not if the coach, coaches. At minimum, we would surpass our 17 win total. We were in several games last year where we were leading in the 4th quarter, and Fiz let it slip away by letting cold shooters continue shooting, or not taking out a player who was getting torched. Bring in Morris from Boston as that needed PF. Let's get this show on the road!

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
Your starting 5 next year!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy