[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If Nets sign Kyrie we should sign D.Russell
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
6/13/2019  5:46 PM
CrushAlot wrote:My motivation for taking him in part is because I think the nets losing him and signing Kyrie is going to turn out really bad.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
6/14/2019  7:53 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:D. Russell is a nice player just too much baggage for my taste for a big contract. I would go with hunting for Brogdon, Middleton and Tobias Harris first.

I'd be OK with punting to next season if those are our choices. I don't want a THJ situation where we sign a dude simply because we have Capt space and feel pressured into making a splash.

I agree. We have young players at the 1,2, and 3 spot that we need to develop. Why sign a 2tier FA from one of those spots. The spot we really need help at in terms of a long term FA is the 4 spot. I would rather the Knicks use their cap space to facilitate trades and obtain more future draft picks. The Kincks could then sign some cheap veterans on one year deals to help the youths get over the hump. But bottom line, we need to figure out how good Mitchell, Knox, Smith, Dotson, and Trier can be. We might as well use this year to do that. With the injury to KD, it makes no sense to sign him. Leonard and Walker are unlikely to leave their current teams and I don't want Kyrie for the max. We should stand pat and try to acquire more draft picks this season

Trust the Process
CrushAlot
USA
6/14/2019  11:38 PM
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/15/2019  3:24 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

He makes no sense next to Kyrie, they were obviously leaking that they planned to keep both of them just to avoid upsetting Russell in case the Kyrie thing feel through.

Bizarrely, I remember reading a few weeks ago that stats wise I think they were a better team or something when he was on the bench. Still think they should go with him over Kyrie, but I guess they are trying to overtake the Knicks as the main NY franchise. Hope it backfires!

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/15/2019  6:54 AM
TLover wrote:
Panos wrote:If we'd kept KP and signed Okafor to a min contact, we could have picks 2-6 from that draft class!

Would have no problem resigning Hezonja for 1 yr at 10-12 million. He was our best player at the end of last season and is only 24. Hezonja showed that he can guard the 3 which makes Knox more effective at the 4. In this scenario I would look to sign KD with Mario holding it down till KD is ready to play. The cap hold on Hezonja should not be much, meaning we can sign D.Russell & KD while going over the cap to resign Mario.

10-12 million for Mario is insane. No way he gets that much, maybe half that

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/15/2019  10:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/15/2019  11:01 PM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

He makes no sense next to Kyrie, they were obviously leaking that they planned to keep both of them just to avoid upsetting Russell in case the Kyrie thing feel through.

Bizarrely, I remember reading a few weeks ago that stats wise I think they were a better team or something when he was on the bench. Still think they should go with him over Kyrie, but I guess they are trying to overtake the Knicks as the main NY franchise. Hope it backfires!

Doubt that, read the article in the link, and look at Russell's stats. Wouldn't have made the playoffs without him.

Cant blame Russell, thats for sure.

TLover
Member: #381
USA
6/15/2019  11:27 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Doubt that, read the article in the link, and look at Russell's stats. Wouldn't have made the playoffs without him.

Would love to see Russell in a Knicks uniform taking it to the Nets & Lakers.
Give this dude the max and then let’s try for Kawahi!

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/16/2019  12:34 AM
TLover wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Kawhi might be the player to make Russell to the Knicks work. Only reason I have been against it is because only 2 teams have won a ring in the last 25 years with a PG taking up 20 percent or more of the cap. Spreads the roster too thin.

The exceptions were the Spurs and the LeBron's Cavs. Believe Spurs won with Kawhi on the team. If Im wrong, it can be argued that he has a LeBron like impact on the outcome of games now.

Yeah, maybe Kawhi could make it work. Would also have the young core to lean on.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/16/2019  12:42 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
TLover wrote:
Panos wrote:If we'd kept KP and signed Okafor to a min contact, we could have picks 2-6 from that draft class!
Would have no problem resigning Hezonja for 1 yr at 10-12 million. He was our best player at the end of last season and is only 24. Hezonja showed that he can guard the 3 which makes Knox more effective at the 4. In this scenario I would look to sign KD with Mario holding it down till KD is ready to play. The cap hold on Hezonja should not be much, meaning we can sign D.Russell & KD while going over the cap to resign Mario.
Iman Shumpert begs to differ
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

6/16/2019  1:13 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
TLover wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Kawhi might be the player to make Russell to the Knicks work. Only reason I have been against it is because only 2 teams have won a ring in the last 25 years with a PG taking up 20 percent or more of the cap. Spreads the roster too thin.

The exceptions were the Spurs and the LeBron's Cavs. Believe Spurs won with Kawhi on the team. If Im wrong, it can be argued that he has a LeBron like impact on the outcome of games now.

Yeah, maybe Kawhi could make it work. Would also have the young core to lean on.

Papabear Says

Kawhi ain't comming to the Knicks. Please Lets get real. Lets get our draft pick and play it safe. We must build from within.

Papabear
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/16/2019  11:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/16/2019  10:15 PM
Papabear wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
TLover wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Papabear Says

Kawhi ain't comming to the Knicks. Please Lets get real. Lets get our draft pick and play it safe. We must build from within.

I’d say there is a 20% chance he comes. Think of all the fans that’s were banking on Zion here because of the “tank”. 14.5% chance. Thus Kawhi from what I can see has Raptors, Clippers, Nets, Hawks (Cuz Kawhi is that kind of dude) and Knicks. If we are one of 5 thats 20%. My guess is Toronto is not a given because while he is a god now, he has no where to go but down from here.
My take lakers are contenders again and thus being a clipper is second fiddle. But Kawhi is not like the other kids, he is different.

If you think Kyrie was injury prone because he plays about 65 games a year, well Kawhai played 60 this. Year. “Load management”. It’s a thing now.

Sure, odds are not strong kawhai signs here. But. He will sign somewhere.

TLover
USA
6/17/2019  10:34 AM
The Knicks despite their losing last season established a culture where it is not unreasonable for a player like Kawahi Leonard to sign here. Love a player like him because he is selfless and not afraid of the big stage of NYC. Same can be said about D.Russell. Which is why they should be the top 2 players the Knicks should look to sign.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

6/17/2019  2:21 PM
we need to sign guys that aren't done developing and who are young -- like the rest of our roster
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/17/2019  2:26 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:we need to sign guys that aren't done developing and who are young -- like the rest of our roster

dont Russell and Randle check those boxes?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

6/17/2019  2:37 PM
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:we need to sign guys that aren't done developing and who are young -- like the rest of our roster

that was my point

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
TLover
USA
6/17/2019  2:45 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:

that was my point

If Kawahi does not sign with then I’m good with Randle.

I’m almost rooting for Kyrie to sign with the Nets so we have a shot at signing D.Russell.
I would also look to trade SmithJr to Hornets for their #12 pick and Franky Smokes for Josh Jackson.

GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
6/17/2019  3:20 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:

that was my point

aren't you guys a bit wary of committing so much of the cap to all offense/no defense guys?

Is it crazy to say Brogdon would be easier to fit into any team than Russell?

50/40/90 shooter. Plays D. Can play with ball dominant guys like RJ or future max FA...

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
6/17/2019  3:51 PM

we have 5 guys on the roster, all of which (at this point in their career)are below avg players.

You keep learning until you die, there's no limit to learning, The best players in the NBA never stop developing, they are alway adding to their game.

I don't know how many times i here great players say that, Jordan, Kobe, Malone, Stockton, nash..that's why those kinds of player last in this NBA business

ES
CrushAlot
USA
6/17/2019  7:26 PM
Thought this was interesting.
Chandler
Member: #6197

6/18/2019  8:25 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
TLover wrote:

Egads. I don’t want him for free. You’re going to ignore his large body of poor work in favor of a few meaningless games where we preferred to lose and leave him do whatever he wanted

(5)(5)
If Nets sign Kyrie we should sign D.Russell

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy