[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If KD has to be out a yr..
Author Thread
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

6/11/2019  5:07 PM
Please no. For another team maybe, but for us it will be very bad.
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/12/2019  10:07 AM
Im against it, risky move.

Still, if it were a done deal, I wouldn't want the Knicks to do more than work around the edges, give the recent draft picks, acquisitions, another extended look next season. Make an exception for Kawhi though.

Otherwise, a year of seasoning for the recent picks, while Durant gets healthy, and maybe another trip to the lotto would be the way to go. Hopefully by the time Durant would get back, the Knicks would have the cap room to sign another star. Our young core would have enough seasoning to keep the stars from carrying too much of the load during the regular season.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/12/2019  10:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/12/2019  10:15 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Im against it, risky move.

Still, if it were a done deal, I wouldn't want the Knicks to do more than work around the edges, give the recent draft picks, acquisitions, another extended look next season. Make an exception for Kawhi though.

Otherwise, a year of seasoning for the recent picks, while Durant gets healthy, and maybe another trip to the lotto would be the way to go. Hopefully by the time Durant would get back, the Knicks would have the cap room to sign another star. Our young core would have enough seasoning to keep the stars from carrying too much of the load during the regular season.

Why do we always think the young on the Knicks won’t become stars? Just maybe one or two of the Knicks young will become a star player. The mind set that the Knicks as an organization has, has infiltrated the fans thinking. Don’t give up on the youth movement.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/12/2019  10:21 AM
Vmart wrote:

Why do always think the young on the Knicks won’t become stars? Just maybe one or two of the Knicks young will become a star player. The mind set that the Knicks as an organization has, has infiltrated the fans thinking. Don’t give up on the youth movement.

Just got finished saying in another thread that I believe that some of our young core (and Barrett) are talented enough to be stars down the road. They arent stars yet.

Stars or not, our recent picks can help keep our all-stars (whoever they may be) from wearing out before the playoffs.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
6/12/2019  10:45 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Why do always think the young on the Knicks won’t become stars? Just maybe one or two of the Knicks young will become a star player. The mind set that the Knicks as an organization has, has infiltrated the fans thinking. Don’t give up on the youth movement.

Just got finished saying in another thread that I believe that some of our young core (and Barrett) are talented enough to be stars down the road. They arent stars yet.

Stars or not, our recent picks can help keep our all-stars (whoever they may be) from wearing out before the playoffs.

Sometime there is a downfall to having stars sometimes they prevent young players from becoming stars.

smackeddog
Member: #883
6/12/2019  10:58 AM
I do think we'll end up signing him to a max
knicks1248
Member: #582
6/12/2019  11:44 AM
Vmart wrote:

Why do we always think the young on the Knicks won’t become stars? Just maybe one or two of the Knicks young will become a star player. The mind set that the Knicks as an organization has, has infiltrated the fans thinking. Don’t give up on the youth movement.

Because we have yet to develop any player into a star, hard to be optimistic if it hasn't happen in..well...ever

ES
SelltheteamDolan
Member: #8761

6/12/2019  4:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/12/2019  4:33 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Because we have yet to develop any player into a star, hard to be optimistic if it hasn't happen in..well...ever

Patrick Ewing, Mark Jackson....

knicks1248
6/12/2019  4:41 PM
Knicks will still pursue KD after rupture achilles has him out for 6 to 8 months
ES
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

6/13/2019  11:30 PM
From a contract perspective, this gets a bit interesting.

There is a cap on "Likely To Be Earned" or "Unlikely To Be Earned" incentives. The latter doesn't have cap implications but there are massive restrictions. Injury history is a mitigating factor into how to calculate the latter category.

In theory, just spitballing, a one year deal plus a series of player options, if that first year is a "redshirt" year, then it's possible each year after can show a readjustment in the Unlikely To Be Earned incentive category.

The Chris Bosh Rule might also form a potential escape clause, but not likely ( It would be a cash hit, but the cap hit would change, insurance would take a massive hit on the cash side as well)

This is why teams have guys who are strictly capologists or CBA only experts. It could, just from a contract side, get sort of interesting here. If a team finds a loophole, the league will close it, but not until it's been used at least once first. Very very interesting.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/14/2019  7:32 AM
Sangfroid wrote:
Panos wrote:Can we please PLEASE stay away from signing an injured star hoping that we're smarter than everyone else? How many times have we seen this?

Saved from ourselves. Can't believe the number of people/teams that want to max out KD, even with his injury concerns. Hopefully, Pills will steer clear of this mess.

I can't either its insane. It could cripple the franchise. At best we might have a 2 year window of him as a top 25 player. He isn't going to be a top 5 player again. Thats over.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Welpee
Member: #6239

6/14/2019  9:51 AM
SelltheteamDolan wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:

David Lee became an all-star. Guess it depends on how you're defining star.
knicks1248
6/14/2019  10:29 AM
Welpee wrote:
SelltheteamDolan wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:

David Lee became an all-star. Guess it depends on how you're defining star.

Patrick Ewing was already a star, he helped the knicks more than they helped him, and absolutely no one, from owner, to president, to gm to coach, had anything to do with the knicks of the late 80's and all of the 90"s.

You mind as well say that was an entirely different franchise with the same name..

Under this regime, you have nothing but bad development, bad relationships, and no kind of culture or identity whatsoever, and every yr turns into, wait til next yr..lol

ES
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
6/14/2019  10:42 AM
I am shocked at how many fans and media (mainstream and blog) voices are pumping the idea that signing KD is still a good move by the knicks

how is this possible... it would be completely insane ...

if we do this stupid thing and sign KD while he's lying in a hospital bed ... i ... will ... i dunno

JUST DONT SO IT SCOTT

smackeddog
Member: #883
6/14/2019  12:59 PM
anrst wrote:I am shocked at how many fans and media (mainstream and blog) voices are pumping the idea that signing KD is still a good move by the knicks

if we do this stupid thing and sign KD while he's lying in a hospital bed ... i ... will ... i dunno

JUST DONT SO IT SCOTT

We're going to do it unfortunately, our only hope is if KD saves us from ourselves and takes the warriors or nets offer.

At the end of the day I can look on it as: we're never going to sign a hero with cap space. I'd rather use it to accept contracts for picks or make shrewd low key signings, but we'll still have a max space for that. Look on diminished KD as a piece you add to whatever our youth develops into (like a free first round pick in a year or two). If you accept we'll never sign a max allstar, then it's not as maddening

anrst
USA
6/15/2019  8:35 PM
I would rather sign Tobias Harris to a max. Tobias has two functioning acls and can actually play in basketball games. Same for deangelo.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
6/15/2019  8:43 PM
anrst wrote:I would rather sign Tobias Harris to a max. Tobias has two functioning acls and can actually play in basketball games. Same for deangelo.

Russell yes as he is a young star. Tobias, no.

Knicks_Fan
anrst
USA
6/15/2019  8:50 PM
Knicksfan wrote:
anrst wrote:I would rather sign Tobias Harris to a max. Tobias has two functioning acls and can actually play in basketball games. Same for deangelo.

Russell yes as he is a young star. Tobias, no.

Correction: I meant achiles
Not acls

It’s funny who coulda seen deangelo being our top target. If it happens we should be so lucky.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/15/2019  9:02 PM
smackeddog wrote:
anrst wrote:I am shocked at how many fans and media (mainstream and blog) voices are pumping the idea that signing KD is still a good move by the knicks

JUST DONT SO IT SCOTT

We're going to do it unfortunately, our only hope is if KD saves us from ourselves and takes the warriors or nets offer.

At the end of the day I can look on it as: we're never going to sign a hero with cap space. I'd rather use it to accept contracts for picks or make shrewd low key signings, but we'll still have a max space for that. Look on diminished KD as a piece you add to whatever our youth develops into (like a free first round pick in a year or two). If you accept we'll never sign a max allstar, then it's not as maddening

If they sign KD it isn't going to turn out well. When he comes back in 21 he probably has a Heyward work his way back year. That means he is what he is going to be post achilles injury when he is 33.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
6/15/2019  10:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/15/2019  10:27 PM

JUST DONT SO IT SCOTT

Same.

Bananas...

except it is quite understandable. We need rationalization of the irrational to maintain a semblance of a reality that is too harsh and painful to take.

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
If KD has to be out a yr..

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy