[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If KD has to be out a yr..
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
6/11/2019  8:25 AM
He may have a torn achilles, that would keep him out until march at best, most people say a yr. At his age, thats not good

There's no way he opts out,

ES
AUTOADVERT
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/11/2019  8:38 AM
I’m thinking either GS offers him the max and accepts, both out of good faith or he opts in his final year.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
bigjeep8
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3297

6/11/2019  8:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/11/2019  8:41 AM
knicks1248 wrote:He may have a torn achilles, that would keep him out until march at best, most people say a yr. At his age, thats not good

Looks like we move on!

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
6/11/2019  8:43 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:I’m thinking either GS offers him the max and accepts, both out of good faith or he opts in his final year.

Yep

Either way, anyone else is out of the equation.

Its a new free agent market today.

Knicks_Fan
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
6/11/2019  8:58 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/11/2019  9:02 AM
knicks1248 wrote:He may have a torn achilles, that would keep him out until march at best, most people say a yr. At his age, thats not good

This is the type of risk that is right up the Knicks alley. I say the Knicks max him out. Make the offer and have him under contract. While the Knicks continue to build the talent pool through the draft.

I never felt that the Knicks were in play for KD. But this injury puts him in play for the Knicks.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/11/2019  9:05 AM
According to ESPN, three GMs are on the record saying they still sign Durant to the max!
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
6/11/2019  9:05 AM
I’ve heard he was pissed. That him, his agent, and the GS GM were together in the locker room or medical area and “emotions were flying”.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Uptown

6/11/2019  9:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/11/2019  9:11 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:I’ve heard he was pissed. That him, his agent, and the GS GM were together in the locker room or medical area and “emotions were flying”.

This could be similar to Kwahi who was upset with the Spurs who misdianosed his injury!! This may seal the deal and KD will definitely leave now!! Could go either way...

Panos
Member: #520
6/11/2019  9:17 AM
Can we please PLEASE stay away from signing an injured star hoping that we're smarter than everyone else? How many times have we seen this?
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

6/11/2019  9:20 AM
Uptown wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:I’ve heard he was pissed. That him, his agent, and the GS GM were together in the locker room or medical area and “emotions were flying”.

This could be similar to Kwahi who was upset with the Spurs who misdianosed his injury!! This may seal the deal and KD will definitely leave now!! Could go either way...

If I were him, I'd opt in, and tell them to lick my *******, I played my last game inGS

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
newyorknewyork
6/11/2019  9:21 AM
Uptown wrote:

My boy has been calling KD’s injury an Achilles issue dating back to the Houston game. Claims GS calling it a calf injury this whole time was BS. And they are gonna act like KD tore his Achilles trying to compensate for the calf. When it was a Achilles issue the whole time. That GS should be ashamed of themselves.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/11/2019  9:53 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:

My boy has been calling KD’s injury an Achilles issue dating back to the Houston game. Claims GS calling it a calf injury this whole time was BS. And they are gonna act like KD tore his Achilles trying to compensate for the calf. When it was a Achilles issue the whole time. That GS should be ashamed of themselves.

You think Durant was in the dark about his injury? Him going quiet makes him as culpable if there is a position to take here.
He is angry, he should be angry with himself, and the team, and the circumstance. If he was given misinformation then yes GSW is at fault.
That said, im going to admit to not being expert on achiles heal injuries but assume there are tears, bad tears, and full displacement ruptures. Different degrees of a bad injury. I don't know what makes some players return better than others. Dominique Wilkens came back at age 32 and was as good as ever. That does not mean Durant does for sure. He is light and not a bull type athlete. That should help.
If he has to miss a year and is determined to recover well then its a question of where does he want to rehab for year. If he is about moving to a new York and his life here then its possible that's what he wants. The timeline of him sitting does favor us if we want to still develop the kids. It means perhaps not making the playoffs still. it changes a lot of things. I think Brooklyn's timeline does not jive with this. Maybe Clippers are ok with it. We still have a young as hell roster and all our picks plus the Two dallas picks. We could sign Durant, and take on "bad contract" with incentive that matches our objectives. AKA, young asset or future pick.

Also it might buy another season of Frank.

Uptown

6/11/2019  9:54 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Me and a few others on this board was calling it an Achilles injury from jump. It was obvious, the way Durant looked down at the back of his leg, when he was running up the court vs Houston. I posted in one of these threads that GS may be covering up this injury...its all speculation but GS looks really bad here.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/11/2019  9:58 AM
they must have the same doctors as the Knicks and the Mets!

KD could have one leg, and I still sign him.

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
6/11/2019  10:03 AM
Mills and Perry: STAY AWAY
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/11/2019  10:13 AM
Nalod wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:

You think Durant was in the dark about his injury? Him going quiet makes him as culpable if there is a position to take here.
He is angry, he should be angry with himself, and the team, and the circumstance. If he was given misinformation then yes GSW is at fault.
That said, im going to admit to not being expert on achiles heal injuries but assume there are tears, bad tears, and full displacement ruptures. Different degrees of a bad injury. I don't know what makes some players return better than others. Dominique Wilkens came back at age 32 and was as good as ever. That does not mean Durant does for sure. He is light and not a bull type athlete. That should help.
If he has to miss a year and is determined to recover well then its a question of where does he want to rehab for year. If he is about moving to a new York and his life here then its possible that's what he wants. The timeline of him sitting does favor us if we want to still develop the kids. It means perhaps not making the playoffs still. it changes a lot of things. I think Brooklyn's timeline does not jive with this. Maybe Clippers are ok with it. We still have a young as hell roster and all our picks plus the Two dallas picks. We could sign Durant, and take on "bad contract" with incentive that matches our objectives. AKA, young asset or future pick.

I forgot about D Wilkins and his injury. It might not be that bad for Durant. Not sure how I feel about not having him for almost a whole season though if you sign him. I think he exercises his option and stay. It is the prudent thing to do. Then enter free agency again next summer.

You just had to needle knicks1248 didn't you?

Nalod
USA
6/11/2019  10:14 AM
Uptown wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Me and a few others on this board was calling it an Achilles injury from jump. It was obvious, the way Durant looked down at the back of his leg, when he was running up the court vs Houston. I posted in one of these threads that GS may be covering up this injury...its all speculation but GS looks really bad here.

Covering it up from who??? What is the motive? Strategic to mess with Toronto?
You think they covered up from Durant? What are we talking about here? They look bad because we don't know the circumstances and don't even know how severe (Severe is never good BTW!)this injury is. You think GSW hid information from Durant? In this day and age where players have their own agenda and Doc's, and with his agent over seeing things how does this happen? This is not the 1970's NFL telling players to take a pain injection and tough it out "or else"!!!
If GSW was negligent and deliberate in any fashion I would agree to throw the book at them if possible, but I just don't see this. Maybe Im being naïve? I understand this is how things used to be. But still??

newyorknewyork
6/11/2019  10:22 AM
Nalod wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Only going by what I heard. KD was in the medical room with his agent and the GS GM and he was pissed with emotions flying.

I brought up my boys views because he has been accurate calling it all from day one.

Nalod
USA
6/11/2019  10:24 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
Nalod wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:

I forgot about D Wilkins and his injury. It might not be that bad for Durant. Not sure how I feel about not having him for almost a whole season though if you sign him. I think he exercises his option and stay. It is the prudent thing to do. Then enter free agency again next summer.

You just had to needle knicks1248 didn't you?

Yeah. Sorry.

Regarding His free agency, it was said on ESPN teams will still sign him. He'd have 17 months to recover. Of course medically there is a list of circumstances beyond my knowledge that can say its a good idea or not. But if the goal is long term success not an over summer make over then there MIGHT be a process that works here.
Durant/Kawhi is my first objective. If not I might consider Durant/D'angelo Russell.

I can't wrap my head around a trade for AD. I'd have to see the deal and subsequent movement before. A deal gets done this week would look bad until free agency or draft is done. So what Im saying is even if a trade goes down we won't have the complete picture for a while.

grillco
Member: #3202

6/11/2019  10:25 AM
Everyone here screwed up.

GS folks should have been focused long term, because maybe (just maybe) KD stays and you want to make sure he's completely healthy for the next 5+ years.

His management/agency should have done the same, with no concern for GS. Keep him healthy and get that max deal for their client, likely his last big deal. Ideally with eyes on making him the biggest of heroes by bringing a chip back to the Knicks. Regardless of who he ended playing for, he's your money printing machine...in their business you protect that above all.

Lastly, Durant should have been just as focused on the future. He's got rings and, especially in a 3-1 hole, it was extremely unlikely that there would be a miraculous comeback. Game seven might have been too much to resist, but a game five? It's really his call and he should have let that haters complain and looked out for his best interests. Playing last night was unnecessary at best, but obviously we know what it was at worst...

If KD has to be out a yr..

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy