[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Case for Darius Garland
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
6/1/2019  2:20 PM
Espn/draftexpress have their new video. Definitely seems he has a lakers promise (refused to work out or talk with teams at the combine, is a lakers fan and was sat next to Lebron at that recent event, also is represented by the same agency), but I hope we’ve done due diligence, his shot looks nice:

Of course considering his lack of games played last year, combined with no interview or workout would make it a huge gamble.

AUTOADVERT
Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

6/1/2019  6:30 PM
That's a killer J. Considering the wrinkle caused by Morant needing surgery, he might definitely be in play with the third pick.
"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
6/2/2019  1:48 AM
I trust the FO is investigating trading down to pick players like this. RJ Barrett isn't a player we need - he's for small market teams that need a flashy player to draw attendance.
Rose is not the answer.
smackeddog
6/2/2019  3:04 AM
knickstorrents wrote:I trust the FO is investigating trading down to pick players like this. RJ Barrett isn't a player we need - he's for small market teams that need a flashy player to draw attendance.

Unlikely you can trade down for him, as it's rumored Lakers have made a promise (he's been hanging out with lebron, skipped the combine, hasn't worked out for any teams and shares the same agency as Lebron).

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/2/2019  6:07 AM
Sangfroid wrote:That's a killer J. Considering the wrinkle caused by Morant needing surgery, he might definitely be in play with the third pick.

Ja will be out 3 to 4 weeks.

1-Zion
2-Ja
3-Barrett

If Memphis gets stupid then we take Ja. EOS.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

6/2/2019  2:23 PM
Sangfroid wrote:That's a killer J. Considering the wrinkle caused by Morant needing surgery, he might definitely be in play with the third pick.

At the very least i see him as another D.Russell. The kid can shoot the rock but i actually think his other point guard skills could be better than Russell's.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

6/3/2019  10:14 AM
Garland is the ultimate feast or famine pick. he looks good but who has he looked good against? He is smallish. He has a negative assist to turnover ratio. I feel like he is just as likely to be Damian Lillard as he is to be Jimmer Fredette. NBAdraft.net has him compared to Mo Williams. There is no consensus on Garland. Frankly, unless we had four picks I would probably look elsewhere. I feel like Coby White has a higher ceiling as well as a higher floor
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
smackeddog
6/18/2019  1:58 PM
Knicks to work out Vanderbilt PG Darius Garland, in 'serious consideration' at No. 3

With just two days until the Knicks are on the clock at No. 3 overall, one would think New York is set with their plan come Thursday night.

That is until a "last-minute workout" was scheduled for Wednesday with Vanderbilt PG Darius Garland, per ESPN's Jonathan Givony.

Garland is a top-10 prospect that some can see going in the top five. Givony adds that the Knicks are in "serious consideration" of picking Garland at No. 3.

If you haven't heard of Garland, it is probably because he played in just five games last season. A torn meniscus required surgery after playing just five games. In those contests, though, Garland was a leader for the Commodores, averaging 16.2 points, 2.6 assists and 3.8 rebounds while shooting 53.7 percent from the field. He was also 11-for-23 (47.8 percent) from beyond the arc.

Garland's explosive style of play, crafty handles, and smooth jumper has seen comparisons to that of Damian Lillard. And like Kyrie Irving during his time at Duke, Garland played in limited games, yet has many teams thinking about potentially trading up to nab him at No. 4 if the Pelicans want to move the pick.

Givony says the Timberwolves, Celtics, and Bulls are all teams considering a potential trade to draft Garland.

Could Garland beat out RJ Barrett for the No. 3 pick, though? This late workout with the Knicks could certainly raise his name up their draft board.

https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/knicks-to-work-out-vanderbilt-pg-darius-garland-in-serious-consideration-at-no-3/308228358

Can only assume it's a last minute workout because either he had his heart set on the Lakers and the AD trade messed that up, or we're up to some sort of trickery.

Must admit Garland has my favourite youtube highlights (I know that's a terrible way to judge a player!)- his game just looks smooth. his poor passing is a big worry though. I'm glad we're working him out- outside of Ja, he's the only player I'd consider trading other than RJ

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/18/2019  1:58 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Knicks to work out Vanderbilt PG Darius Garland, in 'serious consideration' at No. 3

With just two days until the Knicks are on the clock at No. 3 overall, one would think New York is set with their plan come Thursday night.

That is until a "last-minute workout" was scheduled for Wednesday with Vanderbilt PG Darius Garland, per ESPN's Jonathan Givony.

Garland is a top-10 prospect that some can see going in the top five. Givony adds that the Knicks are in "serious consideration" of picking Garland at No. 3.

If you haven't heard of Garland, it is probably because he played in just five games last season. A torn meniscus required surgery after playing just five games. In those contests, though, Garland was a leader for the Commodores, averaging 16.2 points, 2.6 assists and 3.8 rebounds while shooting 53.7 percent from the field. He was also 11-for-23 (47.8 percent) from beyond the arc.

Garland's explosive style of play, crafty handles, and smooth jumper has seen comparisons to that of Damian Lillard. And like Kyrie Irving during his time at Duke, Garland played in limited games, yet has many teams thinking about potentially trading up to nab him at No. 4 if the Pelicans want to move the pick.

Givony says the Timberwolves, Celtics, and Bulls are all teams considering a potential trade to draft Garland.

Could Garland beat out RJ Barrett for the No. 3 pick, though? This late workout with the Knicks could certainly raise his name up their draft board.

https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/knicks-to-work-out-vanderbilt-pg-darius-garland-in-serious-consideration-at-no-3/308228358

Can only assume it's a last minute workout because either he had his heart set on the Lakers and the AD trade messed that up, or we're up to some sort of trickery.

Must admit Garland has my favourite youtube highlights (I know that's a terrible way to judge a player!)- his game just looks smooth. his poor passing is a big worry though. I'm glad we're working him out- outside of Ja, he's the only player I'd consider trading other than RJ

Or Due Diligence.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

6/18/2019  2:03 PM
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Or Due Diligence.

there were reports (or was it speculation) right after we got #3 that the Knicks would like to deal down

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Chandler
Member: #6197

6/18/2019  2:30 PM
at a minimum due diligence as Martin said. it's one thing this FO definitely gets credit for (no sleeping presidents on the sidelines)

if they love him I could envision the Knicks trying to do a swap with NO, but at this point this may tip their hand and NO might call their bluff

(5)(5)
knicks1248
Member: #582
6/18/2019  2:52 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:Garland is the ultimate feast or famine pick. he looks good but who has he looked good against? He is smallish. He has a negative assist to turnover ratio. I feel like he is just as likely to be Damian Lillard as he is to be Jimmer Fredette. NBAdraft.net has him compared to Mo Williams. There is no consensus on Garland. Frankly, unless we had four picks I would probably look elsewhere. I feel like Coby White has a higher ceiling as well as a higher floor

Totally agree, before the clip got to his weaknesses, i said to myself, nice jumper, but looks like he's scared of contact. He's crossing over players for pull up jumpers even when the lane is open. Then when he got to his weaknesses that explained why, he can't really finish

I would trade Frank and Trier if i had a chance to walk away with him and RJ, he's a pure shooter, with a little handle..Mo williams is a good comparison

ES
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
6/18/2019  3:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/18/2019  3:45 PM
Kyrie barely played in his only college season (11 games total) but it didn’t stop him from going first overall. I don’t know if Garland was awesome enough to warrant a leap over the top 3 guys, cuz Zion, RJ, and Morant were great and dominant.

Garland’s argument is that he’s touted as a much better perimeter shooter than any of these guys. He didn’t light the world on fire like Trae Young did last year.

So he’s not really a PG yet - he needs to polish those skills. He might have a rookie impact more similar to Malik Monk.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
smackeddog
6/18/2019  4:29 PM
technomaster wrote:Kyrie barely played in his only college season (11 games total) but it didn’t stop him from going first overall. I don’t know if Garland was awesome enough to warrant a leap over the top 3 guys, cuz Zion, RJ, and Morant were great and dominant.

Garland’s argument is that he’s touted as a much better perimeter shooter than any of these guys. He didn’t light the world on fire like Trae Young did last year.

So he’s not really a PG yet - he needs to polish those skills. He might have a rookie impact more similar to Malik Monk.

He’s the same size as Steph curry, and curry had the same poor no of assists per game and TOs his first year in college, so there’s hope.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/18/2019  4:45 PM
smackeddog wrote:
technomaster wrote:Kyrie barely played in his only college season (11 games total) but it didn’t stop him from going first overall. I don’t know if Garland was awesome enough to warrant a leap over the top 3 guys, cuz Zion, RJ, and Morant were great and dominant.

He’s the same size as Steph curry, and curry had the same poor no of assists per game and TOs his first year in college, so there’s hope.

Plus, we're dealing with a small sample size. He kinda reminds me of Kyrie Irving with the ease he gets his shot off the dribble. A lot of his weaknesses are things that usually improve with maturity. I still like RJ better.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/18/2019  5:08 PM
either the kid is lighting it up in work outs and he should be seen.
Its smart.
Its also smart to listen to any offers that are coming our way.
Maybe its as simple as Memphis makes a deal with Nola and considers Garland equal to Morant. To grab an asset and walk away with a player you want is a win. Knicks then have a choice of Morant and Garland. If so, it makes sense (Due diligence) to look at Garland.
Or Nola offers us something for swapping.
Sangfroid
Member: #2784

6/18/2019  6:21 PM
Nalod wrote:either the kid is lighting it up in work outs and he should be seen.
Its smart.
Maybe its as simple as Memphis makes a deal with Nola and considers Garland equal to Morant. To grab an asset and walk away with a player you want is a win. Knicks then have a choice of Morant and Garland. If so, it makes sense (Due diligence) to look at Garland.

They've got the 4th pick. Why are they looking to switch?

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/18/2019  6:45 PM
Sangfroid wrote:
Nalod wrote:either the kid is lighting it up in work outs and he should be seen.
Its smart.

They've got the 4th pick. Why are they looking to switch?

Nola takes Barrett.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
6/18/2019  7:33 PM
I just hope we make the best decision on the talent that looks more poised to become a star. We need talent, we all know that. But in this position at #3, with three excellent prospects and then some question marks that could or could not pan out, we need to make the best possible decision for home run talent. Winning a trade here where you get two solid players still will be pale in comparison to getting a youngster with true star potential. Zion, Ja and RJ really seem to have that can’t-miss star potential. I hope we choose right because we need a break and the best place would be on the draft.
Knicks_Fan
dwiley20
Member: #5755

6/18/2019  9:03 PM
just watched his highlights Man he can create!!!! This guy is diffrent!!! Damian Lillard for real
The Case for Darius Garland

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy