[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

CAN'T WAIT.........
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
9/24/2004  9:55 AM
This is going to be the best season in our history. Although we still have some spots that we will need to strenghten, but I like our chances. The biggest obstacle that Isiah will need to hurdle is getting rid of Anderson and Moochie's contracts. We already have their replacements in our roster, now all we need to do is find a way to get rid of them. Isiah is in the process of bringing in two big men to handle the Center position. They are not great players, but I do believe that we can get the best out of them. Marburry is ready to lead, TT, Houston, and the rest of our squad are ready to follow.

Lenny and Isiah appears to be on the same page. They went out and court players that have played in their systems: JYD, Sundov, and now the big Mongolian. Isiah recruited Bruer out of Indianna to backup Marb, so we are ready to start the season.
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
Bizzy211
Member: #601
USA
9/24/2004  10:11 AM
The best season was when we won the Championship..... if it isn't a Championship then it is just second best.
Bizzy Shadyville, NY **soundcloud.com/Bizzy211**
diderotn
USA
9/24/2004  10:14 AM
We might do just that. With Isiah at the helm, there is no limit.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
9/24/2004  10:24 AM
little too much sugar in that kool-aid.

Look, I think the Knicks will be better and certainly more fun to watch. I would just enjoy the fact that we are playing meaningfull basketball for the first time in years and the fact that we have a real pipeline for once.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
9/24/2004  10:26 AM
Posted by fishmike:

little too much sugar in that kool-aid.

mmmmmm kool-aid
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
9/24/2004  10:28 AM
i can't wait to see Jamal Crawford & Mike Sweetney to see how much they've progressed...anything else is gravy to me, since i don't have huge expectations for this season anyway.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
diderotn
USA
9/24/2004  10:29 AM
Be optimistic fans, Detroit proved that it can be done.
Kwazimodal
9/24/2004  10:35 AM
Posted by TMS:

i can't wait to see Jamal Crawford & Mike Sweetney to see how much they've progressed.

Me too.Im especially looking forward to Marbury/Crawford fast breaks! I envy you guys with season tickets
diderotn
USA
9/24/2004  10:53 AM
A lot has been made about our front-line, but you know what, I do believe that we are much better than we think. If we deploy Sweetney and Vinny, and second string: JYD and Naser, or Sweetney and Naser, we will be just fine. Here is a surprise, I do believe that one of the big white boys will explode for a great season when given a chance. I have two names that will truly show their asses off this season: Ariza and Vinny.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
9/24/2004  10:59 AM
wow, in 3 weeks, this board has gone from "boston is better than us" to "the best season in our history".

Please tell me what I missed. Did we trade for elton brand and brad miller ? Did we get Nowitzki for shandon anderson and a second rounder ?
Kwazimodal
9/24/2004  11:02 AM
Hey Raven,how was your trip to NYC? What did you do?
raven
Canada
9/24/2004  11:09 AM
tremendous. Seems that I'll have to make a short recap of what I did so that I don't have to spam all the topics. I'll do it quickly on the OT forum.
thx for asking though.
diderotn
USA
9/24/2004  11:32 AM
Here is a prediction to us all: Kandiman will be a Knick soon. Isiah will trade Kurt Thomas to Minesota along with another player for Kandiman. He is a legit Center, and used to have a nice postup game. He resembles Ewing a lot in my opinion. Minesota doesn't want him, and Isiah will try to move Kurt to create space for Sweetney and JYD.

That would give us a rotation as such:
Marb
Houston if healthy
TT
Sweetney
Kandi man

Jamal
Penny
Ariza
JYD
Naser
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
9/24/2004  11:37 AM
Posted by diderotn:

A lot has been made about our front-line, but you know what, I do believe that we are much better than we think. If we deploy Sweetney and Vinny, and second string: JYD and Naser, or Sweetney and Naser, we will be just fine. Here is a surprise, I do believe that one of the big white boys will explode for a great season when given a chance. I have two names that will truly show their asses off this season: Ariza and Vinny.

Do you know what the NBA efficiency ratings are? They're a composite score that ranks how efficiently a player scores, rebounds, defends and generally plays. All the information is available on www.alleyoop.com or www.nba.com. Last year, Kevin Garnett finished the top ranked player in the league. Before that, Shaq was the top player for five straight years.

Last year, Marbury was the highest rated player the Knicks have had since Marcus Camby in 2000-1. Do you want to know the second highest rated player in the efficiency ratings on the Knicks for 2003-4? It was Nazr Mohammed. Interestingly, Nazr was rated as being more efficient that any season Sprewell or Houston ever put together. Now, you may not trust these rankings, but every year they give a solid idea of who the top 50 players in the league are.

Bottom line, Nazr is a very good player and is still young enough to develop. He isn't as big as Dampier is, but he seems to be putting up better numbers at a similar age. So when you say that Vin Baker should start over him, please realize that you sound insane.
¿ △ ?
raven
Canada
9/24/2004  11:43 AM
Posted by diderotn:

He is a legit Center, and used to have a nice postup game. He resembles Ewing a lot in my opinion.

wow, man, THAT is faith.
raven
Canada
9/24/2004  11:45 AM
Posted by crzymdups:

Bottom line, Nazr is a very good player and is still young enough to develop. He isn't as big as Dampier is, but he seems to be putting up better numbers at a similar age. So when you say that Vin Baker should start over him, please realize that you sound insane.

agree. He's better than most people think. He'll imrpove and accept his role without making waves. He'll be usefull to us and at the very least, will be a very tradable asset.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
9/24/2004  12:13 PM
Posted by raven:

wow, in 3 weeks, this board has gone from "boston is better than us" to "the best season in our history".

Please tell me what I missed. Did we trade for elton brand and brad miller ? Did we get Nowitzki for shandon anderson and a second rounder ?
nah dude...even better!

we got Jamison Bremer, Bruno Sundov & Menkge Bateer! we are Finals bound this year! BELIEVE IT!
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
9/24/2004  12:29 PM
Posted by raven:
Posted by diderotn:

He is a legit Center, and used to have a nice postup game. He resembles Ewing a lot in my opinion.

wow, man, THAT is faith.

I actually posted a statement like that on another board. I don't know what it is, but he reminds me alot of Ewing, maybe it's just that it's been so long since I've seen a legit 7 footer at center here. I don't know, He almost has the same dimensions as Pat...Ewing topped out at 7-0, 260 (mostly he played at 250, though), while Kandi is 7-0, 270. I think this guy would be a great addition to our team. I think Nazr is a little to perimeter oriented, and even at 250, he doesn't look that strong or that wide.

The downside to Olowakandi is he is 29 going on 30 this season., while Nazr is 27. Nazr at least shows some developmental potential on the offensive end while Olowakandi doesn't seem to have any direction in his development. The major downside I see with Nazr is his defense. We don't need another offensive, perimeter oriented big man when we don't have any type of shotblocking on the inside, or any type of average consistently decent defenders on the perimeter.
~You can't run from who you are.~
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
9/24/2004  12:32 PM
you know... Olowakandi isnt a bad gamble for the Knicks. Its a one year risk, it moves KT opening up PF for Sweetney, JYD and guys that are probably better suited to play there anyway like Baker and NAzr, and worst case is its an expiring deal to use in Feb.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
diderotn
USA
9/24/2004  2:05 PM
Kandi is a good fit IMO. He is not a go to guy, than again we never know, but it could definitely be the answer at the 5. There is not dominant Center other than Shaq and Yao, so why not make that deal. He would come very cheap, because he did sign a MLE contract to play in Minesota for 3 years or more, therefor moving Kurt and a second round draft pick or either Sundov can definitely complete this deal. Also, if they were willing to take Moochie's contract, that would make that deal even sweeter. Kandi is suited to be a starter. Whether he has the motivation and enthousiasm to be the best that he can be is remained to be seen. Isiah, please do that deal. They need someone to backup Garnett and Kurt fits that profile.
CAN'T WAIT.........

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy