[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Free Agency 2019 (6/30 6pm ET)
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
7/16/2019  2:57 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/16/2019  2:58 AM

Ha, this man's such a bad liar- still haven't forgotten his pretend tears after the KD injury.

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/16/2019  8:34 AM
Have to give Kyrie a “Sliver” of cred here. He took less money to come “home”. He Choose NYC.
HE wanted out of Boston. Since most Knick fans did not want him we can’t hate on the guy for picking the Nets. I suppose we are a bit raw from the media perception that the Nets “Win” is knicks “Loss”.
Seems for what ever reason, Kyrie was Brooklyn bound. We also have to relent that if Durant was healthy he would have picked the Nets as well. I think the goal was Durant/KP pairing. Did KP repel that and was one reason he wanted out? IF so that tilt the balance out of our favor?

Plan “B” was really quite swift so its not like knicks were blindsided by what occurred. 5 free agents in so short a time. Not saying this is “great” or “awful”, just saying FO knew what was up with Durant.

The rhetoric that Nets are stepping up to the show was enevitable at some point. Knicks don’t deserve the “Mantle of the Mecca” on history alone. Let the games decide the king of NY!!! Gotta earn that Shyt.

smackeddog
7/16/2019  1:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/16/2019  1:11 PM
Nalod wrote:Have to give Kyrie a “Sliver” of cred here. He took less money to come “home”. He Choose NYC.
HE wanted out of Boston. Since most Knick fans did not want him we can’t hate on the guy for picking the Nets. I suppose we are a bit raw from the media perception that the Nets “Win” is knicks “Loss”.
Seems for what ever reason, Kyrie was Brooklyn bound. We also have to relent that if Durant was healthy he would have picked the Nets as well. I think the goal was Durant/KP pairing. Did KP repel that and was one reason he wanted out? IF so that tilt the balance out of our favor?

Plan “B” was really quite swift so its not like knicks were blindsided by what occurred. 5 free agents in so short a time. Not saying this is “great” or “awful”, just saying FO knew what was up with Durant.

The rhetoric that Nets are stepping up to the show was enevitable at some point. Knicks don’t deserve the “Mantle of the Mecca” on history alone. Let the games decide the king of NY!!! Gotta earn that Shyt.

This whole narrative about the Nets and Clips 'stepping out of the shadow of big brother' is total crap though- both teams have done this before. Nets during the Kidd/Carter/Jefferson era when we stunk, then again with the KG/Pierce trade. Clips had Lob City just a couple of years ago, yet the media are acting like this is the first time the Clips have had a better team than the Lakers- it's just ridiculous.

Kyrie might get credit for taking less to 'go home', but he loses more than that for that absolute disgrace of a season he pulled on the Celtics all last season- and somehow pulling off one of the worst playoff performances I've seen from an all star.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

7/16/2019  2:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/16/2019  2:43 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Nalod wrote:Have to give Kyrie a “Sliver” of cred here. He took less money to come “home”. He Choose NYC.

This whole narrative about the Nets and Clips 'stepping out of the shadow of big brother' is total crap though- both teams have done this before. Nets during the Kidd/Carter/Jefferson era when we stunk, then again with the KG/Pierce trade. Clips had Lob City just a couple of years ago, yet the media are acting like this is the first time the Clips have had a better team than the Lakers- it's just ridiculous.

Kyrie might get credit for taking less to 'go home', but he loses more than that for that absolute disgrace of a season he pulled on the Celtics all last season- and somehow pulling off one of the worst playoff performances I've seen from an all star.

Think the Clips will only step out of the LA shadows if they win a chip and be more competitive for years. Will still be hard to replace the followings/history of the Lakers and Knicks. Dont think the Kidd chip team impacted NYC as much as claimed. Fact is those Nets were seen as a Jersey team. Now if they do it as a Brooklyn team, that would be much different. There are many that have already become Nets fans because of their ties to Brooklyn. If they win a chip that will only help them game more momentum.

As for KI, he did have a horrible Bucks series. However, his numbers for the 2 years he was with Boston were good. Had a career high in Assists last year and two of his best shooting percentages as well. I know it makes it easier because we did not get him but dont understand pushing the false narrative about his level of play.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/16/2019  3:52 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Think the Clips will only step out of the LA shadows if they win a chip and be more competitive for years. Will still be hard to replace the followings/history of the Lakers and Knicks. Dont think the Kidd chip team impacted NYC as much as claimed. Fact is those Nets were seen as a Jersey team. Now if they do it as a Brooklyn team, that would be much different. There are many that have already become Nets fans because of their ties to Brooklyn. If they win a chip that will only help them game more momentum.

As for KI, he did have a horrible Bucks series. However, his numbers for the 2 years he was with Boston were good. Had a career high in Assists last year and two of his best shooting percentages as well. I know it makes it easier because we did not get him but dont understand pushing the false narrative about his level of play.

Kyrie is retarded but the man can play. What people forget about how good the run without Kyrie was for Boston in the playoffs is it was amazing because of how WELL Kyrie had been playing. He was having a sick season and really showed another level IMO. Tons of things wrecked last season, and not all of it on Kyrie. Heyward and Stevens wrecked the chemistry. Rozier stunk to start the season. Smart was beyond bad to start the season (right after getting paid). It just wasnt good. It certainly brought out the worst in KI but his first year in Boston was great and was cut short.

I think Knicks would have been fine with KI next year and waiting on KD. I understand why they passed. Time will tell if that was the right move. I would have just signed them both and worked to develop the young guys.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
USA
7/16/2019  4:14 PM

Nets are not close. They fact is the team with Deron-Brook-Johnson was very good and the issue was Garnett and Pierce were toast when they got there.
Dim stars.

Kyrie will bet marketed and will be fun to watch. Winning? That's to be determined. Durant is a flat out superstar and the hype is there.
Durant is without a doubt a top 3 player in the league. What huge get for the Net!!! Media eats it up. Only thing is the guy just blew his heel!!!
The worst injury of this generation. ACL, he can come back. The heel? 50-50%. Awful!!
https://nypost.com/2019/07/16/marcus-morris-addition-gives-knicks-underwhelming-top-duo/
what a sorry article this is. Pure "knicks did not get a star" crap. This is the narrative the Dolan ate up that some how if knicks get a star that's all they need!!
If he wants to discuss basketball then discuss how knicks are better, but lack a closer and thus will likely finish better than 17 wins, but likely not make playoffs until one is established.

Clippers have a higher hill to climb because Lakers are Iconic. KNicks were many many moons ago.
If they want to keep the nets down? They need just win!! A healthy rivalry can be good for both teams.

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
7/17/2019  10:46 PM
The Lakers won because they traded some overhyped youngsters for the very robust AD. They also got a lottery ticket in Cousins. (Btw, wth is up with the Lakers?! It seems like they’re always able to sign or acquire all-star centers at will.)
Utah also won by acquiring Conley to replace Rubio.

Clippers won by getting the only bonafide fa superstar in Leonard.

The media hypes up Brooklyn winning by getting Durant/Kyrie, but really they’re only getting Kyrie at the expense of losing Russell. Lateral move for this season, anyway. DeAndre Jordan is their big net signing.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Chandler
Member: #6197

7/18/2019  7:29 AM
There are a bunch of people up here in Boston who feel Kyrie lost a step

I’m surrounded by Celtics fans and no one is really lamenting his departure

(5)(5)
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/18/2019  6:07 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

7/19/2019  3:25 PM
technomaster wrote:The Lakers won because they traded some overhyped youngsters for the very robust AD. They also got a lottery ticket in Cousins. (Btw, wth is up with the Lakers?! It seems like they’re always able to sign or acquire all-star centers at will.)
Utah also won by acquiring Conley to replace Rubio.

Clippers won by getting the only bonafide fa superstar in Leonard.

The media hypes up Brooklyn winning by getting Durant/Kyrie, but really they’re only getting Kyrie at the expense of losing Russell. Lateral move for this season, anyway. DeAndre Jordan is their big net signing.

I actually think the Lakers lost very badly.

They gutted nearly all their future assets. Which would have been OK if they got Leonard, and they were banking on getting him.

Now they have an aging LBJ and an injury prone AD and are top heavy at the frontline ( AD, LBJ and Kuzma are all basically PFs now)

The Clippers have to be considered the favorites this upcoming season.

LBJ wanted to keep Kuzma but to be honest, moving Kuzma would have meant less volume assets moving in the trade. I really like Kuzma as a fan, but he doesn't fit what they need to do rosterwise with a AD/LBJ heavy team.

LBJ brought this on himself. The poor treatment/media gutting of Kevin Love and Chris Bosh is long remembered around the league and many elite players with real options don't want to play with him.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/19/2019  11:22 PM
Never thought I'd live to see this day. Maybe there's hope for a title in my lifetime.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
USA
7/20/2019  9:57 AM
Lakers are reportedly whining the “got played” by Kawhi. What is funny is remember magic Johnson tweeting how he was asked in on the meetings as if what Magic does every day matters?
I hate to root for bad things despite my fondness for Lebron (The player) but I hope Lakers lack of depth frustrates AD and he sees his future “Melo like” as it was in NY. Then sees our young emerging team just oozing with young assets and cap space as his preferred destination and just walks over as a FA.

Then Smug Magic can Tweet his idiocy!!!

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/20/2019  1:26 PM
Nalod wrote:Lakers are reportedly whining the “got played” by Kawhi. What is funny is remember magic Johnson tweeting how he was asked in on the meetings as if what Magic does every day matters?
I hate to root for bad things despite my fondness for Lebron (The player) but I hope Lakers lack of depth frustrates AD and he sees his future “Melo like” as it was in NY. Then sees our young emerging team just oozing with young assets and cap space as his preferred destination and just walks over as a FA.

Seems like Lakers are one LeBron groin or hamstring injury away from AD being one foot out the door.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
7/20/2019  2:30 PM
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:Lakers are reportedly whining the “got played” by Kawhi. What is funny is remember magic Johnson tweeting how he was asked in on the meetings as if what Magic does every day matters?

Seems like Lakers are one LeBron groin or hamstring injury away from AD being one foot out the door.

That’s the doomsday disaster for the lakers and the dream scenario for us. Not sure if AD could walk away- he’d be despised by laker fans for all eternity

Nalod
USA
7/20/2019  5:59 PM
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:

That’s the doomsday disaster for the lakers and the dream scenario for us. Not sure if AD could walk away- he’d be despised by laker fans for all eternity

They are not exactly loving him in Nola either. Zion was a great distraction for the fans.
AD walking after doing the trade? That would be awful. I don't really think AD walks.

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

7/20/2019  8:25 PM
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:

They are not exactly loving him in Nola either. Zion was a great distraction for the fans.
AD walking after doing the trade? That would be awful. I don't really think AD walks.

He also could go to CHI
Nalod
USA
7/21/2019  2:43 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:

He also could go to CHI

I saw that article. He in town and obviously in interview has to say good stuff about “coming home”.
The mighty bulls have not exactly been a great free agent draw either. Coaching drama, GM drama.....I suppose ownership has has provided good leadership in some time.
I suggested knicks as we were on the short list.

blkexec
Member: #748
7/29/2019  1:33 AM
martin wrote:

Seems like teams are trading star players, even without signing a new contract....Hoping they can persuade AD to signing long term. I just hope we are not faced with the same situation, in trading our young core for AD, with or without him signing a new contract. I don't trust our FO, when it comes to trades.

I can't see the Lakers letting AD just walk out the door, without getting something in return. And I can see some NBA team thinking they can copy Toronto, since it's a copy cat league.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/30/2019  8:44 AM
martin wrote:

I’m not a lover of LeBron but I think a lot of people overlook the guy. If he comes back healthy and stays healthy most of next season, he can end up being back as the best in the league. With that, AD and LeToya can end up winning the championship. I see that as a likely scenario..... followed by LeBron crumbling completely afterward and the Lakers having bad coaching controversies with Kidd and Vogal AFTER AD re-signs.

That’s what I think at least.

Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t love AD to sign here. If one of our 3 PGs turns into something real good then you have one of them, Barrett, Knox, AD and Mitch. That’s sexy.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/30/2019  1:05 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
martin wrote:

I’m not a lover of LeBron but I think a lot of people overlook the guy. If he comes back healthy and stays healthy most of next season, he can end up being back as the best in the league. With that, AD and LeToya can end up winning the championship. I see that as a likely scenario..... followed by LeBron crumbling completely afterward and the Lakers having bad coaching controversies with Kidd and Vogal AFTER AD re-signs.

That’s what I think at least.

Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t love AD to sign here. If one of our 3 PGs turns into something real good then you have one of them, Barrett, Knox, AD and Mitch. That’s sexy.

Was thinking the same thing. LeBron sat out the playoffs for the first time since his early days in the league. Thats a lot of wear and tear at his age. Will be going into the season more rested and prepared than he has been in many years. Still getting old, but I wouldn't bet against him. Guessed right that he was going to play PG. Doesnt get enough credit for being one of the best PGs to ever play the game. And now James will be rested.

Free Agency 2019 (6/30 6pm ET)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy