7/5/2019  12:12 PM

Magic were interested at the trade deadline

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/5/2019  2:49 PM
smackeddog wrote:If Kawhi picks the lakers, how does the media's spiel of the past week regarding the knicks missing out on KD and Kyrie stack up? Clips were their poster child for a well run org that competed, like their beloved Nets. Lakers were a badly run org (they were killing them and Lebron for months), with incompetent management and backstage drama. Are the Clips dumb, a huge failure, a disaster of an offseason because they missed out on their main plan? Should they be blasted for setting expectations too high? Were they idiotic for trading away Tobias Harris for nothing (because remember first round picks don't count, according to their cricisim of the KP trade) JUST to clear cap space?

It's almost as if every FA is different and will have a different criteria for making their decision, and with different personal reasons and draws.

Clippers dont have Dolan. That will remain a problem until it isnt. The Oakley thing was disgusting. Banning fans. He's just so stupid.

The only thing that will change it at this is IMO is for Perry and crew to build a good homegrown team hopefully with a couple stars of our own. People are ****ting on Randle but the talent has always been there and he might be on the precipice of a legit breakout as a scorer, ESPECIALLY if he can get that 3 up to league average (.344 on 2.7) and be a floor spacer. He's already a good ball movers and rebounder. I also liked that we added some pro shooters. I dont think people realize how much that helps us.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

7/5/2019  3:54 PM
fishmike wrote:
smackeddog wrote:If Kawhi picks the lakers, how does the media's spiel of the past week regarding the knicks missing out on KD and Kyrie stack up? Clips were their poster child for a well run org that competed, like their beloved Nets. Lakers were a badly run org (they were killing them and Lebron for months), with incompetent management and backstage drama. Are the Clips dumb, a huge failure, a disaster of an offseason because they missed out on their main plan? Should they be blasted for setting expectations too high? Were they idiotic for trading away Tobias Harris for nothing (because remember first round picks don't count, according to their cricisim of the KP trade) JUST to clear cap space?

It's almost as if every FA is different and will have a different criteria for making their decision, and with different personal reasons and draws.

Clippers dont have Dolan. That will remain a problem until it isnt. The Oakley thing was disgusting. Banning fans. He's just so stupid.

The only thing that will change it at this is IMO is for Perry and crew to build a good homegrown team hopefully with a couple stars of our own. People are ****ting on Randle but the talent has always been there and he might be on the precipice of a legit breakout as a scorer, ESPECIALLY if he can get that 3 up to league average (.344 on 2.7) and be a floor spacer. He's already a good ball movers and rebounder. I also liked that we added some pro shooters. I dont think people realize how much that helps us.

My biggest concern is our pgs don't shoot 3s well, including Payton. defender will sag and the floor and flow changes. Perhaps we'll run offense through RJ or Randle a ton and that can change things -- we'll see. Maybe Payton's there more for defense than to run the plays through

On a related note, take a look at De'aaron fox from year 1 (when people were like -- uh oh Sac screwed up again) to year 2 (when people were like -- he's a rising star). his 3% went from .307 (essentially where our pgs are) to .37 (respectable). Made all the difference for his teammates, and even for himself as guys needed to play him tighter and he could use his elite speed more effectively

I agree Dolan is huge factor, but the whole FO certainly didn't disabuse people of the notion that somehow things were going to be different in terms of FAs.

the other difference with the Clips is they've been winning with Rivers. They dumped good players and still won. they earn some slack

(5)(5)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/5/2019  4:29 PM
Clippers have to grow talent to attract "Stars" to play with "Stars".

Dolan is aweful but is that the real reason or good media fodder? Other than Oak, has Dolan embattled a player while on roster besides Spree?
Spree kinda tested everyone. He choked Carlisimo. His antics in NY showing up late or broken was not on court stuff. Minny he declined but still managed to look bad rejecting their offer.
His on court tirade at dolan was off the charts in bad taste. Not that Dolan did not deserve it, but the fans had to be subject to it.
He is an ass. Some players rave over his generosity.

My take is not to be an dolan fan boy apologist, but its not too often "Stars" shake loose and knicks are just not worthy of being in the conversation. This year they were.
Was dolan the tilting point? I doubt it.

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/6/2019  3:21 AM

Great, great, great trade for OKC who were going nowhere, get why Clips will get praise, but I think they'll come to regret it, as will the Lakers with the AD trade- both those teams have surrendered their futures with some pretty significant unprotected first for many years to come. Also remember PG just had surgery on BOTH his shoulders.

I think the Clips have a better shot at a chip than the Lakers, but the battle between those two teams should be great for fans.

Melo trade now no longer anywhere near the biggest benchmark for trade acquisition!

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/6/2019  8:34 AM
smackeddog wrote:

Great, great, great trade for OKC who were going nowhere, get why Clips will get praise, but I think they'll come to regret it, as will the Lakers with the AD trade- both those teams have surrendered their futures with some pretty significant unprotected first for many years to come. Also remember PG just had surgery on BOTH his shoulders.

I think the Clips have a better shot at a chip than the Lakers, but the battle between those two teams should be great for fans.

Melo trade now no longer anywhere near the biggest benchmark for trade acquisition!

Omg that’s a crazy trade! I guess it made sense for both teams since the Clippers are getting Kawhi too?

Those trades where one team gives up so much of their future picks are scary, though.

Knicks_Fan
smackeddog
7/6/2019  11:50 AM
Knicksfan wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Omg that’s a crazy trade! I guess it made sense for both teams since the Clippers are getting Kawhi too?

Those trades where one team gives up so much of their future picks are scary, though.

Yeah, what I wonder about- is what right do fans now have the right to take away from Lakers/Clips fans in 4 or 5 years. I get that you'll always maybe sacrifice a bit of the future, but the extent to which both these team have mortgaged their draft picks for over half a decade seems a bit unfair to their future fans

CleaverGreene
Member: #8756

7/6/2019  2:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/6/2019  4:06 PM
Stanley Johnson signs with Raptors.

Never been a giant fan of his, though he's had some moments. Two years at $7.5M total is not much at all, and he's still only 23.

Always had a strange shot, and he has never been able to hit consistently from deep.

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/6/2019  2:36 PM
CleaverGreene wrote:Stanley Johnson resigns with the Pelicans.

Never been a giant fan of his, though he's had some moments. Two years at $7.5M total is not much at all, and he's still only 23.

Always had a strange shot, and he has never been able to hit consistently from deep.

Raptors, right? Last year with Pelicans.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CleaverGreene
Member: #8756

7/6/2019  4:09 PM
martin wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:Stanley Johnson resigns with the Pelicans.

Raptors, right? Last year with Pelicans.

Yup...read the bottom tweet incorrectly.

I guess the Raptors won't have to worry about the loss of Leonard now that they have Stanley to replace him.

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
smackeddog
7/6/2019  4:40 PM

martin
USA
7/6/2019  4:46 PM
smackeddog wrote:

Hahahahahaha that was awesome

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/6/2019  4:59 PM
smackeddog wrote:

LMAO "Chris Brousard said we're signing him? We're not going to get him."

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
7/6/2019  5:22 PM
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/6/2019  8:07 PM
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/6/2019  11:46 PM
Somethings up. Is Dallas getting in on a Westbrook deal? https://www.reddit.com/r/Mavericks/comments/ca1vy3/tim_macmahon_mavs_intend_to_hold_off_on_making/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
7/6/2019  11:51 PM
CrushAlot
USA
7/6/2019  11:55 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Somethings up. Is Dallas getting in on a Westbrook deal? https://www.reddit.com/r/Mavericks/comments/ca1vy3/tim_macmahon_mavs_intend_to_hold_off_on_making/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

CrushAlot
USA
7/7/2019  12:03 AM
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/7/2019  12:09 AM
smackeddog wrote:

Hahahaha Knicks and Lakers fans sound so similar 😂

Knicks_Fan
Free Agency 2019 (6/30 6pm ET)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy