Author Thread
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/3/2019  6:06 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Jalen Rose said he heard that Kawhi is reupping with Toronto for 2 more years.

Can’t help but wonder if Kawhi intended to sign with the raptors all along and just strung this out to stop the lakers signing any significant FAs (takes out a finals rival)- makes this long decision making process make sense. If he stays with the raptors, the lakers are screwed, there are no good FAs left, next years FA class is trash and they have zero picks or assets left to acquire extra talent. They have Lebron, Kuzma, AD and nothing else.

Yeah could be. I was also thinking about how Kawhi’s team was trying to squeeze the most out of the three suitors.

Analysts are guessing that Cousins will go to the Lakers, if Kawhi doesnt.

Lakers need guards that can shoot...The FA landscape is pretty much dried up...

AUTOADVERT
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

7/3/2019  6:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/3/2019  10:07 PM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:Luke Kornet signs 2 year deal with Bulls.
VMART is crushed and will be comparing every Knick contract by saying "why give Randle $20mm when we should have had Kornet for $2mm?"

Thats ridiculous. Kornet would never be as good as Randle. Now Kanter... Lol.

What up Fish.

I have accepted the missed top tier guys in Free agency. Received the blue pill mailed out by Mills to all season ticket holders and suddenly I felt better the next day. Spring break 2021 wooooo!!

Okay with Randle,Payton and Bullocks. A bit high priced but hell, who cares now. Curious about Portis. Mostly focused and excited about watching the progress and first years of our young kids. RJ, Iggy, Mitch, Knox, Smith, Frank, Trier and Dot. Hope they shock the world.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/3/2019  6:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/3/2019  6:46 PM
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Jalen Rose said he heard that Kawhi is reupping with Toronto for 2 more years.

Can’t help but wonder if Kawhi intended to sign with the raptors all along and just strung this out to stop the lakers signing any significant FAs (takes out a finals rival)- makes this long decision making process make sense. If he stays with the raptors, the lakers are screwed, there are no good FAs left, next years FA class is trash and they have zero picks or assets left to acquire extra talent. They have Lebron, Kuzma, AD and nothing else.

Yeah could be. I was also thinking about how Kawhi’s team was trying to squeeze the most out of the three suitors.

Analysts are guessing that Cousins will go to the Lakers, if Kawhi doesnt.

Lakers need guards that can shoot...The FA landscape is pretty much dried up...

Agree, but for what Cousins would probably be paid, tbe bang for the buck might be too much to pass on. That would be one hell of a frontcourt, if they both stay relatively healthy. LeBron has been a trend buster, as far as winning in spite of conditions that historically prevent other teams from succeeding. If LeBron is back to 100 percent, he sbould be able to offset any shooting problems, as AD and Cousins can shoot the rock.

TripleThreat
Member: #3997

7/4/2019  2:10 AM
GustavBahler wrote:

Agree, but for what Cousins would probably be paid, tbe bang for the buck might be too much to pass on. That would be one hell of a frontcourt, if they both stay relatively healthy. LeBron has been a trend buster, as far as winning in spite of conditions that historically prevent other teams from succeeding. If LeBron is back to 100 percent, he sbould be able to offset any shooting problems, as AD and Cousins can shoot the rock.

LBJ created many of these "conditions" by being LeGM, the village idiot who was the de facto personnel guy on many of these poorly built teams.

If AD, LBJ and Cousins are all on the floor together, that neutralizes Kuzma and you lose his shooting. Unless you want Kuzma playing the wing. Cousins would need to run the offense as he's actually an elite passing big man. And he'd have to camp on the perimeter for there to be any floor spacing at all for LBJ and AD. Does LBJ want to move off the ball? He's never shown much desire to move off the ball since his Heat days with Wade.

LeGM runs into the same problem over and over again. Teams built around expensive power forwards ( This time not Love and Tristan Thompson) in AD, LBJ ( he's a point PF now at this stage of his career) and soon to be expensive Kuzma.

smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
7/4/2019  11:07 AM
If Kawhi doesn't pick the Clips, will they be blasted and ridiculed like we were? I suspect not!
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/4/2019  12:29 PM
smackeddog wrote:If Kawhi doesn't pick the Clips, will they be blasted and ridiculed like we were? I suspect not!

You know it!

Knicks_Fan
Chandler
Member: #6197

7/4/2019  2:10 PM
Clips didn’t run their mouth off like we did about culture change, FA destination

Time will tell how it works out but Mills offered an apology because he knows how horrible it was handled.

Team looked like a clown show starting w Dolan and extending through FO and CS

Paid 70 mill for role players. A year from now we’ll be able to assess

My own guess is this will be Perry and Mills and Fizzdales last NBA gigs

(5)(5)
smackeddog
7/4/2019  2:38 PM
Knicks offseason in a nutshell :

Think we recovered as smoothly as possible given the circumstances!

smackeddog
7/4/2019  2:39 PM
Chandler wrote:Clips didn’t run their mouth off like we did about culture change, FA destination

Time will tell how it works out but Mills offered an apology because he knows how horrible it was handled.

Sure...

Perry was very consistent in what he said, if you chose not to listen to him that's on you

Chandler
Member: #6197

7/4/2019  3:00 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Chandler wrote:Clips didn’t run their mouth off like we did about culture change, FA destination

Sure...

Perry was very consistent in what he said, if you chose not to listen to him that's on you

Smacked I think you’re probably right about that

The bravado was by far mostly Dolan. I think you’re right that perry was probably the most measured response

Having said that I still think this is their last gig. I wish Dolan could be fired too

(5)(5)
Knicksfan
USA
7/4/2019  3:03 PM
smackeddog wrote:Knicks offseason in a nutshell :

HAHAHA

Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
USA
7/4/2019  3:05 PM
Chandler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Sure...

Smacked I think you’re probably right about that

The bravado was by far mostly Dolan. I think you’re right that perry was probably the most measured response

Having said that I still think this is their last gig. I wish Dolan could be fired too

Yeah, it was mostly Dolan hyping up the free agency. True

Knicks_Fan
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/4/2019  11:10 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/5/2019  8:51 AM
There was a change of culture. We did not panic.
“Missing on guys”..........We did not pay ransom for AD, Durant made the right choice for himself and perhaps for us also. Kawhi is still in some alternative universe and all Dolan did was get a few fans hopes up.

Dolan.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/5/2019  10:34 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:Luke Kornet signs 2 year deal with Bulls.
VMART is crushed and will be comparing every Knick contract by saying "why give Randle $20mm when we should have had Kornet for $2mm?"

Thats ridiculous. Kornet would never be as good as Randle. Now Kanter... Lol.

What up Fish.

I have accepted the missed top tier guys in Free agency. Received the blue pill mailed out by Mills to all season ticket holders and suddenly I felt better the next day. Spring break 2021 wooooo!!

Okay with Randle,Payton and Bullocks. A bit high priced but hell, who cares now. Curious about Portis. Mostly focused and excited about watching the progress and first years of our young kids. RJ, Iggy, Mitch, Knox, Smith, Frank, Trier and Dot. Hope they shock the world.

I totally agree. I feel like we added a starter in Randle, and two guys who *could* end up being good rotation guys in Portis and Payton. Disappointed we missed some of the bigger fish but we are not entitled to them. Knicks took good steps to being a better team and a real team.

Im excited to see how Fizdale coaches a real team and manages all these guys. Hopefully things remains trending upward.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/5/2019  10:42 AM

OMG this is freakin great! And perfect.. this is the Knicks offseason for sure.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/5/2019  10:58 AM
fishmike wrote:

OMG this is freakin great! And perfect.. this is the Knicks offseason for sure.

Hahahaha....is the girl in the green tights supposed to represent Kawhi or Durant. I might've had the same reaction if she walked by.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/5/2019  11:26 AM
Nalod wrote:There was a change of culture. We did not panic.
“Missing on guys”..........We did not pay ransom for AD, Durant made the right choice for himself and perhaps for us also. Kawhi is still in some alternative universe and all Dolan did was get a few fans hopes up.

Dolan.

Media screams for months on end that Dolan hasn't talked to the press... Dolan speaks of optimism and then gets trashed for "promising" that all the free agents are coming to NY. And you wonder why the Knicks would rather him not talk to the media.

Rinse and repeat

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
7/5/2019  11:32 AM
If Kawhi picks the lakers, how does the media's spiel of the past week regarding the knicks missing out on KD and Kyrie stack up? Clips were their poster child for a well run org that competed, like their beloved Nets. Lakers were a badly run org (they were killing them and Lebron for months), with incompetent management and backstage drama. Are the Clips dumb, a huge failure, a disaster of an offseason because they missed out on their main plan? Should they be blasted for setting expectations too high? Were they idiotic for trading away Tobias Harris for nothing (because remember first round picks don't count, according to their cricisim of the KP trade) JUST to clear cap space?

It's almost as if every FA is different and will have a different criteria for making their decision, and with different personal reasons and draws.

smackeddog
7/5/2019  11:53 AM
Free Agency 2019 (6/30 6pm ET)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy