Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

FU Martin, he took a discount!

kinda tells you his value. He's great for that value.

Kanter was given 6 minutes to take or leave Portland's offer. Kanter didnt like the strongarm tactics, right after playing with a separated shoulder, and being the biggest reason they didnt get knocked out in the first round.

We dont know what they offered him. Pretty sure he could have gotten more if he wanted to play for a small market team, not a contender.

45 minutes, wow. I like Lillard, but that was a weak thing to do right after maxing out. Kanter wanted to talk to his family in Turkey first, through channels, because they will be jailed if they're caught. Not a very classy move by the Blazers or Lillard.

Portland wouldn’t have gotten as far as they did without Kanter.

Maybe, but they probably perform better with a healthy Nukic. Plus they Collins keeps improving and you have a nearly $70 million backcourt and you finding yourself needing to trim the fat. Boston is a good fit for Enes tho.

Yes but they didn’t have Nukic. Kanter did a great job filling in with what i believe was a separated shoulder.

Whether it was 6 minutes or 45 minutes, that’s piss poor business practice to give someone a short time frame like that. It’s essentially saying “FU Enes, we don’t want you here but here’s a bone to throw at your face for a few minutes.” Just tell him you aren’t interested. At least you aren’t burning a bridge, if you want to look at it selfishly.

Think there could be a case made that Knater may end up better than Randle, who we just paid $21 million.

I can guarantee you that no one is ever going to make that case.

Believe this is likely the best we will see from Kanter. Looking at what he did in the playoffs with one shoulder. Doing a great job of defending Jokic, MVP candidate.

His showing a midrange jumper. Id say that right now Kanter is the better player. When Randle can do what Kanter just did, Being the main reason a team was able to recover from the loss of a star player, and go deep in the playoffs. Then Randle can make that claim. Only one of them has proven themselves in the playoffs. Not a one off like Jerome James.

He did all that and Portland still released him...And the Celts only signed him for 5 mil per...why do you think that is?

They didnt release Kanter because they didnt want him back. They released him because they gave him less than an hour to decide wether or not to accept their offer (we dont know what it was)

Thats why Kanter left. Made it clear when he was in NY, made it clear with his performance in the playoffs, that he wants to win a chip. That likely means taking less to play for a contender. Boston believes Kanter can help them in the playoffs. Thats the important part.

AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/2/2019  9:08 PM
Mudiay just signed with the Jazz!
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/2/2019  9:10 PM
Uptown wrote:Mudiay just signed with the Jazz!

Happy for him. Good situation.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

7/2/2019  9:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/2/2019  9:22 PM
Luke Kornet signs 2 year deal with Bulls.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/2/2019  9:25 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Happy for him. Good situation.

Agree, Mudiay worked hard for another opportunity. Guessing he will be instant offense off the bench in limited minutes. Maybe Conley can help Mudiay become a better distributor.

wargames
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6053

7/2/2019  9:30 PM

He deserves it. I hope he gets regular minutes

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/2/2019  10:47 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:Luke Kornet signs 2 year deal with Bulls.

Aww I wanted him back. Good for him.

It’s funny how everyone bullies the Knicks saying none of their players are NBA talent, then don’t hesitate to sign them when available.

Knicks_Fan
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/3/2019  3:41 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Might have missed this in all the player movement. Going to be interesting team to watch next season. Dragic dominates the ball, more than Smith jr. Be interesting to see how Dragic adjusts to Doncic dominating the ball.

I think that trade got cancelled. In the end Heat are keeping Dragic and had to do a 4 team trade with the Blazers, Sixers and Clips instead

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

7/3/2019  9:48 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/3/2019  9:51 AM
One of our FA targets in in the gym!

Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood....

Looking forward to Friday's over reaction to everything! As per summer league MO.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/3/2019  10:03 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:One of our FA targets in in the gym!

Looking forward to Friday's over reaction to everything! As per summer league MO.

0-13. Lol

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/3/2019  11:37 AM
Cousins looking for big contract that never came:

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/3/2019  1:31 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:Luke Kornet signs 2 year deal with Bulls.
VMART is crushed and will be comparing every Knick contract by saying "why give Randle $20mm when we should have had Kornet for $2mm?"
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Chandler
Member: #6197

7/3/2019  1:46 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:One of our FA targets in in the gym!

flexible one year deal coming up.

(5)(5)
GustavBahler

7/3/2019  4:35 PM
Jalen Rose said he heard that Kawhi is reupping with Toronto for 2 more years.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/3/2019  4:49 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Jalen Rose said he heard that Kawhi is reupping with Toronto for 2 more years.

That's what I figured would happen. I know he loved the Lakers, but that spot never really made sense from a "brand" building and media scrutiny perspective. I'd say we should start flipping out role players for Lakers assets, but it would be too much trouble get clearance from the New Orleans Pelicans first.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/3/2019  5:01 PM
some of the Kawhi stuff with the lakers was weird. The magic stuff, the questions, the inquiry of why they don't use left handed tooth picks, the request for special toothpaste, and they hire him a "Sock Valet" as a bit over the top.

IM making stuff up. But there was some weird stuff. Uncle Dennis is a patient man?

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/3/2019  5:12 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Jalen Rose said he heard that Kawhi is reupping with Toronto for 2 more years.

Can’t help but wonder if Kawhi intended to sign with the raptors all along and just strung this out to stop the lakers signing any significant FAs (takes out a finals rival)- makes this long decision making process make sense. If he stays with the raptors, the lakers are screwed, there are no good FAs left, next years FA class is trash and they have zero picks or assets left to acquire extra talent. They have Lebron, Kuzma, AD and nothing else.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/3/2019  5:43 PM
That makes a lot of sense. The Raptors did right by him with load management. Ujiri might be the best executive in the league. I think Nurse is a great coach. Kawhi seemed comfortable there. Got d for him. Also, his going to the Lakers would reallly suck.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/3/2019  5:44 PM
smackeddog wrote:

Can’t help but wonder if Kawhi intended to sign with the raptors all along and just strung this out to stop the lakers signing any significant FAs (takes out a finals rival)- makes this long decision making process make sense. If he stays with the raptors, the lakers are screwed, there are no good FAs left, next years FA class is trash and they have zero picks or assets left to acquire extra talent. They have Lebron, Kuzma, AD and nothing else.

Yeah could be. I was also thinking about how Kawhi’s team was trying to squeeze the most out of the three suitors.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler

7/3/2019  5:55 PM
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Yeah could be. I was also thinking about how Kawhi’s team was trying to squeeze the most out of the three suitors.

Analysts are guessing that Cousins will go to the Lakers, if Kawhi doesnt.

Free Agency 2019 (6/30 6pm ET)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy