[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Free Agency 2019 (6/30 6pm ET)
Author Thread
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

7/1/2019  9:40 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:Russell to GSW works while Klay rehabs. Great luxury to have Klay take his time returning. Klay can play some SF.
Russell is an asset that can be traded as well down the road.

Not so sure how well it will work. GSW loses one of their best defenders in exchange for one of the worst perimeter defenders in the league. Still, I agree that GSW needed to do this move. Beggars can't be choosers in this situation.

was a super smart move for GS. Iggy is 35. He's in great shape and can continue to contribute but GS just got younger, will probably find a way to torment teams with 3 guard line-ups when Klay returns, and worst case can trade Deangelo if he continues to play as well as he did for the Nets

We should have absorbed Iggy

(5)(5)
AUTOADVERT
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
7/1/2019  11:33 AM
With the Ellington signing, the Knicks have hit the minimum salary. They have about $10mm left. I'm guessing they get a PG like Elfrid Payton next. We will see though.
This is the Randle.
blkexec
Member: #748
7/1/2019  11:36 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:With the Ellington signing, the Knicks have hit the minimum salary. They have about $10mm left. I'm guessing they get a PG like Elfrid Payton next. We will see though.

Agree....I think PG is the need right now. But do you add a starting PG or backup for DSJ?

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
EwingsGlass
USA
7/1/2019  12:44 PM
blkexec wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:With the Ellington signing, the Knicks have hit the minimum salary. They have about $10mm left. I'm guessing they get a PG like Elfrid Payton next. We will see though.

Agree....I think PG is the need right now. But do you add a starting PG or backup for DSJ?

Its DSJ's job to lose. He is a RFA after this year, I would give him the chance to earn his next contract. With only $10MM to play with (and the room exception if they use the 10mm), I doubt you will find a player better than DSJ. I'd guess a vet presence to help him grow is the best -- someone with a defensive presence that may inspire him to be a two way player.

This is the Randle.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

7/1/2019  12:48 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Its DSJ's job to lose. He is a RFA after this year, I would give him the chance to earn his next contract. With only $10MM to play with (and the room exception if they use the 10mm), I doubt you will find a player better than DSJ. I'd guess a vet presence to help him grow is the best -- someone with a defensive presence that may inspire him to be a two way player.

he has one more option before he is a RFa. So 2022
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/1/2019  1:39 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
EwingsGlass
USA
7/1/2019  1:55 PM

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/knicks-elfrid-payton-agrees-to-deal-with-knicks/

Elfrid Payton it is.

This is the Randle.
Chandler

7/1/2019  2:01 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/knicks-elfrid-payton-agrees-to-deal-with-knicks/

Elfrid Payton it is.

Another pg who can't hit 3's (.302 %); his numbers are actually worse than Frank's

Perry's career epithet, "I liked Mario twice; I liked Elfrid twice"

(5)(5)
martin
USA
7/1/2019  2:19 PM
Chandler

7/1/2019  2:22 PM
martin wrote:

My crystal ball says Celtics will pursue Kaminsky too; old habits die hard

(5)(5)
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/1/2019  5:44 PM
martin wrote:

FU Martin, he took a discount!

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/1/2019  6:50 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

kinda tells you his value. He's great for that value.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/1/2019  6:57 PM
Chandler wrote:
martin wrote:

My crystal ball says Celtics will pursue Kaminsky too; old habits die hard

Kaminsky signs elsewhere for the same deal as Enes. Kinda shows how much the league values Enes n
despite his counting stats. Big men don't necessarily need to stretch the floor. But they do need to have a clue about switching on defense.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
7/1/2019  6:57 PM
“A source close to Durant also told The Undefeated there were several things that took place over the past year that caused the star to leave. While Durant’s shocking move to join the Warriors in 2016 quickly paid dividends for him — two straight championships and two Finals MVP awards — there was always the sense that the 10-time All-Star felt like a distant second fiddle to Stephen Curry.

“Perhaps it would have helped the Warriors’ cause if their fans showed more love and appreciation for Durant’s elite achievements.

“Curry regularly received MVP chants from the Warriors crowd when he shot free throws, while that didn’t become commonplace for Durant until this past postseason.”

http://www.knbr.com/2019/07/01/kevin-durant-felt-like-distant-second-fiddle-to-stephen-curry-report/

I was told when they announced that Durant signed with the Nets at the Mets game yesterday the crowed booed loudly. He isn't gonna like being 2nd fiddle to the Knicks while playing for Brooklyn.

The length of Dinwidde, Levert, Prince Jordan with Kyrie and Durant. They could really come together nicely in terms of fit. But at the same time they are gonna have to pay Levert and Prince after this coming season.

Prince is one to keep an eye on if we can poach him from the Nets. If they get hesitant on paying everyone.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
GustavBahler

7/1/2019  7:02 PM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

Kanter was given 6 minutes to take or leave Portland's offer. Kanter didnt like the strongarm tactics, right after playing with a separated shoulder, and being the biggest reason they didnt get knocked out in the first round.

We dont know what they offered him. Pretty sure he could have gotten more if he wanted to play for a small market team, not a contender.

martin
USA
7/1/2019  7:05 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

Kanter was given 6 minutes to take or leave Portland's offer. Kanter didnt like the strongarm tactics, right after playing with a separated shoulder, and being the biggest reason they didnt get knocked out in the first round.

We dont know what they offered him. Pretty sure he could have gotten more if he wanted to play for a small market team, not a contender.

GustavBahler

7/1/2019  7:10 PM
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

45 minutes, wow. I like Lillard, but that was a weak thing to do right after maxing out. Kanter wanted to talk to his family in Turkey first, through channels, because they will be jailed if they're caught. Not a very classy move by the Blazers or Lillard.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/1/2019  7:35 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

45 minutes, wow. I like Lillard, but that was a weak thing to do right after maxing out. Kanter wanted to talk to his family in Turkey first, through channels, because they will be jailed if they're caught. Not a very classy move by the Blazers or Lillard.

Portland wouldn’t have gotten as far as they did without Kanter.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/1/2019  8:48 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

Portland wouldn’t have gotten as far as they did without Kanter.

Maybe, but they probably perform better with a healthy Nukic. Plus they Collins keeps improving and you have a nearly $70 million backcourt and you finding yourself needing to trim the fat. Boston is a good fit for Enes tho.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/2/2019  6:34 AM
Any news on Kornet?
Free Agency 2019 (6/30 6pm ET)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy