Warriors or Lakers in his future?

gleague

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/24/2019  11:17 PM
Berman article tonite about nets having an advantage.......
The Nets could have an upper hand in gaining knowledge as Durant’s surgery was performed by Dr. Martin O’Malley, who is the Nets’ orthopedist. Still, O’Malley was a past Knicks consultant and Mills knows him well.

Does this dumb ass reporter think his readers are........Oh wait. Based on what I have read I guess he does.

My point. There is the "Hippa" laws. Can't just give our patients informations without permission. So If Durant wants his employer or future employer to know his status, he has to sign off on it.

C'mon Berman, your really that hard up for content?
You got my goat, but not taking the bait. Im cool with no Durant. Either way really. He hurt, we walk into this with eyes wide open. He goes to another team its one thing we don't have to sweat out in three years his deal killing us.

If Knicks1248 says I should be mad at our FO, Im thinking we should give them extensions!!!!

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/24/2019  11:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/25/2019  12:35 AM
The integrity of actual reporting has taken a back seat to hot takes and getting the scoop first. These hot takes has reporters making asinine assumptions...these reporters are losing credibility...
ekstarks94
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6104

6/24/2019  11:49 PM
Uptown wrote:The integrity of actual reporting has taken a back seat to hot takes and getting the scoop first. These hit takes has reporters making asinine assumptions...these reporters are losing credibility...

Slow news day in lead up to FA...

Nalod
USA
6/25/2019  11:48 AM
ekstarks94 wrote:
Uptown wrote:The integrity of actual reporting has taken a back seat to hot takes and getting the scoop first. These hit takes has reporters making asinine assumptions...these reporters are losing credibility...

media says Durant is pissed at Warriors. Kerr say's he was told KD couldn't get hurt like he did. This for real? Durant sits, puts ice on it, then goes back in game? WTF was that? Pain? Then body is telling you to stop. Ice a muscle then play on it? He knows better than that.
Blame? Yeah, I guess I'd be pissed too. This dude is going to make nearly 200mm but hard part is seeing the future.
Results based: Sign this guy. Reality is he likely comes back. In NY, he'll be heralded a hero. If not, he'll regret it for years.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/25/2019  1:01 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

6/25/2019  1:12 PM
Great Article not the usual hit piece on the knicks

Clean
Member: #743
6/25/2019  5:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/25/2019  5:03 PM
Nalod wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:

media says Durant is pissed at Warriors. Kerr say's he was told KD couldn't get hurt like he did. This for real? Durant sits, puts ice on it, then goes back in game? WTF was that? Pain? Then body is telling you to stop. Ice a muscle then play on it? He knows better than that.
Blame? Yeah, I guess I'd be pissed too. This dude is going to make nearly 200mm but hard part is seeing the future.
Results based: Sign this guy. Reality is he likely comes back. In NY, he'll be heralded a hero. If not, he'll regret it for years.

This appears to be what the Warriors do. They lie to the media and the players teammates. Listen to Iggy explain the same thing happened to him last year. Iggy had a fractured leg and the Warriors put out that he had a simple bone bruise. I still believe that KD had a minor Achilles injury that they downplayed and said was a strained calf. All the signs were there.

https://streamable.com/dap8d

His situation is exactly what happened to KD. I seriously doubt KD goes back to the Warriors.

blkexec
Member: #748
6/25/2019  5:23 PM
Nalod wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:

I don't know I believe this....How can people watching TV know KD was going to get hurt, if he came back and played, but people close to him said otherwise.

I know from experience...When you get a strain calf, and it feels like someone kicked you, which is why KD looked back, you have to treat the recovery like a strain Achilles. Since there's a lack of blood flow in that area, it naturally takes months to heal...Then another 2-3 weeks to get your calf / Achilles back to game strength.

It's obvious, people around him know about the risk...But ignored it since they were down 1-3 on the verge of losing to the Raptors. If they were up 3-1, KD would've never played.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
Member: #748
6/25/2019  5:26 PM
When KD returned, I told a friend that KD must have gotten a Regenerative Treatment....That's the only way you can come back that early from that type of injury. KD makes too much money not to know about this.

https://twincitiespainmanagement.com/blog/professional-athletes-opting-regenerative-medicine-treatments

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/25/2019  9:48 PM
This wont help GS's rep.

Andre Iguodala: I broke my leg last year, but Warriors called it just a bruise

https://sports.yahoo.com/andre-iguodala-broke-leg-last-191505105.html

Nalod
USA
6/25/2019  10:35 PM
Don’t what they called it, as long as the players are treated properly.
If KD was rushed/pressured and then lied to, then its awful. If they were hiding his injury to distract opponent and keep them guessing then no harm done. Kind of shyt Patriots would pull.
I tore my calf twice. First time really bad. I looked back as i thought an arrow was shot into me. Second time was more like KD reaction.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/26/2019  12:01 AM
Nalod wrote:Don’t what they called it, as long as the players are treated properly.
If KD was rushed/pressured and then lied to, then its awful. If they were hiding his injury to distract opponent and keep them guessing then no harm done. Kind of shyt Patriots would pull.
I tore my calf twice. First time really bad. I looked back as i thought an arrow was shot into me. Second time was more like KD reaction.

Isn’t this malpractice though? All of those doctors could lose their licenses if this type of story gains steam and heads into the courtroom. Maybe the Warriors higher ups threatened them?

If this is true, then Klay should leave as well AND Green and Curry should demand trades.

This strikes me as not worth the risk if I were all involved. May e I am just being naive.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Nalod
USA
6/26/2019  8:11 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Don’t what they called it, as long as the players are treated properly.

Isn’t this malpractice though? All of those doctors could lose their licenses if this type of story gains steam and heads into the courtroom. Maybe the Warriors higher ups threatened them?

If this is true, then Klay should leave as well AND Green and Curry should demand trades.

This strikes me as not worth the risk if I were all involved. May e I am just being naive.

I hear you. But all we got are rumors that KD is pissed at warriors but we don’t have the specifics. He might be pissed the deflection made him look bad or caused a media pressure, but that’s not a medical decision. He might be pissed irrationally in some way? KD is a different kind of dude. He is very sensitive of how he is perceived in the public.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/26/2019  8:34 AM
Nalod wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

I hear you. But all we got are rumors that KD is pissed at warriors but we don’t have the specifics. He might be pissed the deflection made him look bad or caused a media pressure, but that’s not a medical decision. He might be pissed irrationally in some way? KD is a different kind of dude. He is very sensitive of how he is perceived in the public.

Correct and that makes me very concerned about how he is with our media and our young team. I really don’t see him signing with us. I like him too.

Kawhi seems far more equipped to handle this.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/26/2019  3:21 PM

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/27/2019  8:36 AM
Begley on The Bank Shot pod just said the Knicks don't see Kyrie as a 1A guy. He is only a Knick if there is another star. Begley clarified this is his opinion.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
USA
6/27/2019  9:07 AM
Personally I think MOrey and MDA are doing a great job squeezing every ounce out of what they have. Some see it as they “Can’t get over the hump”. I Think the fact they get to the hump is impressive!
That he has the balls to try to get Butler in this manner is awesome.

Very different class of FA’s this year. Wide open on many fronts. Durant and Kawhi not very transparent and injuries changed the course. I wonder if we go after Russell?

Chandler
Member: #6197

6/27/2019  9:52 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Begley on The Bank Shot pod just said the Knicks don't see Kyrie as a 1A guy. He is only a Knick if there is another star. Begley clarified this is his opinion.

I saw an article the other day (sorry no link) that some NBA execs only see (present day) Kyrie as a 10 million talent. Of course, he'll get more than that but it was interesting

I personally have concerns about his ability to stay on the court, and his leadership, but there is no doubting that he can be both clutch and electric

(5)(5)
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/28/2019  10:44 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/28/2019  10:46 AM
They're saying Kawhi might go to the Lakers, hope not. Also heard from Stephen A Smith, that Durant might not give the Knicks an interview in person. If the Knicks really wanted Kyrie, Im guessing Kyrie would be leaning towards NY..Perry/Mills probably wanting to know what KD will do first.

Durant wouldnt know what the Knicks would look like when he got back. All he knows that its a young, unproven, team. Not surprising if Durant passes at this time. Guessing Irving might go to Bklyn, because they didnt qualify their interest in him.

Dont believe tbe Knicks are going to be seen as really being "under new mgmt" until this young core looks like it could play a role with a contender. Right now elite FAs will probably take a wait and see attitude.

Free Agency 2019 (6/30 6pm ET)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy