[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Free Agency 2019 (6/30 6pm ET)
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
6/22/2019  5:49 PM
smackeddog wrote:I think we’ll strike out on the big FAs we’ve targeted and will end up signing Elfrid Payton and Rondae Hollis Jefferson to one year deals (I don’t mean that as a bad thing, I’d take a shot with both of them)

I would love for the Knicks to get RHJ. He plays really hard and will have something to prove. I am hoping the Knicks give DSJ and Kadeem a long look at the point guard spot. Payton is another guy that needs minutes.
Also, I remember RHJ playing really tough d on KP when they match up. It probably shouldn’t matter but shutting KP down the two time the Knicks play the Mavs means a lot to me.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/22/2019  7:16 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:I think we’ll strike out on the big FAs we’ve targeted and will end up signing Elfrid Payton and Rondae Hollis Jefferson to one year deals (I don’t mean that as a bad thing, I’d take a shot with both of them)

I would love for the Knicks to get RHJ. He plays really hard and will have something to prove. I am hoping the Knicks give DSJ and Kadeem a long look at the point guard spot. Payton is another guy that needs minutes.
Also, I remember RHJ playing really tough d on KP when they match up. It probably shouldn’t matter but shutting KP down the two time the Knicks play the Mavs means a lot to me.

If they give DSJr a shot, and he doesnt look like the answer going forward, there is always the draft. Maybe use one of those extra first rounders to trade up, if necessary. Hope it wont come to that. DSJr panning out would be a timesaver.

CrushAlot
USA
6/22/2019  10:32 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

If they give DSJr a shot, and he doesnt look like the answer going forward, there is always the draft. Maybe use one of those extra first rounders to trade up, if necessary. Hope it wont come to that. DSJr panning out would be a timesaver.

Posted a tweet where his second year numbers were compared to DLo's. They were almost identical. I want to see Smith after he has a training camp with his teammates and coaching staff. I also really liked what I saw from Kadeem Allen.
CrushAlot
USA
6/23/2019  12:18 AM
Cauley-Stein wants out of Sac.
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/23/2019  2:50 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Cauley-Stein wants out of Sac.

Perry will have a good idea if he's worth picking up- I always like his highlights, but he's he's meant to be pretty bad, especially on defense.

smackeddog
6/23/2019  2:54 AM
wargames wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Nalod wrote:Nets are sneaky good.
What is Sean Marks relationship with Kawhi? Sean was there in SAS for years.
Kawhi and resign Russell has a very sensible vibe.

I'm getting so fed up of the mindless preferential coverage the Clips and Nets are getting. Nets overachieved and squeaked into the playoffs last year because the east is trash. Most of their players are expiring and will be gone, and one of their best players (D-Lo) will also have to be got rid of. Look at their roster:

Harris
LeVert
Allen
Dinwiddie

Plus Kyrie. Even with KD, I just don't see how they're a superb team or a better option than us? Am I missing something?

Same with the Clips- a lot of their most important players are expiring, they can't bring everyone back.

The rumor is the Owner of the clips is paying Woj to mention them with FA in order to make them seem more important. They like the Nyets are trying to become more popular while the real home favorite team is on a downturn.

I have no respect for Woj since that article that claimed he basically runs an elaborate extortion racket, whereby if teams don't leak info to him he gives them unfavourable coverage/ tries to mess up their trades, and if they do leak info to him he gives them favorable coverage. You can see it in his stories and tweets, so you can always tell what side gave him the info. I remember when we were rumored to be after rubio in a trade a few years ago with Phil, and Woj's tweets really made things more difficult. After that Knicks started leaking info to Woj. Always made me wonder.

smackeddog
6/23/2019  3:01 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

We were rumored to be interested in him at the last trade deadline (or the one before that, I think)

smackeddog
6/23/2019  3:05 AM
if the Twolves do sign D-Lo, they might not want to keep their backup PG (restricted FA) Tyus Jones- I'd like to give him a try (if cheap and as a backup pg), as his Assit:TO ratio is crazy
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/23/2019  10:36 AM
smackeddog wrote:

I'm getting so fed up of the mindless preferential coverage the Clips and Nets are getting. Nets overachieved and squeaked into the playoffs last year because the east is trash. Most of their players are expiring and will be gone, and one of their best players (D-Lo) will also have to be got rid of. Look at their roster:

Harris
LeVert
Allen
Dinwiddie

Plus Kyrie. Even with KD, I just don't see how they're a superb team or a better option than us? Am I missing something?

Same with the Clips- a lot of their most important players are expiring, they can't bring everyone back.

Your correct. The east sucks, but they still made the playoffs with that Roster! Few had Russell pegged to be an allstar. You backed up my point, “Sneaky good”.

IF knicks traded picks they would get killed. More so if they don’t sign someone. They need Kyrie for attendance reasons. WE don’t. They are sneaky cuz nobody cares about them.

What your not respecting is winning does create fans. They have nowhere to go but up as their attendance sucks. IF they sign Durant and Kyrie, it will matter for them. Fact is knicks need to do their thing. I’m cool with that.

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

6/23/2019  10:40 AM
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Harris
LeVert
Allen
Dinwiddie

Your correct. The east sucks, but they still made the playoffs with that Roster! Few had Russell pegged to be an allstar. You backed up my point, “Sneaky good”.

IF knicks traded picks they would get killed. More so if they don’t sign someone. They need Kyrie for attendance reasons. WE don’t. They are sneaky cuz nobody cares about them.

What your not respecting is winning does create fans. They have nowhere to go but up as their attendance sucks. IF they sign Durant and Kyrie, it will matter for them. Fact is knicks need to do their thing. I’m cool with that.

Winning creates fans...so true

However, Knicks fan will not become Nets fans... he that will matter

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/23/2019  11:15 AM
ekstarks94 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Harris
LeVert
Allen
Dinwiddie

There is a huge demographic of sports fans who are casual knick fans. They only know misery. A run like Toronto for Nets will not have knick fans jump off their wagon, but a lot neutral fan will jump on the Nets.
Push come to shove I’d root for Nets to win a chip over most other teams but never knicks. NEts success does not devalue what the knicks do. Knicks have to do their thing and succeed. Nets sucking doe not value knicks any more on the other spectrum. To succeed at the box they need Kyrie. To build a legacy they need a chip.
This is my view. Some of you hate the nets. Not for me to say thats wrong, but my point is don’t over estimate the casual fan gravitating to a run. You might not understand it but it would happen.

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

6/23/2019  1:49 PM
K
Nalod wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Harris
LeVert
Allen
Dinwiddie

There is a huge demographic of sports fans who are casual knick fans. They only know misery. A run like Toronto for Nets will not have knick fans jump off their wagon, but a lot neutral fan will jump on the Nets.
Push come to shove I’d root for Nets to win a chip over most other teams but never knicks. NEts success does not devalue what the knicks do. Knicks have to do their thing and succeed. Nets sucking doe not value knicks any more on the other spectrum. To succeed at the box they need Kyrie. To build a legacy they need a chip.
This is my view. Some of you hate the nets. Not for me to say thats wrong, but my point is don’t over estimate the casual fan gravitating to a run. You might not understand it but it would happen.

I agree with you...regarding the casual Knick fan....but these fans do not have the soul of the city...I know that means nothing if the Nets KD and Kyrie...but it means something for passionate Knicks fans on this board in this community taking time to converse about the team...I am sure we will watch nets games and cheer them on when appropriate but it is nothing like the Knicks IMO..

Kemet
Member: #6148

6/23/2019  4:55 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:K
Nalod wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Harris
LeVert
Allen
Dinwiddie

I agree with you...regarding the casual Knick fan....but these fans do not have the soul of the city...I know that means nothing if the Nets KD and Kyrie...but it means something for passionate Knicks fans on this board in this community taking time to converse about the team...I am sure we will watch nets games and cheer them on when appropriate but it is nothing like the Knicks IMO..

Every time I went to Barkley Center to see the Brooklyn Nets I went with Yankee and Knicks Fan friends to meet up with more Yankee & Knicks fans at the game .. It's the same way we did back in the 1970's going to the Felt Forum to see the ABA Nets & Doc.

If the Brooklyn Nets pull-off getting a Top FA in this offseason summer it will be because of the Nets winning coaching-staff and strategic head-coach Kenny Atkinson !!!

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/24/2019  1:03 PM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Cauley-Stein wants out of Sac.

Perry will have a good idea if he's worth picking up- I always like his highlights, but he's he's meant to be pretty bad, especially on defense.

when nobody wants him and he's available for a MLE type deal and he's pissed and hungry he will be good. He's no foundation guy. He was terrible for Sac and they are all sick of him. So are the fans. Read their boards about him. His effort is wildly inconsistent.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

6/24/2019  4:10 PM
wargames wrote:The rumor is the Owner of the clips is paying Woj to mention them with FA in order to make them seem more important. They like the Nyets are trying to become more popular while the real home favorite team is on a downturn.

Sports media personalities are paid in information, which is worth more than money.

If someone like Woj says this or that in the press, in exchange he might get an exclusive interview. Or information about another team. Much of the information is acquired through

1) The agents

2) The extended family of said player

3) People who work around the team but make close to nothing ( ballboys, attendants, secretaries, etc, etc)

4) People who work at the security end of the sport itself ( the offduty cop who get overtime working games, the leagues internal security, each teams own internal security, etc, etc)

There is also incentive from up the chain on what should get said and how far it goes. If attendance is declining in City X, there is an effort by the networks, brands, league, sponsors, agents and etc to push that team up a little.

A sports media type taking outright cash is simply too dangerous for their own career. Break headlines and the money will make itself. What Ballmer might do is give Woj more access.

Someone like Woj can make money writing books. Ballmer might give him access to areas in his own fiefdom that can help there.

Influence and information are worth more than money. You use those and the money will make itself.

knicks1248
Member: #582
6/24/2019  4:42 PM
smackeddog wrote:
wargames wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Harris
LeVert
Allen
Dinwiddie

The rumor is the Owner of the clips is paying Woj to mention them with FA in order to make them seem more important. They like the Nyets are trying to become more popular while the real home favorite team is on a downturn.

I have no respect for Woj since that article that claimed he basically runs an elaborate extortion racket, whereby if teams don't leak info to him he gives them unfavourable coverage/ tries to mess up their trades, and if they do leak info to him he gives them favorable coverage. You can see it in his stories and tweets, so you can always tell what side gave him the info. I remember when we were rumored to be after rubio in a trade a few years ago with Phil, and Woj's tweets really made things more difficult. After that Knicks started leaking info to Woj. Always made me wonder.

Kyrie Irving reportedly has his sights set on the Brooklyn Nets. The next step: convincing his buddies to come with him.

The Boston Celtics guard, who will hit unrestricted free agency June 30, is "pressing" pending free agent Kevin Durant to join him on the Nets this summer, Bleacher Report's Ric Bucher reported Monday.

Irving also is "trying to recruit" free-agent big man DeAndre Jordan to sign with Brooklyn as well, per Bucher.

Irving reportedly has signaled to the Celtics he's leaving in free agency, with the Nets rumored to be his top destination. Like many modern NBA stars, it appears he's putting out feelers to his friends (Durant and Jordan have both played with Irving on the U.S. national team) with the goal of creating a "superteam" in Brooklyn.

you guys should be mad at the FO, not the media and the players

ES
CleaverGreene
Member: #8756

6/24/2019  5:13 PM
There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

6/24/2019  5:47 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
wargames wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Harris
LeVert
Allen
Dinwiddie

Kyrie Irving reportedly has his sights set on the Brooklyn Nets. The next step: convincing his buddies to come with him.

The Boston Celtics guard, who will hit unrestricted free agency June 30, is "pressing" pending free agent Kevin Durant to join him on the Nets this summer, Bleacher Report's Ric Bucher reported Monday.

Irving also is "trying to recruit" free-agent big man DeAndre Jordan to sign with Brooklyn as well, per Bucher.

Irving reportedly has signaled to the Celtics he's leaving in free agency, with the Nets rumored to be his top destination. Like many modern NBA stars, it appears he's putting out feelers to his friends (Durant and Jordan have both played with Irving on the U.S. national team) with the goal of creating a "superteam" in Brooklyn.

you guys should be mad at the FO, not the media and the players

If the nets are stupid enough to sign Kyrie we should make a max offer to D Russ and either get a rising star or force the nets to match a big contract.

Russel Barrett back court would be dynamic.

Really like the idea of

Russ
Barrett
Knox
Randal
Mitch

Back ups
Dsjr
Trier
Frank
Dotson
Second round Canada
Vet center

Obviously if we can get KL you do it but I don’t see it we have to prove to the league that our front office can build a team.

I think with Randal and Russ we still build on the youth that is a playoff team... with still financial flexibility. Plus our first and second as well as Dallas first for next year.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
6/24/2019  7:44 PM
Portland traded Turner for Bazemore. Good move for both teams. ATL has so many shooters that a guy like Turner can work. Portland though needs the extra spacing that Bazemore can provide over Turner.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
6/24/2019  8:36 PM
CleaverGreene wrote:

Warriors or Lakers in his future?

Knicks_Fan
Free Agency 2019 (6/30 6pm ET)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy