Free Agency 2019 (6/30 6pm ET)
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
6/21/2019  11:43 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:I'm late, but why the hell would the Suns trade Warren AND the #32 just to dump his contract. Dude is 25 scored 18pts per game and improved to 42% from 3 this season. They should be getting a pick back.

Talk is of them offering D-Lo a max contract, and so they were clearing space (apparently D-Lo and Booker go way back).

I think they really wanted to move Josh Jackson, but he's untradeble right now due to on court performance and off court problems this offseason.

I’m saying he should be valued more than as a salary dump which they had to include a draft pick to move him. It’s crazy that Pacers were able to command a draft pick as well.

Actually you're right- what the Suns did made no sense, they ended the night with more salary rather than less- who knows what they're up to?!

AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
6/21/2019  11:44 AM
Hmm, I wonder what Boston are up to- they've cleared a ton of cap space. Wonder if they're gearing up to offer a max (can't see anyone wanting to sign there) or take on a big salary from another team
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/21/2019  1:02 PM
smackeddog wrote:Hmm, I wonder what Boston are up to- they've cleared a ton of cap space. Wonder if they're gearing up to offer a max (can't see anyone wanting to sign there) or take on a big salary from another team

Id rather be in Boston's position, cap space, good young players, and draft picks. Than where we've been historically. Capped out with retreads, no picks, not many good players to build a team around.

Boston might not be too popular right now, but they have room to maneuver. The only real thing Boston needs to do right now is build a better image for the franchise. Believe the rest will follow.

wargames
Member: #6053

6/21/2019  5:44 PM
martin wrote:

Kinda hoping Atlanta absorbs THJr into cap space so that they can have all of the bad SG contracts from 2016

Thwy got to be the worst team next year

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
HOF19
Member: #7569

6/21/2019  6:06 PM
From Daily News >>>>>>> " Knicks president Steve Mills asking for more patience " I guess this means next move (or moves ) could take a while . Article link >>>>>>https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-steve-mills-nba-draft-dolan-20190621-ieggtppptzddndvmbwpctkuxb4-story.html
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/21/2019  9:26 PM
HOF19 wrote:From Daily News >>>>>>> " Knicks president Steve Mills asking for more patience " I guess this means next move (or moves ) could take a while . Article link >>>>>>https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-steve-mills-nba-draft-dolan-20190621-ieggtppptzddndvmbwpctkuxb4-story.html

Hope he follows his own advice for a change. Still acts like he had absolutely nothing to do with the Knicks lack of success over the years.

wargames

6/21/2019  10:37 PM
I think Randle is a definite smart move at PF maybe put him next to Durant and use the rest of the money on depth.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
6/21/2019  11:02 PM
wargames wrote:I think Randle is a definite smart move at PF maybe put him next to Durant and use the rest of the money on depth.

I’ve gone back and forth on Randle and I really don’t think investing in a big man , particularly one without a great outside shot is a good idea. I’d rather focus on finding a true stretch 4. We need shooting around Barrett and Smith in the worst way.

smackeddog
6/22/2019  3:35 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/22/2019  3:55 AM
Bagely reiterating that if the Knicks don't land the top max free agents they're interested in (says it's a very short list of KD, Kawhi and Kyrie), then they will NOT sign ANY FA to a long term deal or trade for bad contracts with picks. They may consider taking on a deal if it's expiring, or may sign players to 1 year deals like last year. So basically D-Lo ain't happening and I doubt very much Randle will be interested in a 1 year deal.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/22/2019  11:03 AM
smackeddog wrote:Bagely reiterating that if the Knicks don't land the top max free agents they're interested in (says it's a very short list of KD, Kawhi and Kyrie), then they will NOT sign ANY FA to a long term deal or trade for bad contracts with picks. They may consider taking on a deal if it's expiring, or may sign players to 1 year deals like last year. So basically D-Lo ain't happening and I doubt very much Randle will be interested in a 1 year deal.

I like this plan. Don't sign an FA just for the sake of signing one.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/22/2019  11:05 AM
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/22/2019  11:12 AM
Cartman718 wrote:

Most of Netsdaily posts are trolling Knick fans. I get that other writers in the industry want to support Bondy/the Daily News and it seems small to ban them from press conferences. Bondy's coverage of the Knicks sucks though.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
rammagen
Member: #5756

6/22/2019  11:53 AM
smackeddog wrote:Bagely reiterating that if the Knicks don't land the top max free agents they're interested in (says it's a very short list of KD, Kawhi and Kyrie), then they will NOT sign ANY FA to a long term deal or trade for bad contracts with picks. They may consider taking on a deal if it's expiring, or may sign players to 1 year deals like last year. So basically D-Lo ain't happening and I doubt very much Randle will be interested in a 1 year deal.

this is not bad but then the owner needs to shut up. I would rather have Randle and Parker then either Kyrie or a sidelined KD. They should never have attempted to sell in ads and vague if this is the case. Part of Perry's allure in hiring him was the culture he knew players and could attract free agent, On another note if they think they can charge max prices for bad product while they rebuild with an ahole owner they have another thing coming. references
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/22/2019  12:38 PM
Nets are sneaky good.
What is Sean Marks relationship with Kawhi? Sean was there in SAS for years.
Kawhi and resign Russell has a very sensible vibe.
smackeddog
6/22/2019  1:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/22/2019  1:05 PM
Nalod wrote:Nets are sneaky good.

I'm getting so fed up of the mindless preferential coverage the Clips and Nets are getting. Nets overachieved and squeaked into the playoffs last year because the east is trash. Most of their players are expiring and will be gone, and one of their best players (D-Lo) will also have to be got rid of. Look at their roster:

Harris
LeVert
Allen
Dinwiddie

Plus Kyrie. Even with KD, I just don't see how they're a superb team or a better option than us? Am I missing something?

Same with the Clips- a lot of their most important players are expiring, they can't bring everyone back.

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

6/22/2019  1:17 PM
I thought KDs manager is a NYer....if he lets KD sign with the Nets it will be malpractice. The nets are not the Knicks even in the same city..there is a chasm between the two...all NYers understand that. I have not lived in NY in 15 years but born and raised you grew up a Knicks fan....Brooklyn has panache right now.... but it would be a fools mistake.

Personally I think this is all a smokescreen.

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

6/22/2019  1:42 PM
When a 19 yr old is saying ...”I’m built for this “ but you are following Kyrie because the pressure to win is less...yes RJ does not have any downside in saying that and committing here...but the word legacy is thrown around like a MFer....I cannot see legacy moves in going to the Nets....maybe KD is not built for this
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/22/2019  1:56 PM
smackeddog wrote:

I'm getting so fed up of the mindless preferential coverage the Clips and Nets are getting. Nets overachieved and squeaked into the playoffs last year because the east is trash. Most of their players are expiring and will be gone, and one of their best players (D-Lo) will also have to be got rid of. Look at their roster:

Harris
LeVert
Allen
Dinwiddie

Plus Kyrie. Even with KD, I just don't see how they're a superb team or a better option than us? Am I missing something?

Same with the Clips- a lot of their most important players are expiring, they can't bring everyone back.

This. The same old Knicks narrative is so tired. Knicks would be killed if they traded two firsts to get off a contract. The Knicks would be killed if they traded out of the first round for cap space. The coverage would be totally different if Peru went into the refs locker room after a game to ‘stick up’ for his team.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
smackeddog
6/22/2019  5:40 PM
I think we’ll strike out on the big FAs we’ve targeted and will end up signing Elfrid Payton and Rondae Hollis Jefferson to one year deals (I don’t mean that as a bad thing, I’d take a shot with both of them)
wargames

6/22/2019  5:44 PM
smackeddog wrote:

Harris
LeVert
Allen
Dinwiddie

The rumor is the Owner of the clips is paying Woj to mention them with FA in order to make them seem more important. They like the Nyets are trying to become more popular while the real home favorite team is on a downturn.

Free Agency 2019 (6/30 6pm ET)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy