[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Damn Nets
Author Thread
newyorker4ever
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5816

5/21/2019  10:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/21/2019  11:04 AM
There's a chance that the Nets could end up with the big 3 many of us are hoping for in KD-AD-KI or AD-KI-J.Butler or a big 2 of KI-AD or KI-J.Butler.

They would have to get the Pels or another team to take on the contract of A.Crabbe to be able to do the big 3.

AUTOADVERT
newyorker4ever

5/21/2019  11:03 AM
Big 3
A.Davis
K.Durant
K.Irving
or
A.Davis
J.Butler
K.Irving

Big 2
K.Irving
A.Davis
or
K.Irving
J.Butler

shinmen
Member: #6029
France
5/21/2019  12:33 PM
Do they have that much cap space and assets to make a splash like that?
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

5/21/2019  12:44 PM
shinmen wrote:Do they have that much cap space and assets to make a splash like that?

No

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/21/2019  1:24 PM
The nets are are always going to be plan C in the NYC area..

Even as the nets were winning this season, The knicks still killed them in attendance despite having the worst record in the league and zero marquee players.

The Nets were 30th in attendance and the play in one of the most primed locations in BKLYN NY..I know several season ticket holders that couldn't give their tickets away and none of them plan on renewing

ES
Sambakick
Member: #5646

5/21/2019  2:26 PM
Broussard is the worst. Don't believe the NETS hype machine. Don't underestimate the SHADE thrown at the Knicks. NETS basically exist to taunt the Knicks. Pay em no mind.
Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
Clean
Member: #743
5/21/2019  3:00 PM
The media names a new team an combination of players every day. Ignore most of the BS.
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/21/2019  3:16 PM
shinmen wrote:Do they have that much cap space and assets to make a splash like that?

They could be a threat- send Crabbes $18mil to help make up the numbers, Jarret Allen, joe Harris or leVert and picks. Then sign Kyrie who seems to want to play in Brooklyn

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/21/2019  3:27 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:There's a chance that the Nets could end up with the big 3 many of us are hoping for in KD-AD-KI or AD-KI-J.Butler or a big 2 of KI-AD or KI-J.Butler.

They would have to get the Pels or another team to take on the contract of A.Crabbe to be able to do the big 3.

Cant blame Alvin Gentry. Zion and Lonzo are two high IQ BBall players. The ball would really move on that team, scary fast, if they pushed the ball. Add some good vets, and that team could make the playoffs faster than maybe some expect.

Best case scenario for the Knicks (putting Davis as a Knick aside) is Lakers getting AD. Would make it tougher for those teams at the top of the West to get to the Finals, and it would get AD out of the East.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/21/2019  4:25 PM
smackeddog wrote:

They could be a threat- send Crabbes $18mil to help make up the numbers, Jarret Allen, joe Harris or leVert and picks. Then sign Kyrie who seems to want to play in Brooklyn

You think they would be willing to take 18.5 mill worth of salary for a player avg 9 ppg shooting 36% 1 ast and 3 rbs..lol

ES
smackeddog
5/21/2019  4:43 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

You think they would be willing to take 18.5 mill worth of salary for a player avg 9 ppg shooting 36% 1 ast and 3 rbs..lol

It’s an expiring contract to make the salaries match. they're not signing any free agents so what difference would it make? Griffin said (when he was an espn analyst) that if he was gm trading AD, he’d want back a quality role player (Harris is an excellent shooter), a young prospect (Jarrett Allen) and picks- nets can meet all his criteria

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/21/2019  8:07 PM
smackeddog wrote:

I think Crabbe’s deal is close to unmoveable. Minimally they would need to move a first with him to get a team to take on his deal. I think with this free agent class a team trying to clear cap will pay a high price. I also wonder if there is any animosity towards Marks with the poison pill type deals he has been offering to restricted free agents.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
smackeddog
5/22/2019  3:05 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/22/2019  3:09 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I think Crabbe’s deal is close to unmoveable. Minimally they would need to move a first with him to get a team to take on his deal. I think with this free agent class a team trying to clear cap will pay a high price. I also wonder if there is any animosity towards Marks with the poison pill type deals he has been offering to restricted free agents.

It will be an expiring contract- like I said, pelicans won't be in the free agent market, so it doesn't matter taking on a one year deal, especially if it means landing picks and players they like. I mean the Nets can say to the pelicans "if you don't want that one year expiring deal to make the salaries match, we can trade Crabbe to a team with cap space and spend 1 or 2 first rounders doing so, or we can just give you the picks we would have attached to him, and send him to you"

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
5/22/2019  8:37 AM
smackeddog wrote:

Hopefully they just end up signing Kyrie and still go nowhere deep in the playoffs.

newyorker4ever

5/22/2019  9:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/22/2019  9:33 AM

They have like $55-$60 mil and like i said if they can get the Pels or any team to take on A.Crabbe's contract then they would have enough or close enough that a couple minor moves be made to get there like adding D.Carroll in the A.Davis trade or other smaller parts. Sp they could get there but would have some work to do to do it.

newyorker4ever

5/22/2019  9:40 AM
Clean wrote:The media names a new team an combination of players every day. Ignore most of the BS.

I agree that much BS comes out at this time of the year and more will keep coming out until free agency hits and players actually start signing but just because much of it is BS doesn't mean it all is and there's still stuff out there that has truth to it as well and there's no way for any of us to know which of it is true or not. I just don't believe that it's as set in stone as many believe that KD and Kyrie are automatically coming to the Knicks and do believe teams like Brooklyn and definitely the Clippers and others will get sit downs with these star players with some that haven't been in the media. The Clippers are always a team to look out for as long as they have Jerry West and Doc Rivers. West is the best GM in the NBA and probably the best ever and the Nets have changed their culture which players see. They have what we're in the middle of trying to do and have better young talent then we have. I obviously have no idea what's gonna happen but i absolutely think we could strike out in free agency, which i wouldn't be all that mad at cause i don't mind rebuilding but i'd rather get the star players now and get this winning going.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

5/22/2019  9:42 AM
Sambakick wrote:Broussard is the worst. Don't believe the NETS hype machine. Don't underestimate the SHADE thrown at the Knicks. NETS basically exist to taunt the Knicks. Pay em no mind.

Chris Broussard is one of the dumbest sports reporters I have ever witnessed, and he is absolutely one of the worst. Whatever comes out of him is meaningless bs

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
newyorker4ever

5/22/2019  9:46 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I think fans should know by now that no contract is unmoveable as long as the team trying to trade that player is good with giving up an asset or assets to move that player because there's plenty of bad teams that will take assets that will help them build to take on a big contract for one year or even 2 years. Some really bad players with big contracts have been moved by teams over the years. Dallas was able to move Harrison Barnes and his huge contract last year and we moved Timmy and C.Lee.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/22/2019  10:20 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:

They have like $55-$60 mil and like i said if they can get the Pels or any team to take on A.Crabbe's contract then they would have enough or close enough that a couple minor moves be made to get there like adding D.Carroll in the A.Davis trade or other smaller parts. Sp they could get there but would have some work to do to do it.

DCarroll is an expiring.... I don't think you can move him in the way you think.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/22/2019  10:31 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I think fans should know by now that no contract is unmoveable as long as the team trying to trade that player is good with giving up an asset or assets to move that player because there's plenty of bad teams that will take assets that will help them build to take on a big contract for one year or even 2 years. Some really bad players with big contracts have been moved by teams over the years. Dallas was able to move Harrison Barnes and his huge contract last year and we moved Timmy and C.Lee.

Sure but do you take on Crabbe’s deal to move your top 5 player? Also, I think teamsprice gauge the nets to take on Crabbe.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Damn Nets

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy