[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Good article on Kyrie from the Boston Herald.
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
5/18/2019  7:31 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonherald.com/2019/05/18/celtics-still-want-to-be-the-ones-to-pay-kyrie-irving-but-possibilities-abound/amp/
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/18/2019  7:46 PM
Dont believe Irving will be able to keep his stuff together in NY. Dont believe he will move the ball (as a PG) enough to make signing any other big time FA worth it. Thats why LeBron took over the PG spot. Kyrie as starting PG didnt work in Cleveland with a GOAT contender, didnt work in Boston. Why the F does anyone believe after watching Boston in the last series that it will work here? I dont see any scenario where Kyrie to the Knicks gets us a ring without LeBron.
wargames
Member: #6053

5/18/2019  8:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/18/2019  8:58 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Dont believe Irving will be able to keep his stuff together in NY. Dont believe he will move the ball (as a PG) enough to make signing any other big time FA worth it. Thats why LeBron took over the PG spot. Kyrie as starting PG didnt work in Cleveland with a GOAT contender, didnt work in Boston. Why the F does anyone believe after watching Boston in the last series that it will work here? I dont see any scenario where Kyrie to the Knicks gets us a ring without LeBron.

Arguably maybe getting RJ is a god send to put next to Kyrie. Even Frank can move the ball enough to maybe help with the distribution. Then KD on the other side. You just need some grunts to make the rest work.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
blkexec
Member: #748
5/19/2019  1:05 AM
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/19/2019  9:44 AM
IF the rumors are true, wouldn’t Durant be concerned about the things some of us are about his leadership and ball movement? We obviously think out Front office is clueless to what we read about and assume Dolan just wants “Stars” but Perry and Fiz are new comers an not stupid.

Durant left OKC in part because of their commitment to Westbrook so lets not think he does not understand these things. GOing to GSW a guard centric team they no doubt blended together. My opinion the GSW ball they are playing now without Durant might not be sustainable in the season but this is the back end of the playoffs and the splash brothers are healthy.

Back on point, Durant if he in facts is pairing with Kyrie knows what he is getting into.

GustavBahler

5/19/2019  12:42 PM
wargames wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Dont believe Irving will be able to keep his stuff together in NY. Dont believe he will move the ball (as a PG) enough to make signing any other big time FA worth it. Thats why LeBron took over the PG spot. Kyrie as starting PG didnt work in Cleveland with a GOAT contender, didnt work in Boston. Why the F does anyone believe after watching Boston in the last series that it will work here? I dont see any scenario where Kyrie to the Knicks gets us a ring without LeBron.

Arguably maybe getting RJ is a god send to put next to Kyrie. Even Frank can move the ball enough to maybe help with the distribution. Then KD on the other side. You just need some grunts to make the rest work.

Not sure what else Knicks fans need to see, that would convince them that Kyrie to NY is a bad idea. The fact that Irving as the starting PG hasnt worked anywhere doesnt matter. All those missed games dont matter. The almost complete lack of leadership doesnt matter. The ball sticking with Kyrie doesnt matter.

So many better options out there. Durant demands Kyrie, and Kyrie disappoints, KD wont hesitate to force his way out. Leaving Knicks fans with a maxed out Kyrie.

From what Ive seen as a Knicks fan over the years. Signing Kyrie would look more like a Mills/Perry move than one made by Perry/Mills. This would look a lot like a signing Mills historically has been in favor of. Costly, with no real benefit to the team's fortunes.

GustavBahler

5/19/2019  12:45 PM
Some teams are apparently getting a bit skiddish about signing Kyrie, hope one of them is the Knicks.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/playoff-performance-teams-reportedly-down-170044275.html

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/19/2019  2:33 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Some teams are apparently getting a bit skiddish about signing Kyrie, hope one of them is the Knicks.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/playoff-performance-teams-reportedly-down-170044275.html

They quote the article I posted. I think the guy that wrote the herald article is considered the best on the Celtics best b

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/19/2019  3:25 PM

I won't go that far. They did lose to what now appears to be one of the top 3 teams in the league. Kyrie looked good the series before and he looked real good as their lead ball-handler last year. There were obviously other things going on with that team this season. Now, if you want to get into his leadership abilities, that's fair. But he'd probably be coming here with another GOAT contender.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

5/19/2019  6:30 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

I won't go that far. They did lose to what now appears to be one of the top 3 teams in the league. Kyrie looked good the series before and he looked real good as their lead ball-handler last year. There were obviously other things going on with that team this season. Now, if you want to get into his leadership abilities, that's fair. But he'd probably be coming here with another GOAT contender.

Agreed about the celts losing to the best team in the east...on top of that, before he got injured last year, Kyrie was in the discussion for league MVP...this year, there were too many individuals on the celts that had their own agendas so Bostons struggles weren't all on Kyrie.

Also, if Kyrie was such a disaster, why the hell the Celts want resign him?

GustavBahler

5/19/2019  7:33 PM
Uptown wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Agreed about the celts losing to the best team in the east...on top of that, before he got injured last year, Kyrie was in the discussion for league MVP...this year, there were too many individuals on the celts that had their own agendas so Bostons struggles weren't all on Kyrie.

AD, thats why, Celtics folly.

Kyrie must not sit on the Garden throne!!!

Uptown

5/19/2019  9:13 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

If the only way to get KD here is for Kyrie to sit beside him on the MSG throne, you do it!! If we are serious about trying to win a title, that's what you do...only mvp calibre talent win titles....Durant is good enough with a good supporting cast to knock of Giannis in the east...Knox and Barrett as the lead dawgs will get us to the 8th seed, maybe in a couple of years.

smackeddog
Member: #883
5/20/2019  4:50 AM
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

If the only way to get KD here is for Kyrie to sit beside him on the MSG throne, you do it!! If we are serious about trying to win a title, that's what you do...only mvp calibre talent win titles....Durant is good enough with a good supporting cast to knock of Giannis in the east...Knox and Barrett as the lead dawgs will get us to the 8th seed, maybe in a couple of years.

If we land KD and Kyrie, then I'm giving serious thought to trading with the Cavs (who are reported to be high on RJ)- 3rd pick (plus maybe Frank if we're determined to get rid of him) for their 5th, 26th and the rights to swap picks next year, then draft the best role player fit for for Kyrie and KD- whether that be Deandre Hunter or Culver or whomever (assuming Lakers have indeed promised Garland).

Chandler
Member: #6197

5/20/2019  7:29 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:

I have very mixed feelings about Kyrie including his ability to stay healthy. If you're paying max you want a guy who could (not that the teams should) play all 82 games. Super important for establishing the best chance at better seed etc.

As an extreme, would you rather have Middleton for all 82 or Kyrie for 60?

(5)(5)
GustavBahler

5/20/2019  11:40 AM
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Would rather watch drama on HBO than at MSG. Kyrie is Drama with a capital D. Its Marbury all over again, but with more injuries.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/20/2019  2:42 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Would rather watch drama on HBO than at MSG. Kyrie is Drama with a capital D. Its Marbury all over again, but with more injuries.

OMG... you have literally had a conversation with yourself about how bad Kyrie is. Yea.. Marbury. Same thing. I certainly like Irving more as a #2 than a #1, but Marbury?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Uptown

5/20/2019  4:09 PM
Chandler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I have very mixed feelings about Kyrie including his ability to stay healthy. If you're paying max you want a guy who could (not that the teams should) play all 82 games. Super important for establishing the best chance at better seed etc.

As an extreme, would you rather have Middleton for all 82 or Kyrie for 60?

If you're telling me Kyrie is only going to play 60 reg games but be healthy for the playoffs, I'm taking Kyrie! Kyrie is a champion, who for the 3 most important games of the finals, was perhaps the 2nd best player on the floor. He's got the clutch gene as well...Give me that guy!

Uptown

5/20/2019  4:16 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Compared to Marbury, Kyrie is an afterschool special. Other than media speculation that Kyrie wasn't a good leader for the Celts, what drama did Kyrie cause? Most of the drama was created by talking-heads on ESPN, Foxsports and podcast that nothing better to talk about other than "is Kyrie coming to NY", or studying his body language and assuming he was a problem in the locker room which was refuted by Marcus Smart.

GustavBahler

5/20/2019  4:33 PM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

OMG... you have literally had a conversation with yourself about how bad Kyrie is. Yea.. Marbury. Same thing. I certainly like Irving more as a #2 than a #1, but Marbury?

No I was having a conversation with Uptown before you went all OMG.. "Buffy".

Local product makes good, stars at MSG, cue the "Im coming home" music. The demands of being a star, playing in his home market becomes too much, and player crashes and burns. Of course its a lot like Marbury.

Except for the hometown angle, thats how its already played out with Kyrie in Boston, but you seem to believe that a bigger market, and more pressure will do the trick? Right?

GustavBahler

5/20/2019  4:52 PM
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Compared to Marbury, Kyrie is an afterschool special. Other than media speculation that Kyrie wasn't a good leader for the Celts, what drama did Kyrie cause? Most of the drama was created by talking-heads on ESPN, Foxsports and podcast that nothing better to talk about other than "is Kyrie coming to NY", or studying his body language and assuming he was a problem in the locker room which was refuted by Marcus Smart.

Just because Kyrie isnt eating vaseline doesn't mean there isnt potential for drama. Forced his way off the Cavs, drama. Threw his Boston teammates under the bus with his comments before and during the playoffs.Rozier was saying that Kyrie wasnt doing what had been planned in practice.

You have an awful shooting performance, and your answer is not that you should have trusted your teammates more, but say you should have taken many more shots, is drama. Its throwing your team under the bus. And you want Kyrie in NY as the starting PG.

Good article on Kyrie from the Boston Herald.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy