[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Are Durant+ AD+ Jrue Holiday + $12 million a Title Favorite?
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/23/2019  8:33 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:We would absolutely need at least two and maybe three 3-D type players. If we don't have knock down shooters and defenders then we'll be good but not good enough to beat teams like GSW and Houston and some others that do have those great shooters. We would also have to bring D.Jordan back to be our starting center since we wouldn't have a starting center after trading M.Robinson for A.Davis. Some will probably say to start A.Davis at center which he obviously could do but he's better at PF and he likes playing PF more then center. We could use a chunk of that money on D.Cousins but not sure how much he'd be looking for and i'm sure GSW will be all over trying to bring him back and that's a hard team for players to leave, but he did enjoy his time playing with A.Davis in NO and maybe KD could get him to follow him to NY.

Center
D.Cousins
D.Jordan
E.Kanter--that's right i said E.Kanter and i'm serious. You put him with other great players and he's a very useful player.
B.Lopez--he'll probably stay with the Bucks.

SG's/SF's
Danny Green
Rodney Hood
Mario Hezonja
Wes Mathews
Iman Shumpert
Wayne Ellington
Reggie Bullock
Seth Curry

Lets not forget that many people think Jrue Holiday would be better at SG then PG so we could always move him to SG and sign a PG.

PG
R.Rubio
T.Rozier
P.Beverley
Rajon Rondo

PG--R.Rubio
SG--J.Holiday
SF--K.Durant
PF--A.Davis
C---D.Cousins or D.Jordan

PG--J.Holiday
SG--D.Green
SF--K.Durant
PF--A.Davis
C--D.Cousins or D.Jordan

That's a pretty impressive collection of role players who- aside from maybe Danny Green and Terry Rozier- won't break the bank. I also agree with your point about the need for a 5 man to help protect Davis during the regular season. I think DeAndre Jordan is an ideal candidate, provided the other 4 players on the floor are spacers; I also can't see him making more than 8-figures given the glut of centers on the market and the de-emphasis in the modern NBA, which is ideal.

If Jordan were to make about $6-7 million, hypothetically, how would you spend the remaining $5-$6 million? I think we'd obviously have to target Quinn Cook, who is rumored to be a close associate of Durant's dating back to their Baltimore days. He's definitely no starter but could be useful bench player with a starting co-guard like Holiday. Could we get him for the lower-level exception ($2.3 million)?

Speaking of Holiday, I'd prefer him as my 2 guard in any/every permutation. His best years as a ball player have come manning the position so I see no need to change what works. That puts some emphasis on finding a very specific point-guard that plays off the ball, is an excellent shooter and can defend either position as a starter. The list that fits that M.O. is very short and I only see Patrick Beverly and George Hill doing so. How much would they sign for? Would that remaining $5-$6 million of cap space be enough? It leaves no money for another forward but considering how talented our core would be, I think it's forgivable. Maybe Damyean Dotson might be all we'd need until we find someone with more length to contain bigger guys like LeBron, Kawhi, George, etc.

STARTERS
G: George Hill/Patrick Beverly
G: Jrue Holiday
F: Kevin Durant
F: Anthony Davis
C: DeAndre Jordan

ROTATION
G: Quinn Cook
G: Alonzo Trier (minimum)
F: Damyean Dotson?
F: Jared Dudley (minimum)
C: Ekpe Udoh/ Luke Kornet (minimum)

How does that do?

Thats a damn good team. An insane starting lineup.
We would also be the prime location for buyout players at the deadline. There were a ton of solid players out there this year. If we had Durant, and playing time we would get at least 2 of them

That starting line up would be the slowest on the planet and the bench would be the shortest..no thank you.

It's a good selection of talent, but none of them compliment each other

ES
AUTOADVERT
Are Durant+ AD+ Jrue Holiday + $12 million a Title Favorite?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy