[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Why are we not that excited to add RJ Barrett?
Author Thread
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
5/28/2019  1:19 PM
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:I’m really excited at the prospects of Barrett. But I know the Knicks will “F” it up. Their development system has a lot to be desired and he will get ruined by the Knicks.

That me bro. That’s what the Knicks have done to me. I wish I had some of those anti depressants that you guys here take.

AUTOADVERT
Sambakick
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5646

5/28/2019  2:18 PM
Nalod wrote:Look at us. All hissy because we "deserve" Zion despite the 14% odds!
We wanted a transcendental generational player. Hype vs. fact of what Zion is. Really other than some commentary we don't really know what he is. He is a 6-7 daryl Dawkins with a handle! A dunk machine with explosive synergy. He is one hamstring tear away from oblivion. I wanted him too.

May 28th 2030
ESPN 30 for 30

The Day the Music Died

The story of Zion WIlliamnson and the bolivian hamstring

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

5/28/2019  2:35 PM
Nobody trades out the top 5 or even top 3 unless they are getting a boatload...

my take is this....

Before the draft lottery with eyes on the # 1...I was in love with Zion

After the draft at #3 I am in love with Barrett

If we fell like CLE and PHX...I would be in love with Culver

If we had #10 and moved up to #4 like the Lakers....I would be in love with Garland..

It is all relative to where you are drafting...

Unless someone offers me a can't miss prospect or future draft assets...I take RJ and not look back

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

5/28/2019  2:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/28/2019  2:40 PM
The game is to try to draft well to get at least one hit at a future star...then try to get secondary players and then role/lunch pail players...

We did not have a losing season to get role players in a 3 man draft...

Unless my scouts are telling me that RJ and the other prospects are skillwise on the same level that is when I consider trading down...but I will profess love for RJ until the right team comes and can't do without him.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

5/28/2019  2:42 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:Nobody trades out the top 5 or even top 3 unless they are getting a boatload...

my take is this....

Before the draft lottery with eyes on the # 1...I was in love with Zion

After the draft at #3 I am in love with Barrett

If we fell like CLE and PHX...I would be in love with Culver

If we had #10 and moved up to #4 like the Lakers....I would be in love with Garland..

It is all relative to where you are drafting...

Unless someone offers me a can't miss prospect or future draft assets...I take RJ and not look back

well said, though if we were in Cle or Phx position I would be in love with DeAndre Hunter. But other than that agree 100%

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/28/2019  3:02 PM
knickstorrents wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knickstorrents wrote:It's because RJ Barrett is an empty stats guy. His main comparable is Demar Derozan (and that's if he pans out). That's not exciting to me.

Barrett is 18 years old. How can he already be considered an empty stats guy? Just because he had big numbers at Duke and they didn't win a national title? And i have seen Harden comparisons just as much as DeRozan.

He has good looking counting stats but he was inefficient, didn't see the open man, played out of control, etc. He has good physical tools and maybe he can be coached, but I'd rather trade down and get more lunch bucket tough guys (in the Montrezl Harrel mold) rather than showy scoring types who are inefficient.

Obviously it's way too early to make that assumption. You can get those lunch bucket guys in the 2nd round. Just like we did with Mitch Robinson. If you have the #3 pick, you look for a potential star. For all of Barrett's perceived short-comings as a prospect, he obviously has star potential. He would go #1 in a lot of drafts based on his body of work alone.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/28/2019  6:41 PM
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:I’m really excited at the prospects of Barrett. But I know the Knicks will “F” it up. Their development system has a lot to be desired and he will get ruined by the Knicks.

That me bro. That’s what the Knicks have done to me. I wish I had some of those anti depressants that you guys here take.

Anti depressants? Kool Aid with extra helpings of vodka

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
5/28/2019  7:37 PM
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Kool Aid and Vodka. Already bringing a smile to my face. Maybe I need to start drinking the UK kool aid. KD coming baby!!!! I’ll work on it but I can’t guarantee anything.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/28/2019  7:38 PM
Vmart wrote:
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Kool Aid and Vodka. Already bringing a smile to my face. Maybe I need to start drinking the UK kool aid. KD coming baby!!!! I’ll work on it but I can’t guarantee anything.

up the vodka portions man

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Kemet
Member: #6148

5/28/2019  8:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/28/2019  8:03 PM
Knixkik wrote:
knickstorrents wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knickstorrents wrote:It's because RJ Barrett is an empty stats guy. His main comparable is Demar Derozan (and that's if he pans out). That's not exciting to me.

Barrett is 18 years old. How can he already be considered an empty stats guy? Just because he had big numbers at Duke and they didn't win a national title? And i have seen Harden comparisons just as much as DeRozan.

He has good looking counting stats but he was inefficient, didn't see the open man, played out of control, etc. He has good physical tools and maybe he can be coached, but I'd rather trade down and get more lunch bucket tough guys (in the Montrezl Harrel mold) rather than showy scoring types who are inefficient.

Obviously it's way too early to make that assumption. You can get those lunch bucket guys in the 2nd round. Just like we did with Mitch Robinson. If you have the #3 pick, you look for a potential star. For all of Barrett's perceived short-comings as a prospect, he obviously has star potential. He would go #1 in a lot of drafts based on his body of work alone.

RJ Barrett all-around performance showed great potential in the NCAA at being consistent for the run as the Top-1 pick in the draft .. A future NBA Star!
If Zion bows out of the draft to stay another season at Duke .. RJ Barrett would be the first pick of the draft.
If MitchRob played college ball he would have been a Top-10 pick in last year draft.

If the Knicks are capable of getting RJ Barrett with the 3rd pick .. I will be happy if we keep RJ Barrett for the future. Plus having BlockParty MitchRob, the Knicks could finally start their 3 to 4 year rebuilding-mode around these two creative-potential young players by working on getting the two to perform on the same-page throughout the 2019-20 season.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/28/2019  10:44 PM
https://nypost.com/2019/05/28/rj-barrett-is-now-hinting-at-knicks-fantasy-new-york-is-my-favorite/

Didnt know about the family connection to NYC. Barrett said he would like to play in NY.

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

5/29/2019  9:02 AM
Knixkik wrote:
knickstorrents wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

RJ is a number one prospect. The ONLY thing that diminishes his shine is the mega-hype around Zion. I would take Zion in a heartbeat, but if he didn't exist, I'd take RJ next unless I needed an elite PG. The NYK have a PG of future already (more than one) and will probably try to sign a superstar guard this offseason. So RJ is the number one and well-deserved. Dude is gonna be an All Star once he gets his shooting upgraded, a typical skill shift in the first couple of years.

We're solid guys, even without the wunderkind. Plus, they're pals, so down the road maybe he recruits Zion for contract #2 just in time for our dynastic run

smackeddog
Member: #883
5/29/2019  3:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/29/2019  4:01 PM
This is from the hawks board, no idea as to reliability, but certainly makes a lot of sense:

From a Fan who says he knows/talks to Hawks people. It's an interesting read if nothing else.

....lot of new information as well.

Hawks are talking trade with Cleveland/NY.

NY wants to move back to #5 for Culver. Cleveland wants #3. If Culver is at #5, Cleveland wants to do the same deal we did last year for Doncic/Young. Issue is of course, they owe us their pick in 2020. They want it back. Willing to give the 2nd rounders owe and eat some salary for it. Framework is based on Bazemore/Plumlee for J.R. Smith and John Henson and two future 2nds which would have went to Atlanta if they didn't convert the pick. From what I am hearing. J.R. Smith could be shopped for a 1st and an bad expiring regardless so it could be 4 teams. Atlanta has been very active in trying to move up for more 1st rounders. Haven't showed much interest in moving back. Also haven't showed much interest in trading Prince at this time from others around the league.

DeAndre Hunter is getting **** on right now in this stage. He will need to have a great pro day because teams are eating his *** alive. Been hearing he could fall to 10-12 range.

In the same boat, Culver is getting super praise right now. No chance he falls passed Cleveland at #5.

Reddish stock seem to hit a rock right now. Teams aren't too happy with his pro day and that he stopped it early for injuries. The question about his passion has been stated by numerous teams, he needs to get his **** together. His range is 7-12 right now. His potential is through the roof and a lot of teams are high on what he could be if he had the passion they believe. This is not my take, I think he's tremendous and I got several Duke staffers saying he does have the passion and love for the game but it just doesn't come in the biggest of spots. This was said in HS about him as well.

Little on the other hand stock is locked into the top 10 right now. It's hard to see the Hawks passing on him and they got a hard on for him. He translates well and his potential is sky high but his floor is really low and I have my doubts but everyone I've talked to said, even the Bulls are high on him. His hand size is legit and the saying on him isn't Leonard, it's Scottie Pippen. Teams think he will be an all star in time. His interviews were off the charts. Teams are in love in his intelligence and he was really able to explain what he did at UNC really well. He just passes all of the tests. Mental ones that is. Definitely not the production ones.

Hawks haven't really showed any signs of willingness to move back or up from 8/10. They are confident they will get what they want at #8 and #10.

Rui, Goga, and Sekou are big movers. They are lottery locks right now. Teams are all in for them.

Langford seems to be a target of the Pistons.

Bol seems like he could go in the lottery as well as the 2nd round. His stock is not good right now.

Teams are falling in love with Tyler Herro.

Teams are also falling in love with Klutch clients, Darius Bazley and Talen Horton-Tucker. They been in love with THT but they are more open with it of late.

Darius Garland stock seems to be from #4-7. The Lakers seem to be zoning in him. They also like Hunter as well.

White seems to be a lock for #6.

No one knows what the Bulls will do at #7. People say #4 is a wildcard but it's not. It's likely Garland. It's #7. I've asked what is the Bulls looking for and everyone says, Zo Ball or trade back. I am hearing Lakers have zero interest in trading Zo outside of a Beal or AD trade and no teams are dying to move up in this lottery. Seems like the Bulls will just BPA this one. I've been hearing they are high on Sekou. They have called us about #10 and taking salary which the Hawks weren't interested in at that time.

Hawks have been one of the most active teams with the Bulls during this period. I think the Hawks will get a couple more 1sts. That's what they seem to be aiming for.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/29/2019  5:54 PM
smackeddog wrote:This is from the hawks board, no idea as to reliability, but certainly makes a lot of sense:

From a Fan who says he knows/talks to Hawks people. It's an interesting read if nothing else.

NY wants to move back to #5 for Culver. Cleveland wants #3. If Culver is at #5, Cleveland wants to do the same deal we did last year for Doncic/Young. Issue is of course, they owe us their pick in 2020. They want it back. Willing to give the 2nd rounders owe and eat some salary for it. Framework is based on Bazemore/Plumlee for J.R. Smith and John Henson and two future 2nds which would have went to Atlanta if they didn't convert the pick. From what I am hearing. J.R. Smith could be shopped for a 1st and an bad expiring regardless so it could be 4 teams. Atlanta has been very active in trying to move up for more 1st rounders. Haven't showed much interest in moving back. Also haven't showed much interest in trading Prince at this time from others around the league.

DeAndre Hunter is getting **** on right now in this stage. He will need to have a great pro day because teams are eating his *** alive. Been hearing he could fall to 10-12 range.

In the same boat, Culver is getting super praise right now. No chance he falls passed Cleveland at #5.

Reddish stock seem to hit a rock right now. Teams aren't too happy with his pro day and that he stopped it early for injuries. The question about his passion has been stated by numerous teams, he needs to get his **** together. His range is 7-12 right now. His potential is through the roof and a lot of teams are high on what he could be if he had the passion they believe. This is not my take, I think he's tremendous and I got several Duke staffers saying he does have the passion and love for the game but it just doesn't come in the biggest of spots. This was said in HS about him as well.

Little on the other hand stock is locked into the top 10 right now. It's hard to see the Hawks passing on him and they got a hard on for him. He translates well and his potential is sky high but his floor is really low and I have my doubts but everyone I've talked to said, even the Bulls are high on him. His hand size is legit and the saying on him isn't Leonard, it's Scottie Pippen. Teams think he will be an all star in time. His interviews were off the charts. Teams are in love in his intelligence and he was really able to explain what he did at UNC really well. He just passes all of the tests. Mental ones that is. Definitely not the production ones.

Hawks haven't really showed any signs of willingness to move back or up from 8/10. They are confident they will get what they want at #8 and #10.

Rui, Goga, and Sekou are big movers. They are lottery locks right now. Teams are all in for them.

Bol seems like he could go in the lottery as well as the 2nd round. His stock is not good right now.

Teams are also falling in love with Klutch clients, Darius Bazley and Talen Horton-Tucker. They been in love with THT but they are more open with it of late.

Darius Garland stock seems to be from #4-7. The Lakers seem to be zoning in him. They also like Hunter as well.

No one knows what the Bulls will do at #7. People say #4 is a wildcard but it's not. It's likely Garland. It's #7. I've asked what is the Bulls looking for and everyone says, Zo Ball or trade back. I am hearing Lakers have zero interest in trading Zo outside of a Beal or AD trade and no teams are dying to move up in this lottery. Seems like the Bulls will just BPA this one. I've been hearing they are high on Sekou. They have called us about #10 and taking salary which the Hawks weren't interested in at that time.

Hawks have been one of the most active teams with the Bulls during this period. I think the Hawks will get a couple more 1sts. That's what they seem to be aiming for.

I am a bit tired and want to make sure I understand this from the Knicks perspective. The Cavs are going to get their 2020 first back and trade it along with this years #5 pick for the Knicks #3 pick?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

5/29/2019  7:34 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:This is from the hawks board, no idea as to reliability, but certainly makes a lot of sense:

I am a bit tired and want to make sure I understand this from the Knicks perspective. The Cavs are going to get their 2020 first back and trade it along with this years #5 pick for the Knicks #3 pick?

It better not be protected, I will be frickin furious if we trade out of 3 for a top 10 protected pick. If this is true the Knicks think Culliver is the drafts 3rd best player and they want to get another asset if they can. I just hope this isn't all to to trade for AD. I will lose my **** if we trade 3 first round picks and half our roster for AD.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/29/2019  8:13 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

It better not be protected, I will be frickin furious if we trade out of 3 for a top 10 protected pick. If this is true the Knicks think Culliver is the drafts 3rd best player and they want to get another asset if they can. I just hope this isn't all to to trade for AD. I will lose my **** if we trade 3 first round picks and half our roster for AD.

Even the Knicks wouldn’t be so stupid.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/29/2019  11:25 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Yeah, this seems convoluted. I think, given the salary crunch we're in, we'd settle for 2022 first rounder. It would have to be in protected, or at least protected 1-3.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/30/2019  8:56 AM
That hawks fan got “duke staffers” on is whisper chain? At least bloggers have their names attached to their opinions, this guy is very easy to drop some cred to boast his opinion.
Some people feel good about pretending to be an “insider”.
While it all might be true, we all can see from the mill Knicks value Culver.
Question is does Clev?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
5/30/2019  1:29 PM
I could see the Lakers taking Culver @ 4, so I wouldn't trade back to 5.

I hope the Knicks just draft RJ at 3 and try to sign KD and Kyrie. I don't want to do a five quarters for a dollar trade for AD and have no roster depth. Also, if KD wants to win his own ring, how does winning one with AD accomplish that? I like AD, but I hope the Knicks don't trade all their youth away to build a "super team".

Not a huge RJ fan yet, but he's definitely the best prospect at 3 and I might take him over Morant as well. I would worry we'd get burned passing on him. I think he could be a mix of Jalen Rose and Harden at the next level. With the way fouls are called in the league today, he'd clean up. Also, I watched the Duke team a bunch - there was no spacing at all and RJ is clearly a guy who would benefit playing off guys who could shoot. (i.e. Knox, KD, Kyrie, etc)

¿ △ ?
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

5/30/2019  2:23 PM
crzymdups wrote:I could see the Lakers taking Culver @ 4, so I wouldn't trade back to 5.

I hope the Knicks just draft RJ at 3 and try to sign KD and Kyrie. I don't want to do a five quarters for a dollar trade for AD and have no roster depth. Also, if KD wants to win his own ring, how does winning one with AD accomplish that? I like AD, but I hope the Knicks don't trade all their youth away to build a "super team".

Not a huge RJ fan yet, but he's definitely the best prospect at 3 and I might take him over Morant as well. I would worry we'd get burned passing on him. I think he could be a mix of Jalen Rose and Harden at the next level. With the way fouls are called in the league today, he'd clean up. Also, I watched the Duke team a bunch - there was no spacing at all and RJ is clearly a guy who would benefit playing off guys who could shoot. (i.e. Knox, KD, Kyrie, etc)

I've heard him compared to Harden and TMac. He put up historic numbers for a freshman in the ACC. I am commenting on your post because you would take him but aren't excited. I am really commenting at others that don't like his game and would take Garland or Culver or some other lotto ticket. RJ was the consensus #1 overall pick in the pre season. I wish he was a better/more efficient shooter but I mean ****, we are stumbling into a blue chip prospect. Sure, that might not pan out. But I would rather bet on a blue chip at a discount than some crazy random best case scenario

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Why are we not that excited to add RJ Barrett?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy