[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Best Chance for Knicks to Get AD
Author Thread
TheGame
Posts: 25466
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/15/2006
Member: #1154
USA
5/16/2019  11:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/16/2019  11:43 AM
While people are saying us losing out of Zion killed our chances, I actually think picking 3rd can help us in an AD trade. The fact is that Zion is not all that happy about going to the Pelicans. What better way to make him happy than to send his good friend and college teammate to play with him. RJ Barret is not the PG the Pelicans are looking for but he is a good passer who will help take pressure off Holiday to facilitate offense. A deal of RJ, our 2020 1st round pick, Dallas' 2021 first round pick, and Tier and Frank would be a solid deal in my view. Pelicans will probably want Mitchell, but I would say no. If they want Knox, I would try to avoid giving him up, but ultimately AD might be worth it. I would only do this if AD signs his extension before coming. He would have to commit for at least three years before I did the trade, but the Knicks could put a package together that would be competitive without gutting the whole team. If we can get AD, then getting KD becomes more realistic. A team of Smith, Dotson, KD, AD, and Mitchell would be very competitive in the East.
Playoffs or bust
AUTOADVERT
fwk00
Posts: 21133
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/20/2015
Member: #6048

5/16/2019  5:42 PM
Makes some sense.

If MR is the domino that gets AD here, I think you put that chip on the table. Having said that. Pull back a few others.

I'd say Barrett, MR, DSJ, sign and trade Hezonja and Mudiay to a one year contract bonanza to make the money work, and the Dallas picks for AD and Holiday, two big ticket players.

martin
Posts: 48702
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
5/17/2019  12:21 PM
fwk00 wrote:Makes some sense.

If MR is the domino that gets AD here, I think you put that chip on the table. Having said that. Pull back a few others.

I'd say Barrett, MR, DSJ, sign and trade Hezonja and Mudiay to a one year contract bonanza to make the money work, and the Dallas picks for AD and Holiday, two big ticket players.

Want to say that Holiday is a hometown fav of the team and organization and vice versa, especially after what his family went through.

IMHO they would keep him to go along with all of the young kids.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
Posts: 30116
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
5/17/2019  12:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/17/2019  12:58 PM
I doubt a deal can get done without Mitch. I'm think it would have to be Barrett, Knox, Smith, Ntilikina, Robinson and the 2 Dallas picks. The good news is we can realistically make the trade without losing any of our own future 1st round picks. The bad news is we are dealing all young prospects. Our starting lineup next year would be strong: Irving, Dotson, Durant, Davis, and Vonleh (we can keep his cheap cap hold.) But we would only have the mini MLE to add a bench.
dacash
Posts: 21001
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 10/17/2006
Member: #1179

5/17/2019  2:23 PM
Knixkik wrote:I doubt a deal can get done without Mitch. I'm think it would have to be Barrett, Knox, Smith, Ntilikina, Robinson and the 2 Dallas picks. The good news is we can realistically make the trade without losing any of our own future 1st round picks. The bad news is we are dealing all young prospects. Our starting lineup next year would be strong: Irving, Dotson, Durant, Davis, and Vonleh (we can keep his cheap cap hold.) But we would only have the mini MLE to add a bench.

how do u know irving and durant are coming here?

blkexec
Posts: 24894
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/3/2004
Member: #748
5/17/2019  2:39 PM
I wouldnt make any deal until I know for sure KD is coming....Once its confirmed, u do whatever it takes to get AD here. Miami and Boston already set the blue print for building an overnight championship team.

KD and AD will attract all the missing pieces....to finally get a chip.

Personally I have a connection with MR, since we balled at the same gym prior to his draft. But if MR is the missing piece, u have to include him as a last resort.

Q: What is the difference between a Knicks fan and a baby? A: The baby will stop whining after awhile.
BigDaddyG
Posts: 26888
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

5/17/2019  3:13 PM
blkexec wrote:I wouldnt make any deal until I know for sure KD is coming....Once its confirmed, u do whatever it takes to get AD here. Miami and Boston already set the blue print for building an overnight championship team.

KD and AD will attract all the missing pieces....to finally get a chip.

Personally I have a connection with MR, since we balled at the same gym prior to his draft. But if MR is the missing piece, u have to include him as a last resort.

Wow, I thought you'd be the one person adamant about keeping Mitch hahaha. I'm sure there were people in Boston adamant about keep Al Jefferson when they trade for KG. I'm sure there are people saying they would never give up Tatum in an AD deal. But as much potential as Mitch has, you just don't know. I'd like to see all the youth develop, but our window shortens the moment KD signs. This will be Perry biggest test.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Knixkik
Posts: 30116
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
5/17/2019  3:36 PM
dacash wrote:
Knixkik wrote:I doubt a deal can get done without Mitch. I'm think it would have to be Barrett, Knox, Smith, Ntilikina, Robinson and the 2 Dallas picks. The good news is we can realistically make the trade without losing any of our own future 1st round picks. The bad news is we are dealing all young prospects. Our starting lineup next year would be strong: Irving, Dotson, Durant, Davis, and Vonleh (we can keep his cheap cap hold.) But we would only have the mini MLE to add a bench.

how do u know irving and durant are coming here?


It's all hypothetical of course.
Knicksfan
Posts: 31720
Alba Posts: 27
Joined: 7/5/2004
Member: #691
USA
5/17/2019  3:37 PM
Keep your assets!

Draft RJ.

Do your best with KD and Kawhi and Kyrie and the rest. If you get them, AWESOME! Then you think about small moves to get some veteran help.

If you dont get them? With more importance you need to keep your assets. With the new volatile NBA Lottery, draft picks are even more important, especially those from teams in the middle of the pact, like possibly Dallas will be.

Not only that, but Barrett could be the key in galvanizing the good but erratic young talent we have. The young foundation would be there:

C- Robinson
PF- Vonleh
SF- Knox
SG- Barrett
PG- Smith Jr.

Bench:
6th- Trier
7th- Dotson
8th- Kornet / Ellenson
9th- Ntilikina

Young AF and not a winner yet, but the most promising collection of young talent we have seen in decades.

Knicks_Fan
BigDaddyG
Posts: 26888
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

5/17/2019  3:48 PM
https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/05/17/report-pelicans-not-high-on-knicks-forward-kevin-knox/
Can't say I blame Pelicans for not being a Knox fan. They'd have to take him anyway for salaries to match, but this makes it clear that Mitch and #3 would have to go.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
Posts: 58716
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
5/17/2019  4:03 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/05/17/report-pelicans-not-high-on-knicks-forward-kevin-knox/
Can't say I blame Pelicans for not being a Knox fan. They'd have to take him anyway for salaries to match, but this makes it clear that Mitch and #3 would have to go.
The source for the article was Bondy.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
Posts: 38920
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
5/17/2019  4:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/17/2019  4:09 PM
Knicksfan wrote:Keep your assets!

Draft RJ.

Do your best with KD and Kawhi and Kyrie and the rest. If you get them, AWESOME! Then you think about small moves to get some veteran help.

If you dont get them? With more importance you need to keep your assets. With the new volatile NBA Lottery, draft picks are even more important, especially those from teams in the middle of the pact, like possibly Dallas will be.

Not only that, but Barrett could be the key in galvanizing the good but erratic young talent we have. The young foundation would be there:

C- Robinson
PF- Vonleh
SF- Knox
SG- Barrett
PG- Smith Jr.

Bench:
6th- Trier
7th- Dotson
8th- Kornet / Ellenson
9th- Ntilikina

Young AF and not a winner yet, but the most promising collection of young talent we have seen in decades.

You have no choice but to keep your assets if you don't get what you want for them.

Keep in mind that the knicks draft picks have back peddle in their 2nd yr all the time, frank being the most recent candidate. The knicks have been famous for waiting until their assets value is rock bottom then end up receiving trash in return.

I like mitch and dotson, but like mosgov, i won't hesitate to give them up for a better player in a heart beat.

ES
BigDaddyG
Posts: 26888
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

5/17/2019  4:37 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/05/17/report-pelicans-not-high-on-knicks-forward-kevin-knox/
Can't say I blame Pelicans for not being a Knox fan. They'd have to take him anyway for salaries to match, but this makes it clear that Mitch and #3 would have to go.
The source for the article was Bondy.

True, but this doesn't sound to hard to believe. But this is the time of year were writers get forcefed mounds of horse crap to regurgitate, so everything needs to be filtered with skepticism. Gail Benson just came out and said the comments attributed to her about the Lakers are false.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
Posts: 38920
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
5/17/2019  4:44 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/05/17/report-pelicans-not-high-on-knicks-forward-kevin-knox/
Can't say I blame Pelicans for not being a Knox fan. They'd have to take him anyway for salaries to match, but this makes it clear that Mitch and #3 would have to go.
The source for the article was Bondy.

True, but this doesn't sound to hard to believe. But this is the time of year were writers get forcefed mounds of horse crap to regurgitate, so everything needs to be filtered with skepticism. Gail Benson just came out and said the comments attributed to her about the Lakers are false.

Ainge is a pretty smart guy, why would he trade for a player who has no intentions on resigning with you, they could end up losing Kyrie-FA, Tatum and Brown Via trade, and AD within 12 months, that's career suicide for any president/GM. So I don't look at Boston as a threat at all

ES
BigDaddyG
Posts: 26888
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

5/17/2019  5:28 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/05/17/report-pelicans-not-high-on-knicks-forward-kevin-knox/
Can't say I blame Pelicans for not being a Knox fan. They'd have to take him anyway for salaries to match, but this makes it clear that Mitch and #3 would have to go.
The source for the article was Bondy.

True, but this doesn't sound to hard to believe. But this is the time of year were writers get forcefed mounds of horse crap to regurgitate, so everything needs to be filtered with skepticism. Gail Benson just came out and said the comments attributed to her about the Lakers are false.

Ainge is a pretty smart guy, why would he trade for a player who has no intentions on resigning with you, they could end up losing Kyrie-FA, Tatum and Brown Via trade, and AD within 12 months, that's career suicide for any president/GM. So I don't look at Boston as a threat at all

The fact Kyrie is likely gone could pressure Ainge into making a deal. Tatum or Brown still trumps anything we have on the roster. It depends on Ainge and AD's mindset in a month or two. All guesses at this point.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Knixkik
Posts: 30116
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
5/17/2019  11:49 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/05/17/report-pelicans-not-high-on-knicks-forward-kevin-knox/
Can't say I blame Pelicans for not being a Knox fan. They'd have to take him anyway for salaries to match, but this makes it clear that Mitch and #3 would have to go.
The source for the article was Bondy.

True, but this doesn't sound to hard to believe. But this is the time of year were writers get forcefed mounds of horse crap to regurgitate, so everything needs to be filtered with skepticism. Gail Benson just came out and said the comments attributed to her about the Lakers are false.

Ainge is a pretty smart guy, why would he trade for a player who has no intentions on resigning with you, they could end up losing Kyrie-FA, Tatum and Brown Via trade, and AD within 12 months, that's career suicide for any president/GM. So I don't look at Boston as a threat at all

The fact Kyrie is likely gone could pressure Ainge into making a deal. Tatum or Brown still trumps anything we have on the roster. It depends on Ainge and AD's mindset in a month or two. All guesses at this point.

I doubt Tatum or Brown trump the #3 pick. Barrett is generally viewed as an equal prospect to Tatum and will have 2 more years on a cost controlled contract. Tatum is more proven of course but compare their college seasons and it’s not even close.

jskinny35
Posts: 20356
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/27/2005
Member: #928
USA
5/17/2019  11:56 PM
Totally against gutting our young assets and especially giving up Mitch with how he played this year - defense, blocks and costs next to nothing. I get that Pelicans would want him, but there's always a line when it's too much. With the Melo deal we crossed that line and gave up everything. Yes, it's true they were all average to good players and Melo was the best player in the deal. So we got the best player, had to take crap with it (eg Sheldon Williams) and lost all our flexibility going forward. When Melo and Amare didn't mesh (and Amare got hurt) we struggled for years to get back to a place of flexibility and only had 1 winning season. Now we're back in a similar situation and can't believe so many of us are willing to almost repeat the same scenario. KD just turned 30 and is currently injured, Kyrie is injured a lot, AD has some injury issues as well (eg last year). And AD is going to need the ball to get his 25+ points after KD and Kyrie take their turns...

Mitch, Knox, DSJr, RJ and 2 future 1st round picks, depth and a future (eg money to sign other possibly good players if they become available)

or

Anthony Davis (and minus pretty much all listed above)


If we do this (again) - we truly get what we deserve

smackeddog
Posts: 34217
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
5/18/2019  2:29 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/05/17/report-pelicans-not-high-on-knicks-forward-kevin-knox/
Can't say I blame Pelicans for not being a Knox fan. They'd have to take him anyway for salaries to match, but this makes it clear that Mitch and #3 would have to go.

this is exactly what happened in the run up to the melo trade- all the media and the nuggets trashing our young players (Gallo, wilson chandler, mosgov etc) so we end up having to give up everything, then after the trade they do a 180 and suddenly they're all promising young players.

blkexec
Posts: 24894
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/3/2004
Member: #748
5/18/2019  10:38 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
blkexec wrote:I wouldnt make any deal until I know for sure KD is coming....Once its confirmed, u do whatever it takes to get AD here. Miami and Boston already set the blue print for building an overnight championship team.

KD and AD will attract all the missing pieces....to finally get a chip.

Personally I have a connection with MR, since we balled at the same gym prior to his draft. But if MR is the missing piece, u have to include him as a last resort.

Wow, I thought you'd be the one person adamant about keeping Mitch hahaha. I'm sure there were people in Boston adamant about keep Al Jefferson when they trade for KG. I'm sure there are people saying they would never give up Tatum in an AD deal. But as much potential as Mitch has, you just don't know. I'd like to see all the youth develop, but our window shortens the moment KD signs. This will be Perry biggest test.

Last resort man....

But I woke up this morning and watched a KD scouting video on RJ and he loves him. This had me thinking.

Is it smart to gut your team of young players that wants to be in ny, for AD who made it clear he prefers his hometown team LA.

I dont trust the knicks with these over haul trades. I was against the melo trade. And now I'm having second thoughts on AD.

We are in a better situation now since NO has zion....and NO wasnt Zions preferred destination. What better way for NO to show they are committed to making zion happy, by adding RJ. RJ is a better trade chip than anybody else, due to zion instant chemistry and feeds his home sickness playing with his buddy since they appear to be very close.

Knicks should play hard ball.

RJ with young assets and depth

Vs

AD who's injury prone and hasnt proved to make his teammates better.

Q: What is the difference between a Knicks fan and a baby? A: The baby will stop whining after awhile.
blkexec
Posts: 24894
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/3/2004
Member: #748
5/18/2019  10:52 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/18/2019  10:54 AM
Mitch is no AD....want to make that clear first.

But Mitch has proven that he can guard AD...Especially if he improves physically and mentally over the summer. Mitch is younger than his age. When talking to him in person, it's obvious. His maturity level was very low....almost like talking to a HS kid. By now his confidence should be sky high, and knicks staff should be pumping him with workouts and routines to improve his basketball skills.

I dont trust ADs health...or committment. Yes hes a star player, but GS is showing you that its possible to win a chip with only 2 superstars....as long as you have a Draymond Green and iggy....with role players that knows their role.

And to me RJ is a mix of green and iggy, with a jumper. Hes a do it all type player, which is a perfect role player around superstars. RJ led the ACC in points while playing with a potential NBA superstar in zion. RJ and Mitch will be a problem. Dont let Knox improve....These are nice solid pieces to have around KD and whoever else he wants as a running mate.

Q: What is the difference between a Knicks fan and a baby? A: The baby will stop whining after awhile.
Best Chance for Knicks to Get AD

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.