[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Grizzlies declare they will select JA MORANT.
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/17/2019  3:32 PM
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:
NYStateOfMind wrote:Because Morant is Westbrookesque. But the biggest advantage of getting him, is we wouldn't have to go after headcase Kyrie and a max contract slot nor overpay Kemba. Instead we could focus on KD, maybe Kawhi with those 2 max slots. Morant is an assists guy on top of the dunks most only know him for. That helps KD, while Kyrie is ball dominant. I'd rather KD, Kawhi and Morant/RJ. I doubt the AD move happens now that we lost leverage if we had gotten Zion, but maybe they want to pair RJ with Zion as a new core. If the Grizzlies change their mind and go with RJ, I think the AD trade is near impossible without a team gut, been there, done that, no thanks. I don't mind losing out on Zion, but the 2nd pick was the next ideal. Now we rely on others. I also wish free agency occurred before the draft, so people could know what their needs were. Say we signed Kyrie and RJ went second, then the Knicks would know to trade down. The lottery and free agency timing need a better plan. I hate tanking, not sure this was a great solution, but maybe better than it was. Timing was terrible for our Knicks.

Knicksfan wrote:Stay the course with RJ Barrett. I don’t understand why some of you cry for Ja Morant because:

1. Many of you want KD and Kyrie. Barrer would be the best pick to complement that.

2. If it’s about talent, the jury is so split on Morant and Barrett being the second best prospect. Many even suggest that in the future when we look back at this draft, Barrett could end up being the best player.

3. You just love Morant? Cool, but Barrett IS still one of the three best prospects in the draft. Be happy we have the 3rd pick.

4. Just as many people have pointed out, every time Morant is asked about NY he acts like he wouldn’t love the prospect of being picked here. Meanwhile, Zion once suggested the Knicks were his team and he had a meeting with our management set after the lottery.

What matters is we get the best possible talent we can get at 3. So happens he would fill a position of need even in our best case scenario where we would sign two big stars in free agency. I’m thrilled!

My dream scenario is go after and sign KD/Kawhi, draft RJ.

Kameem, RJ, Kawhi, KD, Mitch. Bench.

My worry with that is we need a PG- don’t want a repeat of the Amare Melo years. Maybe you could get Rubio on the room exemption? Or draft Garland instead of RJ in that scenario

Kadeem is obviously not a proven guy at PG but he competes on defense and shot well from distance. RJ is like have a second PG on the floor, the guy makes passes. And Durant wants the ball in his hands.

For me it's more about having a defender at the spot who can space. Figure out the rest of the PG duties with team play.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/17/2019  4:55 PM
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:
NYStateOfMind wrote:Because Morant is Westbrookesque. But the biggest advantage of getting him, is we wouldn't have to go after headcase Kyrie and a max contract slot nor overpay Kemba. Instead we could focus on KD, maybe Kawhi with those 2 max slots. Morant is an assists guy on top of the dunks most only know him for. That helps KD, while Kyrie is ball dominant. I'd rather KD, Kawhi and Morant/RJ. I doubt the AD move happens now that we lost leverage if we had gotten Zion, but maybe they want to pair RJ with Zion as a new core. If the Grizzlies change their mind and go with RJ, I think the AD trade is near impossible without a team gut, been there, done that, no thanks. I don't mind losing out on Zion, but the 2nd pick was the next ideal. Now we rely on others. I also wish free agency occurred before the draft, so people could know what their needs were. Say we signed Kyrie and RJ went second, then the Knicks would know to trade down. The lottery and free agency timing need a better plan. I hate tanking, not sure this was a great solution, but maybe better than it was. Timing was terrible for our Knicks.

Knicksfan wrote:Stay the course with RJ Barrett. I don’t understand why some of you cry for Ja Morant because:

1. Many of you want KD and Kyrie. Barrer would be the best pick to complement that.

2. If it’s about talent, the jury is so split on Morant and Barrett being the second best prospect. Many even suggest that in the future when we look back at this draft, Barrett could end up being the best player.

3. You just love Morant? Cool, but Barrett IS still one of the three best prospects in the draft. Be happy we have the 3rd pick.

4. Just as many people have pointed out, every time Morant is asked about NY he acts like he wouldn’t love the prospect of being picked here. Meanwhile, Zion once suggested the Knicks were his team and he had a meeting with our management set after the lottery.

What matters is we get the best possible talent we can get at 3. So happens he would fill a position of need even in our best case scenario where we would sign two big stars in free agency. I’m thrilled!

My worry with that is we need a PG- don’t want a repeat of the Amare Melo years. Maybe you could get Rubio on the room exemption? Or draft Garland instead of RJ in that scenario

Kadeem is obviously not a proven guy at PG but he competes on defense and shot well from distance. RJ is like have a second PG on the floor, the guy makes passes. And Durant wants the ball in his hands.

For me it's more about having a defender at the spot who can space. Figure out the rest of the PG duties with team play.

I don't want to put 2 super stars around a bunch of young players who don't take winning serious yet..

ES
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/17/2019  5:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/17/2019  5:49 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:

I don't want to put 2 super stars around a bunch of young players who don't take winning serious yet..

If we manage to keep the best of our recent picks, and sign two stars, willing to be more than stat padders, they will learn about winning from experience.

If we sign two players who dont show up on the IL a lot, Who are willing to be mentors to the younger players. Thats a major blessing right there.

We sign two players who cant stay healthy, or for whatever reason, more interested in stats. Yes that would be a problem.

Its about fit. We do need some vets on the bench. Not so many if the stars are also leaders.

NYStateOfMind
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5741
USA
5/17/2019  7:01 PM
The more the Warriors win without KD, the better the chances he leaves. It will prove that team didn't need him in the first place. He is going to miss the whole Portland series. Who knows about the Finals. This increases our odds of acquiring him. I like it.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
5/17/2019  7:47 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:

Ridiculous assumptions.

Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
5/17/2019  7:50 PM
NYStateOfMind wrote:The more the Warriors win without KD, the better the chances he leaves. It will prove that team didn't need him in the first place. He is going to miss the whole Portland series. Who knows about the Finals. This increases our odds of acquiring him. I like it.

Unless his injury is veeery serious to the point it has an effect on next season and beyond. There are still people that are suspicious on the injury because of how he reacted. We’ll see if he comes back to the playoffs and how he performs if he does.

Knicks_Fan
Kemet
Member: #6148

5/17/2019  7:54 PM
NYStateOfMind wrote:The more the Warriors win without KD, the better the chances he leaves. It will prove that team didn't need him in the first place. He is going to miss the whole Portland series. Who knows about the Finals. This increases our odds of acquiring him. I like it.

True! the 2014 original champs GS Warriors really didn't need Durant to repeat however, if Durant do sign on to the Knicks, then selfish shoot-first Kyrie will be in NY knocking and knocking at the Knicks door like a hungry dog. No! I don't want Kyrie in a Knicks uniform.

I don't believe the Memphis Grizz (They would be big FOOLS) to select Ja Morant with the 2nd pick over a 2-Way upcoming super-star Point-Forward Barrett, who showed repeatedly to be NBA-Ready in Duke to perform at 3 position in his rookie season in college.
Memphis Grizz would have to super-star forwards in their lineup for years in PF- Jaren Jackson Jr. and RJ Barrett. I am confuse to know why the Memphis organization made the statement of selecting Ja Morant a month before draft night (Do they have a team already to trade Conley) ???
I would rather have PG-Conley on the Knicks over Kyrie all-day every-day, plus Conley would speed up Tank-Tank Fizdale FIRING!

After watching Knox performance in the SLG and then at the start of the regular season, when January arrived I was so sick of Knox non-passing, clueless switch, and poor-poor defense I wanted to trade Knox to Duke for RJ Barrett. Yes, I preferred to get Barrett in the draft over Zion.

Hypothetically thinking .. I hope we do get RJ Barrett in the draft !!!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/18/2019  2:49 AM
KYrie leaves, Trade Haywood and two picks for Conley. Same age, same contract.
Memphis gets two nice picks and Boston still has trade fodder for AD.
blkexec
Member: #748
5/18/2019  3:52 AM
Knicksfan wrote:

Unless his injury is veeery serious to the point it has an effect on next season and beyond. There are still people that are suspicious on the injury because of how he reacted. We’ll see if he comes back to the playoffs and how he performs if he does.

I've had that injury several times.....from minor to major. Longterm, he'll be fine. Hes still young....

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/18/2019  7:48 AM
Calf strain is a tear. People are actually doing conspiracy on this like he is faking it?
WOW111
NYStateOfMind
USA
5/20/2019  1:16 PM
Agreed, but that goes without saying.

Knicksfan wrote:

NYStateOfMind
USA
5/20/2019  1:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/20/2019  1:38 PM
I don't want any part of Conley, his age and contract. They announced so early to get offers now for Conley, but maybe more a smoke screen so they can trade the pick, keep Conley and grab someone else, like RJ if the Knicks bite the fishing lure. Know is not aggressive enough to play in NY. Maybe role player on a different team.

Kemet wrote:

True! the 2014 original champs GS Warriors really didn't need Durant to repeat however, if Durant do sign on to the Knicks, then selfish shoot-first Kyrie will be in NY knocking and knocking at the Knicks door like a hungry dog. No! I don't want Kyrie in a Knicks uniform.

I don't believe the Memphis Grizz (They would be big FOOLS) to select Ja Morant with the 2nd pick over a 2-Way upcoming super-star Point-Forward Barrett, who showed repeatedly to be NBA-Ready in Duke to perform at 3 position in his rookie season in college.
Memphis Grizz would have to super-star forwards in their lineup for years in PF- Jaren Jackson Jr. and RJ Barrett. I am confuse to know why the Memphis organization made the statement of selecting Ja Morant a month before draft night (Do they have a team already to trade Conley) ???
I would rather have PG-Conley on the Knicks over Kyrie all-day every-day, plus Conley would speed up Tank-Tank Fizdale FIRING!

After watching Knox performance in the SLG and then at the start of the regular season, when January arrived I was so sick of Knox non-passing, clueless switch, and poor-poor defense I wanted to trade Knox to Duke for RJ Barrett. Yes, I preferred to get Barrett in the draft over Zion.

Hypothetically thinking .. I hope we do get RJ Barrett in the draft !!!

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/20/2019  2:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/20/2019  2:26 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:

If we manage to keep the best of our recent picks, and sign two stars, willing to be more than stat padders, they will learn about winning from experience.

If we sign two players who dont show up on the IL a lot, Who are willing to be mentors to the younger players. Thats a major blessing right there.

We sign two players who cant stay healthy, or for whatever reason, more interested in stats. Yes that would be a problem.

Its about fit. We do need some vets on the bench. Not so many if the stars are also leaders.

your not winning anything if your roster is not primarily made up of vets...

If you want good development you want guys like Knox, Dsj, Barret mitch around 8 veterans, not 2 stars around 6 to 8 young guys..(it will split your locker room up..remember the vets upset with trier's ISO's)

If you look at the 4 teams left playing in the NBA right now they are primarily made up of VETs with a couple or solid young players..

Our best roster in 19 yrs was a veteran squad, and if we had a couple of rising stars on that roster to substitute for KIDD and JR's funky shooting we would have been good..

There is NO DEVELOPING YOUNG PLAYERS IN NYC..it's just too much going on too keep them focus

ES
Grizzlies declare they will select JA MORANT.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy