[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Trust The Scott Perry Process
Author Thread
Chandler
Posts: 23431
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/26/2015
Member: #6197

5/17/2019  1:12 PM
Marv wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Marv wrote:
Chandler wrote:the process du jour seems to be marry 18-19 year olds with 31 year olds and nothing in between

yesterday it was draft guys who play D and pass, until they decided draft and sign guys who play ISO and don't pass and the coach admitted he can't really coach D

keeping my fingers crossed that the team drafts well and doesn't pull a Melo 2.0 or McDyess 2.0 with trades

the players we’re targeting for the 2nd FA slot are 26-28.

the youth core include a 21, 23 and 24 year old.

Who doesn't like the idea of improving by 20 or 30 games next season. A big part of me will enjoy those wins for a change. But being more realistic, even if we did imrpove that much, the fact of the matter is we're picking FAs as if we're contending for a championship next year or the year after (at which point KD will be 33). Sixers and Bucks and Toronto will be younger and more cohesive

I'd prefer more realistic goals of picking guys pre-prime (or at least younger) and who you think will continue to evolve so that we have some sustained trajectory and cohesiveness with hopefully solid drafting

9 out of 10 times i would agree with you. this is the 1 out of 10 however. the reason - durant is absolutely transcendant and otherworldly. he’s super-aware on the court, plays a total team game and can and will take over the scoring when needed to win a game. dude not only scored 26 ppg on high efficiency but also dished out 6 apg from the frontcourt. he’s just a sick sick player at the top of his game who plays like the entire game is slowed down for him and is team-first. and we can get him without giving up a player or draft pick? 100% you do it.

btw i went to the gsw game this year and watched him closely. he was like mj. facilitated for 3 quarters and then heading into a tied 4th quarter just went off, burying everything he touched. effortlessly (i know, it was against the knicks . . . )

imo he will have nothing but a positive impact on this franchise. every young player on the team will improve at a faster rate playing with him. and the franchise’s arc of development will accelerate.

Do you think he could play at his current level for another 4 years? If so then I'd feel happier about the approach. I'm working off the assumption (based on gut, nothing more) that he will be great for 2 yeas then decline but we'll be paying him still as if he were great

I also think we're probably 2 years away from our kids (and that's what they are) from playing well. In 2 years some of them will still be too young to drink

Martin: Hezonja will be in the NBA next year. Martin was right; I was wrong. :-(
AUTOADVERT
Marv
Posts: 34722
Alba Posts: 69
Joined: 9/2/2002
Member: #315
5/17/2019  1:23 PM
Chandler wrote:
Marv wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Marv wrote:
Chandler wrote:the process du jour seems to be marry 18-19 year olds with 31 year olds and nothing in between

yesterday it was draft guys who play D and pass, until they decided draft and sign guys who play ISO and don't pass and the coach admitted he can't really coach D

keeping my fingers crossed that the team drafts well and doesn't pull a Melo 2.0 or McDyess 2.0 with trades

the players we’re targeting for the 2nd FA slot are 26-28.

the youth core include a 21, 23 and 24 year old.

Who doesn't like the idea of improving by 20 or 30 games next season. A big part of me will enjoy those wins for a change. But being more realistic, even if we did imrpove that much, the fact of the matter is we're picking FAs as if we're contending for a championship next year or the year after (at which point KD will be 33). Sixers and Bucks and Toronto will be younger and more cohesive

I'd prefer more realistic goals of picking guys pre-prime (or at least younger) and who you think will continue to evolve so that we have some sustained trajectory and cohesiveness with hopefully solid drafting

9 out of 10 times i would agree with you. this is the 1 out of 10 however. the reason - durant is absolutely transcendant and otherworldly. he’s super-aware on the court, plays a total team game and can and will take over the scoring when needed to win a game. dude not only scored 26 ppg on high efficiency but also dished out 6 apg from the frontcourt. he’s just a sick sick player at the top of his game who plays like the entire game is slowed down for him and is team-first. and we can get him without giving up a player or draft pick? 100% you do it.

btw i went to the gsw game this year and watched him closely. he was like mj. facilitated for 3 quarters and then heading into a tied 4th quarter just went off, burying everything he touched. effortlessly (i know, it was against the knicks . . . )

imo he will have nothing but a positive impact on this franchise. every young player on the team will improve at a faster rate playing with him. and the franchise’s arc of development will accelerate.

Do you think he could play at his current level for another 4 years? If so then I'd feel happier about the approach. I'm working off the assumption (based on gut, nothing more) that he will be great for 2 yeas then decline but we'll be paying him still as if he were great

I also think we're probably 2 years away from our kids (and that's what they are) from playing well. In 2 years some of them will still be too young to drink

i think your assumption about durant sounds right. but during those 2 years we’ll have a second major vet and our kids will play like rondo and perkins did with the influx of garnett and allen. by year 3 we’ll trade durant to new jersey for 3 #1’s.

“This board has become a repository for mentally unstable attention seekers. Or gimmick posters.” - sebstar
Nalod
Posts: 57723
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
5/17/2019  1:41 PM
Durant is 30 at the moment. IN 4 years He'll be 34. He'll be 31 by next season.
32
33
34.....Then done. This is how old Lebron is now. No two the same. Melo was 32 when he fell off. Durant has been injury free not like Amare was.
I share every concern about his age. He has the build of Earl Monroe who played well into his 30's. Not saying he is earl, or anyone else. I think you go under that he is good for 3 years and you eat year 4.
Maybe the dude has dignity and retires or a buyout if he is cooked. Can he play well at 34? I don't know.
You don't show a fool a job half done!
Uptown
Posts: 27781
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 4/1/2008
Member: #1883

5/17/2019  2:01 PM
Marv wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Marv wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Marv wrote:
Chandler wrote:the process du jour seems to be marry 18-19 year olds with 31 year olds and nothing in between

yesterday it was draft guys who play D and pass, until they decided draft and sign guys who play ISO and don't pass and the coach admitted he can't really coach D

keeping my fingers crossed that the team drafts well and doesn't pull a Melo 2.0 or McDyess 2.0 with trades

the players we’re targeting for the 2nd FA slot are 26-28.

the youth core include a 21, 23 and 24 year old.

Who doesn't like the idea of improving by 20 or 30 games next season. A big part of me will enjoy those wins for a change. But being more realistic, even if we did imrpove that much, the fact of the matter is we're picking FAs as if we're contending for a championship next year or the year after (at which point KD will be 33). Sixers and Bucks and Toronto will be younger and more cohesive

I'd prefer more realistic goals of picking guys pre-prime (or at least younger) and who you think will continue to evolve so that we have some sustained trajectory and cohesiveness with hopefully solid drafting

9 out of 10 times i would agree with you. this is the 1 out of 10 however. the reason - durant is absolutely transcendant and otherworldly. he’s super-aware on the court, plays a total team game and can and will take over the scoring when needed to win a game. dude not only scored 26 ppg on high efficiency but also dished out 6 apg from the frontcourt. he’s just a sick sick player at the top of his game who plays like the entire game is slowed down for him and is team-first. and we can get him without giving up a player or draft pick? 100% you do it.

btw i went to the gsw game this year and watched him closely. he was like mj. facilitated for 3 quarters and then heading into a tied 4th quarter just went off, burying everything he touched. effortlessly (i know, it was against the knicks . . . )

imo he will have nothing but a positive impact on this franchise. every young player on the team will improve at a faster rate playing with him. and the franchise’s arc of development will accelerate.

Do you think he could play at his current level for another 4 years? If so then I'd feel happier about the approach. I'm working off the assumption (based on gut, nothing more) that he will be great for 2 yeas then decline but we'll be paying him still as if he were great

I also think we're probably 2 years away from our kids (and that's what they are) from playing well. In 2 years some of them will still be too young to drink

i think your assumption about durant sounds right. but during those 2 years we’ll have a second major vet and our kids will play like rondo and perkins did with the influx of garnett and allen. by year 3 we’ll trade durant to new jersey for 3 #1’s.

Difference between Durant and LeBron is Durant doesn't rely much on his athleticism...Durant is a lights out shooter and that ain't going nowhere...He's also 7 feet and his length aint going anywhere either....well he may hunch over a little but he'll be in a nursing home by then...

Nalod
Posts: 57723
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
5/18/2019  7:58 AM
Uptown wrote:
Marv wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Marv wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Marv wrote:
Chandler wrote:the process du jour seems to be marry 18-19 year olds with 31 year olds and nothing in between

yesterday it was draft guys who play D and pass, until they decided draft and sign guys who play ISO and don't pass and the coach admitted he can't really coach D

keeping my fingers crossed that the team drafts well and doesn't pull a Melo 2.0 or McDyess 2.0 with trades

the players we’re targeting for the 2nd FA slot are 26-28.

the youth core include a 21, 23 and 24 year old.

Who doesn't like the idea of improving by 20 or 30 games next season. A big part of me will enjoy those wins for a change. But being more realistic, even if we did imrpove that much, the fact of the matter is we're picking FAs as if we're contending for a championship next year or the year after (at which point KD will be 33). Sixers and Bucks and Toronto will be younger and more cohesive

I'd prefer more realistic goals of picking guys pre-prime (or at least younger) and who you think will continue to evolve so that we have some sustained trajectory and cohesiveness with hopefully solid drafting

9 out of 10 times i would agree with you. this is the 1 out of 10 however. the reason - durant is absolutely transcendant and otherworldly. he’s super-aware on the court, plays a total team game and can and will take over the scoring when needed to win a game. dude not only scored 26 ppg on high efficiency but also dished out 6 apg from the frontcourt. he’s just a sick sick player at the top of his game who plays like the entire game is slowed down for him and is team-first. and we can get him without giving up a player or draft pick? 100% you do it.

btw i went to the gsw game this year and watched him closely. he was like mj. facilitated for 3 quarters and then heading into a tied 4th quarter just went off, burying everything he touched. effortlessly (i know, it was against the knicks . . . )

imo he will have nothing but a positive impact on this franchise. every young player on the team will improve at a faster rate playing with him. and the franchise’s arc of development will accelerate.

Do you think he could play at his current level for another 4 years? If so then I'd feel happier about the approach. I'm working off the assumption (based on gut, nothing more) that he will be great for 2 yeas then decline but we'll be paying him still as if he were great

I also think we're probably 2 years away from our kids (and that's what they are) from playing well. In 2 years some of them will still be too young to drink

i think your assumption about durant sounds right. but during those 2 years we’ll have a second major vet and our kids will play like rondo and perkins did with the influx of garnett and allen. by year 3 we’ll trade durant to new jersey for 3 #1’s.

Difference between Durant and LeBron is Durant doesn't rely much on his athleticism...Durant is a lights out shooter and that ain't going nowhere...He's also 7 feet and his length aint going anywhere either....well he may hunch over a little but he'll be in a nursing home by then...


Good points. Durant is more Dirk then Lebron, Kobe or Jordan!!

You don't show a fool a job half done!
Chandler
Posts: 23431
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/26/2015
Member: #6197

5/20/2019  7:52 AM
Can he play at 34 is one question. Can he play worth his contract is another? Just as our teenagers start getting good his game might be declining even if respectable

As i said before, who doesn't like KD. But it certainly doesn't strike me as some long term master plan/process. Right now, the dilemma (IMO) is what to do at 3? On the one hand, the team will need more quality veteran depth to be serious; on the other hand this might be the best chance to draft a future superstar in a long time. Getting quality FAs should take us out of the lottery

Martin: Hezonja will be in the NBA next year. Martin was right; I was wrong. :-(
Nalod
Posts: 57723
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
5/20/2019  11:08 AM
Chandler wrote:Can he play at 34 is one question. Can he play worth his contract is another? Just as our teenagers start getting good his game might be declining even if respectable

As i said before, who doesn't like KD. But it certainly doesn't strike me as some long term master plan/process. Right now, the dilemma (IMO) is what to do at 3? On the one hand, the team will need more quality veteran depth to be serious; on the other hand this might be the best chance to draft a future superstar in a long time. Getting quality FAs should take us out of the lottery


Im in the school of Durant/Kyrie but the process of growth. In that...

Jordan/Mitch/Kornet
Durant/Mitch/Kornet
Knox/Mario/Frank
Kyrie/Dsm/Frank
Trier/RJ/Frank

Obviously this is far from complete and revolves around what we know or suspect. I don't love a lot of this but what is the expectation? Its just not reasonable to think we "contend" after just one summer.

I also don't know what Durant/Kyrie expectations are coming in. Im sure they "Hope" to win but not sure they will ask that we grind the youth to "Win right the phuch now" or "lets develop 1,2,3" guys and make some trades to fill things in.

we just don't know. Thus Im not sweating the "process". As a fan my expectations are not "Why did we suffer if we can't win right away".
I expect:

1. Durant gets his three peat and legacy is etched nice.
2. Kyrie understands and Learns. Not that that he changes who he is, but if he comes here as deputy dog he understands his role better. If we go young he buys into this from day one. So I expect little to no drama, about 65 games a year.
3. DSjr gets developed and maybe trade bait down the road. Same for others. ITs not a static situation. Some players despite our history can get much better. Its not lack of sun, bad water, diet, or genetics, its just not been done here in forever.

Thus its fluid. But not known is the love and respect for coach Fiz by Durant and Kyrie. From what I read this all might be Durants grand design for the last year and there will and can be further changes. Im having a lot of fun with this. Im rooting for GSW in part because I love the game they play. I do like Portland as well. No hate on any of the final 4 teams. I'd like to see Toronto get past Milwaukee.

You don't show a fool a job half done!
Trust The Scott Perry Process

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.