[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What if its Garland?
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/15/2019  11:05 AM
Stephen A Smith said this AM, that Garland might be on the Knicks radar. If true, what would you think of that pick? Have to take a better look myself.
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
5/15/2019  11:07 AM
This year there's a top 3 and everyone else. i really hope they don't overthink it.
GustavBahler

5/15/2019  11:09 AM
Knixkik wrote:This year there's a top 3 and everyone else. i really hope they don't overthink it.

Might involve trading down. Pretty sure they could find a taker for Barrett.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

5/15/2019  11:11 AM
no, **** no. if we take a ****ing PG with a 6'1" wingspan at #3 I'm very likely done with the team. Garland can play, BUT THERE ARE 3 BLUECHIP PROSPECTS AND WE CAN GET ONE
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/15/2019  11:12 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:This year there's a top 3 and everyone else. i really hope they don't overthink it.

Why though? Barrett can be a difference maker. Is Garland a better prospect than Smith?

SupremeCommander

5/15/2019  11:14 AM
Knixkik wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Why though? Barrett can be a difference maker. Is Garland a better prospect than Smith?

I know some people see him as a Damian Lillard type of impact player from a "small" school. That sounds good and all but those types of picks more likely fail than not. There's a reason Lillard type of prospects get drafted out of the top 10

GustavBahler

5/15/2019  11:15 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:no, **** no. if we take a ****ing PG with a 6'1" wingspan at #3 I'm very likely done with the team. Garland can play, BUT THERE ARE 3 BLUECHIP PROSPECTS AND WE CAN GET ONE

Dont know if its true, but since Barrett hasn't been declared the pick yet, you never know. We didnt see Knox coming until the last minute.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

5/15/2019  11:19 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:no, **** no. if we take a ****ing PG with a 6'1" wingspan at #3 I'm very likely done with the team. Garland can play, BUT THERE ARE 3 BLUECHIP PROSPECTS AND WE CAN GET ONE

Dont know if its true, but since Barrett hasn't been declared the pick yet, you never know. We didnt see Knox coming until the last minute.

You are right, a lot of things can happen. However I don't think we trade down only because its not a deep draft. Outside of Zion, Barrett, and morant there is a decent size drop off in high ceiling talent
SupremeCommander

5/15/2019  11:19 AM
GustavBahler wrote:

if that happens well FML

As for Knox, even though I said I wouldn't do that in the thread... well here I am doing it. I said in February before the draft that Knox probably made the most sense for us draft among the likely guys

GustavBahler

5/15/2019  11:22 AM
Knixkik wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

I cant argue on the merits of drafting Garland, haven't watched much film of him. Im guessing a first round pick would be the price, at least. Perry/Mills would have 3 first round picks to use in deals,trades, or just develop.

If the Knicks dont make the playoffs because Durant stays, goes to the Clips. They pass on Irving because Durant isnt part of the package, another first rounder would be great. Of course tbey'd have to believe Garland was worth the pick. Your guess is better than mine.

GustavBahler

5/15/2019  11:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/15/2019  11:24 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

if that happens well FML

As for Knox, even though I said I wouldn't do that in the thread... well here I am doing it. I said in February before the draft that Knox probably made the most sense for us draft among the likely guys

Nothing wrong with saying it. Once I had a closer look myself, I was onboard.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
5/15/2019  11:26 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Stephen A Smith said this AM, that Garland might be on the Knicks radar. If true, what would you think of that pick? Have to take a better look myself.

From Rozier to Garland are they down on Smith? Are they gonna look to move him? We already know they don't view Frank as a PG. They keep brining up other PGs that can make Smith feel good.

Not to mention Kyrie wanting to come. Is this a smoke screen to throw off the Kyrie scent for some reason? Or are they not interested in maxing Kyrie? Its really weird given who is on the team and who is expected to be interested that they keep talking about going after other PGs.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
SupremeCommander

5/15/2019  11:26 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

if that happens well FML

back to the point:
in theory, I am fine with Garland. I know the guy can play. I just don't know if he is good enough to overcome his "physical limitations" as it relates to the NBA, anyway.

GustavBahler

5/15/2019  11:28 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

if that happens well FML

back to the point:
in theory, I am fine with Garland. I know the guy can play. I just don't know if he is good enough to overcome his "physical limitations" as it relates to the NBA, anyway.

Such as?

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/15/2019  11:29 AM
Nope. RJ, Ja or AD
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/15/2019  11:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/15/2019  11:36 AM
Im not cutting my wrists until the hype machine is in full swing regarding who impressed who in workouts. Garland might be the next curry? Perhaps.
Fans have a big appetite for "who we gonna pick".....
Google Darious Garland and the articles "he is the drafts next Luka Doncic"! We'll work him out.
Remember when Jared Sullinger was all the rage and then thru the season fell?
Or DSjr who missed his senior year in High school but was seen prior as no. 1 overall?
Kristaps blew all away in his workouts. Injury and personality disorder (A joke) aside, the kids talent was valid to go 2-3-4th in that draft.
Michael Porter did not play this year and freaking Denver was awesome!
Luka was the best and Trae came on strong but lots of Jury's still out and Porter might be the long term best.
So many variables........
GustavBahler

5/15/2019  11:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/15/2019  11:34 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Stephen A Smith said this AM, that Garland might be on the Knicks radar. If true, what would you think of that pick? Have to take a better look myself.

From Rozier to Garland are they down on Smith? Are they gonna look to move him? We already know they don't view Frank as a PG. They keep brining up other PGs that can make Smith feel good.

Not to mention Kyrie wanting to come. Is this a smoke screen to throw off the Kyrie scent for some reason? Or are they not interested in maxing Kyrie? Its really weird given who is on the team and who is expected to be interested that they keep talking about going after other PGs.

Was thinking the same thing about DSjr, was really just a glimpse this season. Morant looked like he could be a Penny Hardaway type of PG, big fast, high energy. Got why they would draft Morant even with DSJr on the roster. Could be a smokescreen, testing the market for the third pick.

smackeddog
Member: #883
5/15/2019  11:40 AM
I'm interested in him, I trust our scouts to do the necessary homework
SupremeCommander

5/15/2019  11:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/15/2019  11:53 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

if that happens well FML

back to the point:

Such as?

his height and his reach, namely. He's roughly the size and shape of Allen Iverson or Damon Stoudamire. I think that's a lot to overcome. You have to be the goods in order to overcome that. Garland is good but wasn't as good as Trae Young. Maybe this is too old schhol because the game is evolving but I feel like a guy that small has to come in without any holes to his game. I haven't seen enough of him play to comment on whether he's complete or not

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/15/2019  1:01 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

if that happens well FML

back to the point:

Such as?

his height and his reach, namely. He's roughly the size and shape of Allen Iverson or Damon Stoudamire. I think that's a lot to overcome. You have to be the goods in order to overcome that. Garland is good but wasn't as good as Trae Young. Maybe this is too old schhol because the game is evolving but I feel like a guy that small has to come in without any holes to his game. I haven't seen enough of him play to comment on whether he's complete or not

He looks like he takes way too many dribbles to score. Relies purely on footwork, which is fine for a big guard but not for a PG. supposedly is just an ok passer. I’ll pass. I’d be happy with him with the 7-10 pick. I’ll take the big guard or the super talented/athletic PG.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
What if its Garland?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy