[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

We should be pretty Happy as Knicks fans...
Author Thread
jskinny35
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #928
USA
5/15/2019  12:46 AM
Ok we didn't get Zion and we didn't fall to 5th... think things are looking good for building toward the future

This very possibly could be our lineup for the next 2-3 years

Mitch (Kornet)
Durant (Vonleh)
Knox (LT or Mario, Ellenson)
RJ Barrett (Trier,Dotson, Jenkins)
Kyrie (DSJr, Frank, Kadeem)

With all our draft picks going forward which could add to our depth and possibly find another building block

Only overt negative is that Knox playing next to Durant doesn't seem like a good fit unless Knox becomes more of a grinder type (not a chucker)

We have a very solid rotation at the PG if we keep all of them. Our SG rotation is also pretty good. We will need a hustling/scrapping PF.

Adding AD and subtracting Mitch, #3/RJ (if he's the pick), Knox and future draft picks isn't going to help that much. Lineups needs variety and spacing. Mitch seems like he would fit better next to Durant as he doesn't need a lot of shots and plays closer to the basket. AD shifts in and out and is somewhat redundant as they both shoot/score a lot from outside and midrange. Really hope we don't go for AD - anything else and I feel like we should be pretty optimistic about our improvement for next season.

AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/15/2019  2:57 AM
It could have been a lot worse- I fell asleep just before it and dreamt the Heat won!

Considering the new lottery odds, we were lucky not to fall further. The 3rd pick gives us options of trading up or down. There's still some hope for Ja Morant. We could still do an AD trade (I'm only offering a limited package of RJ, DSJ/Frank and maybe a pick- Not worth doing it beyond that). Mavs didn't move up, which was crucial.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/15/2019  7:28 AM
Some see it as we fell 2 spots and deserved Zion given our season. Others see it that we moved up from guaranteed 5th spot. Classic half full/half empty. Not sure anyone is right or wrong here.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

5/15/2019  8:19 AM
Nalod wrote:Some see it as we fell 2 spots and deserved Zion given our season. Others see it that we moved up from guaranteed 5th spot. Classic half full/half empty. Not sure anyone is right or wrong here.
True. I mean the odds of us winning the lotter with the news rules were slim but it sucks that two teams moved up 6 spots to get ahead of us. On the other hand many expected we were dropping to 5. So I guess we got something in the middle. I still think many are kind of downplaying Barrett's potential. I understand Zion took off this year but Barrett was the consensus top pick for awhile. If he can fix some issues we may end up with a steal at 3. Yes its a positive outlook but also something that is reasonable to think
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
5/15/2019  9:24 AM
There is a steep drop off after pick 3. So given that there was a very good chance we were getting 4 or 5, I'll breathe a sigh of relief. It's a toss up for me of Barrett vs Morant, so this is ok.
MS
Member: #724
5/15/2019  9:43 AM
It wasn't the worst case scenario, however NO and Lakers moving up to 1 & 4 is not great for the Knicks.

It gives the Lakers a better package and would force us to give up DSJR, Knox, Barret, Mitch and two first rounders (DAL)to get the deal done and gut the entire roster. But, hanging onto frank, trier, Dotson gives the team a little depth.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
5/15/2019  10:15 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/15/2019  10:15 AM
MS wrote:It wasn't the worst case scenario, however NO and Lakers moving up to 1 & 4 is not great for the Knicks.

It gives the Lakers a better package and would force us to give up DSJR, Knox, Barret, Mitch and two first rounders (DAL)to get the deal done and gut the entire roster. But, hanging onto frank, trier, Dotson gives the team a little depth.

Correct. It means the AD to Knicks is dead... and I think its a very good thing.
AD will be a Laker. This is decided already by Nike and Bron who are running the NBA.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
smackeddog
5/15/2019  10:56 AM
MS wrote:It wasn't the worst case scenario, however NO and Lakers moving up to 1 & 4 is not great for the Knicks.

But spite may play a big part- there was a report saying Pelicans were determined never to trade AD to the Lakers

smackeddog
5/15/2019  11:00 AM
jskinny35 wrote:Ok we didn't get Zion and we didn't fall to 5th... think things are looking good for building toward the future

This very possibly could be our lineup for the next 2-3 years

Mitch (Kornet)
Durant (Vonleh)
Knox (LT or Mario, Ellenson)
RJ Barrett (Trier,Dotson, Jenkins)
Kyrie (DSJr, Frank, Kadeem)

With all our draft picks going forward which could add to our depth and possibly find another building block

Only overt negative is that Knox playing next to Durant doesn't seem like a good fit unless Knox becomes more of a grinder type (not a chucker)

We have a very solid rotation at the PG if we keep all of them. Our SG rotation is also pretty good. We will need a hustling/scrapping PF.

Adding AD and subtracting Mitch, #3/RJ (if he's the pick), Knox and future draft picks isn't going to help that much. Lineups needs variety and spacing. Mitch seems like he would fit better next to Durant as he doesn't need a lot of shots and plays closer to the basket. AD shifts in and out and is somewhat redundant as they both shoot/score a lot from outside and midrange. Really hope we don't go for AD - anything else and I feel like we should be pretty optimistic about our improvement for next season.

I'm genuinely happy after sleeping on it- if we draft RJ and sign KD and Kyrie, we have a pretty versatile lineup and a pretty good amount of depth and potential- you can even move KD to C, Knox to PF, RJ to SF, Dotson/Trier at SG and Kyrie at Pg for stretches.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/15/2019  11:10 AM
I'm just happy we landed in the top 3. I'm used to us getting 4 or 5 in a 3 player draft. It could have gone so much worse.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/15/2019  2:38 PM
Knixkik wrote:I'm just happy we landed in the top 3. I'm used to us getting 4 or 5 in a 3 player draft. It could have gone so much worse.

It looks like a 3 player draft now, but the best player usually ends up being someone nobody expected

ES
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/15/2019  2:47 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:I'm just happy we landed in the top 3. I'm used to us getting 4 or 5 in a 3 player draft. It could have gone so much worse.

It looks like a 3 player draft now, but the best player usually ends up being someone nobody expected

Sometimes sure. There will always be guys that come out of nowhere. But this year there are 3 guys who would be considered safe, high potential prospects, then it gets really foggy.

smackeddog
5/15/2019  2:53 PM
Does falling to 3 mean we can pick up Triers option?

Knicksfilm school breaks it down but seems to think no:

With us having only 2.4mil left while Triers option is 3.5mil

However if we trade Lance and cash, that saves 1mil, plus doesn’t keeping trier mean you can also deduct one of the 0.8mil roster spot cap holds?

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/15/2019  4:22 PM
smackeddog wrote:Does falling to 3 mean we can pick up Triers option?

Knicksfilm school breaks it down but seems to think no:

With us having only 2.4mil left while Triers option is 3.5mil

However if we trade Lance and cash, that saves 1mil, plus doesn’t keeping trier mean you can also deduct one of the 0.8mil roster spot cap holds?

they are going to have to get rid of frank, with barret or JA in play, where is frank getting minutes from..not to mention DSJ and kyrie

ES
Sambakick
Member: #5646

5/15/2019  4:35 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Some see it as we fell 2 spots and deserved Zion given our season. Others see it that we moved up from guaranteed 5th spot. Classic half full/half empty. Not sure anyone is right or wrong here.
True. I mean the odds of us winning the lotter with the news rules were slim but it sucks that two teams moved up 6 spots to get ahead of us. On the other hand many expected we were dropping to 5. So I guess we got something in the middle. I still think many are kind of downplaying Barrett's potential. I understand Zion took off this year but Barrett was the consensus top pick for awhile. If he can fix some issues we may end up with a steal at 3. Yes its a positive outlook but also something that is reasonable to think

60% chance we wind up 4th or 5th. only 40% chance we get one of the Top 3 picks.

So we did better than probability would suggest and just enough to land in the 2nd tier of the Draft.

After that the dropoff is huge.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
We should be pretty Happy as Knicks fans...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy