[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

How long will coach last?
Author Thread
DajuanANDonly
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #191
1/12/2002  10:00 AM
Do you think some of the players have quit on him? Is it just coincidence that Spree ha splayed like horse-shi* since Chaney has taken over?
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/12/2002  10:06 AM
I think all of the players like Chaney, but need to prove it. When he first took over Sprewell's numbers skyrocketed and so did Camby's. Sprewell wants to stay in new york still, but at this point, trading him and Thomas for Wallace would be the best move for the team at this point. Either way something needs to be done to get this team back on the winning track. If nothing changes Chaney will be gone.
DajuanANDonly
Member: #191
1/12/2002  10:19 AM
Spree had a few good games but I think the last 3 or for he has shot horribly and just looked not into it at all. I like Chaney but I think he inherited a bad situation. I agree I think they need a change just for the sake of change.
scylla
Member: #97
1/12/2002  3:49 PM
I like Chaney too, and I think it's impossible to really get an accurate sense of a coach who didn't have the benefit of a training camp, especially one with a philosophy that's essentially the opposite of his predecessor's. I doubt Layden will fire him this season no matter how bad it gets, but I'd be amazed to see Chaney next season. I'm kind of hoping there's something to the Doc Rivers rumors.
knickgeek
Member: #46
USA
1/12/2002  7:08 PM
I don't see how you can blame Chaney for what is happening - it is clear to me that part of the reason Van Gundy left was he could see what was coming. These guys probably do need a drill sargent type though.

I agree with those who say the fault lies higher up. I don't blame them for trying to trade to make the team better, but so many of the moves have just been boneheaded. Now we have an eclectic, mismatched, overpaid group of guys who obviously think they are better players than they are.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/12/2002  7:27 PM
Posted by knickgeek:

I don't see how you can blame Chaney for what is happening - it is clear to me that part of the reason Van Gundy left was he could see what was coming. These guys probably do need a drill sargent type though.

I agree with those who say the fault lies higher up. I don't blame them for trying to trade to make the team better, but so many of the moves have just been boneheaded. Now we have an eclectic, mismatched, overpaid group of guys who obviously think they are better players than they are.

I do think that with the types of players the Knicks have, they need a more tightly run ship. But I do not think the fault is entirely the coach's, but rather the players on the team - the lack of on the court leaders. Like LJ and Ewing, and Oakley before them. And Rivers and Harper before Oakley. These were players who lead and solidified the team on the court and were mentally strong and consistent on a daily basis. Camby, Houston, and even Spree don't have that mentality.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
How long will coach last?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy