Author Thread
Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

5/16/2019  11:32 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
Marv wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:My problem with Barrett is that his floor is iman shumpert
haha c'mon man. iman shumpert was LOST as an offensive player.
Wait n watch buddy

To me, Shumpert was. and is, a head case. Plus, he came in after three years. Barrett is better than him now.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
AUTOADVERT
newyorker4ever
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5816

5/16/2019  11:34 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
TheGame wrote:My only hope was that the Knicks did not fall out of the top-3. Mission accomplished. Barrett or JA will be huge upgrades to this team. Trust the process!!
Agreed. I wanted to win the lottery of course but most of all I wanted top 3.

I gotta admit that i was a top 2 guy and thought it was more a 2 player draft than a 3 player draft with Zion and Ja but i don't hate Barrett. I would consider a trade down in the lottery as well.

newyorker4ever

5/16/2019  11:38 AM
Marv wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Marv wrote:
Wait n watch buddy

can't wait.

I'm trying to figure out how either of you will come to any conclusion on what his floor is. Who gets to say "well i guess he's just a Shump clone?"

newyorker4ever

5/16/2019  11:41 AM
Sambakick wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Stephen A Smith said that Perry/Mills might be more interested in Garland.

A guy nobody ever heard of? Hasn't seen? Haven't spoken of til yesterday. OKrrrrr.

Maybe you never heard of him but myself and i'm sure many others knew who he was and hated seeing him get injured so early in the year. He came into the year projected as the top PG in college basketball. He can shoot the rock very well, has good court vision (not as good as Morant) and plays good defense as well. If he checks out medically then i'm good with drafting him if Kyrie isn't coming. The problem is that he's already left the combine because many suspect he already got a guarantee from a lottery team that they're gonna take him and many think it could be the Lakers who draft at #4 and they're gonna trade Lonzo.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/16/2019  11:47 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:
Sambakick wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Stephen A Smith said that Perry/Mills might be more interested in Garland.

A guy nobody ever heard of? Hasn't seen? Haven't spoken of til yesterday. OKrrrrr.

Maybe you never heard of him but myself and i'm sure many others knew who he was and hated seeing him get injured so early in the year. He came into the year projected as the top PG in college basketball. He can shoot the rock very well, has good court vision (not as good as Morant) and plays good defense as well. If he checks out medically then i'm good with drafting him if Kyrie isn't coming. The problem is that he's already left the combine because many suspect he already got a guarantee from a lottery team that they're gonna take him and many think it could be the Lakers who draft at #4 and they're gonna trade Lonzo.

I would offer DSjr, and maybe a future first rounder for Ball. Guessing he is going to have a breakout year next season. Those crappy shoes his father made him wear (as well as his father) are out of the picture. Believe this will all have a beneficial effect on Lonzo's game.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
5/16/2019  11:51 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:
Sambakick wrote:

The problem with Garland is he is a small PG. Ja is an inch taller and has longer arms, and as you said, Ja is a better passer. Ja is also a better finisher around the basket. Really, the only thing Garland might be better at is shooting, and JA is not a bad shooter. I don't see how Mills/Perry could draft Garland and pass on Barrett. We have two young PGs on the team already, and I think Smith has the potential to be at least a decent starting PG. Barrett would instantly become the go-to scorer on this team and his ability to pass will open up the game for everyone. Unless the Knicks are already convinced that Smith cannot be the starting PG long-term, there is no way they draft Garland. However, I agree that Garland could turn out to be a good player and the best PG of this class.

Trust the Process
newyorker4ever

5/16/2019  12:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/16/2019  12:12 PM
TheGame wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Sambakick wrote:

The problem with Garland is he is a small PG. Ja is an inch taller and has longer arms, and as you said, Ja is a better passer. Ja is also a better finisher around the basket. Really, the only thing Garland might be better at is shooting, and JA is not a bad shooter. I don't see how Mills/Perry could draft Garland and pass on Barrett. We have two young PGs on the team already, and I think Smith has the potential to be at least a decent starting PG. Barrett would instantly become the go-to scorer on this team and his ability to pass will open up the game for everyone. Unless the Knicks are already convinced that Smith cannot be the starting PG long-term, there is no way they draft Garland. However, I agree that Garland could turn out to be a good player and the best PG of this class.

My post was never about comparing J.Morant to D.garland so not sure what your post is about. If i was choosing out of J.Morant and Garland i would take Ja without a doubt but Ja will be gone at #3 so like i said i was never using my post to compare the two. My Post was about giving much thought about taking Garland at #3 over Barrett. I think DSJ would be a great backup PG or 6th man on a good team but not the starter IMO. I like some of what he does but the kid can't shoot very good and that includes from the free throw line. If we somehow got Morant or did draft Garland then i would try to trade DSJ but would be good with him staying as well. I guess it would depend on what i could get for him.

smackeddog
Member: #883
5/16/2019  12:19 PM
TheGame wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Sambakick wrote:

Garland would make more sense if we signed KD and Kawhi.i know we have DSJ and Frank, but it seems we don’t want Frank to be our PG and I think a better shooting and passing PG would make more sense than DSJ

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
5/16/2019  1:57 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
Marv wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Marv wrote:
Wait n watch buddy

can't wait.

I'm trying to figure out how either of you will come to any conclusion on what his floor is. Who gets to say "well i guess he's just a Shump clone?"

i guess if he bombs and never surpasses iman's performance then cartman will have been right.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/16/2019  2:04 PM
Marv wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Marv wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Marv wrote:
Wait n watch buddy

can't wait.

i guess if he bombs and never surpasses iman's performance then cartman will have been right.

He can finish around the rim. That already makes him better.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
5/16/2019  2:38 PM
I would trade the 3rd pick and the two Dallas picks for the number one pick.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/16/2019  2:44 PM
Vmart wrote:I would trade the 3rd pick and the two Dallas picks for the number one pick.

I don't think anyone would object to that at all.
In fact, I'd even throw in Frank!

knicks1248
Member: #582
5/16/2019  2:47 PM
Nalod wrote:
Vmart wrote:I would trade the 3rd pick and the two Dallas picks for the number one pick.

I don't think anyone would object to that at all.
In fact, I'd even throw in Frank!

No wayy, i can see you crying like embiid if that happen..lol

ES
knicks1248
Member: #582
5/16/2019  2:48 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Marv wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Marv wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Marv wrote:
Wait n watch buddy

can't wait.

RJ Barret = Penny hardaway

ES
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
5/16/2019  2:58 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Marv wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Marv wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Marv wrote:
Wait n watch buddy

can't wait.

i see more tracy mcgrady.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/16/2019  3:02 PM
Barret is a gem. This reminds me of a Lebron/Wade/Melo type draft. So we arent getting Lebron but we are getting a blue chip player plain and simple. RJ checks every box. High level athlete, high IQ, 2 way player who has accomplished great things and won every where at every level. Clutch player also.

I hope we never have to tank again, but if you do its so you can be in a position to pick Zion/Ja/RJ and we are. RJ is going to be great. He's going to make us better immediately and he's a good kid. There is nothing not to love about this prospect. This is an easy one for the Knicks. Really easy. The only thing that gets complicated is if RJ goes 2, Barrett falls to us and we actually do have a KD/Kyrie promise. I think you take the BPA and go from there.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/16/2019  3:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/16/2019  3:37 PM
Marv wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Marv wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Marv wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Marv wrote:
Wait n watch buddy

can't wait.

I don't see either player. Barret isn't at that level athletically or as a playmaker. Prime McGrady could get his shot off of a God if he needed to. Truly unstoppable. Penny was a legit point guard.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/16/2019  3:32 PM
I think this will be like the KP draft, when we were so bummed we never got the top 3 pick because we’d just focused on okafor, Russell and whoever the third dude was, but ended up with a gem.

I think the criticism RJ got towards the end of the college season was ridiculously overblown. If you can shoot 66% of your fts at the age of 18, chances are with a great work ethic (which he has) you can raise that. Same with his three point shot- form wise it’s fine.

He wants to be here and he has the personality that fits right in to the culture the Knicks are trying to install (hard working, hard competitor).

I like how he doesn’t shy away from contact, and is good at absorbing the hit and still finishing at the basket.

His flaws are all fixable with coaching and development and hard work.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/16/2019  4:16 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Marv wrote:
Wait n watch buddy
This just sounds like hate for a player. Barrett was ranked #1 in his class coming out of high school. Shump was considered a second round pick until he blew D’Antoni away in a workout. Mannix has a new podcast out today and said he thinks Barrett could be a franchise player for the Knicks.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

5/16/2019  4:39 PM
Marv wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Marv wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Marv wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Marv wrote:
Wait n watch buddy

can't wait.

either way YEEAHHHH BABY

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Welcome to the Knicks - RJ Barrett

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy