[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Welcome to the Knicks - RJ Barrett
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
5/15/2019  7:26 PM
franco12 wrote:please don't trade the pick unless it's to move up.

I'm excited about RJ! He looks great. I mean, Zion looks like a monster, but we've needed a wing that can attack the basket and score, and the NBA is swinging that way in a big way.

KD
Kyrie
RJ
Knox
Mitch

That is an awesome starting five! Great mix of youth, talent and veteran savvy.

I'd certainly talk with NO about trading up - I don't see a deal they take.

And the same for pick 2, where we perhaps package DSjr & pick 3 to move up one - we need to clear cap for 2 max deals, and if Kyrie is coming, no need for DSjr to be a back up.

And at 2 I might still pick RJ.

That lineup should be the plan. Then fill the bench with vets.

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/15/2019  7:54 PM
Sambakick wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Stephen A Smith said that Perry/Mills might be more interested in Garland.

A guy nobody ever heard of? Hasn't seen? Haven't spoken of til yesterday. OKrrrrr.

Nah, he's been on scouting radars all year. He just got injured. Kid's looks like he's got the complete scoring package. His finishing need to improve, but he's nifty around the basket. Not sure he'll ever be a prototypical floor general, but he's got enough sense to get the job done.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
blkexec
Member: #748
5/15/2019  10:22 PM
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
5/16/2019  8:37 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Stephen A Smith said that Perry/Mills might be more interested in Garland.

He reports his wishful thinking as actual reports.

Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
USA
5/16/2019  8:37 AM
Cartman718 wrote:My problem with Barrett is that his floor is iman shumpert

Wow, then you have NO IDEA about Barrett and can't be more way off.

Knicks_Fan
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
5/16/2019  8:53 AM
ESPN is reporting that the Grizzlies have been telling folks they’re taking Morant.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26757427/grizz-make-known-pick-morant

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

5/16/2019  9:05 AM
technomaster wrote:ESPN is reporting that the Grizzlies have been telling folks they’re taking Morant.

The front office knows more than the public does...I'm sure through back channels, the Front office knows if Kyrie is a strong possibility. If its all but a done deal, Barrett is the ideal fit with Kyrie and Durant....

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

5/16/2019  9:07 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/16/2019  9:08 AM
Knixkik wrote:
franco12 wrote:please don't trade the pick unless it's to move up.

I'm excited about RJ! He looks great. I mean, Zion looks like a monster, but we've needed a wing that can attack the basket and score, and the NBA is swinging that way in a big way.

KD
Kyrie
RJ
Knox
Mitch

That is an awesome starting five! Great mix of youth, talent and veteran savvy.

I'd certainly talk with NO about trading up - I don't see a deal they take.

And the same for pick 2, where we perhaps package DSjr & pick 3 to move up one - we need to clear cap for 2 max deals, and if Kyrie is coming, no need for DSjr to be a back up.

And at 2 I might still pick RJ.

That lineup should be the plan. Then fill the bench with vets.

I would replace Knox in the SL with a dawg....A Draymond Green type player who will defend, rebound, take charges, move the ball etc. Durant, Kyrie and RJ will provide most of the points in the SL...If Knox aint shooting, he's not doing much else at this point in his career. He would be better coming off the bench IMO....

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/16/2019  9:08 AM

Barrett broke the ACC freshman scoring record. Shumpert is a defensive player with limited scoring. In what way are they similar?

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
5/16/2019  9:26 AM
Uptown wrote:
technomaster wrote:ESPN is reporting that the Grizzlies have been telling folks they’re taking Morant.

The front office knows more than the public does...I'm sure through back channels, the Front office knows if Kyrie is a strong possibility. If its all but a done deal, Barrett is the ideal fit with Kyrie and Durant....

IMO it would be a similar situation to the Westbrook, Durant, Harden trio. And Barrett like Harden those years would be best off the bench to balance the roster. Barrett is a high usage feature type of player and would excell as the feature for the 2nd unit to start his career if he is paired with Kyrie and Durant.

Dotson is a perfect fit given his style and game to play off of Kyrie and Durant in the starting lineup. If they could pull of a S&T for Julius Randle(Smith, Frank & Lance?) so Pelicans get something for him then that would be perfect. As it would allow Allen, Trier, Barrett, Knox, Kornet to man the 2nd unit. With Kyrie, Dotson, Durant, Randle, Robinson to man the starting lineup.

Might even be able to convince Jordan to take the mid level as well for a year?

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

5/16/2019  9:40 AM
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:Ja Morant does not have question marks. Zion's question marks...his weight. Barrett's question marks...his shooting
Ja Morant is like a better Westbrook the way he carved his competition. He's a good consolation prize I'd be ok with.

Isn’t the fact that he played in an inferior league his biggest question mark? How about the turnovers? Thought those were quite assumed

It is an inferior league, but he still willed his team to the touranment. In 33 games this past season, he had 10+ assist games 19 times. Turnovers....yes a bit concerning but only because he's not playing with NBA teammates with better skill sets.
FYI...Curry averages 3 TOs for his career. Literally no one uses that as a barometer for him because he does so many other things great.

You are kinda throwing around weight and shooting and then making light of everything else Morant

Agree. Here is the thing most are ignoring. Those that participated in organized basketball at a high level realize that the PG position is the hardest position on the floor. It needs the most experience and skill and is the toughest position to draft. To trust a kid that played against the best competition, at the NCAA level, to run an NBA team is hard enough. To pick one that competed against weaker level of competition at the NCAA is impossible and IMO naïve. If we look back at most drafts, the NBA is littered with PG's that did not pan out or took 3 plus years to gain some traction. My fear is that the Knicks pass on RJ at three for some reach pick like Garland(Even worse scenario than Ja) or that the Grizzlies realize the same as mentioned above and pick Barrett at 2.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
knicks1248
Member: #582
5/16/2019  9:46 AM
Knicksfan wrote:

Wow, then you have NO IDEA about Barrett and can't be more way off.

Is that damn a joke..Iman shumpert..smh

way off is a understatement

ES
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

5/16/2019  9:48 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:Trade the pick for Beal

No.

At least Beal can shoot

his contract is bananas , but i would trade for him over AD if kyrie and kD are on board..it makes the most sense, and balances the roster with a real SG, a real pg, and a bona fide sf/pf..it also help that all three are good ball handlers.

You mention a guys contract is "Bananas" but in the next sentence you try to justify it and say you would trade for him?
AD is twice the player Beal is. Has ridiculously more value. You mention balance but fail to see how DEFE?NSE is part of the balance. AD gives you that, not Beal. You also fail to recognize that the $20M+ your paying for Beal has horrible value. You can get a guy that can shoot at SG for much less than your committing to Beal. Probably around $10M You cant get another AD for $10M?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/16/2019  9:50 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:Ja Morant does not have question marks. Zion's question marks...his weight. Barrett's question marks...his shooting
Ja Morant is like a better Westbrook the way he carved his competition. He's a good consolation prize I'd be ok with.

Isn’t the fact that he played in an inferior league his biggest question mark? How about the turnovers? Thought those were quite assumed

It is an inferior league, but he still willed his team to the touranment. In 33 games this past season, he had 10+ assist games 19 times. Turnovers....yes a bit concerning but only because he's not playing with NBA teammates with better skill sets.
FYI...Curry averages 3 TOs for his career. Literally no one uses that as a barometer for him because he does so many other things great.

You are kinda throwing around weight and shooting and then making light of everything else Morant

Agree. Here is the thing most are ignoring. Those that participated in organized basketball at a high level realize that the PG position is the hardest position on the floor. It needs the most experience and skill and is the toughest position to draft. To trust a kid that played against the best competition, at the NCAA level, to run an NBA team is hard enough. To pick one that competed against weaker level of competition at the NCAA is impossible and IMO naïve. If we look back at most drafts, the NBA is littered with PG's that did not pan out or took 3 plus years to gain some traction. My fear is that the Knicks pass on RJ at three for some reach pick like Garland(Even worse scenario than Ja) or that the Grizzlies realize the same as mentioned above and pick Barrett at 2.

ESPN said that the Grizz have put out there that they are taking Morant. After last year's draft. Second round, undrafted players they found who ended up playing like first round talent. Dont have a problem giving mgmt the benefit of the doubt. The only thing that would have changed my mind was trading the first pick, which they later said they had no plans of doing.

Just dont want to see the team gutted for Davis when we have Mitch.

Knicksfan
USA
5/16/2019  10:18 AM
Knicks_Fan
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/16/2019  10:44 AM
Knicksfan wrote:

How well Barrett played without Zion for that stretch was eye opening. Looked like a number one pick contender if Zion wasnt in the draft.

knicks1248
Member: #582
5/16/2019  11:07 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

No.

At least Beal can shoot

his contract is bananas , but i would trade for him over AD if kyrie and kD are on board..it makes the most sense, and balances the roster with a real SG, a real pg, and a bona fide sf/pf..it also help that all three are good ball handlers.

You mention a guys contract is "Bananas" but in the next sentence you try to justify it and say you would trade for him?
AD is twice the player Beal is. Has ridiculously more value. You mention balance but fail to see how DEFE?NSE is part of the balance. AD gives you that, not Beal. You also fail to recognize that the $20M+ your paying for Beal has horrible value. You can get a guy that can shoot at SG for much less than your committing to Beal. Probably around $10M You cant get another AD for $10M?

AD is injury prone and is avg 68 games per season, beal has missed 5 games in the last 3 seasons and played 82 the last 2 seasons...(talk about value)you really want 2 guys (KD and AD) who have very similar games, play the same position, damn near the same height, as your 2 best players

The NBA is a primarily a guards game now, a faster pace, and more perimeter base offense and you need shooters like crazy..I know both of them have all around games, but this ERA of the NBA is all about PnR, switch on everything defenses, and run and gun...and I don't know if you can consistently do that with 2 6 11' guys being your go to...

ES
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

5/16/2019  11:19 AM
PresIke wrote:One of the most controversial players in terms of views from NBA scouts and NCAA "experts."

NCAA lovers go bananas over him. Some NBA fans do too, but some have serious doubts.

It's not even clear we keep this pick at all.

If i can trade down a couple spots and get D.Garland or RJ Hunter while picking up an extra pick or two then i'm doing it. Garland only if no Kyrie of course but i think Garland will be a really good one.

newyorker4ever

5/16/2019  11:21 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

No.

At least Beal can shoot

I would do that for sure especially if we're getting KD and Kyrie. Gotta have that knock down 3 point shooter and Beal is not only that but can do everything else the great SG's can do as well. Plays defense as well.

newyorker4ever

5/16/2019  11:32 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

No.

At least Beal can shoot

AD impacts the game 100x time more than Beal. That includes offense and defense. AD averaged 4 assists a game and is also a good ball handler.

Yeah i don't think anyone would argue about who's the better player between AD and Beal because AD is a top 3 player in the league. Both are great additions if we're getting KD and Kyrie without a doubt but AD will cost more then Beal will cost in trade and even if we got AD to go with the other two we'd still have to go out and get a couple really good 3-D guys because you have to have that in this new NBA. The good thing is if we had those 3 then there would be plenty of 3-D vets wanting to come play with them and i would hope Danny Green would be on that list. He's one of the best 3-D SG's in the league and a native New Yorker but would he take less to come here would be the big question. If no D.Green then we need two of:

W.Ellintgon
T.Ross
KCP
M.Henzonja
R.Hood
R.Bulloack
Seth Curry
Wes Mathews

You give me any two of those guys to go with KD, AD and Kyrie and whatever young guys we have left after the AD trade then hope D.Jordan takes that mid level and fill out the rest of the 15 with other vets on min contracts and we good to go.

Welcome to the Knicks - RJ Barrett

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy